/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the non-muslims in this site

Asian man
10-31-2009, 12:37 AM
so far i have seen many non muslims in this site, but they haven't become muslim yet. What is the point of a non-muslim being here if he or she isn't gonna become muslim.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Blackpool
10-31-2009, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asian man
so far i have seen many non muslims in this site, but they haven't become muslim yet. What is the point of a non-muslim being here if he or she isn't gonna become muslim.
Um knowledge? I'm non-muslim and I have/had no intention on becoming muslim :hmm:

IAmZamzam
10-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Patience, Asian man. You're not going to make any converts expressing that kind of attitude, and nobody's going to learn anything unless differing viewpoints are expressed, explored and explained. This is at least as true with religion as it is with anything else, on the net or anywhere else. The name of this board is "IslamicBoard", not "Non-Muslims Or People Not Interested In Reverting Need Not Apply". Besides, how do you know none of them are going to become Muslim? You should have seen me when I first came to the Understanding Islam board.

Asian man
10-31-2009, 12:45 AM
im just saying, if anyone associates partners with god is not going to heaven. And you know that christians associate partners with God, which is a sin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
10-31-2009, 12:46 AM
:sl:

Well we cannot force them at the point of a gun? Patience is a virtue.

Asian man
10-31-2009, 12:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Well we cannot force them at the point of a gun? Patience is a virtue.
i know that but, you know that hell is worse than we think, why couldn't Allah just guide more than the half of the non-muslims already?

Rasema
10-31-2009, 12:57 AM
A very, very good question. Muslims are amuzing to some people.

Eric H
10-31-2009, 01:15 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Asian man; welcome to the forum, and I hope you can cope with us non- Muslims being here.:)

I feel scriptures have a far greater meaning, when we try and change ourselves, rather than try and change others. As Yahya said, patience helps.

In the spirit of rpaying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Karl
10-31-2009, 02:30 AM
i know that but, you know that hell is worse than we think, why couldn't Allah just guide more than the half of the non-muslims already?
The answer is simple, if everybody becomes really good and converts to Islam. You will have a lot of Unemployed Demons in Hell, so they will get really angry and try to break into our world or wage war with Heaven.
Allah likes to keep everybody happy even Iblis (Satan):statisfie

Sampharo
10-31-2009, 05:03 PM
^ Hahaha I know it's a joke, but couldn't help correcting :D :

1- They're Angels working Hell, demons "jinn" are like us punished and rewarded.

2- Satin does not "rule" Hell domain, he will be punished there along with whomever followed him. But you're kinda right he'll be extremely bummed if he's there by himself. :D

Ok, seriously though Asian Man, if God MADE us all muslim, then what is the point of life? :) We're here to be tested and to choose and be rewarded or punished based on our choices.

I do see a bit of a point though in that there are old time non-muslims on the board who are not asking any questions or learning anything, and are just sneaking in cheap shots or dragging in some anti-islamic garbage every now and then, but they are just numbering on a single-hand-fingers in the middle of many dozens of welcome non-muslim members.

Anyway Asian Man, "you are not their controller" as the Quran says. If the prophets Moses, Jesus, and Mohamed didn't convert everyone, then even LI will not succeed in that.

seeker-of-light
10-31-2009, 05:32 PM
i was a non-muslim when i came here, and very skeptical about islam however i wanted to learn more about it. my heart was changed, so that doesnt mean that no one changes their views about islam who is non muslim who comes here lol

zakirs
10-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Asian man thats a very rude thing to say.I would say learning each other's religions is a very important part.So just stop being rude

Woodrow
10-31-2009, 05:52 PM
I doubt very much that many of them will revert to Islam. Yet each of them is a valued member, as they do come to learn the truth about us and not as the media portrays us. There are many misconceptions about Islam that abound in the non-Muslim world. You will find as you read through here that few non-Muslims have ever met a Muslim in person. While we do desire for all non-Muslims to embrace Islam, we have to take the first step and that first step is to show the world we are humans and not creatures or objects deserving of hate. To show there is not reason to hate us, is the door opening for Da'wah. While many may not step through that door, they are learning not to slam it it in our faces.

