/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fatwas

AnonymousPoster
10-28-2009, 09:48 PM
:sl:
I started learning Islam over gawaher, Islamic qa, good books etc...

Since I joined other forums everything went out of control. Everything I thought was prohibited is not according to some fatwas. I have been acting like a mad man lately. I am angry at these scholars and people who are trying to convince me that other views are correct. I believe that not drawing pictures of animals and humans is a command just like pork, alcohol, etc...
I believe that taking kufar as friends is not permitted. I believe that you can not do anything to make your self prettier. And many others...

I love these prohibitations because you can follow them, then you feel closer to Allah because He is satisfied with me. It even improves my Salah. I finally feel like a complete Muslim(well not even close). I don't know what to do anymore, what to read, what is right, what is wrong...

I have been trying to take a direction in my deen but that turned oround too confusing, a nightmare!

I don't understand anything anymore. I am lost!

How would you feel if others were telling you that Allah doesn't command us to consume alcohol?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Here is my advice

Find an amazing scholar from your madhab who is upon ahlus sunnah and who you can trust,

stop taking your islam from the net as it is full of deception and spend more time in ibaadah.

Assalamu Alaikum

AnonymousPoster
10-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks brother. Your advice is correct. But I need a source to learning Islam so I keep my deen safe. I give up trying to contact a scholar. I have been to good forums. I think it was a Shaikh who responded to me. What I don't understand is that, for example: It is a command to wear a hijab a niqab according to other scholars. When my family didn't allow me to wear a hijab and when they refused to get me hijabs etc.. sisters would still tell me"It is a command and you must follow it no matter what" So I made it possible. Other commands, hijjra, are not as "You must do it no matter what".

You have one group saying "You will dwell in hell if you draw a picture, providing good evidence of course" while others allow you to draw pictures. Same goes for many other commends, requirements etc...

AnonymousPoster
10-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Why are some commands stricter than others?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
10-29-2009, 02:24 AM
I would like to add that I am sure that what I've said above is foolish, because I'm nobody to make judgements as these.Since it is what I go through I adress for a naseeha(advice). Shukran

zakirs
10-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Sister firstly assalamu alaikum ,

I personally consider Islam qa to be reliable and use it .I understand your frustration.Sis what we can do is try the best from our side to know the ruling.Pick one thing and follow it and hope that if we follow wrong thing Allah may pardon us.

Why are some commands stricter than others?
i Quote quran's beautiful verse.

but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-29-2009, 05:04 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I started learning Islam over gawaher, Islamic qa, good books etc...

Since I joined other forums everything went out of control. Everything I thought was prohibited is not according to some fatwas. I have been acting like a mad man lately. I am angry at these scholars and people who are trying to convince me that other views are correct. I believe that not drawing pictures of animals and humans is a command just like pork, alcohol, etc...
I believe that taking kufar as friends is not permitted. I believe that you can not do anything to make your self prettier. And many others...

I love these prohibitations because you can follow them, then you feel closer to Allah because He is satisfied with me. It even improves my Salah. I finally feel like a complete Muslim(well not even close). I don't know what to do anymore, what to read, what is right, what is wrong...

I have been trying to take a direction in my deen but that turned oround too confusing, a nightmare!

I don't understand anything anymore. I am lost!

How would you feel if others were telling you that Allah doesn't command us to consume alcohol?
if you cant find any scholars in your region to teach you, then read books, listen to lectures from scholars you trust. you can find such books and lectures everywhere...even off the net. seeking knowledge is indeed difficult when you dont have anyone to teach you, but it isnt impossible...you have to make do with what you've got. :)

i went through the stage of trying to find a reliable scholar and got confused with the many opinions (i still do :-[) but, the best way out of it, is that i stick to the scholars i know and from them i read the books they recommend and follow the shaikhs they recommend. works for me :)

concerning your family, sis, we have allll been through it. it is a tough challenge, especially when it concerns your parents :phew but ukhtee you can be religious and be gentle with your family who dont agree with your way of life. just do what you have to do, and when they see you with the hijaab on, for eg just smile politely, etc. whatever you do, dont fight back with them-it'll only make matters worse. whatever insults they may throw at you, just ignore it and continue with what you are doing. you are going to face hardship for your practice, but the bestest thing is looking back and remembering back how you were patient. trials make us grow and are sometimes a foundation to the greater trials we may face later on in life. bottom line: live for and abiding patiently for the sake of Allah becuase Allah is the only reason why we are here and therefore He should be the only reason why we do not conform to teh the way of those who dont obey Him

all the best...

