/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blow to Blair's hopes of EU job

GuestFellow
10-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Tony Blair's hopes of becoming president of the European Council are fading after his supporters failed to secure the backing of EU leaders.

^ Click the link above to read the article.

This guy should be charged with war crimes.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
10-30-2009, 06:47 PM
:threadapp

GuestFellow
10-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I almost forgot about this topic. :/

nocturnal
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
It would be a travesty if a bona fide war criminal in the person of Tony Blair became EU President. He should be arraigned in the International Criminal Court alongside Bush, Wolfowitz, Cheney etc.

I support the notion of cohesion in the EU, but not the prospect of having at the helm of the EU, as President, an individual who is unquestionably a divisive war criminal, loathed by the entire world for enhancing the scope of and reach of attacks.

There is no doubt here in the UK, that we were never in the sights of Al Qa'ida, until this sadistic vassal plunged us into unwanted wars on 2 fronts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlHoda
11-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I HATE TONY BLAIR. HE IS BUSH'S TWIN!!!! Grrrrr.:raging::raging::raging:

:wa:
Sorry for the outburst, but I hate him so much !!!!!!!

nocturnal
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
It was outrageous enough that the "quartet" had the temerity to appoint Blair as its Middle East peace envoy. But the EU, (which is not the quartet, and which was overwhelmingly opposed to the Iraq war) cannot allow such a deceptive man to become the figurehead of such a powerful regional bloc.

He was Bush's mouthpiece in Europe in the months preceding the Iraq invasion; lecturing on the portentous threat posed by Saddam's nonexistent "WMDs", making false linkages between Iraq and Al Qa'ida, etc.

If there's any conscience in the EU, especially in Sweden, which holds the rotating presidency of the EU, they'll ask for a rigorous debate in the European Parliament, on the appointment of this mass murderer.

Supreme
11-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't mind if Blair gets the job?

nocturnal
11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Under Blair's premiership, he paid more heed to US demands rather than being attentive to what the populaces in the EU were saying regarding international security matters.

He does not have any credbility and that was crystallised recently at a commemorative ceremony in London when parents of service personnel killed in Iraq refused to shake hands with him; and rightfully.

Hundreds of thousands of people through out the EU have signed petitions urging their respective governments not to endorse the appointment of Blair. He may have considerable domestic achievements here in the UK, but with respect to the position for which his name has been mooted, it is one that inherently involves dealing with world leaders and convening meetings on some of the most delicate global political issues.

In such circumstances, who can take the EU seriously if this odious and morally bankrupt butcher takes up the post of president.

GuestFellow
11-01-2009, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Well from what I can remember he told several lies to go to war with Iraq. There was no Weapons of Mass Destruction. He worked alongside Former President George Bush, Former Vice President Dick Cheney and Former National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice. Thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians have been killed in the process and people are still dying.

Yes Tony Blair has introduced good policies during his time in power however he either lied or have made very big mistake in regards to whether there was WMD in Iraq. I personally don't trust him at all.

nocturnal
11-01-2009, 11:27 PM
There are plenty of candidates from all over the EU with extensive experience and who don't kowtow to the US and actually listen to the EU and its citizens. We're putting on a pedestal an abysmal war criminal with a deplorable record in international affairs. You can bet the hawks in Tel Aviv and the US Congress will love it if Blair gets the presidency.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.