/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Too Judgemental, too arrogant

AnonymousPoster
10-31-2009, 12:21 PM
:sl:
My dearest brothers and sisters, i just found out recently that i am too judgemental, i judge people on their deen,tel,telling who's the bad and good guy, i have become very shamefull of myself, i learned it is a kind of arrogance, i read this hadith which says that anyone who has of an atomsized weight of arrogance will not go to heaven. This devestated me, i feel despair these days. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of arrogance? You would be so helpfull if you did.:cry:

:wa:

May Allah have mercy with all of us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
10-31-2009, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
My dearest brothers and sisters, i just found out recently that i am too judgemental, i judge people on their deen,tel,telling who's the bad and good guy, i have become very shamefull of myself, i learned it is a kind of arrogance, i read this hadith which says that anyone who has of an atomsized weight of arrogance will not go to heaven. This devestated me, i feel despair these days. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of arrogance? You would be so helpfull if you did.:cry:

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, your concerns show that you have imaan (faith) because imaan is when a person is happy with their good deeds but unhappy with their bad deeds.

My brother it is not too late to change ourselves and the way we are towards others aswell as the way we view others. We should always think of ourselves as worser sinners than other Muslims therefore ALWAYS repenting and seeking the mercy of Allah and being hopeful of forgiveness.

We should also always bare in mind that ONLY Allah knows who is better than the other. Maybe that person may have done something that pleased Allah so so much that their ranks were raised in Allah's eyes and maybe we have done something to displease Allah so so much that our ranks were lowered in Allah's eyes. We just do not know that is why we should think of ourselves as having the lowest of ranks so that we ALWAYS try to improve ourselves and make ourselves better people.

It is shaythan who tries to decieve us into thinking that we are better than others and to be judgemental of others. It is shaythan who thought he knew better than Allah that is why he refused to prostrate to Adam (As) because he thought "i am made of fire whereas he is made of clay so i am better than him". So it was his arrogance that banished him from Jannah and cast him into jahannam forever.

So we should ALWAYS think ONLY Allah knows who is better and when we see others then let us think we are worse sinners than us because that may likely be the case only Allah knows but we should NEEVR think that we are better because we don;t know how they have or how they will spend their lives. It is not for us to decide who's better and who's worse in the eyes of Allah!

So my brother let us focus on ourselves and let us focus on improving ourselves everyday and let us at the end of each day reflect on how we did for that day and think of ways of improving ourselves so that we can be better people tomorrow. Please remember me in your dua's, Allah hafiz

IbnAbdulHakim
10-31-2009, 04:03 PM
well i see it this way sis

hate the SIN

not the SINNER

as long as you can do that, you can easily CONDEMN the evil whilst staying humble

Rasema
11-02-2009, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Same problem here. Try to remember Allah when you're about to judge someone. There is a great reward if you make you're character good.Just practice.Allah loves those who repent, so always repent.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-02-2009, 02:03 AM

It is a very common short-coming that is shared by nearly all of us who call ourselves humans. It is one of the prices we pay for having free will and it is one of our own shatans we all have in our thoughts. We can be our own worse shaytans and to defeat these inner thoughts is one of the hardest tasks we face in the greater Jihad.

The first step is to realise we have such attitudes. This is a time when we can learn from our errors and think back to the times when we were proven wrong. Often we can gain more by being called down because of our errors, than by being praised for when we are correct.

The first step in nuturing humility is to realize, we too make errors. We also need to give other people the right to make errors and if we correct them to correct them gently. Always remember that when we correct some one today, that same person may be the one to correct us tomorrow. Only correct somebody in the manner you want them to correct you, as one day they will correct you as you corrected them.

always ask for sabr in your Du'as and remember Allaah(swt) has endless patience with us and we should try to share that patience with those we grow inpatient with.

noorseeker
11-02-2009, 02:12 AM
I wanted to post this a few days ago , i was worried since i started practising that i became the haram police, its just my eyes catch all the halal and haram all the time

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.