/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a baby that i didn't want.

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 03:29 PM
I am really looking for the best and most suitable advice, so please help me here. It's a very sensitive issue for me as well.

I'm 18 years old. A couple of days ago, i found out that i could be 4-5 weeks pregnant (it has still not been confirmed by a doctor), and in those few days, it has changed my entire outlook on life.
I am now suffering the punishment of the biggest mistake i have made in my wholee life and i know that all i can do now is repent and keep asking Allah (swt) for forgiveness in the hope that He will, and change myself for the better.
I was given advice that i cannot go ahead with an abortion as it is considered as murder in Islam at any stage of pregnancy. I have also been advised that marriage during a womens pregnancy will be considered as invalid.
However, i cannot tell my parents or family because i am SO scared of upsetting them. I really don't know what to do and i am afraid of what is going to happen. Please, please make dua for us. I really, really hope that the Almighty will be able to forgive us somehow.

I am getting a lot of support from my OH and some of his family (he will tell his parents once it is confirmed) and also some close friends. I'm also in education at university, living away from my family home. (We're both Muslim).
So far, i'm trying to take everything positively as it is not the baby's fault and i will have to do whatever it takes, i really am not a bad person. Although, sometimes i feel so depressed and worried that i'm not so certain anymore on what to do, how to react and even sometimes i contemplate on keeping the baby or not... imsad .

I have realised that what i have done was a very big mistake and i am ready to face the consequences but i just cannot face my family or tell them.
This is very hard. Please advise me further if you can. imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
11-01-2009, 03:51 PM
:sl:

Sister, you are in my du'as. May Allah strengthen your heart and Have mercy on your soul.
:hug:

mariyyah
11-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Alaikoum Asslam ,

Sister what you have done called zina and it is the biggest sin and it is haram , First of all repent forgood AND FOREVER to ALLAH SWT and hope INSHALLAH ALLAH SWT forgive you

Second dont tell your family anything about it especially if you are in an other country far from them because you will damage them and you could cause a big problem and health problems to them as well

Third talk to your OH to marry you as soon as possible in the islam you are allowed to marry and there is no evidence about during pregnency women shouldnt marry that wrong so marry him as soon as possible baby should have a father and after that tell your family that you get marry because you need protection from zina and haram and im sure they will be very happy any parents are happy that their daughters or sons get married so please go ahead and be brave and ALLAH SWT with you and INSHALLAH ALLAH SWT forgive you AMEEN

Caller الداعي
11-01-2009, 03:57 PM
may Allah open an easy way for u and forgive u !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I am really looking for the best and most suitable advice, so please help me here. It's a very sensitive issue for me as well.

I'm 18 years old. A couple of days ago, i found out that i could be 4-5 weeks pregnant (it has still not been confirmed by a doctor), and in those few days, it has changed my entire outlook on life.
I am now suffering the punishment of the biggest mistake i have made in my wholee life and i know that all i can do now is repent and keep asking Allah (swt) for forgiveness in the hope that He will, and change myself for the better.
I was given advice that i cannot go ahead with an abortion as it is considered as murder in Islam at any stage of pregnancy. I have also been advised that marriage during a womens pregnancy will be considered as invalid.
However, i cannot tell my parents or family because i am SO scared of upsetting them. I really don't know what to do and i am afraid of what is going to happen. Please, please make dua for us. I really, really hope that the Almighty will be able to forgive us somehow.

I am getting a lot of support from my OH and some of his family (he will tell his parents once it is confirmed) and also some close friends. I'm also in education at university, living away from my family home. (We're both Muslim).
So far, i'm trying to take everything positively as it is not the baby's fault and i will have to do whatever it takes, i really am not a bad person. Although, sometimes i feel so depressed and worried that i'm not so certain anymore on what to do, how to react and even sometimes i contemplate on keeping the baby or not... imsad .

I have realised that what i have done was a very big mistake and i am ready to face the consequences but i just cannot face my family or tell them.
do not even consider abortion if the brother is going to tell his parents if he was going to abandon you it would be a different story. is he going to marry you then after the kid is born? what plans has he made after he got his 5mints bit of pleasure with you??

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
what plans has he made after he got his 5mints bit of pleasure with you??
You might think that's funny, but it's kind of rude tp put it that way.

Anyways, the plan is to get married after the birth, Inshallah.
I am not sure of the sources that state that a marriage is invalid during pregnancy... anyone else?

I am very lucky that he is being supportive about this.
However, we have decided that i do not let my parents know. Maybe when i'm married and i am the responsibility of my husband, they might take the news easier. Right now, they are not ready to cope. Although, i don't think they will ever forgive me...

glo
11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Greetings, anon

I am glad you are getting support from your partner and his family.
This must have come as a shock to you, and it will need some adjustment.

Take care of yourself and your baby. Eat well, sleep well, take light exercise.
Pray and spend time with God.

I hope all goes well for you.

cat eyes
11-01-2009, 04:14 PM
You might think that's funny, but it's kind of rude tp put it that way.

Anyways, the plan is to get married after the birth, Inshallah.
I am not sure of the sources that state that a marriage is invalid during pregnancy... anyone else?

I am very lucky that he is being supportive about this.
However, we have decided that i do not let my parents know. Maybe when i'm married and i am the responsibility of my husband, they might take the news easier. Right now, they are not ready to cope. Although, i don't think they will ever forgive me...
i apologize sister. didn't mean to be blunt

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
i apologize sister. didn't mean to be blunt

You can be blunt and not rude at the same time :embarrass lol. It's ok.

cat eyes
11-01-2009, 04:23 PM
You can be blunt and not rude at the same time :embarrass lol. It's ok.
but you should speak with a scholar to see whether the two of you should get married now sis thats what i would do if i was put in that situation because the sad truth is usually the type of men who sleep with a girl before marriage do not stick around for to long. of course i am nobody to judge but that sometimes dose happen the guy finds another girl to marry and abandons her so i honestly think you should go straight to a scholar and find out whether you are entitled to marry him or not

ardianto
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
we have decided that i do not let my parents know.
You are their daughter, sister. Your parents must know everything that happened with you. Good news or bad news.

Maybe when i'm married and i am the responsibility of my husband, they might take the news easier.
If you tell your parents now, they must be angry. But if you tell your parents after you have kid, they must be very very very angry.

Right now, they are not ready to cope.
They must be ready, they always ready.

Although, i don't think they will ever forgive me...
Believe me, soon or later they will forgive you.

I am really sorry sister, if my advice is different than other member. But that is because I am a parent.

glo
11-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree with ardianto.
I would be heart-broken if my daughter kept her pregnancy secret from me. :cry:

However hard the truth may be, it would ultimately be harder not to have been told at all!

ژاله
11-01-2009, 04:54 PM
purely islamically speaking, are the kids supposed to tell their parents their mistakes?
if you are not required to tell your parents about this, may be what you could do is to have the baby, then tell your parents you are getting married to that guy, hide the baby may be at the home of his paternal grand parents, and especially if you are going to live in some other city after marriage, it can be covered. like suppose you are going to see them after 3 or 4 years. it wont be difficult to fake the childs age by one year. tell them hes 3 when hes actually 4.
this could be the most absurd and dumbest advice you might have ever had. but my dear sis, the point is whats done is done. its consequences cant be vanished. and if some cover can save you the embarrassment of your parents knowing about it, and save them immense grief, then isnt it worth it?

ardianto
11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
If you feel very hard to tell your parents, you can seek a help from your auntie or uncle or other relatives. Let them explain this situation to your parents.

And as a Muslim, in this situation, is better if you do shalaath tahajud in midnight and continue with du'a, wish Allah makes it easier for you.

Okay, niece ?. :)

Asiyah3
11-01-2009, 05:22 PM

I agree wit cat eyes, I think you should ask a scholar about your situation. It's a lot better if you get married now if it's possible. I think it's very unfare to hide your pregnancy from your parents just like bro Ardianto and Glo said.

Sister about abortion, don't even think about it for you will certainly be questioned for it . I've heard about how the aborted baby will come against his mother on the day of Judgement (it's literally horrible).

