/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anything in hadeeths/Qur'an on how to attain patience.

Rasema
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
:salamext:
I have read great hadeeths on being patience but is there anything on how to gain the capability to be patient?
There must be a way to attain patience but which way is that?!!!!

The Prophet's:saws: way. Cannot go furthur.

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-manar
10-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Peace

The first tool to attain patience is to remember the never changed Allah's law with humans

Holy Quran 90:4 Verily We have created humans into toil and struggle.

we , whatever supposed means of comfort and happiness ,exposed to struggle ,hardships if not physical then internal !!

that is the law of Allah and would never be changed...

but again hardships is not all day,night long...

Holy Quran 94:5 So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:

realising the previous facts and the nature of life God destined us for ,would be the first step to attain patience..

Then remember,

Holy Quran [4:19]
it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good.

Then remember those who have worse problems in life than you and thank Allah ....

Then try,

To forget the trouble as much as you can by shifting your thoughts to something else,by avoiding being alone as much as you can..

then avoid much complaint to people of what troubled you and instead take the means to get over it ..

and remember always

Holy Quran 2:186 When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

May Allah grant me and all Muslims the patience...Ameen

Rasema
10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
:sl:
Holy Quran 2:186 When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

Beautiful, thanks. How dare I forget to remember Allah! But one cannot be strong enough to remember Allah for this kind of patience:31. Anas said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, passed by a woman who was weeping at a grave and said, 'Fear Allah and show fortitude.' She said, not recognising him, 'Leave me alone. You have not been struck by such an affliction as mine!' She was told, 'It is the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.' She went to the door of the Prophet and, finding no one guarding the door, she said, 'I did not recognise you.' He said, 'The time for fortitude is at the first shock.'" [Agreed upon]

'Abd-al Latif
10-25-2009, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
:salamext:
I have read great hadeeths on being patience but is there anything on how to gain the capability to be patient?
There must be a way to attain patience but which way is that?!!!!

The Prophet's:saws: way. Cannot go furthur.

Thank you
:wasalamex

If one does not naturally possess the quality of patience then he can attain this characteristic by acting as if he does possess it, until it becomes second nature. This is what the Prophet :saws: told us in the hadeeth "Whoever tries to be patient, then Allah will help him be patient".

A person can also strive to control his desires and lower his gaze until these too become second nature. The same applies to all other characteristics such as steadiness, generosity and courage.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rasema
10-25-2009, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:wasalamex

If one does not naturally possess the quality of patience then he can attain this characteristic by acting as if he does possess it, until it becomes second nature. This is what the Prophet :saws: told us in the hadeeth "Whoever tries to be patient, then Allah will help him be patient".

A person can also strive to control his desires and lower his gaze until these too become second nature. The same applies to all other characteristics such as steadiness, generosity and courage.
Okay, thanks brother:)

Rasema
10-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Should one express sadness?
I don't think that you should cry in front of others for example. How about expressing sadness when you're by yourself. What a stupid question!

Woodrow
10-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I want Patience.

RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

I suppose all of us at one time or another has asked for patience in that manner. How long it takes us to realize patience is something we all have. It is not patience we seek, we need to learn how to use the gift of patience we have already been given, That like all things takes usage and exercise of it.

Our own worship is an excellent practice of using patience. None of us can change the set times for salat, we can not make it sooner and we can not make it later. If we learn to say the 5 prayers faithfully, we are not only worshiping Allaah(swt) we are exercising the gift of patience we have already been given.

I can not find any hadeeth that instruct us on how to achieve patience. But, I do not see it as being needed. If we live our De'en as we should, it seems, learning to use our patience will be one of the results.

Rasema
10-25-2009, 10:59 PM
That made me laugh brother Woodrow :giggling::

How about he patience to shut my mouth. :D
yeah, yeah,,, to practice it.

'Abd-al Latif
10-25-2009, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Should one express sadness?
I don't think that you should cry in front of others for example. How about expressing sadness when you're by yourself. What a stupid question!
One should do so only to Allah but he should not wail and slap/tear/scratch his face with his hands as these are pre-islamic practices which have no place in Islam.

Prophet Ya'qoob (a.s) said after the brothers of Yusuf (a.s) plotted against him: "He said: I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allah, and I know from Allah what you do not know." [12:86]

Rasema
10-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Islam has all the answers.All I have to do is ask. Alhamdulillah

Praise be to Allah, who inbreaths us with knowledge, patience, life etc............

Say: O Allah! Owner of Sovereignty! Thou givest sovereignty unto whom Thou wilt, and Thou withdrawest sovereignty from whom Thou wilt. Thou exaltest whom Thou wilt, and Thou abasest whom Thou wilt. In Thy hand is the good. Lo! Thou art Able to do all things. (26) Thou causest the night to pass into the day, and Thou causest the day to pass into the night. And Thou bringest forth the living from the dead, and Thou bringest forth the dead from the living. And Thou givest sustenance to whom Thou choosest, without stint. (27) Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying. (28) Say, (O Muhammad): Whether ye hide that which is in your breasts or reveal it, Allah knoweth it. He knoweth that which is in the heavens and that which is in the earth, and Allah is Able to do all things

:wa:

Rasema
10-26-2009, 01:52 AM
I was just reading the Qur'an and I came to a conclusion that this is what we should do to practice patience.
(198) Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad), and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant. (199) And if a slander from the devil wound thee, then seek refuge in Allah. Lo! He is Hearer, Knower. (200) Lo! those who ward off (evil), when a glamour from the devil troubleth them, they do but remember (Allah's guidance) and behold them seers! (201) Their brethren plunge them further into error and cease not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.