cat eyes
10-31-2009, 06:29 PM
well Allah only knows whether they will revert or not! Allah can guide anybody if he wants no matter what type of a person they are. i remember when i was a teenager and hanging with my friends if they spotted a man with a beard they would laugh at him and call him bin laden and i would laugh along i also use to shop in a asian clothes store for cheap clothes with my friends and there would be a man with a beard serving us he always had good manners with me and that was the first time i ever met a muslim he always had a friendly smile. and i use to wonder why he was so kind. who would have thought id revert to islam years later?

Woodrow
10-31-2009, 06:40 PM
I just realized how many of us here are reverts. I suspect this forum has the largest number of Muslims that reverted from other faiths, then any other forum.

I never counted nor do I know for certain, but it seems like nearly half of the Muslims who are active posters are reverts.

zakirs
10-31-2009, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I just realized how many of us here are reverts. I suspect this forum has the largest number of Muslims that reverted from other faiths, then any other forum.

I never counted nor do I know for certain, but it seems like nearly half of the Muslims who are active posters are reverts.
another reason to respect fellow non muslim bros

Insaanah
10-31-2009, 07:09 PM

Sisters Seeker-of-Light and Cat's Eyes, and Uncle Woodrow, your posts have made me very happy, and at the same time, have made me realise my own inadequacies. I as a born Muslim, do not have anywhere near the amount of knowledge that you all have maashaAllah. It's so inspiring for me :)

Also, Asian man, many people have had their misconceptions about Islam cleared through this forum, and for many it has been their first chance to converse with a Muslim and develop a deeper understanding of Islam and Muslims. In today's world, that is a huge thing in itself.

Amadeus85
10-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Ok, I will reveal at last, why Amadeus is here. I've noticed that some of You guys are big Arsenal London fans, and I'm here to persuade You that there is no club than Juventus Turin !!!.
Ok now You can ban me.

Iris
10-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Even many of us born-Muslims go through stages of reversion in our lives. When we feel hopeless, start questioning our faith, stop practicing Islam etc. Then we start reading the Quran and gathering the light of knowledge and Allah SWT opens up our hearts to the truth and improves our faith, subhanAllah, it's a lifelong journey.

tetsujin
11-01-2009, 05:00 AM
Food for thought:

49: 17

يَمُنُّونَ عَلَيْكَ أَنْ أَسْلَمُوا قُلْ لا تَمُنُّوا عَلَيَّ إِسْلامَكُمْ بَلِ اللَّهُ يَمُنُّ عَلَيْكُمْ أَنْ هَدَاكُمْ لِلإيمَانِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ صَادِقِينَ

They impress on thee as a favour that they have embraced Islam. Say, "Count not your Islam as a favour upon me: Nay, Allah has conferred a favour upon you that He has guided you to the faith, if ye be true and sincere.

All the best,

Faysal

Ramadhan
11-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Questions (or many times, contentions) about Islam from non-muslims in the forums actually help me motivated to learn a lot more and much deeper about my own deen, and in turn they strengthen my eeman.

Caller الداعي
11-01-2009, 04:20 PM
true bro good point

glo
11-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Great point, naidamar.
I was going to ask the very same thing.

Personally, I find people asking questions and challenging my faith very helpful in my own spiritual growth.
There was a time, just after I became a committed Christian, when I found those questions and challenges threatening - but as I have matured in my faith I have come to realise that those questions help me deepen my own understanding.

Sometimes I may wish to cloister myself away and only surround myself with people who share my faith ... but that doesn't seem to be the time, place and purpose God has destined for me.
My faith is challenged every day - by friends and family, at work, by the society I live in etc, etc. Only if my faith can stand up to these challenges, is it strong enough! I am also learning new and beneficial things from other faiths and worldviews.