Ps. May Allah forgive you! Sorry but your deed is very ungrateful to the Lord of the Worlds, is this how you give thanks to him? Anyway Allah is the one to judge you. Alhamdulillah you have realized your sin.

I will make du'aa for you, sis. May Allah make it easy for you

happy
11-01-2009, 05:35 PM
sister may Allah make it easy for you. I don't have that many knowledge to advice you but don't give up Allah in hope. Maybe wake up in the miidle of the night and beg Allah for forgivennes. Also it is another sin so never think about abortion. Remember the main things is that this sin you did is between you and Allah and he will forgive you or punish you if he wills.Also marriage during a womens pregnancy will be considered as invalid and believe me your not bad person cuz there is hadith which mention everyone does sin but the best sinner is the one who seek forgiveness and Allah will not ask you why you did this sin but he will ask you why you did repent?

Finally. Keep making dua, have hope in Allah and seek Allah forgivness.

Danah
11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I think telling them now is better than later because things will get harder if you keep delaying it. and I am supporting brother ardianto point strongly

Make sure that you do everything rightly now starting from asking a scholar now about your situation ending to telling your parent about your pregnancy. I can imagine how shocked and heart broken your parent will be if you tell them that you are going to marry a man you already have a child from....sis I dont know where you are from but surly your parent will consider the culture and the people they are living among when they know what happened to their daughter which will put your parent in a very bad situation. Its not a pleasant situation for them at all.

I think the best thing to do is to get married now as soon as possible and tell them everything so you will avoid getting into troubles that you really dont need and you will also preserve the reputation of your family among their people. The same thing applies for your partner family I guess

I am sorry maybe I am a bit harsh on my post, but your problem have more than one hard side, you gotta think of all related issues to your matter if you want to reduce the damage to everyone related to the issue

May Allah forgive you and guide you to the right thing to do my dear sister

Hamza Asadullah
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my sister i commend you for coming out and sharing your sensative issues with us. Firstly let me take you to a similar question asked to a scholar about pregnancy resulting from fornication:

Q:) A relative of mine who is Muslim got his girlfriend pregnant. He is not planning to stay with her and she is not Muslim. He knows that if she has the baby- the baby will be raised as a non-Muslim and she does not come from a good family. He was trying to convince her to have an abortion but I told him an abortion is haram since there is no danger to the mother. He wants to know if he can convince her to have an abortion since he does not want the baby to be raised with her when and if they split. He is considering staying with her if she stays pregnant so the baby is raised as a Muslim. She is less than 3 weeks pregnant right now. The first question is: can he try to convince her to have an abortion so that the child is not raised as a non-Muslim if they split. And if he marries her before the baby is born, is the baby still considered illegitimate?

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

A:) Pregnancy due to illegitimate sexual intercourse is no excuse for carrying out an abortion. Islam condemns and rejects illicit sex and everything that leads to it. Allah Most High says:

“And do not come (even) close to adultery, for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils).” (Surah al-Isra, V: 32)

Islam has also laid down a legal punishment (hadd) for the one who is guilty of this grievous crime, so that it serves as a deterrent for others.

Thus, it would not be permitted to have an abortion due to unlawful sex, regardless of how old the pregnancy is. Abortion is not the Islamic solution to illegitimate sex resulting in pregnancy; rather, the solution is to eradicate means that lead to fornication. If the door is left open for aborting pregnancies that occur outside of wedlock, its consequences could be destructive.

An incident which took place in the time of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) sheds light on the Islamic viewpoint in this regard.

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Burayda (may Allah be pleased with him) narrates on the authority of his father…. “Then came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) a woman from Ghamid and said: “O Messenger of Allah! I have committed adultery, so purify me.” He (the Messenger of Allah) turned her away. On the following day she said: “O Messenger of Allah! Why do you turn me away? Perhaps, you turn me away as you turned away Ma’iz. By Allah, I have become pregnant.” He (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Well, if you insist upon it, then go away until you give birth to (the child).” When she delivered, she came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) with the child wrapped in a piece of cloth and said: “Here is the child whom I have given birth to.” He (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Go away and suckle him until you wean him.” When she had weaned him, she came to him with the child who was holding a piece of bread in his hand and said: “O Prophet of Allah! Here is the child, as I have weaned him and he eats food.

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) entrusted the child to one of the Muslims and then pronounced punishment. And she was put in a ditch up to her chest and he commanded people and they stoned her. Khalid ibn al-Walid came forward with a stone which he flung at her head and because of it blood spurted on the face of Khalid and so he cursed her. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) heard him (Khalid) cursing her, hence he said: “O Khalid, be gentle. By Him in Whose Hand is my life, she has made such a repentance that even if a wrongful tax-collector were to repent, he would have been forgiven. Then the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) gave order regarding her, hence he prayed over her and she was buried. (Sahih Muslim, no: 1695)

The above incident clearly illustrates that pregnancy due to illegitimate sexual intercourse cannot be terminated; rather it should be carried to term. Had aborting it been permissible, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) would have surely advised it to the woman.

If one was to read the Islamic literature with regards to penal law, it would become clear that the matter of legal punishment is not something that is to be taken lightly. A legal punishment (hadd) should be carried out as soon as possible, but despite this, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give peace) ordered her to wait until the child was born and started weaning. He could have advised her to abort the foetus in order for the legal punishment to be carried out sooner.

The above incident also points out to the fact that abortion due to illicit sex will be unlawful at all stages, whether the soul is blown into the foetus or otherwise. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) did not ask the woman as to how old was the pregnancy.

Moreover, the unborn baby in the mother’s womb is honoured and sacred, even though it may be a result of unlawful sex and adultery.

It is stated in the famous Hanafi Fiqh masterpiece, al-Hidaya:

“And the foetus (due to illegitimate sex) is (also) honoured, as it is not guilty of any wrongdoing, thus it will not be permissible to terminate it.” (2/292)

In other words, the unborn child in the mother’s womb has not committed any sin for its presence. Hence, it is surely a crime to abort it due to a sin committed by another person. It is inhumane and unjust that the unborn child has to pay the price for a sin committed by its parents- a sin which they desire to conceal from others. One individual cannot bear the burden of another, and every individual must bear his/her own responsibility, a fact outlined by the Qur’an.

Allah Most High says:

“No bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another.” (Surah al-Isra, V: 15)

Thus, it is clear with the above that abortion due to unlawful sexual intercourse cannot be justified. It will remain unlawful after and prior to the soul being entered into the foetus. (Taken from my up and coming publication Insha Allah, Birth Control and Abortion- The Islamic Perspective (Revised Edition)

The above explanation answers your first question, in that the brother must not insist or try and convince the non-Muslim girl in having an abortion. If she has an abortion on her own accord without him advising her, he would not be sinful. Merely the fear of the child being raised as a non-Muslim will not justify abortion. Guidance is in the hands of Allah Most High; hence one should leave this to Him. The brother, however, should also try his best to ensure the child is not raised as a non-Muslim, even if he does not end up staying with the girl.

The answer to your second question is that, firstly, marriage to a pregnant woman is permissible and also sexual intercourse if the impregnator himself is marrying. (Radd al-Muhtar, 3/48-49), provided the woman is a Muslim or a genuine Kitabi (from the people of the book).

Secondly, as far as the child is concerned, if the child is born six months or more after the time of marriage (nikah), paternity will be established and the child will be attributed to the husband. However, if the child is born before six months have elapsed, it will not be attributed to the husband. (Radd al-Muhtar, 3/49)

Therefore, I suggest that the brother should get the non-Muslim girl converted to Islam. She should be educated with the fundamental beliefs of Islam, and her conversion should not merely be a solution to the problem. After she genuinely and truly accepts Islam, he should marry her as soon as possible. You sate that she is less than three weeks pregnant; hence there is still time for the child to be considered legitimate. If the child is born six months or more after the time of marriage, the brother will be considered a legitimate father. In this way, he will also be able to ensure that the child has an Islamic upbringing.

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK.

Source:http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/aforn1.htm

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice, guidance and support.

