/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Griffin attacks Islam on BBC show

GuestFellow
10-23-2009, 06:05 AM
British National Party leader Nick Griffin has used his Question Time appearance to criticise Islam and defend a past head of the Ku Klux Klan.

Click the link above to read the article.

Oh the entire show was a joke.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
10-23-2009, 06:40 PM
:threadapp

Cabdullahi
10-23-2009, 06:58 PM
the black kid at the beginning is sick!

aamirsaab
10-23-2009, 07:19 PM
:sl:
Everything he said about Islam on the show was an utter lie. The Qur'an mentions nothing about punishment of rape victims; treating women like second class citizens OR of punishing adultery victims via stoning.

And I dare him to prove me otherwise.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nocturnal
10-23-2009, 08:39 PM
The man showed himself to be a fatuous, blinkered moron. There's always going to be a certain amount of people that would vote BNP motivated purely by his mutterings about how the White race is facing a supposedly existential threat. I think it's the ones who are disenchanted by the mainstream political parties that last night's programme would hopefully have helped to swing back decisively in favour of mainstream political parties.

I couldn't believe some of the things he came up with; from denigrating Jack Straw's father, to his assertion about Whites being the aborigines and how that automatically renders everyone else as not ethnically British. I don't think the absurdity of his views was lost on anyone watching.

mahfuja
10-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Griffin the racist was def exposed in last night show but unfortunately when he claimed all those "facts" about Islam no one really refuted and did justice to our beautiful Peaceful Religion. His Islamaphobia views were not tackled sufficiently!

nocturnal
10-23-2009, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahfuja
Griffin the racist was def exposed in last night show but unfortunately when he claimed all those "facts" about Islam no one really refuted and did justice to our beautiful Peaceful Religion. His Islamaphobia views were not tackled sufficiently!
I think the pace at which everything was going meant that there was hardly any time for refutations. The audience was pretty much lining up to take their shots at him, and in any case, there was a hardly a credible Islamic authority on the panel to deliver the kind of cogent rebuttals that would quash his false claims. Baroness Warsi really is just a Tory mouthpiece and she pretty much did what was expected of her; to toe the party line and Cameron will probably be smirking right now.

To really systematically take apart Griffin's views, we'd need a rigorous debate between him and perhaps someone from the MCB on the panel.

Amadeus85
10-23-2009, 10:50 PM
Im watchng it now, show 2 of 7, and gonna watch all.
I'm not a Britton so its quite interesting for me. So far, my reflections, I dislike the audience which unables normal discussion by clapping hands and making noise. It is typical to our modern days, that the less people have to say, the louder they speak. They made a fool of Nick Griffin, which he most probably is. Its also very sad to see that the traditional and old Britain is hapenned to be defended by a shallow racist with primitive views. The old and traditional England deserves better defenders. Maybe Mr. Bean would go into politics.

Blackpool
10-23-2009, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahfuja
That's because nobody knows anything about Islam. Griffin could have used this Questions Time as an opportunity to spread his version of Islam and nobody would have refuted it. The "muslim" MP that featured looked to me as though she was wearing makeup. She looked "done up" in my opinion, isn't this unislamic?

Uthman
10-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Overall, I think this edition of Question Time was very poorly done. The most irritating thing for me was the fact that other panel members wouldn't even let Nick Griffin speak! The audience weren't of the highest calibre either - what was with all the cheering and whistling? That's definitely not appropriate behaviour for a QT audience.

I'm actually very confused right now and I'm beginning to wonder whether Nick Griffin and the BNP are as bad as they are made out to be. Sure, he said some very distasteful and incorrect things about Islam but I suspect he said these things out of ignorance. Confronted with the truth, would he change his mind? I was surprised when he told that Muslim member of the audience - the one who asked him "Where do you want me to go?" - that he wouldn't mind him staying here. Is that actually the BNP's policy or was he simply lying? Come to think of it, most of what I've heard about the BNP's policies have come from the media. Yet, don't most of us complain when people form their views about Islam based on what they hear in the media? I'm just very confused and would like to know exactly what their policies are.

aadil77
10-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Theres nothing to be confused about he was just acting all moderate on the show even then he got hammered. Whether or not the panelists gave him a chance to speak it would't have made a difference. He was a big mess and i'll prepared there was no way he could justify any of his views. The panelists were right in saying that he was acting moderate until he'd gain sufficient support then he'd bring out all his racist views and policies

mahfuja
10-24-2009, 06:45 PM
^ agree with the bro ... if you youtube some of his speeches ... he is clearly a racist and Islamaphobic ... no doubt about it! ... these video footages are obviously not made up! Griffin tried to be "moderate" on Question time so he doesn't expose thier policies completley. He just wants an all white christian Britain ... nothing more nothing less. He shared a platform with one of the core members of the KKK and then claims it is a "non-violent" branch!!!

cat eyes
10-24-2009, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
:sl:
Everything he said about Islam on the show was an utter lie. The Qur'an mentions nothing about punishment of rape victims; treating women like second class citizens OR of punishing adultery victims via stoning.

