/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Brothers and Sisters to MOD on my website!

OurIslamic
10-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Well, this is the best section I found.

If you're interested in becoming a moderator for my website, please PM me. I will send you the details. Please look in my signature to visit the website, and through it, the forum.

Duties I expect from moderators:
1) Encourage Discussion
2) Contribute in a positive manner
3) Make a few posts daily or weekly.

There aren't many members on the forum at the moment, but once there will be more, you will be rewarded for your hard work through several incentives offerred by the website.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 06:15 AM
Still on the look out :)

It's not too hard to be a mod, and there are several benefits!

Caller الداعي
11-02-2009, 06:44 AM
wat does being a mod. Require?

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 07:14 AM
As a moderator, you will not have many duties, since there aren't as many members yet.
At the moment, you simply need to encourage discussion, post a few times a day, and ban spammers/delete their threads.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sampharo
11-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I have been to your website and forum, it wasn't clear though what Islamic schools of thought you depend on and what policies you have. Some of us here would need to know before being involved. Can you tell us some more?

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
The website and forum are not limited to Schools. We practice Islam. If someone asks a question in which the answer is different for different schools, we provide answers for each school. :statisfie

Sampharo
11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
I meant do you stick to Sunnah and Athari Salafi aqeeda or do you allow room for sufis and matridis, or do you let debates between sects, etc?

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Everyone is allowed to post their opinion. Some people may specifiy a specific way they would like their question to be asked, we do so. Debates between sects are allowed as well.

Humbler_359
11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
:sl:

I am curious to know how much pay in per hour if I become Moderator? Bonus benefits? :shade:

Let me check my resume, I had no Moderator experiences but excellent computer skills.

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry, but there is no pay for forum moderators. Most moderators on websites are volunteers, and receive little to no benefits (on most forums, and I have never heard of moderators being paid, but I do not doubt that such a forum exists)

Benefits of becoming a moderator:

1) Self-fulfillment (helping others), recognition (as an expert), praise, prestige, etc.

2) Benefits (access to discounted or free products or services from the site)

3) You gain the trust of the members, and therefore, can direct traffic to your website or get more members for a paid service you provide. Example: you put an affiliate program in your signature (on the forum). Many members are likely to join since you are a moderator, than if you were a normal member.

Please let me know what you think of this.

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
:sl:

I am curious to know how much pay in per hour if I become Moderator? Bonus benefits? :shade:

Let me check my resume, I had no Moderator experiences but excellent computer skills.
Have I sufficiently answered your question?

Humbler_359
11-02-2009, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Have I sufficiently answered your question?
:sl: Brother,

Thank you for you explanation. Yes, it is as I learn some new info. Possible later if I want to be Moderator.

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm sorry lol, I didn't really understand the second sentence.

Caller الداعي
11-03-2009, 12:00 AM
id be intrested becoming one but i dont think ill be able to commit myslef daily due to other duties plus i plan on going hajj so ill be away for quite a bit of time

Hayfa
11-03-2009, 12:20 AM
c'mon guys... your brothers asking for help

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said:

“A Muslim is a brother of (another) Muslim, he neither wrongs him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong. If anyone fulfils his brother’s needs, Allah will fulfil his needs; if one relieves a Muslim of his troubles, Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection…” [Bukhari and Muslim].

I would love to help you, don't know if id be any good though but ill try InshaAllah. :)

OurIslamic
11-03-2009, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by caller
id be intrested becoming one but i dont think ill be able to commit myslef daily due to other duties plus i plan on going hajj so ill be away for quite a bit of time
Congratulations!
One of our moderators is already going on Hajj, as well.

I'd be glad to have you on our forum, just create an account, and I'll promote you to moderator :).

You don't have to visit daily, just as much as you can.

OurIslamic
11-03-2009, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayfa
c'mon guys... your brothers asking for help

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said:

“A Muslim is a brother of (another) Muslim, he neither wrongs him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong. If anyone fulfils his brother’s needs, Allah will fulfil his needs; if one relieves a Muslim of his troubles, Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection…” [Bukhari and Muslim].

I would love to help you, don't know if id be any good though but ill try InshaAllah. :)
Jazakallah! Please register on the forum, and I will promote you.

Hayfa
11-03-2009, 12:33 AM
ok inshaAllah but bro u can manage the google adds right?

OurIslamic
11-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Not on the forum, only on the main website. Why do you ask?

Hayfa
11-03-2009, 12:41 AM
haha nothing just the muslim dating one on the forum looked funny

OurIslamic
11-03-2009, 12:44 AM
I know, it's not a good ad. It will be removed soon (through donations).

Hayfa
11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
I registered :awesome:

OurIslamic
11-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Great! :D I'll promote you.

OurIslamic
11-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Congratulations! You're officially an Our Islamic Free Forums "Sister Moderator"!

Fטлку
11-04-2009, 10:28 AM
:bump:
Congratulations Hayfa :D
The forum is startin' to look good ;D

OurIslamic
12-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Well, tell me what you think of it now :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.