/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does the quran say anything about... a woman...being..

AlexJ90
10-23-2009, 11:34 PM
-A woman convicted of rape.. being stoned to death for adultry

-Be harsh on the non believers...(hurt them)

-Supports the death of jews and non believers in this world.

If so woudnt that contradict the general meaning of islam which is peace?

Please use quran verses in your answers,

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakirs
10-24-2009, 08:10 AM
I love this verse of Quran... Does this show any of violence ?
Sura: Al-Kaafiroon

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
قُلْ يَا أَيُّهَا الْكَافِرُونَ [١٠٩:١]
Say: O disbelievers!﴾

لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ [١٠٩:٢]
I worship not that which ye worship;

وَلَا أَنْتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ [١٠٩:٣]
Nor worship ye that which I worship.

وَلَا أَنَا عَابِدٌ مَا عَبَدْتُمْ [١٠٩:٤]
And I shall not worship that which ye worship.

وَلَا أَنْتُمْ عَابِدُونَ مَا أَعْبُدُ [١٠٩:٥]
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ [١٠٩:٦]
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.
Some people Quote a few verses out of context like this one
Surah Al baqara 2:140
And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.
Now let me quote it in context

وَقَاتِلُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ الَّذِينَ يُقَاتِلُونَكُمْ وَلَا تَعْتَدُوا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ [٢:١٩٠]
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

وَاقْتُلُوهُمْ حَيْثُ ثَقِفْتُمُوهُمْ وَأَخْرِجُوهُمْ مِنْ حَيْثُ أَخْرَجُوكُمْ ۚ وَالْفِتْنَةُ أَشَدُّ مِنَ الْقَتْلِ ۚ وَلَا تُقَاتِلُوهُمْ عِنْدَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ حَتَّىٰ يُقَاتِلُوكُمْ فِيهِ ۖ فَإِنْ قَاتَلُوكُمْ فَاقْتُلُوهُمْ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ جَزَاءُ الْكَافِرِينَ [٢:١٩١]
And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

فَإِنِ انْتَهَوْا فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ [٢:١٩٢]
But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

وَقَاتِلُوهُمْ حَتَّىٰ لَا تَكُونَ فِتْنَةٌ وَيَكُونَ الدِّينُ لِلَّهِ ۖ فَإِنِ انْتَهَوْا فَلَا عُدْوَانَ إِلَّا عَلَى الظَّالِمِينَ [٢:١٩٣]
And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

Now you decide yourselves bro :)

zakirs
10-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Islam is a homograph, having multiple meanings, and a triliteral of the word salaam, which directly translates as peace. Other meanings include submission, or the total surrender of oneself to God .[1] An adherent of Islam is a Muslim, meaning "one who submits (to God)".

While Islam is a religion of peace.. Let me put you in a situation Some people come to your house beat up your whole family , throw you out of your own house.What would you do ? Fighting against persecution is allowed in islam , i.e If you are persecuted for being a muslim then you can but as the verse said.. Allah doesn't love people who create hostilities.. so you should be careful.

Ignorant use of this verse to kill innocent disbelievers is a blatant mistake and crime.Remember Prophet was given second home by Jews of Yathrib (Madina) among whom many people respected him.Did our beloved prophet (pbuh) harm them ? No.

tango92
10-24-2009, 08:23 AM
i believe your worried about points raised by nick griffin of bnp, on question time - believe me everything he said is taken out of context.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mahi
10-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Sad thing is, if muslims cannot differentiate if they are truth or lies, what does that say for the non muslims?

S_87
10-24-2009, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlexIslam
-A woman convicted of rape.. being stoned to death for adultry
SubhanAllah i dont know where people get this? no a woman is not punished for being RAPED, there is a difference between rape and zina.

hurt them? in times of war fighting back yes, but as for harming the non believing man next to your home/the bus driver/the doctor (you get my point) then no. Since youre asking about Quran, i asuume whoever gave you this idea would have got it from this verse:

And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves
48:29

-Supports the death of jews and non believers in this world.
the killing. depends. if the non believers in question are fighting the muslims at war and the muslims are happy at victory coming their way

the meaning of islam is submission. muslims are peaceful indeed, but when a human or even an animal is attacked do they not go into defensive position? many verses can be found in the Quran which needs to be read and understood.

if you could read the Quran yourself and bring up the ayahs you dont understand we could help you but to lay baseless claims..

- Qatada -
10-24-2009, 02:06 PM
asalaam alaikum

Question: What is the punishment for rape in Islam? What happens to the rape victim?