Rasema
10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.

Yes, Allah says that when He commands us something it could be bad for us. When Allah commands us to not draw pictures(it isn't in the Qur'an but it applies, I think) then why do you have fatwas saying that you can draw a human if your teacher assigns you to!!!!

AnonymousPoster
10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Thank you sister.

i went through the stage of trying to find a reliable scholar and got confused with the many opinions (i still do :-[) but, the best way out of it, is that i stick to the scholars i know and from them i read the books they recommend and follow the shaikhs they recommend. works for me :)
I read books by a scholar I trust and that is Muhammad Naim Yassin. I go on a forum to ask a question then you have people throwing sites at you to read stuff by a different scholar. Why CAN'T I FOLLOW THIS SCHOLAR??

concerning your family, sis, we have allll been through it. it is a tough challenge, especially when it concerns your parents :phew but ukhtee you can be religious and be gentle with your family who dont agree with your way of life. just do what you have to do, and when they see you with the hijaab on, for eg just smile politely, etc. whatever you do, dont fight back with them-it'll only make matters worse. whatever insults they may throw at you, just ignore it and continue with what you are doing. you are going to face hardship for your practice, but the bestest thing is looking back and remembering back how you were patient. trials make us grow and are sometimes a foundation to the greater trials we may face later on in life. [B]bottom line: live for and abiding patiently for the sake of Allah becuase Allah is the only reason why we are here and therefore He should be the only reason why we do not conform to teh the way of those who dont obey Him
Thanks sis. That was a long time ago. I was just giving an example. Yea, I used to be patient. Its all gone!!!!!!!!!!!

all the best...[/QUOTE]

zakirs
10-29-2009, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Yes, Allah says that when He commands us something it could be bad for us. When Allah commands us to not draw pictures(it isn't in the Qur'an but it applies, I think) then why do you have fatwas saying that you can draw a human if your teacher assigns you to!!!!
I don't know sister.. Sadly i am still young and haven;t gathered enough knowledge yet :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Thank you sister.
wa alaykum us-Salaam
no problems

I read books by a scholar I trust and that is Muhammad Naim Yassin. I go on a forum to ask a question then you have people throwing sites at you to read stuff by a different scholar. Why CAN'T I FOLLOW THIS SCHOLAR??
did they give you a reason why you cant follow him? have you personally found anything wrong with him. you have to be careful when you are seeking knowledge over the net. you should just use the net to give you a rough idea of what and who to follow...

Thanks sis. That was a long time ago. I was just giving an example. Yea, I used to be patient. Its all gone!!!!!!!!!!!
get it back. you cant get anywhere without patience. :)

Sampharo
10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you sister.

all the best...
First you need to look at one thing: You're not doing too well, are you? Therefore it doesn't take much to realize that what you are doing is not working. So I think you should consider not defending current method of doing things since you are here feeling so distressed.

You cannot learn Islam from scratch by reading a few books, debating on forums, and reading fatwa websites to be analyzing fiqh and methodology and to give yourself license to criticize scholar and/or other muslims. You can read all the health journals in the World, and debate on all the medical forums, they will never make you a doctor.

Scholars of old and new, refused to recognize students of knowledge whom they called "Took books for Sheikhs". Ahmed Ibn Hanbal would not talk with anyone unless he knew that he frequented sheikhs physically.

