/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cowardness

AlHoda
10-23-2009, 03:10 PM
:sl:
I admit i am a coward, i think because i am to shy to speak up. Just yester day i saw a girl at my uni, she was praying Asr with her makeup on?! I knew it was wrong , but i didnt tell her because if sdhe started an agrument i wouldnt know what to say? I feel like a coward, if encounter such a situation what should i do in your opinion.

May Allah have mercy with all of us.:embarrass
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
10-23-2009, 10:22 PM
i am kinda the same like you i probably would not have said anything either because people stand back and look at you and think your one of those extreme muslims:(

Alphadude
10-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Ws sis

tell her but some other time in a deferent way so it does not look your telling her or pointing your fingers at her but some poeple have there own way and aqeedah of doing things.

Ansariyah
10-23-2009, 10:54 PM
I dont wear make-up but I know lots of girls who do. InshaAllah when they reach that level of Imaan they might stop, but until then Allah knows. This doesn mean that u cant say salam to the girl, shes praying mashaAllah. Besides theres nothing wrong praying wit make-up on its not najis. But I understand that u think its bad cause shes wearing it outside of home.

Next time u see her say salam to her, be nice. Wen people saw rasululah (sa) people wanted to be like him, cause of his beautiful manners, his gentle nature, his calmness. When someone likes u genuinely for the person u are, they're going to be interested in wat u have to say n Vice versa. So as long u try to embody the correct akhlaq u got nothing to worry about.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2009, 10:57 PM
when someone comes to those sorts of situations i think its best to think carefully about what the gentle soul rasoolullah sallallahi alaihi wasallaam would do.

I think he would most likely let the person finish praying. Wait for a good chance and softly let them know whats right in a way which would penetrate their hearts.

Woodrow
10-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Sister perhaps that is not cowardliness,jt may very well be you simply did not know how to approach the sister,far better to remain silent if you felt you did not have the needed information to properly correct her.

Before condemning the girl for praying with make up on, she should have first been given credit for praying and then a logical explanation of why she was wearing make up should have been looked for. Only after that should she have been gently reminded that it is best not to wear it during prayer.

In correcting a brother or sister it is best to do so with kindness and out of love. Too many people who correct others seem to have set themselves in the position of being the haram police and seek to find what a brother or sister is doing wrong, rather then looking at what they do right.

It is good to correct those who do wrong, but we need to be cautious we do so to serve Allaah(swt) and not because we feel we are more pious.

Just my own opinion, astagfirullah Correct me if I am wrong

جوري
10-24-2009, 04:36 AM
indeed a delicate issue, and in the process of having good intent we might risk coming across as self-righteous and our own flaws under the microscope.. you can only give the best advise with pure intent, but you are not a keeper of any one else's deeds. Surely folks are most well aware of their own flaws and insha'Allah out to correct them..

The thing you should concentrate on, is that Masha'Allah the sister was observing her prayers and hopefully on time.. Do you have any idea how many Muslims out there don't observe this compulsory fard makeup on or not?

cat eyes
10-24-2009, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I dont wear make-up but I know lots of girls who do. InshaAllah when they reach that level of Imaan they might stop, but until then Allah knows. This doesn mean that u cant say salam to the girl, shes praying mashaAllah. Besides theres nothing wrong praying wit make-up on its not najis. But I understand that u think its bad cause shes wearing it outside of home.

Next time u see her say salam to her, be nice. Wen people saw rasululah (sa) people wanted to be like him, cause of his beautiful manners, his gentle nature, his calmness. When someone likes u genuinely for the person u are, they're going to be interested in wat u have to say n Vice versa. So as long u try to embody the correct akhlaq u got nothing to worry about.
sis you can pray with make up on? i stoped wearing make up 4 months ago:p although i buy the odd lip gloss sometimes lol

Muslim Woman
10-24-2009, 03:57 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
... she was praying Asr with her makeup on?!
I think it's better to offer salat with make up rather than not offering salat in time or not praying at all. It's good that she made ablution and did not miss salat.

I know some women who sadly are not conscious about this matter.

Soulja Girl
10-24-2009, 04:03 PM

Are you not allowed to read salah wiv make up on? :? I mean what if you made wudhu before and then put your make up on?

mahfuja
10-24-2009, 07:16 PM
we all elevate in our Deen on our own accord ... alhamdulillah that she is praying ... we don't know the jihaad she is possible fighting within ... maybe she's giving up her duniya desires slowly but surely ... ofcourse we shouldn't judge her nor approach her in the sense where she may feel attacked and especially not in front of her friends where she would feel showed up.

Like most ^ said ... insha'Allah get to know her and sure you can advise her about makeup not being permisible when you're around non mahrams ... but how about not just talking about makeup exclusively ... and rather talk about other things which are also not permissible out of the home ... things which you know she doesnt do such as wearing perfume/tight clothing etc ... so this way insha'Allah she won't feel attacked and you are advising your sister in Islam :)

Allahu alam

oh and I dont think you were being cowardly sis ... give yourself some credit ... its great that you actually thought about advising her :)

AlHoda
10-24-2009, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

:sl: You see i agree but you but, this girl dresses very unappropiatly( which is the case of most girls at my uni, guys all have cigarettes in their mouths and smell funny when they walk in the classroom) so my uni is pretty much full of fitna, but thank you any way, jazakallahughair:hmm:

AlHoda
10-24-2009, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Are you not allowed to read salah wiv make up on? :? I mean what if you made wudhu before and then put your make up on?

:sl: I was wondering the same thing:wa:^o)

AlHoda
10-24-2009, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
indeed a delicate issue, and in the process of having good intent we might risk coming across as self-righteous and our own flaws under the microscope.. you can only give the best advise with pure intent, but you are not a keeper of any one else's deeds. Surely folks are most well aware of their own flaws and insha'Allah out to correct them..

The thing you should concentrate on, is that Masha'Allah the sister was observing her prayers and hopefully on time.. Do you have any idea how many Muslims out there don't observe this compulsory fard makeup on or not?

Im not trying to judge this girl but i didnt know much about the subject myself, also i would like to make a point, she was praying asr, dhur, fajr at asr?! I didnt know u could do that.^o)
:wa::D

tresbien
10-24-2009, 09:28 PM
If a woman does wudoo’ then puts makeup on her face, that does not matter, and it does not affect her wudoo’ or her prayer, so long as it is not naajis, because purity of clothes and body are essential for the prayer to be valid.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

جوري
10-25-2009, 04:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
Im not trying to judge this girl but i didnt know much about the subject myself, also i would like to make a point, she was praying asr, dhur, fajr at asr?! I didnt know u could do that.^o)
:wa::D

I am afraid I don't understand your ending comment?.. also I wasn't suggesting that you were judging the sister, rather she may perceive any comment on your part as such even if you had the best intent.. and in doing so, you might actually put yourself at risk of being scrutinized whether merited or not on trivial matters.. if you are ok with that then I see nothing wrong with you going up to her and commenting on why she is wearing makeup while making asr prayer......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!