I have learned to appreciate those challenges. So much so that I feel an ever growing desire to engage more in interfaith activities.

So I hope that many Muslim members here appreciate us non-Muslims and our views and questions - even if we were never going to convert to Islam.

As for the OP's question, I guess non-Muslims come here for different reasons.
Some come to learn more with possible view to converting.
Others to understand Islam better and to relate to Muslims better, without necessarily wanting to convert.
Others to challenge Islam.

Whatever our intentions, we are here at the invitation of the forum - and we represent the wider world and all humanity. :)

Humbler_359
11-01-2009, 04:37 PM

Basically, I would say there are different kinds of non-muslims coming here.

1. Non-Muslims are interested learning about Islam despite medias, propagandas, and misconceptions in many questions.

2. Non-Muslims (ie. Christians)....describe their own belief to criticize Islam wrong and many arguments/exposures.

There is NO need to tell someone to become Muslims by force any means, it is OUR duty in this Islamiboard to explain and guide them clearly.

"There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing." (2:256)

Peace be upon you, Wasalam!

A-Believer-25
11-01-2009, 06:22 PM

I would say many Non-Muslims are here to learn more about Islam. :statisfie

Woodrow
11-01-2009, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25

I would say many Non-Muslims are here to learn more about Islam. :statisfie
I believe most of them are. Although many come with no intention of accepting Islam, it is good they desire to learn the truth about us and not just follow the stereotypical views.

Asian man
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Now that I think of this, I don't really care if any non-Muslim becomes a Muslim or not because I don't even know you people personally.

Supreme
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I did not come here, and have no intention, of converting. I did come here, and have every intention, of learning.

zakirs
11-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Now that I think of this, I don't really care if any non-Muslim becomes a Muslim or not because I don't even know you people personally.
OK this is RUDE.whats with the attitude bro ?

A-Believer-25
11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I believe most of them are. Although many come with no intention of accepting Islam, it is good they desire to learn the truth about us and not just follow the stereotypical views.
That's true. I do hope more people accept Islam, inshallah.

Eric H
11-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Asian man;

Now that I think of this, I don't really care if any non-Muslim becomes a Muslim or not because I don't even know you people personally
Getting to know us non- Muslims only takes time, if you try, then you might be pleasantly surprised.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship and understanding

Eric

Raphael
11-01-2009, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Getting to know us non- Muslims only takes time, if you try, then you might be pleasantly surprised.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship and understanding

Eric

Do you think this forum has helped you understand Muslims?

Muslim Woman
11-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Salaam/Peace

... What is the point of a non-muslim being here if he or she isn't gonna become muslim.
I have no intention to become a Christian but I joined 2/3 Christian forums and was active there till the forum was closed or I was banned.

In my daily life , I don't get much chances to meet Christians or other non-Muslims . So , it's nice to meet them online :statisfie

Eric H
11-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Raphael;
Do you think this forum has helped you understand Muslims
Yes, and it has given me hope, that people of different faiths can get on with each other.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Raphael
11-01-2009, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Raphael;

Yes, and it has given me hope, that people of different faiths can get on with each other.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

What do you know now that you did not know when you joined? If I can ask?

p.s "In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship" is that your signature line now? :D

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Perhaps a better and more open question would be:

Why do we want all of these non-Muslims on this site?

1. Da'wah I believe it is safe to say each Muslim here wants every non-Muslim to revert to Islam and this is a venue in which we can speak of our love of Islam and tell non-Muslims why we are Muslim. But most of us want any reversion to be of the persons own free will and to be a choice made between them and Allaah(swt) If the Arabs had closed the sharing of Islam to be with Muslims only. Islam would be a very small religion limited to a small country in the Mid-East.

2. Basic knowledge of how to coexist with non-Muslims. As the world shrinks more Muslims will be forced to live in non-Muslim countries. It is best we learn and practice how to do so peacefully and how to treat non-Muslims fairly

3. To clear up misconceptions about each other. We will always disagree, but we can learn to disagree about facts and not what each thinks the other believes.

