/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer times.

Italianguy
11-01-2009, 12:42 AM
I see allot of debate upon all the Abrahamic faiths, of wich time, how many times and the correct way to pray. I have been taught, and you may disagree, (thats okay). That prayer should always be heartfelt and meaningfull, that prayer should have meaning, prayer should be for others wellbeing(Muslim pray for Christians, Christians pray for Muslims, both pray for Jewish ect., ect.) But a prayer means nothing if it is not heartfelt, i would say that praying without meaning and conviction of the heart would be a sin.

Therefore we all should be in constant prayer throughout the day, not just certain times. Now i am not saying we should skip or change the ways or time each of our respective faiths teach us, but we should add to our prayer more time, constantly praying for others, all day.

Some may call me crazy(they have because they think i'm talking to myself) but i am not. I am in costant prayer all day long. The second I open my eye's, as i am driving to work, while i am at work, for my employees and their family, for the business(i own) for my clients and their familys, before and after every meal, before during and after i read the Bible(for you Quran)
and before i go to sleep(never falling asleep during) and i don't just do this certain times a day, I do this all day.

I love each and every one of you! And i pray for all each day.
God bless!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Just to clarify something you probably know. When we speak of the 5 daily Prayers, we speak of the Salat which corresponds somewhat to the Catholic concept of an obligatory mass. What we call Du'a and/or Supplications are closer to the English definition of prayer. It that sense we are to consider all we do, think or say as being a prayer. We are to be in constant prayer and be mindful that what we do should be to praise or thank Allaah(swt)

Italianguy
11-01-2009, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Just to clarify something you probably know. When we speak of the 5 daily Prayers, we speak of the Salat which corresponds somewhat to the Catholic concept of an obligatory mass. What we call Du'a and/or Supplications are closer to the English definition of prayer. It that sense we are to consider all we do, think or say as being a prayer. We are to be in constant prayer and be mindful that what we do should be to praise or thank Allaah(swt)

AMEEN to that!

Italianguy
11-01-2009, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
AMEEN to that!
BTW, can you define Du'a for me? Is that the Arabic word for prayer or equivalent? Just asking, i really wan't to learn Arabic. I think it is a beautiful language.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-01-2009, 01:33 AM
BTW, can you define Du'a for me? Is that the Arabic word for prayer or equivalent? Just asking, i really wan't to learn Arabic. I think it is a beautiful language.
Du'a is often translated as prayer. But it is not a specific prayer it is freely worded from our heart. Often very spontanious or in response to a plea from somebody. For example a person may ask us to make Du'a for him/her that an upcoming marriage be blessed. We might answer "May this be the happiest day of your life to date and Allaah(swt) l grant you even more happiness for each day there after. Inshallah"

Or we may have some thing wonderfull happen to us and we might say "Mashallah, Alhamdullillah, Allaah(swt) truly is Rahmanir Raheem"

(Allaah(swt)'s will was done, Glory to Allaah(swt) Allaah(swt) truly is the provider and the most Merciful)

Italianguy
11-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the better understanding. God bless

Iris
11-01-2009, 04:02 PM
I see allot of debate upon all the Abrahamic faiths, of wich time, how many times and the correct way to pray. I have been taught, and you may disagree, (thats okay). That prayer should always be heartfelt and meaningfull, that prayer should have meaning, prayer should be for others wellbeing(Muslim pray for Christians, Christians pray for Muslims, both pray for Jewish ect., ect.) But a prayer means nothing if it is not heartfelt, i would say that praying without meaning and conviction of the heart would be a sin.

Therefore we all should be in constant prayer throughout the day, not just certain times. Now i am not saying we should skip or change the ways or time each of our respective faiths teach us, but we should add to our prayer more time, constantly praying for others, all day.

Some may call me crazy(they have because they think i'm talking to myself) but i am not. I am in costant prayer all day long. The second I open my eye's, as i am driving to work, while i am at work, for my employees and their family, for the business(i own) for my clients and their familys, before and after every meal, before during and after i read the Bible(for you Quran)
and before i go to sleep(never falling asleep during) and i don't just do this certain times a day, I do this all day.

I love each and every one of you! And i pray for all each day.
God bless!
That's really nice!

Like woodrow mentioned, duaas(general prayers) and dhikhr[remembrance of Allah by saying words like Alhamdulillah and SubhanAllah(all praise is for Allah)] is also something we do all day. Some duaas are short Arabic sentences that we say before eating, before entering toilet etc etc and other duaas are just prayers, when we sit down and talk to Allah after "salaat" (or any other time of the day).

Salaat are the obligatory(Fardh) five prayers a day, done at their specific times and in a specific manner, as prescribed to us by the Prophet PBUH.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.