If you wish to learn, you need to go to classes and lessons, and ask specific questions. Fiqh is a very deep subject and if difference of opinion based on evidence frustrates you then you have severe deficiencies in knowledge. Additionally why would you feel this emotionally charged from other muslims holding different opinions even if they are wrong?

Books can be right or wrong, and mostly fail to mention the points of view AND EVIDENCE brought about by the opposing side. If you listen to only one scholar that alone is a mistake. Imam Malik's methodology was always seeking multiple opinions on every matter, never taking an opinion until he hears the opposing one or finding that everyone is in consensus on that opinion. Fatwas are further based on conditions and principals that are engrained in those scholars minds and they know how to apply them to release the fatwa, however they don't show that methodology while giving the fatwa, they only show the originating evidence, so again you will not learn any more than tid bits of incoherent information by just reading islamqa.com (even though it is a great choice as a source of fatwas).

First arm yourself with tolerance and understanding that you lack so much knowledge and therefore should not be taking any differences or corrections emotionally. Second, understand your current method of seeking knowledge is not right. Like others here told you, you need to seek a scholar (in person, not just choose a scholar and read his books only, that is counter-productive) and listen to him and study under him. After that seek other scholars and learn there, and when contradicted, ask respectful questions to understand. Don't form opinions or criticize until you have covered ALL the basics and comprehended them fully.

AnonymousPoster
10-30-2009, 11:56 PM
You cannot learn Islam from scratch by reading a few books, debating on forums, and reading fatwa websites to be analyzing fiqh and methodology and to give yourself license to criticize scholar and/or other muslims. You can read all the health journals in the World, and debate on all the medical forums, they will never make you a doctor.
I'm not seeking knowledge as others if you know what I mean. I am not
'debating' I JUST WANT CLARIFICATION, that is all. When someone gives you a fatwa saying that you can draw a human because your teacher assigned you to MAKES ME WANT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT!!! :heated:

The reason I'm "debating" is because I want my heart at ease so I can move on. I want to find out what is the pure Islam, that is all. If you're in Islam thatn you found oure Islam but, as I've said, fatwas are driving me crazy. I don't know what is prohibited, what isn't, what is a command... So I want pure Islam and I don't know what is it. Fiqh is not what I'm interested in. I have so many things to memorize etc... But I need to know what are the commands of Islam so I follow them.
Scholars of old and new, refused to recognize students of knowledge whom they called "Took books for Sheikhs". Ahmed Ibn Hanbal would not talk with anyone unless he knew that he frequented sheikhs physically.

If you wish to learn, you need to go to classes and lessons, and ask specific questions. Fiqh is a very deep subject and if difference of opinion based on evidence frustrates you then you have severe deficiencies in knowledge. Additionally why would you feel this emotionally charged from other muslims holding different opinions even if they are wrong?

Books can be right or wrong, and mostly fail to mention the points of view AND EVIDENCE brought about by the opposing side. If you listen to only one scholar that alone is a mistake. Imam Malik's methodology was always seeking multiple opinions on every matter, never taking an opinion until he hears the opposing one or finding that everyone is in consensus on that opinion. Fatwas are further based on conditions and principals that are engrained in those scholars minds and they know how to apply them to release the fatwa, however they don't show that methodology while giving the fatwa, they only show the originating evidence, so again you will not learn any more than tid bits of incoherent information by just reading islamqa.com (even though it is a great choice as a source of fatwas).
First arm yourself with tolerance and understanding that you lack so much knowledge
I do not know what makes anyone think that I have such an opinion about my self. I do not have knowledge. I don't even know the basics. What I do know is that Islam is a strong religion and that no matter how small a command is it must be followed no matter what. I nor you have an excuse for many things. May Allah forgive us all ameen

My only source to "knowledge" is computer. All I want to know is the pure Islam then I can move on to acting as a Muslim.

ahmed_indian
11-01-2009, 10:24 AM
follow the advice of earlier scholars. dont dwell too much into controversial issues. it might confuse u.

there are just few do's and dont's in Islam. stick to them
always pray to Allah for guidance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.