/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what could we do?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-27-2009, 05:35 AM
:sl:
what can we, as ordinary Muslims who live comfortably, do to help the situation of the Muslims who live in war stricken territories. i mean families are broken, homes are destroyed, women and young girls are raped, men are tortured. and to top it all off, the perpetrators usually just get way with a slap on the wrist. unbelievable. i mean other than dua (although that would help) and aid that may or may not actually reach them (think gaza) realistically, is there anything we actually could do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakirs
10-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Something on the likes of redcross but more geared towards middleeast/africa funded by zakaats through out the world ?

ardianto
10-27-2009, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Something on the likes of redcross but more geared towards middleeast/africa funded by zakaats through out the world ?

MEDICAL EMERGENCY RESCUE COMMITTEE

Established on August 14th, 1999 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
MER-C is a Muslim organization that built for giving a medical service for war, conflict and disaster victims, especially in Islamic countries. MER-C is a non government and non profit organization. Operate by unpaid volunteers.

MER-C foreign missions

1. Afghanistan I __war__ Oct 29 - Dec 7, 2001.

2. Afghanistan II __War__ May 14 - Jun 12, 2002

3. Iraq I __War__ Apr 1 - Apr 22, 2003

4. Iran (co-operate with Indonesian Ministry of Health) __Earth Quake__ Jan 1 - Feb 27, 2004

5. Southern Thailand __Regional conflict__ Nov 16 - Nov 19, 2004

6. Kashmir Pakistan __Earth Quake__ Oct 13 - Oct 28, 2005

7. Nabatiyeh (Sothern Lebanon) __War__ Sept 2 - Sept 13, 2006

8. Palestine I __Military aggression__ Jan 1 - Feb 3, 2009

9. Palestine II __Military aggression__ Jan 24 - May 8, 2009

10. Advance Sudan __Refugees__ May 22 - Jun 2, 2009

MER-C free medical service.

MER-C paramedic in a disaster are.

MER-C volunteers in Gaza.

MER-C in Mission for Gaza.

MER-C volunteer in Advance Sudan Mission.

Calling Indonesian people donate money for Palestinians.

www.mer-c.org

Mujahideen92
10-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Pray and give Zakat. And educate yourself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:sl:
what can we, as ordinary Muslims who live comfortably, do to help the situation of the Muslims who live in war stricken territories. i mean families are broken, homes are destroyed, women and young girls are raped, men are tortured. and to top it all off, the perpetrators usually just get way with a slap on the wrist. unbelievable. i mean other than dua (although that would help) and aid that may or may not actually reach them (think gaza) realistically, is there anything we actually could do?
You could save up money and give sadaqah or after you've completed your studies take a year's break and go to that war stricken country and teach the English language free of charge to benefit your brothers and sisters

Supreme
11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I give to Christian Aid. It is a charity that helps people who need it most, regardless of where they live or what God they worship or what colour their skin is. Oh, and praying would be an obvious one.

http://www.christianaid.org.uk/

Jesus clearly said that charity is necessary (as demonstrated in the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man and his speech on hospitality), and therefore I have taken it upon myself to also sponsor a child in South America, in the country of Bolivia. It's only a small amount, but it pays for his education, and at Christmas I (well, my family) send him a box of pretty simple things, but it goes a long way for less fortunate people. So yeah, give to charity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!