4. They make the forum interesting and it does cause each of us to learn more about our own beliefs so we can discuss them intelligently with non-Muslims.

Supreme
11-02-2009, 12:21 AM
'More Muslims will live in non Muslim countries.'And vice versa. Soon, countries will be so globalized and their populations so diverse, there may be no such thing as a 'Muslim' or 'Christian' or 'Hindu' or whatever religion country any more.

Raphael
11-02-2009, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
'More Muslims will live in non Muslim countries
True

And vice versa

*cough*

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raphael
True

*cough*
Already in today's world every Muslim country has sizable non-Muslim populations. Even Saudi and Iran have non-Muslim communities. Dubai is probably the extreme. While Dubai citizens are 100 percent Muslim nearly 90% of the people living in Dubai are Non-Muslim resident aliens.

Raphael
11-02-2009, 12:44 AM
I hear Iran has a sizeable Jewish community.

Asian man
11-02-2009, 01:20 AM
It doesn't matter what country it is, we have to spread the truth, whether he non-muslim like it or not, believe or not believe, because you already know who is gonna is gonna be right in the end.

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 01:25 AM
It doesn't matter what country it is, we have to spread the truth, whether he non-muslim like it or not, believe or not believe, because you already know who is gonna is gonna be right in the end.
Which means we have to speak to Non-Muslims. we can not spread the truth by limiting our speaking of Islam to only Muslims.

Eric H
11-02-2009, 01:59 AM

I feel we need to be careful and truthful about truth.

Beyond a doubt Christianity carries the full truth, but my truth depends on belief and faith.

We are each touched with our own truth, and I feel truth is better served, when we use it to try and change ourselves for the better.

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

Humbler_359
11-02-2009, 02:07 AM
:sl: Eric,

Hope all is well with you, I appreciate your kindness...

What would you say if God give you a final warning as a reminder of Final Testament from Qur'an? Will you still believe it or careful with your own truth ?

In the spirit of accepting Final Testament clearly in our mind and soul before expired. :statisfie

:wa:

Eric H
11-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Humbler_359;
What would you say if God give you a final warning as a reminder of Final Testament from Qur'an? Will you still believe it or careful with your own truth ?

In the spirit of accepting Final Testament clearly in our mind and soul before expired. :statisfie

Thank you for your concerns, and I know you have my best interests at heart, but my beliefs are firmly grounded in Christianity.

We must all pray for each other, that we might all find eternal salvation, despite all our differences. I have friends and family who have no faith, and yet I would like to see them find eternal salvation.

In the end the salvation for each one of us; depends on God’s mercy and forgiveness. And you will never look in to the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

In the spirit of praying for eternal salvation for all people

Eric

zakirs
11-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Let us stick to one thing.. Our responsibility is only to understand each other and give dawah but not telling who will be punished or pardoned.Its only for the god to decide.

Allah guides whom he wills to be guided.Lets not be judgemental.

czgibson
11-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Greetings,
Like other non-Muslims who've posted here, I'm here to learn more about Islam. I've been on the forum a few years and I've learned a lot. So much so, that, believe it or not, I often end up defending Islam against false allegations if the topic comes up among friends in daily life. There's no chance I'll ever convert to Islam, but I'm very interested to know what motivates 1.6 billion people alive today.

I'm also here because of the situation our world finds itself in. I think it's more important now than ever before that Muslims and non-Muslims talk to each other. If we can't begin to understand each other, we're headed for even more trouble. I've explained this so many times here that I think I might need to just make a signature out of it.

Besides all that, I've met loads of kind, wise, interesting and hilariously bonkers people here, and I'm grateful to have been made welcome as a guest here for this long.

