/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about something

Afg
10-23-2009, 03:01 AM
:sl: There is this website that my brother got from his friend. On the website you ask a question, like what is my name? And they give you accurate answers. The thing is, one of my brothers tried it and he typed 'what is my name?' and he got the right answer. But there is something weird. You see my brothers have different English teachers. The one who asked what is my name got his answer, and right after that, my other brother asked 'what is my English teacher's name?' and he got the correct answer of his English teacher's name. The thing im wondering about is how did this website know that my other brother was asking the question? I mean they could have made a mistake and gave the name of my other brother's English teacher, because he was the one who asked the first question. This might sound confusing but hope you get it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
titus
10-23-2009, 03:33 AM
What was the website?

Afg
10-24-2009, 01:42 AM
My brothers who went to this website are younger than me and i did not like them to use that kind of website. I dont think i should mention the website, but i can describe it. First there is a petition that you have to answer, then the question box will open and you ask a question. After a few seconds it answers. But it was strange how they knew which brother asked the question, and therefore gave him the right answer.

MT2
10-24-2009, 02:23 AM
If you mean that your brothers would type in the question, then they were using a website purposely made to puzzle people. I remember a coworker fooled us with such a website 2 years back, I just don't recall how it worked exactly...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Afg
10-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Ya they would type in the question, but there was no way they wrote the answers themselves. I saw it as well.

MT2
10-24-2009, 02:50 AM
If you're talking about the "Peter" website, then in reality, they're writing the answer to the question in the petition box instead of "Peter please answer" or whatever else was written except that it appears to you that they're typing in the petition. Hope that makes sense

Afg
10-24-2009, 02:58 AM
Ya that one. But it was not the Peter one this time. Thanks. But there is something confusing, which i mentioned in the opening post.

MT2
10-24-2009, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afg
Ya that one. But it was not the Peter one this time. Thanks. But there is something confusing, which i mentioned in the opening post.
The fact that your 2nd brother got the right question to his answer? The computer doesn't know the answer sis, you were just being fooled. Your brother wrote the answer to the question, which is why it appeared as the correct answer

Afg
10-24-2009, 03:18 AM
Ok, that is interesting. Maybe he did and i did not see it. I'll try to check it InshaAllah. Jazak Allahu khayr.

MT2
10-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Wa Iyaki sis. I had to try it out myself before understanding it :)

and take a look at this- it explains it better than I ever could...

"5. Type a period "." in the "Insert Petition" box. You'll notice that the letter "P" will appear instead of a period.
6. Type in the answer to the question. As you type each letter or number of the answer, the screen will display one more letter of the phrase, "Peter, please answer the following question:" This means no one will know that you're typing the answer to the question, because it looks like you're typing, "Peter, please answer the following question:".
7. Type another period "." when you're done entering the answer. When you type another period, the next letter of the petition phrase ("Peter, please answer the following question:") will appear.
8. Complete the petition phrase. Once you've typed the second period, the actual letters you type will show up on the screen. Now, just finish the phrase, being sure to end it with the colon.
9. Type in the question. Just as above, the cursor will jump to the question box as soon as you enter the colon. Type the question that was asked, and end it with a question mark. Peter will think for a second and then display the answer that you typed."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9210712AAgH3NY

alcurad
10-24-2009, 03:27 AM
http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question...1193210AA0HkKo

:/

Afg
10-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Oh hahaha that was funny ;D lol. Thanks.

Afg
10-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Ok i tried another one. AskJud. i put a dot and the J appears. The colon is not coming even though the full sentence is asked..

Muslim Woman
10-24-2009, 03:39 AM
:wa:

:sl:

.. my other brother asked 'what is my English teacher's name?' and he got the correct answer .

tell him to ask what's the name of the English teacher of Muslim Woman . Let's see if he gets the correct ans.

I am sure he won't .

Afg
10-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Lol :D He wont.

Afg
10-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Now i feel :embarrass I knew my bro was typing the petition, but i was far to see what actually was going on. And i didn't really cared that it work. But i decided to ask how it was done. At least i know now :)

Muslim Woman
10-24-2009, 09:47 AM
:sl:

Now i feel :embarrass ..... At least i know now :)

There is a Chinese proverb that says something like this : if u ask a question , you are fooled only for once but if u don't ask , you are a fool forever . So , u did the right thing :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.