/* */

PDA

View Full Version : vaastu saastra (Architectural Guidelines)

AnonymousPoster
10-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Assalamou alaikum,

I live in India, here some muslims follows VAASTU SAASTRA(Architectural guidelines in building houses) which is sacred book of Hindus, is there any book, Hadith in Islam that give architectural guidelines to muslim brothers and sisters???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Tell them, do not follow tradition in other religion.

Woodrow
10-24-2009, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Assalamou alaikum,

I live in India, here some muslims follows VAASTU SAASTRA(Architectural guidelines in building houses) which is sacred book of Hindus, is there any book, Hadith in Islam that give architectural guidelines to muslim brothers and sisters???
Any space that does not interfer with prayer or have any distractions will suffice. There need be no specific criteria as to how a Majid is built, it only has to meet the criteria for were we should pray. A clean area, free from distraction and not located where we would be facing the view of a cemetery, idol, or pagan site of worship as we face the direction of the Qiblah

That is simply a basic generality and is not all inclusive. But, the concept being there are no architectural guidelines except to the extent the structure does not distact us while in prayer.

zakirs
10-25-2009, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Tell them, do not follow tradition in other religion.
Its not so easy as it seems.Well if a muslim builds a building as he wishes , the probability that his house will be rented gets dramatically reduced ( See most hindus dont rent a house that isnt vastu compliant lol ) . So if a muslims needs to build a commercial or to be rented house he has to use that because he needs the house to get rented and get money :|.

But in general muslims i know don't follow it for their own houses

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
10-25-2009, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Its not so easy as it seems.Well if a muslim builds a building as he wishes , the probability that his house will be rented gets dramatically reduced ( See most hindus dont rent a house that isnt vastu compliant lol ) . So if a muslims needs to build a commercial or to be rented house he has to use that because he needs the house to get rented and get money :|.

But in general muslims i know don't follow it for their own houses
Not so different than some Muslims in Indonesia.

But, if some Muslims in India follow vaastu saastra, some Muslims in Indonesia follow 'feng shui'. This is based on Confucianism and Taoism.

AnonymousPoster
10-26-2009, 06:08 AM
then how to educate our muslim brothers and sisters regarding this "vaastu saastra" or "feng shui" issue

ardianto
10-26-2009, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
then how to educate our muslim brothers and sisters regarding this "vaastu saastra" or "feng shui" issue
Are you the thread starter ?

If you want to give our Muslim brother and sister an Islamic architectural guidelines that similar with "vaastu saastra" or "feng shui", I doubt you can find Islamic architectural guidelines like this.

I am not familiar with "vaastu saastra". But "feng shui" is a guideline to make a harmony between building and nature. "Feng shui" concept is configure the building for invite or increase good energy, and prevent or decrease bad energy. I think "vaastu saastra" is not so different than "feng shui". And actually concept like this is based on polytheism.

How to educate our Muslim brother and sister ?. Remind them about shirk.
As I said, I am not familiar with "vaastu saastra". But I see, in Islamic perspective, "feng shui" is really shirk. In example, if you make a bedroom in this side and kitchen in that side, good luck would comes to you. If your main door facing to wrong side, bad luck would always comes to you. Or if your house is near something your family would always in illness, and if you want your family have a good health you must make a fish pond in this corner. And many more.

Brother Zakirs told me, Indian Muslim people use "vaastu saastra" as a guideline because they expect they can sell or rent their houses to Hindus people. I think in case like this we can make a little compromise, co-working with Hindu architect. Let them make a basic design that according to "vaastu saastra". We cannot participate in this stage because we must avoid shirk. But we can take over finishing stage, add this basic design with artistic touch.

However, if we make a building only for us, I mean not for sale or rent, it's better if we use 'neutral' architectural guidelines such as, how to build a healthy house, how to build a green house, etc.

PS : My advice probably controversial. I hope someone can make a comment for it.

zakirs
10-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Brother Zakirs told me, Indian Muslim people use "vaastu saastra" as a guideline because they expect they can sell or rent their houses to Hindus people. I think in case like this we can make a little compromise, co-working with Hindu architect. Let them make a basic design that according to "vaastu saastra". We cannot participate in this stage because we must avoid shirk. But we can take over finishing stage, add this basic design with artistic touch.

