/* */

PDA

View Full Version : websiteaholic

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 01:03 AM
I have a rare disease... websiteaholic. I am so addicted to purchasing domains etc, it's almost embarrassing. Actually... It IS embarrassing. Yet, I have no control over myself. Before completing one website, I quickly rush over to another new one. And thus, the cycle continues. Now, I sit with almost 40 incomplete websites.

I thought up one solution... which was looking for managers. I've only found two thus far, and I am yet on the hunt for more interested people.

But what other solutions do I have?

One kind brother suggested I leave the incomplete websites on one side, and take the complete websites on another. I then prioritize and work one by one.

Please advise. imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
11-01-2009, 01:17 AM
:threadapp:

I could use an answer for this as well.

Woodrow
11-01-2009, 01:18 AM
If memory serves me right tere once was a book titled "Good uses, for our bad habits' I think I once read it.

Anyhow the point being is to take this and turn it into a positive think instead of a bad impulse that controls you.

Take control and set a purpose and use for what you now have. Ithink the first step is to take half of them and reserve them as full back ups ot the other half. Now divide that half into fourths concentrate on each fourth being for specific types of topics.

Select one of thse and work hard on the 4 or 5 that are in that group. Concentrate only on those and no others until you have what you want the to be. Then copy each one to your reserved back up sites and publsh that group. Only then continue with another group etc.

It might be impossible for a man to eat a whole elephant, but he can do it if he only concentrates on one bite at a time.

ahmed_indian
11-01-2009, 10:16 AM
salaam,
whts the purpose of buying websites?

just leave it for 2-4 months. inshallah, the addiction will become weak. y not use that money for good purposes like spreading Islam or charity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mahi
11-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Send some over to me haha

I know that this is a problem for many new webmasters because at first we have a concept and idea that's great, but the execution doesn't live up to that and we don't get what we intended, such as big hits and audience. Then suddlenly the enthusiasm for that site dissappears and we move on to the next big thing, but it just suffers the same fate.

So my advice is:
1) When thinking up concepts, buying domains, making the website, think that is it really worth it? Does the site you want to create have something unique?
2) Be Sure to have a firm idea on how you will create that website. Such as will you use a free script or what, and make sure to check it fits your budget and time.
3) Be Sure to have an idea how you will market/get your website known! Too many times we create good concepts but fail at the marketing. Have a good plan for marketing, as marketing is a LOT more important than anything else.

So basically, have a rough but good plan on what you'll do, so when it comes to doing it you know your stuff. Don't have an excessive plan, a brief note like plan is better. It also depends on what type of site you're making, but you may want to make some notes on future revenue streams for the site.

Also, if you have incomplete websites/domains, sell them off? If you have any decent domains, here are some good places to sell:
http://www.sedo.co.uk/
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/
http://www.dnforum.com/

zakirs
11-01-2009, 11:04 AM
All of you make sure that whenever you plan to buy a website or something.Make sure YOU HAVE A UNIQUE IDEA.

or atleast your product/website should have some niche market to cater for which isn't catered by any of the existing products.

And concentrate on 2-3 websites and make them awesome , rather than making 40 of them of which none is popular.

AabiruSabeel
11-01-2009, 01:16 PM
:sl:

MashaAllah, 40 websites! The brothers above have given you some good advice.

You can also PM our Admin bro Rashad, he owns a few good websites and he might be able to help you handle them.

AlHoda
11-01-2009, 07:43 PM
That's not an addiction to be worried about, surely not embarresing. I,myself have absolutly no clue how to make a website. Maybe you could help in a uni-assignment where i have to make a website, later on this year.
MAy Allah give you strenght

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!