Answered by Sheikh Sulaymân al-`Îsâ, professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh

If it is confirmed that a man engaged in sexual intercourse with a woman by threatening to kill her or by using some kind of drug or anesthetic, then his crime will be more serious than that of consentual sex.

The punishment thereto is death by execution. He will not be entitled to any pardon or reprieve whatsoever, regardless of whether he was single or married.

The one who forces sex upon someone else under threat of death is an evil and vile member of the society and should be purged. He is involved in an act of open violence and transgression against others and the spread of mischief throughout the land. His is the fate of bandits and highway robbers:

Allah says: “The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution or crucifixion or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.” [Sûrah al-Mâ’idah: 33]

A woman will not be punished if there is any reason to believe that she was forced into the act. The least evidence in this regard will be sufficient to save the woman from punishment. Our Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah has pardoned my people for the acts they do by mistake, due to forgetfulness, and what they are coerced into doing” [Related by Ibn Mâjah and authenticated by al-Nawawî, Ibn Hajr, and al-Albânî].

Also, it was related by Ibn Abî Shaybah through Târiq b. Shahâb that a woman accused of adultery was taken to Caliph `Umar. The woman pleaded that she was asleep and woke up to find the man over her. `Umar released the woman. [The narration was approved by al-Albâni]. Ibn Qudâmah stated in his book al-Mughnî: “There is no punishment on the woman who was coerced into adultery.”

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...&main_cat_id=6

Rasema
10-24-2009, 02:11 PM
:sl:

Are raped women punished in Islam?

Name Nina -
Topic Ethics & Values
Title Are raped women punished in Islam?
Question Dear respected scholars,

My question is simply about raped women...

I know that Islam doesn't punish a rapped woman because simply it's out of her hands. But some people say that THEY SHOULD be punished!!

Jazakuallah khayran
Date 2002/6/23

Name of Consultant Kamal Badr
Content of Reply

Dear sister, thanks for your question.

As the question mostly revolves around raped women, I would confine my answer to that point, without delving into the issue of punishing the rapist, on which there is no controversy that if it is proven, beyond reasonable doubt, that he is guilty of the crime, he will serve the punishment.

But I would like to make it clear that this crime can be proved either by confession or testimony or even through any modern means, thanks for the great revolution that has taken place in the field of science. This has made it easier for criminal experts to lay their hands on clear evidence that paves way for justice to run its course.

So what I am trying to say is that, contrary to what some Westerners claim, the issue is not just "bring four witnesses or set the accused free". Shari`ah is not a legal system that keeps itself away from realities of life. Rather, it is practical in the sense that its mechanism of justice operates in a quite flexible way that makes all its precepts and rulings applicable at all time. Anyway, as I have said, I will not go into details on that now.

Moving to your question. Yes, sister, raped women are not punished in Islam. What punishment? This is like saying that a person robbed of his property should be punished.

It is a fact that, to be absolved from guilt, the raped woman must have shown some sort of good conduct, in the sense that what befell her must be something beyond her control. This is where Islam excels.

In dealing with a certain issue or addressing a certain problem, it brings forth a comprehensive panacea that uproots the problem and eliminates its causes. Rather than stipulating a temporary measure that will act as sedatives, Islam gets down to the root of the problem itself with the aim of uprooting entirely.

It sets noble codes of conduct that should prevail in the society; it addresses women to maintain their modesty, as not to open the door for evils:

*{… be not too complacent of speech, lest one in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire: but speak ye a speech (that is) just.}* (Al-Ahzab 33: 32)

The above verse, despite addressing the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) actually, in an implicit way, calls upon Muslim women in general to preserve their dignity and modesty, just to save themselves from any harassment.

This injunction sounds more explicit in the following verse:

*{O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.}* (Al-Ahzab 33: 59)

This is Islam. As we have reiterated before, it does not hunt for crimes just to punish; rather, it works towards the means of blocking the avenues of crimes. Even when it punishes, it does not punish blindly; rather, it strikes the guilty hand.

So, for a rape victim to be absolved from guilt, she must not be the one that opens her house for robbery and her dignity for deflowering. If, after trying her best to resist the attack, she gets overcome by the assailants, she is totally absolved from punishment.

Muslim scholars are unanimous on this. They maintain that any woman, who, despite doing her utmost to resist these thugs and their ilk, is raped, is not guilty of any sin. This is since the situation is beyond her control, and anyone who is forced to do something is not guilty of sin. This is even in the case of disbelief, which is worse than zina (sex out of marriage), as Allah says what means:

*{… except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with faith}* (An-Nahl 16: 106)

The Prophet said: "Allah has forgiven for my Ummah for their mistakes, what they forget and what they are forced to do."