Most people are saying that it is best that i let my parents know as they will not get as angry as they will be later on (after the birth).
I respect that view, but i wish it was so simple for me. My parents are not the type to sympathise and look after me in such way lol. The reason why i moved out for university and they didn't mind so much is because we could never relate to eachother and we rarely got along, their views of culture and tradition never fitted into mine. For them, me having a baby and making such a mistake will make them hurt and angry for the sake of their 'pride' and 'honour' and what the rest of society will say and do. They will most likely be in a position where they will be willing to do anything and i don't know what that 'anything' will be. Also, i don't want to place such a burden on them and the rest of my family.
Therefore, the children of parents and the parents of children in this forum will perhaps react very differently if this was ever their situation (God-forbid)and cannot imagine what it would be like any other way.

I have decided that i do not tell them till later, the reason for that is because i do not want them to feel as failures. I want to prove to them that i can be a good person. My other half is ready to get married to me after the birth of this child (with the acceptance of our parents) and (Inshallah) once that happens, i will become his responsibilty as his wife.
Perhaps then, my parents will not forgive me, but they will react differently and also feel that they do not have to distribute this news to whoever they are so worried about.

Danah
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Dear, yeah I agree with you, it's really hard to tell them now, but it's much more harder to tell them later.
I know parents don't act nicely in such situations. But they will act harder when they see the child in your arms.
All of what I hope now is that telling them later won't make things hard for you:)

Thank you everyone for your advice, guidance and support.

Most people are saying that it is best that i let my parents know as they will not get as angry as they will be later on (after the birth).
I respect that view, but i wish it was so simple for me. My parents are not the type to sympathise and look after me in such way lol. The reason why i moved out for university and they didn't mind so much is because we could never relate to eachother and we rarely got along, their views of culture and tradition never fitted into mine. For them, me having a baby and making such a mistake will make them hurt and angry for the sake of their 'pride' and 'honour' and what the rest of society will say and do. They will most likely be in a position where they will be willing to do anything and i don't know what that 'anything' will be. Also, i don't want to place such a burden on them and the rest of my family.
Therefore, the children of parents and the parents of children in this forum will perhaps react very differently if this was ever their situation (God-forbid)and cannot imagine what it would be like any other way.

I have decided that i do not tell them till later, the reason for that is because i do not want them to feel as failures. I want to prove to them that i can be a good person. My other half is ready to get married to me after the birth of this child (with the acceptance of our parents) and (Inshallah) once that happens, i will become his responsibilty as his wife.
Perhaps then, my parents will not forgive me, but they will react differently and also feel that they do not have to distribute this news to whoever they are so worried about.

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I will ask him to speak to a Scholar and i will consider marriage if it's an option.

Thank you also, brother Hamza81.

cat eyes
11-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I will ask him to speak to a Scholar and i will consider marriage if it's an option.

you would be making another sin by lying. check out bukhari hadiths the punishments for lying. the prophet mohammad pbuh said the liars will be residents of hell unless they repent. you would be making a life long lie if you were to lie about the age there grand child. do you know sister parents are not stupid especially a mother.

ژاله
11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
do you know sister parents are not stupid especially a mother.
you are right.:X that was stupid i know. :embarrass

Humbler_359
11-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry, I have to speak out. I am also parent who have a two year old son. It remind me alot of teens pregnants happening... :hmm:

I am disappointing that the way you are doing is not correct in zina. You are 18 years old and having a baby without marriage. You are away from family values and culture in which you are into western cultures, think sex is okay outside marriage for you at first place with a guy.

I am telling you, it is not going to be easy for you and your future husband, it will possible tear your apart later due to financial plans, family plans, marriages, family issues, support, more money and burden coming.

4-5 weeks is just starting...It will grow til 9 months. You will realize how big big responsible is.

It is up to you whether tell your parents or not. Be prepared for the worst. imsad

Sorry for being harsh!

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 06:20 PM
you would be making another sin by lying. check out bukhari hadiths the punishments for lying. the prophet mohammad pbuh said the liars will be residents of hell unless they repent. you would be making a life long lie if you were to lie about the age there grand child. do you know sister parents are not stupid especially a mother.
I'm considering it imsad.

ژاله
11-01-2009, 06:24 PM
^may Allah keep your secret, forgive you and save you from any undesirable consequences, Ameen.

zakirs
11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Sister,

Salams,

May Allah accept your repentance.I am sorry to hear about situation.What you have done is wrong.But its past pray for Allah's forgiveness.Thank god that your OH is ready to marry,Since marriage is only valid when womb is empty you should delay marriage till you give birth,

As another brother said, finances are going to be a big issue since child birth is not a small affair.So consider telling your parents if you are not financially independent.

Hope that your problems get solved :(.

Take care

Hamza Asadullah
11-01-2009, 06:40 PM

From the article i pasted for you previously it is apparent that you should marry this man AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and should not wait a minute more because you should be married to him at least 6 months before the birth as stated.

Sister i know you have done a big mistake and you are truly repentant and if you are truly sincere from your heart in your repentance then there is no reason why you can't be forgiven, but you should know that it is incumbant that you tell your family as soon as possible.

You could tell someone else to tell them or write to them or something so that maybe it can sink in for them for a while until you confront them but putting it off is not going to make this situation any better but it will make it MUCH worser in their eyes. From their perspective it is the worst thing in the world for a daughter to become pregnant from an illigitamate relationship but for a daughter to hide it until near the pregnancy that would make things 10 times worse! What is going to change with your parents situatuion if you tell them now?

Why put it off and make things worse for yourself? We have to try and put ourselves in their situation that if we were to have a daughter and our daughter was pregnant but decided not to tell us until near the pregnany or even after the pregnancy then how much worse would we feel?

Even though it is the hardest thing in the world to do it is better if you tell them now than later! As ive already stated you can tell someone else to tell them or write to them even but whatever you do make sure they find out and then you will have to talk to them on the phone and tell them properly what happened and then you can let it sink in for a while but whatever you do tell them my sister and marry this man as soon as you can if he is right for you and the child and if he has good character and would be a good husband to you who would fulfill your rights as a wife.

Also if you can then go to a local reliable scholar and share this issue with them. It is always better to get nasiha (Advice) from a scholar.

May Allah make your situation wasy for you and others in your siutation and may Allah keep us away from major sin. Ameen

ژاله
11-01-2009, 06:45 PM
^ i think only if children are islamically obliged to tell their parents about such thing, then the sister should. otherwise theres no need.
you know, when the sister says that her parents are like they could do anything to keep the honour, chances are they might kill her.(literally). and that happens in muslim cultures. at least in pakistan, its not not known of.

Ansariyah
11-01-2009, 07:13 PM

u have to tell ur parents, unless u fear for ur safety. Just be honest, wats done is done, u'll face the consequences of ur actions its not going to be easy but u cant hide this. 4that innocent unborn childs sake pls get married, sad thing is adults make mistakes but its always the child who will pay the biggest price. May Allah guide u & protect u ameen.

Hamza Asadullah
11-01-2009, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
^ i think only if children are islamically obliged to tell their parents about such thing, then the sister should. otherwise theres no need.
you know, when the sister says that her parents are like they could do anything to keep the honour, chances are they might kill her.(literally). and that happens in muslim cultures. at least in pakistan, its not not known of.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, so if your daughter decided never to tell you that she was pregnant illegitimately and one day you found out yourself that she has had a child for several years but never told you about it and when you confronted her about it she told you that she did'nt have to tell you because she was'nt obliged to then how would you feel?

Let us put ourselves in the position of parents then one would think very differently. Inshallah we will all be or are parents and we would NEVER want our daughters or sons NEVER tell us such as important thing as this just because they did'nt feel obliged to.

Yes they will be angry at the beginning and distraught and in pain like any parent would but in the end inshallah they will come to accept it and support her. In life we have to face the consequances of our actions. She has no other choice but to tell them because the longer she puts it off then the worse it will get.

Allah knows best

zakirs
11-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Sister do a Istikhara prayer ?

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-guidance.html

Raphael
11-01-2009, 08:42 PM
I know this is the "advise and support" section, but apart from Hamza81, almost everyone else has given off-the-cuff advise when they are in no position to. Everyone loves to give advise, without thinking through its implications. What if the sister takes the advise you give her, and it was inappropriate, will you take responsibility for its consequences?