Peace

Muslim Woman
11-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
... I often end up defending Islam against false allegations if the topic comes up among friends in daily life.
Thanks a lot :statisfie

May God bless you.

cat eyes
11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
do you believe a muslim girl should marry a non muslim guy for dawah purpose? anybody can answer me. i have heard some successful stories believe it or not

Muslim Woman
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
do you believe a muslim girl should marry a non muslim guy for dawah purpose? anybody can answer me. i have heard some successful stories believe it or not
Muslim girls are not allowed to marry non Muslims.

Asiyah3
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM

Of course not. It is not permissible for a muslim girl to marry a non-muslim. Even if the end has been "succesful" for some.

Supreme
11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Muslim girls are not allowed to marry non Muslims.
But aren't Muslim men allowed to marry People of the Book?

cat eyes
11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
Of course not. It is not permissible for a muslim girl to marry a non-muslim. Even if the end has been "succesful" for some.
but where is it stated that its haraam? and where is it stated that a muslim man can marry an idol worshipper?:)

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 05:35 PM
At this moment I am not going to speak about the forbidance for a Muslim Girl to marry a non Muslim. I will just answer the question directly based on what I believe and why.

I do not believe anybody should marry anybody for the pupose of Da'wah. If a person reverts for the purpose of marrying, they have not reverted because they Sincerily believe the Shahadah, they are marrying to possess the person, not to serve Allaah(swt) I do not see that as being a genuine reversion.

muslimah_81
11-02-2009, 05:43 PM
but where is it stated that its haraam? and where is it stated that a muslim man can marry an idol worshipper?:)

Hope this helps :statisfie

Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise. (2:221)

Danah
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Non-Muslims here come with different intentions:

some are about to revert and need more knowledge
some want to learn more about Islam just out of interest
some come to challenge Islam
some come to mock Islam
and some of them are hypocrites who come to propagate their own faith in an in-direct way "I have seen that"

To be honest, I cant imagine IslamicBoard without those sincere non-Muslims who come to seek knowledge honestly even if they don't have any intention to revert. They along with new reverts always ask some questions that us born Muslims had never thought about which made me go and search to find the answer hence strengthen my faith, so I am very thankful to them :)

What is the point of a non-muslim being here if he or she isn't gonna become muslim.
The same as why someone like me "non_Christian" be in few Christians forums

al Iskander
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM

There is unanimity of 4 schools and all the learned Sunnites recognized to forbid marriage of a Moslem with a non-Muslim , but the Coran authorizes the marriage of a Muslim with a woman of the Book .

The intention of the Dawa is praiseworthy but it does not authorize this marriage because nothing guarantees that the husband will follow the religion after the marriage and the experience demonstrates that the men converted with the aim of the marriage had not the same conviction as thoose who looked for the religion .

cat eyes
11-02-2009, 07:26 PM
thanks sister muslimah 81 and brother woodrow i would not marry a non muslim myself but i am just curious as to why there seems to be success stories around my area. basically a arabic man gave his daughter away to a non muslim whilst he was studying about islam at the mosque and they got married, he then reverted from the help of her family so like i always wondered like why scholars can quickly say marry a non muslim girl and then no for the woman. Allah says marry those women from the scriptures. exactly when did the christcains start worshipping the cross with our prophet jesus pbuh crucified on it? you know what im saying because in the time of our beloved prophet mohammad pbuh i do not believe the injeel was that badly corrupted that they were worshipping idols. AND the prophet mohammad pbuh reverted the women BEFORE even thinking to marry them :statisfie

cat eyes
11-02-2009, 07:30 PM
:ooh: im going off topic sorry :nervous: this has nothing to do with the thread

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
im just saying, if anyone associates partners with god is not going to heaven. And you know that christians associate partners with God, which is a sin.
Relax, don't be offensive, and lead by example. You'll help them see the light. All you're doing right now is offending and aggravating non-Muslims.

Ar-RaYYan
11-02-2009, 10:57 PM
But aren't Muslim men allowed to marry People of the Book?
Yes muslim men are allowed but with certain conditions. Muslim women however aren't.

Raphael
11-03-2009, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
Yes muslim men are allowed but with certain conditions. Muslim women however aren't.
Yet another advantage of being male*. :D

* In memory of my thread, deleted callously on 1 November 2009.

