/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! This might interest you!

Italianguy
10-28-2009, 03:41 AM
I am a Christian. But my main goal or hobby as some would call it is Apologetics (religious defense or answers) for Christianity and Islam. I have many Muslim friends (sometimes more that Christians) and have an extremely strong desire to learn more about faith in Islam. I am also about to start studying Arabic and Aramaic and am looking for the best products or people to help me with that (maybe Rosetta stone?) I am taken aback by the devotion Muslims have in their faith and am trying to show this to all my brothers and sisters in Christianity. I have allot of questions, so if no one is interested i understand, but any or all help is greatly appreciated! Peace be unto you all!

Please take no offense to anything i may have said or implied wrongly

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-28-2009, 03:44 AM
:welcome: aboard..

yes we have a bro convert here (mtaffi) he hasn't been here for a while, but he does use Rosetta stone and I believe it is working well for him.. Aramaic is very similar to Arabic, many Iraqis still speak it modern day, so your best bet is to find people to practice what you have learned with...

Enjoy your stay

peace

Italianguy
10-28-2009, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
:welcome: aboard..

yes we have a bro convert here (mtaffi) he hasn't been here for a while, but he does use Rosetta stone and I believe it is working well for him.. Aramaic is very similar to Arabic, many Iraqis still speak it modern day, so your best bet is to find people to practice what you have learned with...

Enjoy your stay

peace
Many Thanks! Grazie.

ardianto
10-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Welcome to the forum, Italianguy.

I am a Muslim and I have many non-Muslim friends.
Don't be hesitate to asking if you have a question. There are many section here, you can chose a section that compatible. We love to discuss peacefully.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
10-28-2009, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Welcome to the forum, Italianguy.

I am a Muslim and I have many non-Muslim friends.
Don't be hesitate to asking if you have a question. There are many section here, you can chose a section that compatible. We love to discuss peacefully.

:)
Thanks for the Welcome!

Woodrow
10-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Pleased to meet you and welcome to the forum Please feel free to ask questions. We have many knowledgeable members and I am certain you will be answered.

Ramadhan
10-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Welcome to the forum and wish you pleasant and beneficial stay!

Danah
10-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Welcome to the forum, I wish you a beneficial stay here. I am sure you will get all your questions answered here whether regard Islam(have a look on "New to Islam" and "Discover Islam" sections to get some idea. For Arabic (you can go and check the Arabic section)

zakirs
10-28-2009, 05:54 AM
[PIE]Welcome to the forum Italian bro :)[/PIE]

muslimah_81
10-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Wecome to the forum.
I have found the site below very useful in learning arabic.
I used rosetta stone for a bit but I found the lq toronto dvd's more detailed.

http://www.lqtoronto.com/
http://www.lqtoronto.com/downloads.html

You can download the DVD's or order them but shipping out of Canada cost quite a bit of money.

http://www.lqtoronto.com/store.html#esa

Alternatively you can watch it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ_nOU31Psk

The DVD's are a recording of a class that studied the Madina Arabic books. The teacher explains everything in detail and goes at a slow pace which I found beneficial.

Hope this helps.

Al-manar
10-28-2009, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I am a Christian. But my main goal or hobby as some would call it is Apologetics (religious defense or answers) for Christianity and Islam. I have many Muslim friends (sometimes more that Christians) and have an extremely strong desire to learn more about faith in Islam. I am also about to start studying Arabic and Aramaic and am looking for the best products or people to help me with that (maybe Rosetta stone?) I am taken aback by the devotion Muslims have in their faith and am trying to show this to all my brothers and sisters in Christianity. I have allot of questions, so if no one is interested i understand, but any or all help is greatly appreciated! Peace be unto you all!

Please take no offense to anything i may have said or implied wrongly
salve ,Italianguy

Come Stai?

I have just wondered if there is Italian members in the forum,and now I found you :statisfie

I'm Arab living in Italy ...

I don't think you need to learn Arabic to know Islam,there is enough material in English to get you there....

I suggest learning Arabic only if you going to live in Arab country......

I live in Milano ,what about you?

I hope your next posts filled with questions about Islam..

Ciao

Muhammad
10-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Greetings Italianguy,

Welcome to the forum. I have been reading some of the posts you have made already and found them very interesting to read. It is great to hear of your interest in Islam and Muslims, and you are quite welcome to ask questions here.

Learning Arabic is something that Muslims are strongly encouraged to do, if not an obligation upon them, as the profoundness and depth of the miraculous Qur'an can only be fully appreciated when it is recited and understood in Arabic. So learning Arabic, the language of revelation, will undoubtedly help you to gain a deeper insight into the teachings of Islam. To learn Arabic, there may be some useful resources online such as those which sister muslimah_81 mentioned above. It would also be useful to find a teacher to help you.

I hope you will have a beneficial and enoyable stay here. :)

Peace.

P.S. I moved your thread into the 'Intrduce yourself' section

Misz_Muslimah
10-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.