A topic as large as this, with severe outcomes, should only be dealt with by a scholar, but also one with experience of such social scenarios. All scholars are not the same! Every case is different, and the best possible help would have been putting the sister in touch with a scholar, who can give her sound Islamic advise, as well as any support she may need.

I'm not defending what sister 'cat eyes' said, but I really don't think she was trying to be horrible to the OP. However the point she was trying to make absolutely stands! These are the real dangers of not thinking about the consequences of ones actions. It may not be applicable in this particular case, but these are the end products of free mixing. What practising person starts a path thinking that they will end up committing zina? Many may think this will never happen to them, or they have "gotten away with it", but if we are not punished in this world, then we are not of the lucky ones!

To the OP:

Sister everyone makes mistakes. Some are punished for it in this world, and some are not. Those that are punished for it in this world, and seek Allah's Mercy, will find it with her Lord in the Hereafter. How much better that is, than being punished in the grave, or in the fire!

Although it may not seem that way now, this could be a blessing in disguise for you, and never lose faith in Allah's Mercy. I can tell from your post that you are sincere. We are one ummah, and the believers are mirrors of one another. If my brother or sister is hurting, than so am I. I will pray 2 rakhas for you tonight inshAllah.

I won't pretend to know what you are going through, but you will never be alone. Even if the whole world abandons you, if you have faith, then you will always have Allah, and help will come from the most amazing, and unusual places!

Take good care of yourself inshAllah, and may Allah make your road easy for you.
Ameen.

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, so if your daughter decided never to tell you that she was pregnant illegitimately and one day you found out yourself that she has had a child for several years but never told you about it and when you confronted her about it she told you that she did'nt have to tell you because she was'nt obliged to then how would you feel?

Let us put ourselves in the position of parents then one would think very differently. Inshallah we will all be or are parents and we would NEVER want our daughters or sons NEVER tell us such as important thing as this just because they did'nt feel obliged to.

Yes they will be angry at the beginning and distraught and in pain like any parent would but in the end inshallah they will come to accept it and support her. In life we have to face the consequances of our actions. She has no other choice but to tell them because the longer she puts it off then the worse it will get.

Allah knows best

Brother, thank you so far for all of your support. I'm afraid you have to understand where Malaak is coming from. Different people have different views and approach things differently. My family are not in a position to sit and think of MY well-being. Unfortunately, we have all heard of the crazy stuff people in the world do, because the fact is, we are all simply different. You or I or somebody else might have the same approach if we put ourselves in the shoes of the parents but others may not. I think i have expressed that point enough?
However, i have decided that i must let my parents know. When i will let them know and how, i do not know. But, i don't think i can face them and i don't think they would want to keep in contact with me ever again.

Many have rasied the issue of "financial status", i live in England, i have spoken to a number of professional people who advised me that i should be getting a lot of financial support, especially as i am a young mother looking to continuing my education. My OH has also spoken to me about this saying he will support us. He is working at the moment.

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs

Thank you, i have been advised to do this. However, what is the important decision i am making? Telling my parents or not?...

Hamza Asadullah
11-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Brother, thank you so far for all of your support. I'm afraid you have to understand where Malaak is coming from. Different people have different views and approach things differently. My family are not in a position to sit and think of MY well-being. Unfortunately, we have all heard of the crazy stuff people in the world do, because the fact is, we are all simply different. You or I or somebody else might have the same approach if we put ourselves in the shoes of the parents but others may not. I think i have expressed that point enough?

However, i have decided that i must let my parents know. When i will let them know and how, i do not know. But, i don't think i can face them and i don't think they would want to keep in contact with me ever again.

Many have rasied the issue of "financial status", i live in England, i have spoken to a number of professional people who advised me that i should be getting a lot of financial support, especially as i am a young mother looking to continuing my education. My OH has also spoken to me about this saying he will support us. He is working at the moment.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, i myself am from a Pakistani background and i know how difficult it can be in our families with regards to marriage and issues like this but regardless of ethnicity this is still a very sensative and major issue in any Muslim family.

I would urge you to get in touch with a local reliable scholar as soon as you can so that you can get more clarity as to what your next steps should be especially in regards to marrying your OH as soon as you can because as was mentioned in the article in my first post the marriage should not be delayed until after the birth but should take place as soon as possible.

I know it is the hardest thing in the world for a Muslim daughter to tell her parents that she is pregnant illigitamatley but unfortunatley in life we have to face the consequances of our actions. There is no other way.

As ive already mentioned you should tell another member of your family whom you trust and can confide in so that they can tell your parents or you can even write to them but however you tell them don't delay it because the more you delay it the worse it will get.

I know in life when we are facing a major situation it is always easier to put it off and not think about it but what will that achieve? Putting it off will make it MUCH worse. Let them know somehow as soon as possible and then let it sit with them for a while and sink in. Trust me the sooner you tell them the sooner you will feel a big weight off your shoulders.

They will be very angry but Inshallah sooner or later or at some point they will come around.Go towards Allah now and continue to repent sincerely with all your heart and even cry to Allah to help you through this situation and these tough times.

May Allah make it easy on you and anyone else in a tough position. Ameen

YusufNoor
11-01-2009, 09:16 PM

amid all that is happening, let me ask a question. WHY are you waiting to get married?

if you didn't get pregnant BUT still had sex, marriage is the "cure" for that. you ARE 18, after all. the baby DOES complicate things, but the original problem is that you are having sex outside of marriage. the remedy is simple, nikkah.

NIKKAH, ASAP! ASAP! assuming your OH is the father, i've never seen a Hadeeth that would indicate that you had to wait.

you aren't a minor so there is NO REASON to tell your parents. MAYBE if you were left on your own. but if ALLAH helps you cover up a sin, keep it covered.

being a revert, my worry would be that your family would be more concerned about "their honor" than "your situation." Alhumdulillah, if i am wrong. and Astargfirrullah!

i must admit to being as surprised[or horrified] as anyone else that it was a Muslim sister who had to title a thread as such. don't be mad at those who can't "handle" the situation, it's not a common occurrence. at least not here.

:wa:

Hamza Asadullah
11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raphael
I know this is the "advise and support" section, but apart from Hamza81, almost everyone else has given off-the-cuff advise when they are in no position to. Everyone loves to give advise, without thinking through its implications. What if the sister takes the advise you give her, and it was inappropriate, will you take responsibility for its consequences?

A topic as large as this, with severe outcomes, should only be dealt with by a scholar, but also one with experience of such social scenarios. All scholars are not the same! Every case is different, and the best possible help would have been putting the sister in touch with a scholar, who can give her sound Islamic advise, as well as any support she may need.

I'm not defending what sister 'cat eyes' said, but I really don't think she was trying to be horrible to the OP. However the point she was trying to make absolutely stands! These are the real dangers of not thinking about the consequences of ones actions. It may not be applicable in this particular case, but these are the end products of free mixing. What practising person starts a path thinking that they will end up committing zina? Many may think this will never happen to them, or they have "gotten away with it", but if we are not punished in this world, then we are not of the lucky ones!

To the OP:

Sister everyone makes mistakes. Some are punished for it in this world, and some are not. Those that are punished for it in this world, and seek Allah's Mercy, will find it with her Lord in the Hereafter. How much better that is, than being punished in the grave, or in the fire!

Although it may not seem that way now, this could be a blessing in disguise for you, and never lose faith in Allah's Mercy. I can tell from your post that you are sincere. We are one ummah, and the believers are mirrors of one another. If my brother or sister is hurting, than so am I. I will pray 2 rakhas for you tonight inshAllah.

I won't pretend to know what you are going through, but you will never be alone. Even if the whole world abandons you, if you have faith, then you will always have Allah, and help will come from the most amazing, and unusual places!

Take good care of yourself inshAllah, and may Allah make your road easy for you.
Ameen.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, i agree with what you say that a lot of people in here don't "think before they write".

I think one should read what they are going to send twice before they press the send button just to be sure that it is appropriate. I also think that this section should be moderated more so that the questioner does not get misleading advice from innappropriate posts. Some advisors in here give advice that does more harm than good.

I do feel a lot of issues that are brought up in here should definatley be dealt with by scholars, however getting hold of a reliable scholar nowadays is very difficult and i think their should be more scholars who are easier to get in touch with so that the majority of people needing urgent advice can go to them rather than having to get their answers from lay people.