However, if we make a building only for us, I mean not for sale or rent, it's better if we use 'neutral' architectural guidelines such as, how to build a healthy house, how to build a green house, etc.

yes bro i agree with you .. Well it actually depends .. if you are a rich guy and if you can afford to make buildings on your own terms then i guess you should avoid vaastu and build it according to common-sense. But if you are poor and say you need rent on other half of house .. then make sure you just dont make any shirk.

(note: you refers to the person you are going to talking to :P )

ardianto
10-26-2009, 04:09 PM
yes bro i agree with you .. Well it actually depends .. if you are a rich guy and if you can afford to make buildings on your own terms then i guess you should avoid vaastu and build it according to common-sense. But if you are poor and say you need rent on other half of house .. then make sure you just dont make any shirk.

(note: you refers to the person you are going to talking to :P )
I was a property broker. In my experience, was not easy to sell or rent a house that very bad according to "feng shui", not only to Chinese even to Indonesian Muslims.

(Note : Every Muslim can make a comment to my post. I just want to know, if I am an architect and I make a co-working with non-Muslims, they make basic design according to shirk guideline, and I add this basic design with my artistic touch, is this means I also committing shirk ?)

ardianto
10-27-2009, 03:37 AM
I tried to find information around vaastu saastra (Building literature) in web, and I found vaastu saastra and feng shui are similar, with some little different of course.

Just wondering, why I never heard anything about vaastu saastra ?.
Okay, okay, I am not Indian. I am Indonesian, but I was born in Java (Jawa) tribe, and I raised up with Hindu's mythology. Mahabarata and Ramayana were my daily tales. Java tribe was a Hindu tribe before Islam came to Java Island. And if you learn about ancient Javanese culture, you will know why in the past Indonesia was called as 'East India'.

zakirs
10-27-2009, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I tried to find information around vaastu saastra (Building literature) in web, and I found vaastu saastra and feng shui are similar, with some little different of course.

Just wondering, why I never heard anything about vaastu saastra ?.
Okay, okay, I am not Indian. I am Indonesian, but I was born in Java (Jawa) tribe, and I raised up with Hindu's mythology. Mahabarata and Ramayana were my daily tales. Java tribe was a Hindu tribe before Islam came to Java Island. And if you learn about ancient Javanese culture, you will know why in the past Indonesia was called as 'East India'.
Yes brother i know .. indonesia has indian roots :) . Most probably vaastu shaastra didn't show much influence on Indonesians as much as in india because most people started to follow islam and minority hindus left had to forego vaastu ?

ardianto
10-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes brother i know .. indonesia has indian roots :) . Most probably vaastu shaastra didn't show much influence on Indonesians as much as in india because most people started to follow islam and minority hindus left had to forego vaastu ?
There are some ritual in Javanese community that close to Hinduism, but I never heard a guideline that similar with vaastu saastra.

I think ancient Javanese people didn't adopted vaastu saastra. But I wonder, why some Indonesian people - including Javanese, of course - adopt Chinese feng shui, an architectural guideline that came later ?.

zakirs
10-27-2009, 12:37 PM
arrived in Indonesia around 2000 BCE, and confined the native Melanesian peoples to the far eastern regions as they expanded.[12] Ideal agricultural conditions, and the mastering of wet-field rice cultivation as early as the eighth century BCE,[13] allowed villages, towns, and small kingdoms to flourish by the first century CE. Indonesia's strategic sea-lane position fostered inter-island and international trade. For example, trade links with both Indian kingdoms and China were established several centuries BCE.[14] Trade has since fundamentally shaped Indonesian history.[15]
The nutmeg plant is native to Indonesia's Banda Islands. Once one of the world's most valuable commodities, it drew the first European colonial powers to Indonesia.

From the seventh century CE, the powerful Srivijaya naval kingdom flourished as a result of trade and the influences of Hinduism and Buddhism that were imported with it.[1

From wikipedia; See Chinese had contacts too .. so probably they were influenced by chineese more on this issue.

meer5sd
10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
In India even many practicing Muslims also follow this vasthu shastra eventhoug they know it is shirk in Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.