And I dare him to prove me otherwise.
but i think we have to see why they believe that to be the case and then set who ever straight. could it be that muslim countries are not enforcing the proper shariah laws and wrongly accusing women. we have to look and see why they believe that islam is nazi religion and inshallaah try to control our anger towards a non believer if possible

OurIslamic
10-24-2009, 07:17 PM
why do people do such things?

aamirsaab
10-24-2009, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
but i think we have to see why they believe that to be the case and then set who ever straight. could it be that muslim countries are not enforcing the proper shariah laws and wrongly accusing women. we have to look and see why they believe that islam is nazi religion and inshallaah try to control our anger towards a non believer if possible
That maybe so (and I and many of the members on this forum have already delt with that specific issue), BUT Griffin stated those practices could be found in the Qur'an, which is an outright lie.

Mujahideen92
10-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Lol what a joke

zakirs
10-29-2009, 04:28 AM
mr. Bean would go into politics.

mr bean for president !

sully
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM
:hmm:I think Griffen appearing in the BBC question time was pure genius! Dont get me wrong, I hate the guy with a passion but come on think about it! He went knowing full well he was going to get jeered at but I'm sure he must have also known that through this he will gain alot of sympathy and not to mention publicity! There were about 300 complaints (not sure the exact number) and out of them 200 were in support of this guy!

sully
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
sorry typos. It's Griffin not Griffen. *mimmicks Hat in Harry Potter* Griffindor! Hey, isn't that supposed to be the good house?! :-O

Uthman
10-31-2009, 10:52 AM
This is a little late, but it's a good piece so I wanted to share it.

Farooq Siddique: Nick Griffin was hit by verbal truck

Last week began with BBC's Panorama exposing the kind of racism that still infests some parts of Bristol and ended bizarrely with BBC's Question Time giving a platform to the kind of intolerance we saw on Panorama.

I understand the argument that we need to challenge extremist views head-on and I'm all for free speech, but the way it was handled on Question Time has in no way assured me that this is the best way to undermine an extremist ideology.

BNP leader Nick Griffin's performance on the programme was admittedly dire. He was like a deer caught in headlights. I've never hit a deer, but I can imagine how it must be. Nick Griffin was hit by a verbal equivalent of a truck. Even I felt pity for him.

Yes, it began very well. Griffin revealed himself to be devious, evasive while his party policies were shown to be divisive and hate-filled, even though that was never in doubt. But then, as the crowd cheered each swing of the proverbial baseball bat around his proverbial head, it all fell apart with the utterance of one simple word: immigration. And suddenly, the three main political party representatives turned their attention on each other. Griffin just sat there silently, with a grin as wide as the English Channel, licking his lips, watching the petty bickering that followed.

Then, perhaps the most stupid question ever asked by a Muslim audience member on television: "Why do you call Islam a wicked and vicious religion?" – It enabled him to reel off the content of a standard-issue BNP leaflet, unchallenged. Even Sayeeda Waarsi, considered by many to be the most powerful Muslim woman in Britain, ignored it, too busy scoring points for the Conservatives. Griffin went on to call homosexuals "creepy".

The most the BNP ever had was six per cent of the vote. After the show, 22 per cent of the British public believed Griffin "had a point" and would consider voting for him.

You may not agree with everything that is said, but on some things, everyone "has a point". That's what happens when you listen to any point of view, on any given subject. Labour, Conservatives, Liberals all "have a point" too.

They all have some of the answers; no one has all of the answers.

What we have to decide is what kind of country do we want to live in; a tolerant or intolerant society?

The Anglo-Saxons were Germans. Jesus was a Palestinian Jew. The patron saint of England was born in modern-day Turkey and lived and died in Palestine.

And yet, during another world recession, we are being tempted to blame "the other". Europe has been here before. We led the fight against that fascism then. We must not now stare into that abyss ourselves.

Source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.