But for some people getting advice on the internet can be easier because they are anonymous but it does'nt come without its risks and it can be dangerous because someone may give the wrong advice and mislead the person.

I get disgusted when i see SO many Muslims going to yahoo answers to get advice on Islamic matters and on sensative issues like this. I read one question from yahoo answer similar to this case where a Muslim girl wanted advice what to do because she was pregnant from an illigitamate relationship and her family were very strict and she did'nt know what to do so she asked for advice on her situation.

What happens is that the person who asks the question has to at the end choose the best answer out of the lot and she chose the best answer from a non Muslim who advised her to run away from home!

I would urge anyone reading this to NEVER ask any question on an Islamic matter on yahoo answers because you will get the worst advice from there because of the fact it is open to all kinds of people including non Muslims who give very anti Islamic advice and can mislead a person greatly.

The problem is that a lot of people not only in this forum but a in a lot of forums seem to get all emotional an angry towards the sin doer who is asking for help and advice and come across is a condescending and derogatory manner making lewd unneccesary remarks which will not benefit anyone.

One should look at ones self and ones own household before judging others. Yes a lot of people do a lot of big mistakes but we are not here to put them down or to judge them but we are here solely for the pleasure of Allah to advise and support them.

So lets leave the judging to Allah and try our best to check again and again what kind of advice we are giving people in here because we would not want to mislead our brothers and sisters.

Hussein radi
11-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Is it me or are people starting to ignore the main topic due to personal disagreements?

zakirs
11-01-2009, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hussein radi
Is it me or are people starting to ignore the main topic due to personal disagreements?
I agree.lets not make this thread into a "I am right and I can lecture about who is wrong" thread lets stick to the topic.Cats eyes sis has apologised and lets just stop here.

@poster: Sister Istikhara on what to do next.To tell parents or not and in general about how to over come this issue.

Hamza Asadullah
11-01-2009, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
I agree.lets not make this thread into a "I am right and I can lecture about who is wrong" thread lets stick to the topic.Cats eyes sis has apologised and lets just stop here.

@poster: Sister Istikhara on what to do next.To tell parents or not and in general about how to over come this issue.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, its not about "i am right" as you saracastically put it, but its a reminder to all of us that we should have adab in discussion and not let our emotions take over because people who need advise and support are not here to be judged or to be victims of snide and derogatory remarks.

We should all think and review before we post. It was'nt pointed towards Cat eyes but in general as a reminder for all of us.We are only here for the pleasure of Allah so let us give advice and support accordingly. Jazakallah for reading.

tetsujin
11-02-2009, 02:12 AM
If you want an Islamic wedding, or the pretense of it, you need to tell your father/family and let them assist you in arranging everything.

Unless you want them to find out from another source that you hare hiding a marriage and a child.

Write it down, sit down on a saturday afternoon (or whenever you/they are together) and take a deep breath and do it.

Trust me, waiting to reveal things to your family eats you up like nothing else. You only have a few weeks to get everything (marriage) done if you wish to keep this amongst your closest family and friends.

Waiting longer than necessary is the worst option.

All the best,

Faysal

markislam
11-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Thank you, i have been advised to do this. However, what is the important decision i am making? Telling my parents or not?...

tell you parents they will get mad but will be cool in few months. dont hide things, it will be hard but just do it.

is this guy a muslim ?

cat eyes
11-02-2009, 02:38 PM
sis just reading through your first post again how do you mean it has not been confirmed by a doctor? a doctor would certainly be able to confirm it by a simple urine sample and the symtoms that you would get along with being pregnant like a missed period would be a first indicator or what ever else those doctors do nowadays would be able to tell you straight away whether your pregnant or not did you take a pregnancy test? clear blue is 99percent accurate and it can detect pregnancy hormones 3 or 4days after sexual intercourse so sis i am highly confused. are you even sure you are pregnant and its not the stress of thinking that your pregnant thats delaying your period?

Maimunah
11-02-2009, 04:46 PM
sister may Allah make everything easy for you inshaAllah. i'll advice you to speak to a scholar. islam does not allow boyfriend and girlfreind, so if this brother is willing to marry you, then he should do it it islamically. if not, then i'll advice you to stay away from each other and repent to Allah. then again i know he cant stay away from your life as he is the father of your baby and you'll need his financial support but just drob this idea of 'OH'.

may Allah make eaverything easy for you ameen.

wasalaamu aleykum

S_87
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
i know people are telling you to tell your parents but hmmm :-\ obviously if youre keeping the baby which i hope you are, they will somehow find out though i can understand why you telling them would be a problem. with other things you may be able to hide but with a baby, not much reasons to explain how you got it. and if youre pregnant youre just gonna get bigger and fatter.(sucky part lol) and in that time you will be visiting them too? first things first, make sure 100% that you are. home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate and saves you from having to visit a doc. do that firstly.
the best thing i can advise is that you ask a scholar and sincerely repent. It seems complicated, i dont know the exact ruling for getting married when pregnant as i thought the iddah period had to be observed?

btw whats OH stand for anyway?

AnonymousPoster
11-02-2009, 08:03 PM
sis just reading through your first post again how do you mean it has not been confirmed by a doctor? a doctor would certainly be able to confirm it by a simple urine sample and the symtoms that you would get along with being pregnant like a missed period would be a first indicator or what ever else those doctors do nowadays would be able to tell you straight away whether your pregnant or not did you take a pregnancy test? clear blue is 99percent accurate and it can detect pregnancy hormones 3 or 4days after sexual intercourse so sis i am highly confused. are you even sure you are pregnant and its not the stress of thinking that your pregnant thats delaying your period?
Hello sister, i took a pregnancy test which revealed to be positive, but someone advised me to confirm with a doctor anyways. I went to the doctors today and they approved that i am pregnant.

AnonymousPoster
11-02-2009, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i know people are telling you to tell your parents but hmmm :-\ obviously if youre keeping the baby which i hope you are, they will somehow find out though i can understand why you telling them would be a problem. with other things you may be able to hide but with a baby, not much reasons to explain how you got it. and if youre pregnant youre just gonna get bigger and fatter.(sucky part lol) and in that time you will be visiting them too? first things first, make sure 100% that you are. home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate and saves you from having to visit a doc. do that firstly.
the best thing i can advise is that you ask a scholar and sincerely repent. It seems complicated, i dont know the exact ruling for getting married when pregnant as i thought the iddah period had to be observed?

btw whats OH stand for anyway?
I'm sorry, OH means "Other Half".

AnonymousPoster
11-02-2009, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

amid all that is happening, let me ask a question. WHY are you waiting to get married?

if you didn't get pregnant BUT still had sex, marriage is the "cure" for that. you ARE 18, after all. the baby DOES complicate things, but the original problem is that you are having sex outside of marriage. the remedy is simple, nikkah.

NIKKAH, ASAP! ASAP! assuming your OH is the father, i've never seen a Hadeeth that would indicate that you had to wait.

Hello, in regards to your post, we have sat down and spoken about this properly and we have decided that marriage would be the best option since i am living far away from my parents anyways, and continuing with an unlawful relationship would just over-complicate things with his side of the family. As far as i'm concerned, my family should happily allow us to get married and the pregnancy should not be a problem in the later stages. If the marriage is not valid however, we will re-marry after the birth of this child (inshallah). This is for the sake of our parents happiness and well-being.

Also, some of you might be aware upon reading my other posts that i have visited the doctors today which have confirmed that i am 3 weeks pregnant.

Please everyone make dua for us and thank you all for your advice and support. I will keep you in my prayers (inshallah).

I have read some comments against sister "cat eyes" comments and i would please like you to stop doing that as she has apologised to me and this is a public forum where she is entitled to what she says and how she says regarding her views. Thanks again.

Humbler_359
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by markislam
tell you parents they will get mad but will be cool in few months. dont hide things, it will be hard but just do it.

is this guy a muslim ?
Anonymous mentioned in the first post.
"I am getting a lot of support from my OH and some of his family (he will tell his parents once it is confirmed) and also some close friends. I'm also in education at university, living away from my family home. (We're both Muslim). "

I can't imagine, some Muslims teenagers are capable to do sex outside marriage even though they knew it is forbidden. Western cultures are open anything but NOT ours.

