/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question for muslims only

Blackpool
10-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I have a question for everyone one of you (muslims.)

If you had any suspicion or if you knew anyone that was plotting a terrorist attack would you report him/her/them to the authority?

(I am just seeing if the responses reflect on the poll that was publicised this week)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Argamemnon
10-24-2009, 12:05 AM
I would. Would you, if atheists were planning to attack Muslims? A couple of months ago, I believe British police arrested some 30 British terrorists who were planning to bomb several mosques across the UK.

Blackpool
10-24-2009, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
I would. Would you, if atheists were planning to attack Muslims? A couple of months ago, I believe British police arrested some 30 British terrorists who were planning to bomb several mosques across the UK.
I would. A terrorist attack is a terrorist attack. I haven't heard anything about the "30 British terrorists who planned to bomb several mosques" however.

I know exactly what goes off in the average anti-muslim person's head and what exactly fuels/ignites their hatred but I would not support any of their views or actions.

Woodrow
10-24-2009, 12:19 AM
I would not report anybody on simple suspicion. If I knew my suspicion was justifiable I would report anybody who I believed was going to commit a crime.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
10-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm not entirely sure what I would do. Truthfully speaking I would be confused. I never tend to suspect any of the Muslim brothers that I meet.

I would be reluctant to report anyone to the authority because they could be innocent. Then again what if they did intend to plan a terrorist attack and happened to kill many innocent people. This is only if I suspected them of plotting terrorism.

If I knew without a doubt that they are going to carry out a terrorist attack, then I would report to the authorities.

The_Prince
10-24-2009, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
I have a question for everyone one of you (muslims.)

If you had any suspicion or if you knew anyone that was plotting a terrorist attack would you report him/her/them to the authority?

(I am just seeing if the responses reflect on the poll that was publicised this week)
i wouldnt, your an infidel, so you dont count, and this is the dar al harb al kufr, so no, you deserve it essentially

lol *sacarism off now*

yes i would inform the police. :D

Rasema
10-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I guess someone feels threatened. You watch or read too many terrorist fairy tales.

Blackpool
10-24-2009, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
I guess someone feels threatened. You watch or read too many terrorist fairy tales.
Don't be silly lady. I live in a town that is 100% non-muslim. As I stated, I read a poll stating that only 69% of muslims would report would-be terrorists to the police. I find/found that shocking and was looking to see if this forum reflected that poll.

Sampharo
10-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Yes I would report, but not on mild suspicion. Many good muslims have been interrogated harshly when they had nothing to do with terrorism, and some who were indignant, were sent to third World countries to be outright tortured.

If someone speaks with clarity or mentions details or I see evidence of that, yes of course they'll be reported.

Muslim Woman
10-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Salaam/ Peace

..If you had any suspicion or if you knew anyone that was plotting a terrorist attack would you report him/her/them to the authority?

Not sure . How can I be sure of other people's plan ? If I suspect anyone , may be I will try to talk about him/ her with my family members first . If all agree that we have enough proof , then may be , may be , I will report.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Don't be silly lady. I live in a town that is 100% non-muslim. As I stated, I read a poll stating that only 69% of muslims would report would-be terrorists to the police. I find/found that shocking and was looking to see if this forum reflected that poll.
no, you dont be silly. every time a Muslim says or does something that merely seems wrong, we get jumped on like a lone sheep. she isnt far off from the truth. way cant a Muslim girl wear her veil without looking suspicious or even worse a brother grow his beard without the same thing happening. Muslims have been living in non-muslim countries for aaages, without all this suspicious bs surrounding them and without non-Muslims frowning upon them unjustfully.
why must we conform to your ways of life for us to be considered "normal."

جوري
10-24-2009, 05:53 PM
^^ which explains exactly why he wasn't aware of the British terrorists plan of attack on Muslims.. if you are Muslim and purchase hydrogen peroxide and acetone you are obviously planning on making a 'chemical weapon' perish the thought you are after removing some cerumen from your kids' ears...

This thread is entertaining and virtually relaxing as expected!

cat eyes
10-24-2009, 06:13 PM
i would let the police know as soon as i had prove of course for example if i went to the persons home and saw hand made explosives well it probably wont be likely a terrorist will have them lying around lol but i am just giving example that you need prove if i notice the person is a nazi lover and have pictures of hitler i would worry an awful lot whether this person is sane or not but i mean you cannot just report a person on suspicion

Danah
10-24-2009, 06:14 PM
yes "If and only If" I was sure that ANYONE (not-only muslims) is planning for such thing......killing innocents is not a teaching of Islam!

GuestFellow
10-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Salaam sister.

Whether or not he feels threatened does not matter. Would you report to the authorities if someone was making explosives or planning to carry out terrorist attack? Either based on suspicion or you actually knew they were going to carry out the attack.

Rasema
10-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Well, now you know that if we knew a terrosrist, we would report him. You can feel safer now;D

zakirs
10-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Lol I would report it :)

Asiyah3
10-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Well, now you know that if we knew a terrosrist, we would report him. You can feel safer now;D
;D :D

Anyway Hmm let me think...Of course I would report a terrorist! That's a very stupid question

And Blackpool could you give me the source of that inquiry, please?

Asiyah3
10-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I would. A terrorist attack is a terrorist attack. I haven't heard anything about the "30 British terrorists who planned to bomb several mosques" however.

I know exactly what goes off in the average anti-muslim person's head and what exactly fuels/ignites their hatred but I would not support any of their views or actions.
Then tell us what is it that goes in the head of a anti-muslim person's head (just out of curiosity asking)?

And the 30 Brittish terrorist's bombplanning did happen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.