GuestFellow
11-03-2009, 05:23 PM

It's not an advantage. It's a burden...

Danah
11-03-2009, 05:36 PM

Can you please stop mixing jokes with seriousness?

Raphael
11-03-2009, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
It's not an advantage. It's a burden...
Yes I guess you are right. There are a lot of criteria to fulfil.

zakirs
11-04-2009, 09:40 AM
People may think its an advantage.Let me point out to some complications that may arise due to it.

1)Both are not of same religion complications may arise when say putting up a poster or photo in the house.
2)Raising kids will be a big issue.In islam kids follow the religion of their father.But in most cases since mother raises them , they end up getting raised with according to mother's beliefs.
3) Prayer become a bit difficult as you are the lone guy practising Islam in house.
4) Then the problem of your wife asking your company to go to church...

So many complications you see..

aamirsaab
11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Kind reminder: get back to the topic - we already have a thread (or 2) discussing the marriage of non-muslims with muslims. Use the force I mean search function.

IAmZamzam
11-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Now what kind of unIslamic attitude to hold is that? Do I even have to cite the relevant verses to you? Does your own conscience itself not scream at such a comment as the one you've made?

Spread the truth to whom? The non-Muslims you don't want present? If they're not going to revert, as you say, there's no need to spread the truth to them because it's futile. If they are going to revert then there's also no need to spread the truth to them because they're already accepting it. Either way, what you're saying has no application whatsoever.

sirajstc
11-06-2009, 01:34 PM
we CAnt force them There is Allah SWT he knows best And Allah swt can give only hidayath :)

Santoku
01-17-2010, 10:16 AM
I am expanding my knowledge, learning about Islam and muslims. The best way to do this is to listen to you and find out how you think. This has resulted in a more accurate view of Islam and muslims than I would have found otherwise.

waqas maqsood
01-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Give them time.

I live in London for the past 10 years and I have Jewish and Christian (as well as atheist) acquaintance but can't convert them all to Muslim overnight.

My duty is only to provide knowledge them with knowledge and give da'wah. The rest is upto them; to change or not to change!

Rabi Mansur
01-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Do you think this forum has helped you understand Muslims?
Yes and no. Some of the posts have been a great learning experience. Others have left me confused and a bit disappointed.

________

waqas maqsood
01-18-2010, 02:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
Yes and no. Some of the posts have been a great learning experience. Others have left me confused and a bit disappointed.

________
Brother, this is your chance then. This is one of the reason why this forum was created (i think)... Fire away if you have any doubts

And inshallah, brothers and sisters will assist you with most appropriate solution with regards to knowledge and the islamic way of life...

You also mentioned that some post have left you disappointed. Im pretty concerned and surprise that you haven't raised it as an issue so that someone could have clarrified it for you. I can assure you it is just a misconception.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO CLEAR YOUR DOUBTS AND LEARN THE BEAUTY OF ISLAM!

PS. I am not putting categorising muslims and non-muslims because some of the knowledge can benefit not just non-muslims, but other muslims too..

Italianguy
01-18-2010, 04:22 AM
I think it is our duty as brothers and sisters in humanity, to learn more about one another. Learn about ones faith, culture ect., ect. We should have a better understanding of each other....no? As a Christian I am supoosed to pray for everyone, leaving no one out. I wanted to come to this site to learn more about what you believe and why. Is there a problem in that? I have come quite familiar with everyone here to a certain extent, but.....as a Christian I respect the fact that I am but a guest here, on an Islamic site. I do not try to convert anyone in any way. I have found a newfound respect for Islam and it's adherents (Muslims) and am continuinly learning more everyday.

Is this site based whole in part to convert me to Islam?

I guess the point is that we all (or I hope) will find a new respect for one another by way of informing each other about what we believe. I know I have.:D

Like I said....I will always know that I am just a guest in your home and I will do my best to respect that.

God be with all of you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.