In showing reaction to this heinous crime, Islam takes into consideration the terrible effects it has on its victims. Most rape victims have their self-esteem diminished after an assault or abuse, driving them to be hunted by frequent shame, humiliation and loss of control.

This situation may even exacerbate to the point of making rape victims find it difficult to be intimate with others. That is why Islam lays down certain strategies, which all in all, aim at soothing the rape victim, opening for her new channels of hope and survival.

That is why Islam makes it clear that any Muslim woman who falls prey to a rapist will be rewarded for bearing this calamity with patience, if she seeks Allah's reward for the harm that has befallen her.

The Prophet says:

"No stress or exhaustion befalls the Muslim, nor worry or distress, even a thorn which pricks him, but Allah will forgive his sins because of that." (Al-Bukhari)

The society also has a role to play in rehabilitating the rape victim. Instead of deserting her or considering her a person non grata in the society, for the crime she has no hand in, Islam calls upon the society to rush to assist her in modifying and improving her life. We should show her the way out the pain of abuse.

Thus, many Muslim scholars, led by Sheikh Al-Qaradawi, have maintained that young Muslim men should hasten to marry women who fall as rape victims, so as to reduce their suffering and console them, to compensate them for the loss of the most precious thing that they possess. This reflects mutual love, rapport and altruism that prevail in the Muslim society.

This is, in brief, how Islam caters for raped women. Please keep in touch.

As for the site you referred to, I've checked it and I see that you don't have to bother yourself with such things. What every Muslim should busy himself or herself with, is how to get acquainted with the teachings of Islam, and how to acquire that from a proper source.

May Allah help us!

Rasema
10-24-2009, 02:17 PM
:sl:
Please look into the Tafsir before judgeing the verses."In this book were of there is no doubt". Do not doubt in the verses please.
You are free to ask questions about it but do not jump to conclusions. The Qur'an is a bookthat rhymes with itself and the verses oround it. It says that Muslims can't attack first before it says that we should kill those who attack us.
There is no Doubt in the Qur'an

The Book, is the Qur'an, and Rayb means doubt. As-Suddi said that Abu Malik and Abu Salih narrated from Ibn `Abbas, and Murrah Al-Hamadani narrated from Ibn Mas`ud and several other Companions of the Messenger of Allah that,

[لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ]

(In which there is no Rayb), means about which there is no doubt. Abu Ad-Darda', Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Abu Malik, Nafi` `Ata', Abu Al-`Aliyah, Ar-Rabi` bin Anas, Muqatil bin Hayyan, As-Suddi, Qatadah and Isma`il bin Abi Khalid said similarly. In addition, Ibn Abi Hatim said, "I do not know of any disagreement over this explanation.'' The meaning of this is that the Book, the Qur'an, is without a doubt revealed from Allah. Similarly, Allah said in Surat As- Sajdah,

[الم - ذَلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ ]

(Alif Lam Mim). The revelation of the Book (this Qur'an) in which there is no doubt, is from the Lord of all that exists) (32:1-2).

Some scholars stated that this Ayah - 2:2 - contains a prohibition meaning, "Do not doubt the Qur'an.'' Furthermore, some of the reciters of the Qur'an pause upon reading,

[لاَ رَيْبَ]

(there is no doubt) and they then continue;

[فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ]

(in which there is guidance for the Muttaqin (the pious and righteous persons)). However, it is better to pause at,

[لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ]

(in which there is no doubt) because in this case,

[هُدًى]

(guidance) becomes an attribute of the Qur'an and carries a better meaning than,

[فِيهِ هُدًى]

(in which there is guidance).

Next

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=2&tid=714

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...o&LanguageID=2

I would also like to share hadeeths(sayings of the Prophet,saws,) with you. They proof to be a great reminder. Here they go along with a commentary. I assure you that hadeeths will amaze you ald help you in times of hardships.

http://www.guidedways.com/riadusaleh...r_display.php#

If you read everything I gave you(links) you will be a scholar,InshAllah(God willing). :)

cat eyes
10-24-2009, 02:44 PM
zakir naiks argument is if a woman is not wearing the burqa or niqaab then its no wonder she gets raped i think thats why they punish the woman and accuse her of zina but thats wrong i mean is that right? do women not get raped in saudi or iran or in any muslim country if there fully covered? because it has been reported that rape dose happen but everything is hidden or is that just the media.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.