/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You might like this!

Italianguy
10-28-2009, 03:44 AM
My family was witness to some gruesome and mostly unknown injustices were they lived in southern Italy. My Nonna (grandmother) fled the country and settled in Queens NY. The elders in my family do not speak much of what they saw, nor did they ever learn English (they said English was a corrupt and gross language, PLEASE TAKE NO OFFENSE). But what I am told and excuse my details; Friends and family being hung and skinned alive! In what i think was Mussolini’s reign? They are all strict Roman Catholic, but helped hundreds of emigrants settle in New York, including about 30 or 40 Arab Muslims! They helped with food clothing and housing, and even starting businesses locally! Until they were able to stand on both feet and support their family's. My Nonna never asked for anything in return, ever! Only that they keep their faith and help others. They also gave the Muslims their Basement (it was very big) as a place they could worship and pray in private, keep in mind at this time in New York Islam was not looked upon so highly. ,he built a wood fired stove and had it warmed up for them before they arrived, also carpeted the basement and got them clothing and Hijabs for the women (my Nonna made them by hand for the women) . My Nonno (grandfather) also help in getting them jobs or even working for him, and gave Muslims money without any intention of repayment. he new that Islam does not adhere to Interest, so he just gave it to them. So if a family member of yours came through Ellis Island at that time, more than likely my Nonno was there to great them! They might have even known him by name. I will not give names or locations but i still have the sketches that my grandfather drew when he watched Muslims pray, he also said that “Christians should take notes on the devotion of Muslims" that we should be as strong in our faith as them. Just to add i remember when i was about 10 years old i saw a Muslim family come to my Nonnas home. It was cool my brother and i got to play with their kids, lol. I am still a friend of one of them! we talk on the phone about twice a year, he lives in Pakistan, and is an engineer in Dubai. The family came to bring a meal for us and offer thanks for their help(upon arriving to New York) and tried to offer repayment of some money, but Nonna would not accept and asked them to give it to someone else who needs help. When Nonno died over 680 people showed up for his burial, just fewer than 200 were Muslim.

I have never told anyone this except my wife!

This was written by me in response t someone else in another Muslim forum.Enjoy!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-28-2009, 04:18 AM
I have few bad experiences with non Muslims, but I also have many beautiful experiences with non-Muslims.

Thank you very much for this beautiful story, and please send my greeting to your Nonna.

format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
This was written by me in response t someone else in another Muslim forum.Enjoy!
May I know, what happened with you and this someone else ?.

Italianguy
10-28-2009, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I have few bad experiences with non Muslims, but I also have many beautiful experiences with non-Muslims.

Thank you very much for this beautiful story, and please send my greeting to your Nonna.

May I know, what happened with you and this someone else ?.
Oh nothing bad or any disagreement he only showed me a link to a story or movie made in China i think about an Italian boy and his life journey.

And i wish i could give nonna your greetings, she passed 8 years ago just before her 101 birthday! Thanks for the greetings though, one day i will tell her.

Afg
10-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Thank you for sharing :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
10-28-2009, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Afg
Thank you for sharing :)
Anytime i just posted another thread you should check it out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!