Hopefully, you will keep your FIRST baby, not abortion topic. Try to work out with your boyfriend as repent to Allah (SWT) ASAP. Unfortunately, some people have no time to repent after child born due to busy and more arguments in young ages. :hmm:

cat eyes
11-02-2009, 08:26 PM
sis thats great to hear:) i will make duaa for you tonight it all works out for the best inshaAllah and of course the baby :statisfie take care of yourself and your soon to be husband dose justice with you AMEEN

Hamza Asadullah
11-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Hello, in regards to your post, we have sat down and spoken about this properly and we have decided that marriage would be the best option since i am living far away from my parents anyways, and continuing with an unlawful relationship would just over-complicate things with his side of the family. As far as i'm concerned, my family should happily allow us to get married and the pregnancy should not be a problem in the later stages. If the marriage is not valid however, we will re-marry after the birth of this child (inshallah). This is for the sake of our parents happiness and well-being.

Also, some of you might be aware upon reading my other posts that i have visited the doctors today which have confirmed that i am 3 weeks pregnant.

Please everyone make dua for us and thank you all for your advice and support. I will keep you in my prayers (inshallah).

I have read some comments against sister "cat eyes" comments and i would please like you to stop doing that as she has apologised to me and this is a public forum where she is entitled to what she says and how she says regarding her views. Thanks again.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, I have found this question and answer which is similar to your situation and thought it was answered VERY well and is very informative so thought i would paste it for you to read for your own knowledge and also to encourage you that marriage is incumbant on you as soon as possible:

As far as the child is concerned, if the child is born six months or more after the time of marriage (nikah), paternity will be established and the child will be attributed to the husband. However, if the child is born before six months have elapsed, it will not be attributed to the husband. (Radd al-Muhtar, 3/49)

So marriage should take place at least 6 months before the birth of the child if it is to be Islamically attributed to the father.

DOES THE INTENTION OF NIKAH JUSTIFY ZINA?

Question: I am a young teenage girl just out of High school. I was going steady with a Muslim boy for 2 years. I relaxed myself with him as he pledged to marry me. However, now that I am pregnant he says that he cannot marry me since his mother is not happy. What should we do? Disobey his mother or should I just forget him?

Answer

Response from the Fatwa Department ……..

Allah Ta’ala says, “And do not venture anywhere near (the act) of Zina (adultery) for it is indeed a transgression and an evil way.” (Surah Al-Israa, verse 32)

Before addressing the query, we wish to emphasize on the point that all types of contact between non-Mahram males and females is strictly prohibited. Talking, interacting, chatting, etc is Haraam and strongly condemned in the Shariah as is evident from the above verse of the Qur’aan.

In the afore-mentioned verse all ways which engender adultery are prohibited. This verse is an eloquent expression of the prohibition of the ways and acts which are introductory to adultery. Thus adultery as well as all avenues to adultery are forbidden. Imam Bukhari Rahimahullah has stated a Hadeeth on the authority of Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah Radhiyallahu anhu that Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam said:

"The adultery of the eyes is evil looks. The adultery of the feet is to walk towards the sin. The adultery of the tongue is lustful talk. The adultery of the heart is the evil desire and in the end the sexual organs testify all this or deny it."

In another Hadeeth, Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wasallam said:

"The hands also commit adultery, their adultery is touching; the feet also commit adultery, their adultery is walking towards adultery; the mouth also commits adultery, its adultery is kissing." (Muslim, Abu Dawood)

Chatting to non-Mahrams of the opposite gender on the cell phone and internet is also regarded as Zina of the hands.

In a Hadeeth narrated by Sayyiduna Samurah Radiyallaahu anhu regarding a dream of Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, it is mentioned that Jibra’eel and Mika’eel Alaihimas salaam came to Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam and took him to a certain place, Nabi Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam said, "We walked until we came to something that looked like an oven. Its top section was narrow and the inside was broad. From it sounds of screaming were heard."

Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam further says: "We looked inside and we saw naked men and women. We also saw flames from beneath them. When these flames scorched them, they screamed." I asked Jibra’eel Alaihis Salaam: "Who are these people?" He replied, "These are the males and females who committed the grave act of Zina. This will be their punishment till the day of Qiyaamah." (Bukhari).

The Harms of Zina [Adultery and Fornication] are Manifold

1. Allah Ta’ala becomes very angry.
2. The reckoning in the hereafter will be very severe.
3. The person will enter Jahannam.
4. The Barakah (blessing) of his Rizq (sustenance) is lost.
5. He is deprived from doing good.
6. He becomes hated and cursed in the eyes of the common people.
7. The nation involved in Zina will be afflicted with droughts, plagues and previously unheard of sicknesses
8. The destruction of the locality.
9. The cause of earthquakes.
10. The birth of illegitimate children.

It is indeed unfortunate that some of our Muslim brothers and sisters have lost their morals and values and have discarded the natural veils of modesty with which Allah Ta’ala has blessed us. Those involved in this horrendous sin of Zina should immediately make Taubah and beg Allah Ta’ala for forgiveness together with making the firm intention of never to return to this vile and wretched deed again.

The consequences of Zina are disastrous, especially upon females. Let alone the punishments she will have to face in the Aakhirah and the feeling of disgrace and being a cheap and loose girl who has given up her chastity, in many cases, she goes through the misfortune of being dumped after being used by her partner.

Your situation is just one of the numerous similar situations that have come to our attention. In almost all cases of illicit relationships, the girl is used by the boy just to satisfy his lust. The poor girl gets carried away by the boys charming ways and his show of love and affection for her as well as his promises of marriage to her but is ignorant of the ulterior motives of the boy. Although he may be showing her such love, compassion and devotion, the object that lurks under all this is just one; to use her for the satisfaction of his lust. Many a times, the girl possesses high morals and sound Islamic values but for the sake of maintaining her relationship with the boy, she discards her veils of chastity and stoops to the low level of committing the deplorable act of Zina. Unfortunately, this does not ultimately help her relationship as the goal of the boy is to use her and thereafter, settle down with a decent and innocent girl when the time for marriage approaches.

Take a look around and see how many illicit relationships prior to marriage end up in marriage? Very few will be ones deduction. Why? Because the boy wanted a good time prior to marriage and now that it is time for him to get married he wants a decent and even pious girl who will be an obedient and loyal wife. Not someone who has no self respect and dignity. That girl from whom he had snatched away her self respect and chastity is no more to him than a used bin bag.

We therefore implore all the Muslim girls to adopt the full Shar’ee Hijab, externally and internally and abstain from all types of non-permissible interaction with males. We also emphatically urge the young Muslim girls to never ever give up their chastity and Islamic values under any circumstance as this always end up in disaster and the girl always suffers the most as she falls victim to false and hollow promises that outwardly seem to be genuine.

In your situation, we suggest that you tie the sacred knot of Nikah with the consent of your parents. It is not permissible to abort the child.

If one wishes success in this world and the hereafter, it is important to obey one’s parents. This is a strict command of Allah and disobedience to parents leads to hardship and misfortune in this world and the hereafter.

It is therefore important that parents inculcate the correct values and morals in their children and monitor their activities in order to save them from falling prey to such vices. The following should be adopted as mandatory:

a) Parents should not allow their children in those environments where there is intermingling of sexes.
b) Children should not be allowed cell phones and internet access regardless of their age. If, for some reason, there is a need to provide these facilities for the child, it should be well monitored.
c) Cell phones should always be in the open and not hidden. Parents should browse through the text messages of their children as well as their mobile applications. Chat applications like MXIT and Mig33 etc. are taboo and are a clear indication that the bearer of such applications is up to no good and is most probably involved in some Haraam.
d) Mothers should take their daughters to Islamic programs regularly.

Remember, the sin of the child is the sin of the mother and father if they did not:

a) Impart proper Deeni education;
b) Inculcate correct Islamic values; and:
c) Did not get them married when they were of marriageable age.

In conclusion, parents are urged to look after their children and adopt every possible method to ensure that they are saved from all harm and vices. Also, the Ummah at large, males and females are urged to observe the laws of Hijab at all times. This will bring down the mercy of Allah Ta’ala and will also bring comfort to ones home and life.

