/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Computer fitness gets approval

GuestFellow
10-26-2009, 01:05 PM
The Nintendo Wii Fit Plus is the first computer game to win approval from the Department of Health.

Wow I'm finding this difficult to believe. :skeleton:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
10-26-2009, 01:34 PM
^^i'm not. Just come round to our house when its full of kids and you'll see exactly how 'active' they get.
Then again, its not from wii, its more from "you try a move on me and I'll try try a move on you" straight after theyv played a wrestling game. :skeleton:

Iv given up on trying to break them apart now ;D just let them get on with it and theyll get sick of it :nervous: hopefully

~*Fatima*~
10-29-2009, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Wow I'm finding this difficult to believe. :skeleton:
^ LOL!!! Couldnt Agree Less~!

GuestFellow
10-29-2009, 11:03 PM
^ I hope people do not turn to Nintendo Wii thinking it will make them healthier...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
11-01-2009, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
^ I hope people do not turn to Nintendo Wii thinking it will make them healthier...
Guestfellow, have you actually ever tried one? What distinguishes the Wii from other game consoles is it's method of control, which is a very physically active one... you can't play on a Wii sitting in your armchair, you are up waving your arms and often even jumping about as well. I won't say using a Wii is as good exercise as real sport (except maybe something like Wii Fit), but it's an awful lot better than, say, an X-Box or just sitting watching TV. Playing something like tennis or boxing on a Wii for an hour or two tires me out physically , and I'm reasonably fit. And the really good thing about it is that it's great for all ages; from 7 to 70.

Note as well that Wii Fit is a specific exercise product, with it's own additional hardware, and not a 'game' as such.

GuestFellow
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM
^ I have a Nintendo Wii. I play it while sitting down...though it depends on what game your playing. ;D

Ps3> Xbox 360> PSP>DSi

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Who would have thought that a computer game could work like this :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.