/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving & Expanding knowledge

Samiun
11-01-2009, 10:24 AM
:sl:

Hello brothers and sisters. I will discuss about this problem I face today which is giving and expanding knowledge.

As you all know, giving is a good thing in Islam meaning that it's good to be followed. The problem is, it's hard for me to GIVE knowledge. It feels like something important is going away and by keeping it, I feel comfortable. I really need help in this problem I really do...

It happens to me everyday.When I go to school, I ask my self, should I or not tell him/her about this and that etc2.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samiun
11-02-2009, 07:10 AM
I guess I'm too afraid of someone to be better in than me in something. I just feel I will be the best of the best :(

Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2009, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl:

Hello brothers and sisters. I will discuss about this problem I face today which is giving and expanding knowledge.

As you all know, giving is a good thing in Islam meaning that it's good to be followed. The problem is, it's hard for me to GIVE knowledge. It feels like something important is going away and by keeping it, I feel comfortable. I really need help in this problem I really do...

It happens to me everyday.When I go to school, I ask my self, should I or not tell him/her about this and that etc2.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my brother i hope you are well.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever calls others to guidance will have a reward like that of those who follow it, without that detracting from their reward in the slightest. And whoever calls others to misguidance will have a burden of sin like that of those who follow it, without it detracting from their burden in the slightest.”

Narrated by Muslim (2674)

It was narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever sets a good precedent in Islam will have the reward for that and the reward of those who do it after him, without that detracting from their reward in the slightest. And whoever sets a bad precedent in Islam will bear the burden of sin for that, and the burden of those who do it after him, without that detracting from their burden in the slightest.”

Narrated by Muslim (1017)

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: These two ahaadeeth clearly encourage us to set good precedents and forbid setting bad precedents. The one who sets a good precedent will have a reward like that of everyone who follows it until the Day of Resurrection, and the one who sets a bad precedent will have a burden of sin like that of everyone who follows it until the Day of Resurrection. The one who calls others to right guidance will have a reward like that of those who follow it, and the one who calls others to misguidance will have a burden of sin like that of those who follow it, whether this guidance or misguidance is something that he initiated or it was started before him, and whether that is by teaching knowledge, acts of worship, etiquette or anything else.

The words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “those who do it after him” mean: if he sets the precedent, whether they do it during his lifetime or after his death.

Sharh Muslim (16/226, 227)

It was narrated that Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who tells another about something good is like the one who does it.”

Narrated by Muslim (1893)

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who tells others about something good is like the one who does it.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2670);

Similarly it is said that the one who tells others about something bad will have a burden of sin like the one who does it.

Al-Manaawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The one who ponders this meaning and is blessed with guidance will be motivated to learn and will be encouraged to spread knowledge so that his reward may be multiplied during his life and after his death in perpetuity, and he will refrain from introducing innovations and evils, for they will multiply his bad deeds in the manner mentioned, so long as anyone acts upon it. So let the Muslim ponder this meaning, the blessings of the one who tells others about good things and the doom of the one who tells others about bad things.

Fayd al-Qadeer (6/127).

And Muslim (1893) narrated from Abu Mas’ood al-Ansaari (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who tells another about something good is like the one who does it.”

If a Muslims gives some advice about the adhkaar for morning and evening, for example, and sends it to a hundred people by text message, and many of them follow his advice, then he will have a great reward for that.

So whoever we spread a certain knowledge of Islam to even if its hunderds or even thousands of people, then we will get the reward for ALL the people who have actually done it and follows it.

We may give one small piece of Islamic knowledge to someone and Allah may open up their hearts and give them guidance and we would then recieve reward for EVERYTHING they do until they die. Subhanallah

This is all proof that we should spread as much knowledge of Islam as possible but also try our best to act upon it aswell.

Here are MANY VERY rewarding good deeds that we can spread to as many people as possible so that we may get the reward if they act upon it:

Forty Very Easy, Quick & Rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50628

Nafl Salaahs to Pray Everyday

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49289

10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40459

Samiun
11-06-2009, 01:16 PM
What if we spread something that isn't related in Islam and its not a bad thing either?

Like, spreading knowledge about math methods.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-06-2009, 01:34 PM
What if we spread something that isn't related in Islam and its not a bad thing either?

Live a full halal life keep all things you do halal. Avoid all that is haram and in doing so you will by example be spreading knowledge of what im means to be Muslim.

By doing that, you will be giving knowledge of Islam, no matter what subject you are giving knowledge about.

Hamza Asadullah
11-06-2009, 02:48 PM

Asalaaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, if your intention is to help others by explaining a matter to them to do with education or other worldy matter JUST for the pleasure of Allah then you will be rewarded for it inshallah but if your intention it is to hide knowledge for your own gain and greed then that is not a good intention for one to have because if Al Jabr hid his mathematical methods then how would we know about Algebra today?

It is good to help others and doing so for the pleasure of Allah is rewarding and one would rather get rewarded and please Allah rather than hide knowledge and not help others just for our own selfish gains.

To help a Muslim in some important work and to do it for his sake or to remove his troubles and worries is an act which has been promised much reward by the Prophet.

Abdullah bin Omar said that our Holy Prophet (Pbuh) said, “'One who helps someone in his need, Allah helps him in his work, and one who removes any worry or trouble of any Muslim, Allah, in return, removes anyone of his worries on the Day of Judgment'. (Abu Daud, Kilab-al-Adab, Bad-al-Muvakhat)

Telling someone the way, sharing someone's load or helping him with it, and all other acts of public service are included in the acts defined by this hadith. "Those who help others are truly much blessed," as the hadith says, “Best people are those who are useful to others.”

Hence all occasions of service, big or small, must be sought for; this increases one's merits.

Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.