/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bringing sum1 closer to Islam

AnonyMouse~
10-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Salamualaykum,

Recently I had this girl I met through a friend send me a message asking for advice and I wrote a reply but then wanted to see what you guys might have to say about this as a lot of you are more knowledgeable mashaAllah im going to post the message and please give suggestions!

"Now, one of my closest friend's friend is going through a rough patch. Let me clarify she is muslim, but her parents aren't that devoted to religion, so they didn't really teach her a whole lot about Islam, so she feels like she really needs to "convert" to Islam. She reads the Quran in English, but at times she says she feels discouraged and puts the Quran down. Mainly because she doesn't understand it that well. When she goes to perform prayer, she says she becomes lazy and unmotivated because her household is not religion based. I was wondering if you had any ideas or ways she could be motivated to "Convert" to Islam, because she really is confused. She is only 15 years old."

JazakAllah khair
Masalamah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
10-30-2009, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonyMouse~
Salamualaykum,

Recently I had this girl I met through a friend send me a message asking for advice and I wrote a reply but then wanted to see what you guys might have to say about this as a lot of you are more knowledgeable mashaAllah im going to post the message and please give suggestions!

"Now, one of my closest friend's friend is going through a rough patch. Let me clarify she is muslim, but her parents aren't that devoted to religion, so they didn't really teach her a whole lot about Islam, so she feels like she really needs to "convert" to Islam. She reads the Quran in English, but at times she says she feels discouraged and puts the Quran down. Mainly because she doesn't understand it that well. When she goes to perform prayer, she says she becomes lazy and unmotivated because her household is not religion based. I was wondering if you had any ideas or ways she could be motivated to "Convert" to Islam, because she really is confused. She is only 15 years old."

JazakAllah khair
Masalamah
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, it seems like she is going through what a lot of us go through in life and that is a lack of imaan(Faith). A lot of us who try to practice Islam come from families who don't necesserily practice.

I think it is best that she gets help and support from pious sisters from her locality. There must be regular sisters meetings, halaqa's and circles that she could attend because the thing is if were alone then we are easy prey for shaythan like a lone sheep but when we have the help and support of others then we are safer in a group as a hed of sheep is safe from the wolf (Shaythan).

She should get involved with sisters Islam study groups who will help her to learn proper knowledge and understand it because if one learns on their own then one is always easily led astray that is why we need the support of learned people who can help us with every aspect of our deen.

So she HAS to get involved with other sisters in her locality. So if you could get her in touch with good and pious sisters then she will be on her way to getting closer to Allah and will have much higher levels of imaan all the time inshallah

Here are some articles that may help her increase her imaan and keep it high all the time.

10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40459

Forty Good Deeds to do Everyday!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50628

Nafl Salaahs to Pray Everyday

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49289

ahmed_indian
11-01-2009, 10:35 AM
tell her to go slowly.

try 10-15 minutes Quran translation in her language.
another 10-15 minutes about hadith, halaal and haraam, etc.

it will take time to get adjust for salaah. first try to main fard and sunnah...nafl can be started later.

she might feel cut off frm the family but thats the price of Allah's pleasure and Paradise where she'll get whtever she wish for. she can also do some dawah to her family. like couple of minutes about Allah and hereafter.

tell her to make Dua regularly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.