/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I study Math better?

OurIslamic
10-26-2009, 08:27 PM
I've been studying math with an Uncle who is one of our family friends. He's a professor at a University in Boston. I really like studying with him, and I feel I learn a lot. The first test I took after studying with him, I got an 87.5%. This test I got back today, I got a 66%.

What can I do to study better? Any tips? I'm a junior in highschool (11th grade) taking precalculus/ trigonomety.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
10-26-2009, 08:33 PM
:salamext:

Study arabic, it's mathematical.

OurIslamic
10-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I've always heard people refer to arabic as if it's related to math, but I don't understand :(.

Wyatt
10-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Me neither, lol. Languages don't get too trigonometrical.

And I just got out of my Math class. I study it by copying my notes down-only what I understand of the notes taken in class- in another book from which I can study later or use as reference.

Good luck. :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
I've always heard people refer to arabic as if it's related to math, but I don't understand :(.
Learn it and you'll see. It's a little too much for me to explain but the arabic language is really amazing.

GuestFellow
10-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I never did pure maths, mostly statistical maths. Maths is a language. You need to be able to understand it and to be able to apply it in various circumstances.

The only way I got better at Maths was by studying everyday. I got a Maths book. I learned the formula, answered the question and moved to the next topic. I kept on doing this. I used to get stuck but there is a lot of help available. I used the internet, books from the library or asked the teachers for help.

Make sure you learn all the basics of Maths. I noticed some students could solve all the difficult question related to Maths but couldn't do the easier questions...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.