/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Missing girl interested in Islam

Uthman
10-31-2009, 10:43 AM
A 14-year-old girl who has been missing for more than a month developed an interest in Islam before she disappeared, detectives have said.

Police said somebody in the Muslim community could be putting up Sarah Dunn, from Leintwardine, Herefordshire.

Sarah has not been seen since 28 September, when she went missing during a trip to Bridgnorth, Shropshire.

West Mercia Police said it was "fairly certain" she was in the Smethwick and Dudley area of the West Midlands.

At a press conference, her parents appealed for her to get in touch.
Speaking last week, her mother Catherine said: "Let me know that you are okay.

"Just give me a ring or make contact in whatever way you can.

"There are lots of people out there with your best interests at heart, looking for you to make sure that you are safe and well."

No money

West Mercia Police said CCTV footage showed she had also been in Wellington, Shropshire, at about 1610 BST on the day she went missing.

"We are particularly appealing to the Asian community who may have a white female associating with them," a force spokesman said.

Sarah did not have any cash or a mobile phone on her when she went missing.

She is described as white, 5ft 2in tall and slim, with dyed black, medium-length hair.

She was last seen wearing white jeans, a white T-shirt with a thick black and white jacket and ballet shoes.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
10-31-2009, 04:13 PM
I saw this news in today's newspaper.^o)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-31-2009, 04:27 PM
:sl:

And what exactly are they trying to imply? :/

GuestFellow
10-31-2009, 04:32 PM
^

I have no idea...I hope she is safe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Me too InshaAllah..

Woodrow
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Let us not read too much in this and make it a racist issue. There is no implication of any accusations of any wrong doing. Seems to be just a reporting of what is known in a manner the girl can be easily found

I relate very close to this story. Not long back, shortly after I reverted to Islam my family had a similar but reverse situation. One of my grand daughters, who was raised Muslim, decided she wanted to become Christian. My grand daughter inherited predominately oriental features from our Mongol (Lietuva Lipkas)ancestors and most people took here for being Chinese. Anyhow she had numerous Mexican friends in Dallas and did spend a lot of time in the Mexican Barrios. We suspected when she ran away she had gone to live in one of the Barrios.

The newspaper story was very similar to that one except it was worded as an Oriental girl was believed to be in the Mexican community seeking information about Christianity. The story reads almost like the story of my Grand daughter, just a reverse version. If the paper had not stated, oriental girl, in a Mexican neighborhood, she might not have been noticed or not recognised as the girl in the paper.

Fortunately all ended well. A Mexican family had taken her in and when they read the story they contacted my daughter. They turned out to be very nice people with no bias against Islam. After a week or so she returned home of her own free will and stayed with Islam.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-31-2009, 07:46 PM
^^I'm not sure who said anything about racism?

Btw, my question was a genuine question..

Woodrow
10-31-2009, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^I'm not sure who said anything about racism?

Btw, my question was a genuine question..

Which is why this was not a reply to any of your posts.

I saw the Head lines and thought it would be best to nip things in the bud in te event somebody does not read beyond the headline or the thread title.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-01-2009, 04:58 AM
I know I just wanted to throw that bit in there :)

JazakAllah Khair.

Supreme
11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I hadn't heard about this.

I'll pray she's safe.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.