/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Things that Nullify the Wudu’

islamlover_girl
10-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Things that Nullify the Wudu’

5.13 There are twelve things that nullify wudu’:

(1) Anything which exits from the front and back passage of the private parts, besides wind from the front passage:

(2) after giving birth even though no blood is visible;

(3) the flowing of impurity from anywhere else other than the front and back passage of the private parts, such as blood and puss.

(4) Vomiting a mouthful of food, water, blood clots or bile. The correct view on determining ‘a mouthful ’ is that one is unable to close one’s mouth except through difficulty.

Vomiting several times is regarded as vomiting once, if gathered, the summation would reach a mouthful provided that the cause for each vomit is the same.

(5) An equal amount or predominance of blood upon one’s spit. [Z: If the spit is yellowish this would indicate to the predominance of the spit; whilst a reddish colour would indicate to the predominance of blood. This ruling applies when the emission of blood is from the gums. However, if it is from the head or chest, then however small the amount of blood, it shall annul the wudu’ , ai: p.49];

(6) to sleep in such a way that one’s buttocks are not firmly established upon the earth;

(7) or to sleep in such a way that one’s buttocks rise off the floor before one awakes, even though one may not fall as a result of them rising.

[Z: The `illa (reason) why wudu’ breaks when one sleeps is not ‘sleep’ itself, but the possibility that as a result of sleeping one’s limbs may have become so relaxed that they may have allowed wind to escape. This is why if one sleeps in a posture in which the limbs remain stiff, such as sleeping in sajda (prostration) or ruku` (bowing) then one’s wudu’ will remain intact].

(8,9,10) Due to losing consciousness, or one’s sanity and upon becoming drunk;

(11) loud laughter by a conscious adult in any ritual prayer consisting of ruku` (bowing) and sujud (prostrating). [Z: Loud laughter (qahqaha) is when one standing in close proximity can hear the laughter. Laughter (dihk) which only the one laughing is able to hear will annul one’s salah but not the wudu’ and smiling (tabassum) would have no bearing on either, Mf: p125].

(12) Rubbing a vagina with an erect penis without any form of a barrier. [Z: If the barrier is thin such as a condom or a thin piece of clothing through which one can feel the sensation then this will annul the wudu’, ai: p.49].

source
http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/Tagara6.html#6-12

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahideen92
10-26-2009, 11:31 PM
I have a question...

Does using the computer nullify wudu?

As in I do wudu, use the computer for 5 minutes, and then do namas. Was my wudu nullified?

~Raindrop~
10-26-2009, 11:37 PM
^^ it shouldnt do, as its not najis. :hmm:

islamlover_girl
10-27-2009, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92
I have a question...

No it don`t.
only things mentioned in this thread nullify wudu,using computer isn`t one of them :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
10-27-2009, 08:46 PM
dose this nullify your wudu if you are becoming sexually aroused maybe because of thoughts and the male/female becomes wet. dose it nullify it?

zakirs
10-27-2009, 09:15 PM
yes because it should violate this rule ii guess.

(1) Anything which exits from the front and back passage of the private parts, besides wind from the front passage:
:sl:

cat eyes
10-27-2009, 11:34 PM
oh i was just wondering because i just heard my scholar ever say just urine and stool or blood but not that other thing that nullify wudu coz thats all i heard him say in a lecture so if somebody could clarify

zakirs
10-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Any discharges that come out of urethra invalidate the wudhoo.Siniiliarly for men discharges invalidate..Look up on Islam-qa
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/69792

Al Mu'minaat
10-30-2009, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92
I have a question...

As in I do wudu, use the computer for 5 minutes, and then do namas. Was my wudu nullified?
No It Doesn't Brother :statisfie

tango92
10-31-2009, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamlover_girl
Things that Nullify the Wudu’

(6) to sleep in such a way that one’s buttocks are not firmly established upon the earth;

(7) or to sleep in such a way that one’s buttocks rise off the floor before one awakes, even though one may not fall as a result of them rising.

[Z: The `illa (reason) why wudu’ breaks when one sleeps is not ‘sleep’ itself, but the possibility that as a result of sleeping one’s limbs may have become so relaxed that they may have allowed wind to escape. This is why if one sleeps in a posture in which the limbs remain stiff, such as sleeping in sajda (prostration) or ruku` (bowing) then one’s wudu’ will remain intact].

source
http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/Tagara6.html#6-12
im sorry this makes no sense to me whatsoever :hmm:

what i have learnt is that sleeping with the back being rested breaks wudu.
how exactly does one sleep during sajda or ruku? how does this prevent wind from escaping? those are just a few issues...

if someone has hadith related to the above points please share otherwise i would regard the post as nonsensical and utterly ludicrous

Elizabeth
11-05-2009, 12:24 PM
This will probably sound silly to ask, but do you do the wudu before every prayer or just once? JazakAllah khair.

Khaldun
11-05-2009, 12:36 PM

No question is ever too silly, what is silly is you not knowing something but feeling to shy to ask, remember that!

You make wudhu before every salah yes, but lets say you make wudhu for fajr prayers and then do not break your wudhu up until isha then it is valid for you to pray isha prayers with the same wudhu as long as you didnt break it, but if you want to re make your wudhu for every salah even though you havent broken it then it is not a problem either and its more virtues.

After isha you go to sleep and thus your wudhu will break.

I hope you understand. [Because I re-read it and didnt understand myself!]

As for brother tango92 question, we have to remember that just because you might not understand a particular issue does not always mean it is 'nonsensical and utterly ludicrous' and the truth of the matter is that there is difference of opinion regarding this, meaning is sleep itself what nullifies your wudhu or is it the fact that your unconciscious and do not know what you do? This is why sleeping in certain positions does not break wudhu [again this is difference of opinion]. But as for sleeping in Ruku' and Sujuud, this is new to me.

Elizabeth
11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah this makes sense, JazakAllah Khair bro!

amar_labedi
11-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Assalamalaikumw a rahatmullahi wa barkatuhu

Thanks for saharing

The prophet (saw) said ‘whenever you see an evil act stop it with your hands, and if you are not able to do that then speak out with your tongue and if you are not able to do that hate it in your heart and that is the lowest form of iman.’ (Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.