May Allah guide us all and assist us in abstaining from all types of sins, Ameen.

Source:http://www.jamiat.org.za/index.php?o...no-3&Itemid=60

Ramadhan
11-03-2009, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
I can't imagine, some Muslims teenagers are capable to do sex outside marriage even though they knew it is forbidden. Western cultures are open anything but NOT ours.
Sex outside marriage is STRICTLY forbidden in islam with the punishments clearly described in the Qur'an, but sadly, the FACT is there are now many many muslim teenagers who are (sex) active.
I don't know where you live, but here in Indonesia because of western/"modern" influences, many muslims have neglected important aspects of islamic teachings and laws and as a result, their lifestyles have become resembled more of those who live in western countries than close adherence to islamic values.

Hence it is very important not only to increase the amount of da'wah among muslim communities, but also to create such da'wah activities that are appealing to these "modern" society.

it is easy to just condemn muslims whose behaviour are not according to islamic values, but we must continuously strive to give good da'wah and help those who are astray.

ardianto
11-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Forum, if you read my advice in this topic you can feel I am very familiar with this case. That's right, cases like this were happened many times in my close community. Sadly, it happened, happened, and happen again.

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Sex outside marriage is STRICTLY forbidden in islam with the punishments clearly described in the Qur'an, but sadly, the FACT is there are now many many muslim teenagers who are (sex) active.
I don't know where you live, but here in Indonesia because of western/"modern" influences, many muslims have neglected important aspects of islamic teachings and laws and as a result, their lifestyles have become resembled more of those who live in western countries than close adherence to islamic values.
Yes, this is a tragic reality in Indonesia. imsad

tresbien
11-03-2009, 10:49 AM
s regards your question, following is what the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, states in his well-known book, The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam:

“While Islam permits preventing pregnancy for valid reasons, it does not allow doing violence to it once it occurs.

Muslim jurists have agreed unanimously that after the fetus is completely formed and has been given a soul, abortion is haram. It is also a crime, the commission of which is prohibited to the Muslim because it constitutes an offense against a complete, living human being. Jurists insist that the payment of blood money (diya) becomes incumbent if the baby is aborted alive and then died, while a fine of lesser amount is to be paid if it is aborted dead.

However, there is one exceptional situation. If, say the jurists, after the baby is completely formed, it is reliably shown that the continuation of the pregnancy would necessarily result in the death of the mother, then, in accordance with the general principle of the Shari`ah, that of choosing the lesser of two evils, abortion must be performed. The reason for this is that the mother is the origin of the fetus; moreover, her life is well-established, with duties and responsibilities, and she is also a pillar of the family. It would not be possible to sacrifice her life for the life of a fetus which has not yet acquired a personality and which has no responsibilities or obligations to fulfill.

Imam al-Ghazzali makes a clear distinction between contraception and abortion, saying that contraception is not like abortion. Abortion is a crime against an existing being. It follows from this that there are stages of existence. The first stages of existence are the settling of the semen in the womb and its mixing with the secretions of the woman. Then come the next gestational stage. Disturbing the pregnancy at this stage is a crime. When it develops further and becomes a lump, aborting it is a greater crime. When it acquires a soul and its creation is completed, the crime becomes more grievous. The crime reaches a maximum seriousness when it is committed after it (the fetus) is separated (from the mother) alive.”
the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Brother, first of all, we’d like to say that we are impressed by your question, which emanates from a thoughtful heart. May Allah Almighty help us all adhere to the principles of this true religion, Islam, and enable us to be among the dwellers of Paradise in the Hereafter, Ameen.

First of all, it is to be stated that Islam forbids abortion in all stages of pregnancy. When the pregnancy reaches 120 days old, abortion becomes totally forbidden and is deemed a form of murder that results in compensation becoming liable. If abortion is done prior to this period, no compensation is liable but one should ask forgiveness and promise never to commit it again. In addition, it is highly recommended to do much righteous deeds such as giving in charity, etc.

In response to the question in point, the European Council for Fatwa and Research, issued the following fatwa:

Indeed, abortion is forbidden in Islam whether it be in the earlier stages of pregnancy or otherwise. The extent of sin incurred varies according to the stage of pregnancy, so that less sin would be incurred if the abortion took place during the early stages, while it becomes increasingly haram (unlawful) as the pregnancy advances. When the pregnancy reaches 120 days old, abortion becomes totally forbidden and is deemed a form of murder that results in compensation becoming liable. This compensation is equal in value to 213 grams of gold, and it is given to the heir who did not participate in the abortion (i.e., brother/sister or grandparent(s), etc., according to the laws of inheritance).

However, the only condition under which abortion is allowed is when there is an actual threat to the life of the mother confirmed by an official medical report that if the pregnancy advances any further, the mother may die.

Given the above, since the abortion was done in the case in hand before the fetus was 120 days old, then no compensation is liable. However, it remains a sin, which one should ask forgiveness for and promise never to commit again. If the mother wishes to give in charity besides all this, then that is even better. Allah Almighty says in the Qur'an: (Verily, the good deeds omit the bad deeds… ) (Yunus 10: 114)

You can also read:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547110

Even if my brother wants to marry you, u should wait to deliver u baby and not his because it is son of zina even he marries u after u delivery but not before.

sirajstc
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?

Sister, you are in my du'as. May Allah strengthen your heart and Have mercy on your soul.
:hug:
format_quote Originally Posted by mariyyah
Alaikoum Asslam ,

Sister what you have done called zina and it is the biggest sin and it is haram , First of all repent forgood AND FOREVER to ALLAH SWT and hope INSHALLAH ALLAH SWT forgive you

Second dont tell your family anything about it especially if you are in an other country far from them because you will damage them and you could cause a big problem and health problems to them as well

Third talk to your OH to marry you as soon as possible in the islam you are allowed to marry and there is no evidence about during pregnency women shouldnt marry that wrong so marry him as soon as possible baby should have a father and after that tell your family that you get marry because you need protection from zina and haram and im sure they will be very happy any parents are happy that their daughters or sons get married so please go ahead and be brave and ALLAH SWT with you and INSHALLAH ALLAH SWT forgive you AMEEN
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
You are their daughter, sister. Your parents must know everything that happened with you. Good news or bad news.

If you tell your parents now, they must be angry. But if you tell your parents after you have kid, they must be very very very angry.

They must be ready, they always ready.

Believe me, soon or later they will forgive you.

I am really sorry sister, if my advice is different than other member. But that is because I am a parent.

yeah this can i say 2 MAy Allah forgive you Ameen sister repent to Allah SWT

Muslim Woman
11-03-2009, 11:33 AM

I have also been advised that marriage during a womens pregnancy will be considered as invalid.

May Allah forgive u . I read in that case she is allowed to marry the person with whom she committed zina .

And Allah knows Best.

M.B
11-03-2009, 11:34 AM

why dnt u just get married right now make a small marriage nikah find the shaykh to do it.

Also make taubah

:w:

Ramadhan
11-03-2009, 05:02 PM
From Islamqa:
One of the conditions for marriage is the readiness of the womb. This means that the woman whom is to get married must have her womb unoccupied. For example, a man may not marry a woman who is pregnant. He may not marry a woman who was divorced until she is out of her idd’ah (a period where a widow or a divorced woman may not marry). Also a man may not marry a woman he has been having intercourse with until they both repent and she gets her monthly period. This is a sign that her womb is clean. The Prophet forbade Muslims to have intercourse with female slaves they bought recently until they are certain that their wombs are clear from any pregnancy. Waiting for the monthly period does this.

And:
It is not permissible for the zaani to marry the zaaniyah until after they have repented, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The adulterer — fornicator marries not but an adulteress — fornicatress or a Mushrikah; and the adulteress –fornicatress, none marries her except an adulterer — fornicater or a Mushrik [and that means that the man who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan or idolatress) or a prostitute, then surely, he is either an adulterer — fornicator, or a Mushrik (polytheist, pagan or idolater). And the woman who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrik (polytheist, pagan or idolater) or an adulterer — fornicator, then she is either a prostitute or a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan, or idolatress)]. Such a thing is forbidden to the believers (of Islamic Monotheism)”

[al-Noor 24:3].
-------------------------------

So it is clear that you must repent and he must repent, and not continuing the relationships, and only do the nikkah after the baby is born

Ramadhan
11-03-2009, 05:03 PM
On the issue of abortion from Islamqa:

Is it permissible for a woman who has committed immoral actions to abort the foetus?

