/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Awareness Week

glo
10-29-2009, 06:18 PM
I have found out that this is an annual event, which has taken place in the UK for the last 15 years.

This year our local mosque took part (for the first time, as far as I am aware). Unfortunately we have been away to visit family abroad, so I haven't been able to see for myself.

Has your own mosque taken part, or have any of you been involved in this event yourselves? What has been the response and the feed-back from Muslims and non-Muslims attending?

The theme for Islam Awareness Week 2009 is "Walk the Talk". It is about recognising our common humanity, celebrating our diversity and respecting each other.

Islam Awareness Week (IAW) has been taking place across the UK in the third week of November for the last 15 years. Initially the aim was simply to provide a platform for British Muslims themselves to help remove misconceptions about Islam, which is now the UK’s second largest faith.
Since then, it has also become an opportunity for people of all faiths (and none) to come together in a spirit of understanding and co-operation. IAW is also about helping to build links between people, a celebration of art and culture and getting people to work together for the common good.
http://www.iaw.org.uk/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.