/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam! Back again.. to make a difference.

Alim Apprentice
10-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Salams to my fellow friends here :)

I'm back after two years, been quite busy with studies. InsyAllah I'll be graduating from International Islamic University Malaysia next month and jump into the telecom industry.

When I first joined, I hoped to have started some serious discussions regarding reviving the interest of science and technology among Muslims, because I strongly believe that S&T would be the main catalyst to revive the Ummah.. within the purview of knowledge anyway.

Of course, before I could do that (and after a few dozen meaningless posts) I went AWOL ;)

I do not know the exact demographics of this forum, though I know its a mix of young and old. I strongly believe that we should pool together our skills and knowledge in our respective disciplines and actually create some plans and frameworks on how we can contribute to the Ummah. Whether one is from the Islamic studies field, the media field, the business... anyone can contribute.

There are many Islamic forums out there, but perhaps Islamic Board can be a focal point in which ideas can be fleshed out, and can actually make an impact for the Ummah.

Perhaps a dedicated section of this forum where IB committees can discuss issues, proposals, etc. Out of all the discussions, there is a chance that a viable idea can be actually implemented practically for the Ummah!

Possible things to discuss:
- Creating holistic Islamic education system. What kind of courses should be taught and using what material?
- Implementing Islamic values within businesses?
- Creating Islamic software (like the ones done at the MPDAC website)
- Inventing devices that can assist Muslims in their Ibadah
- I remember a sort of Islamic-anime art website a while back. Perhaps we can pool together artists and designers in this forum to create Islamic content?

We know that there exist countless of government based Islamic standing committees (*cough* OIC *cough*), but virtually all of them leave out the voices and ideas of the Muslims in the public. Bureaucracy will continuously inhibit progress.

There is quite a multitude of discussions and debates in the forum, but lets go one step beyond that. I believe its time to work together, and shift "talk" into "action"!

:shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-01-2009, 08:37 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Alim Apprentice
Salams to my fellow friends here :)

I'm back after two years,

Welcome back :statisfie

I believe its time to work together, and shift "talk" into "action"!

eek I am very lazy ; What action do u have for a lazy sis ? :hiding:

Alim Apprentice
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks, sister.

Haha, depends on your passion and skill. Are you from a specific field? I think whatever we are good at, we can use it for the betterment of the Ummah. Of course, aside from being good at lazying around! :p

Asiyah3
11-01-2009, 05:54 PM
salaamun aleykum

I think it might also be interesting to do a thread about improving Islam outside Islamic countries, if there already isn't one.

This just came to my mind since I saw a program today in which they were talking about this.

Sorry, I apologize for changing the subject in your thread

Anyway, I would gladly take part in this if I can be of help.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alim Apprentice
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Wasalam sister.

Yes, thats a great idea. The Ummah does encompass Muslims everywhere, so I suppose we should not limit it to Islamic countries only. I don't know if there is an existing centralized thread (not an active one, at least). Perhaps you can start it and present some of your ideas, as well as share what you learnt in that program you saw?

Strzelecki
11-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Wa 3alaikum salaam brother Alim Apprentice.
Welcome back to the forums.

Insha'Allah you have a beneficial stay here.

May Allah (swt) protect you and us all. Ameen.

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
I probably wasn't here when you were, but welcome back!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.