Praise be to Allaah.

The efforts and ijtihaad of the fuqaha’ have focused on abortion in general terms, and the rulings on that and the consequences that may follow. They have not gone into details concerning cases where the pregnancy results from immorality. This may be because they consider that to come under the same ruling as abortion of a pregnancy resulting from a proper marriage. If abortion of a pregnancy resulting from a proper marriage is haraam under normal circumstances, then it is even more so in cases where the pregnancy results from immorality, because permitting abortion of pregnancy which results from immorality would encourage evil actions and the spread of immorality. One of the basic principles of Islam is that it forbids immorality and all the ways that lead to it, e.g., it forbids tabarruj (wanton display of one’s charms) and free mixing (of men and women).

In addition, an innocent foetus which has committed no sin should not be sacrificed because of a sin committed by someone else. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“No one laden with burdens can bear another’s burden”

[al-Israa’ 17:15]

It is known that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent the Ghaamidi woman who was pregnant as a result of zinaa away until she gave birth, then after the birth he sent her away until she had breastfed the child and weaned him. She came back with the child who had a piece of bread. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave the child to one of the Muslims, then he gave orders that she should be placed in a hole up to her chest, and commanded the people to stone her. Imaam al-Nawawi said concerning this hadeeth: “A pregnant woman should not be stoned until she gives birth, whether her pregnancy is the result of zina or otherwise. This is agreed upon, lest her foetus be killed. The same applies if her hadd punishment is flogging; a pregnant woman should not be flogged, according to consensus, until she has given birth.” (Saheeh Muslim bi Sharh al-Nawawi, 11/202)

This incident shows us the extent to which Islam is concerned with the foetus, even if it is the result of zina: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) delayed the carrying out of the hadd punishment on the mother in order to save the life of the foetus.

Can it be imagined that the Lawgiver would permit killing the foetuses by abortion in order to fulfil the wishes of those who follow their whims and desires?

Furthermore, those who say that abortion is permitted within the first forty days of a legitimate pregnancy based their ijtihaad on a concession, like not fasting in Ramadaan for those who have valid excuses, or shortening the four-rak’ah prayers whilst travelling, but it is stated in sharee’ah that concessions cannot be connected to sins.

Imaam al-Quraafi said: “With regard to sins, they cannot be taken as reasons for concessions. Hence one who is travelling for the purpose of sin cannot shorten his prayers or break his fast, because the reason for doing these is travelling, but in this case the reason for travelling is to commit sin, so the concession does not apply, because granting a concession on the basis of sin will encourage people to sin further.” (al-Furooq, 2/33)

Similarly, the basic principles of Islamic sharee’ah do not give the same concessions to a woman who is pregnant as a result of zinaa as are given to a woman who is pregnant as a result of proper marriage, lest that help her in her sin, and it does not make it easy for her to get rid of the results of her evil actions.

In addition, the foetus in the case of zinaa has no guardian, because according to sharee’ah the title of father can only be given to the one who has a child from a woman in a proper marriage. This is part of the meaning of the hadeeth: “The child goes to the owner of the bed and the adulterer gets nothing but the stones (despair, i.e. to be stoned to death).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). The guardian of the foetus in such cases is the sultan or ruler – the one who is in charge of the Muslims’ affairs – for he is the guardian of those who have no guardian. The way in which the ruler disposes of people’s affairs is based on the interests of the people, and there is no interest to be served in destroying the soul of the foetus in order to preserve the mother’s interests, because that would involve encouraging her and others to persist in this evil action.

It is permissible to resort to aborting the foetus of a woman who has committed this evil action but now wants to repent sincerely, and is very afraid. This is a major principle of sharee’ah, and is subject to the condition that this be done as early in the pregnancy as possible, and that this fatwa be given only in individual cases and not be treated as a general fatwa, lest this concession becomes a means of encouraging evil in the Muslim society. And Allaah knows best.

From Ahkaam al-Janeen fi’l-Fiqh al-Islami by ‘Umar ibn Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem Ghaanim

جوري
11-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Can she not just get married now? what is the ruling on that, I am sorry I didn't have time to browse through all 5 pages..

I imagine this is a very difficult situation, but I can't entertain the thought of an abortion whether it is haram or not.. it is a human life we are talking about here, so helpless and in your hands.. sob7an Allah.. may Allah swt make it easy on you dear sister..

If there is nothing to forbid a marriage now (islamically speaking) then I think that is the most logical thing to do.. you don't need a big ceremony.. just the parties involved and those who need to be involved...

and Allah swt knows best

CuteStuff
11-11-2009, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=cat eyes;1238496]sis just reading through your first post again how do you mean it has not been confirmed by a doctor? QUOTE]

Meaning she has not gone to a Doctor yet to have it confirmed. - not that difficult to understand.

mammyluty
11-13-2009, 02:22 AM

sister il tel u a story about my sister who went thru the same!hope fully shes repented to Allah.....am the first born n shes second,she got pregnt while in high school bt i didnt know,the guy sent his grandmother to our family to ask to marry her as quickly as possible,,,my dad was suspicious n he ended up finding out that she was pregnant,,,,,,,,i was shocked as i fear for her n the baby cos my family was one crazy one!u cant imagine what she went through she was beaten up by my dad n my uncle with one piece of wood that broke from a bed both at the same time.i was working n when i came home i was told wat happend i culdnt biliv!i just went to c my sister n she was swollen on her back n tha face n she was crying.n my dad was seating outside raging wth anger!i was so angry at them for doing dat n i didnt care about him as my father as i just wanted to know y he did that to her.n i had de courage to tell him he did wrong n but he doesnt like to b told n he shouted at me n he ended up hiting me outside infront of evryone with slaps n smucks!

later during the day he came up wth the solution,abortion.tell u wat my big cousin brother n me were ready to do wat it takes to save the baby from abortion.BUT ALLAH'plans r always better,we recieved visas to come to uk from my mother,alhamdullihah i was so relieved to know that we were coming to our mother n she was going to be taken care of.we came to uk met our mum from 10 past years weve been apart.she gave birth to a girl n shes now 1 and half years.shes amazing.....when they heard de baby was born they wanted pisctures of her..now shes recieving financial support from the gorv. al that my dad n de rest did to her they r now coling her n asking her to send them money n she is helping them for the sake of Allah.n where do u think the money is coming from ofcourse from the baby she had, throu benefit,which they insisted she do abortion.

i just hope this story will inspire u to have faith n patient in Allah only if u rilly regret wat u did.regret is tawbah.

my opinion is ur parents nid to know they ll come round n dont get tayad asking for forgivenes from them even if it will take al ur life.

May Allah make it easy for u give u health,strength n forgive u n us n save us from punishment of the grave n hell fire!

il make dua for u,inshallah!

Khalisah
11-13-2009, 03:15 AM
InshaAllah I hope your situation becomes easier!
Why is haram to marry while pregnant? I mean I realise perhaps if there was some sort of confusion with regard to who the father was, then perhaps it would be better to not marry. Is there a evidence for your statement bro? Not that I am implying your lying- just I have never heard this and know of a sister who married while pregnant.
OP Sister, I wish I knew how to advise you..I can't imagine how difficult things must be for you.
May Allah guide you, and make things easy for you and your family!
Take care

Maryan0
11-13-2009, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Salam,

It is haram to marry during pregnancy.
Can you elaborate or direct me to some hadith ayah or ruling that declares it haram. I have never heard of it being haram to marry during pregnancy, if it is haram how come it's never mentioned I can see i'm not the only one expressing confusion to this. It's very common for people to choose or to be forced to get married in situations like this so they don't shame the family and themselves.
salam

syilla
11-13-2009, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Salam,

It is haram to marry during pregnancy.
i never heard of this before.... can you elaborate more on this

Ramadhan
11-13-2009, 05:11 AM
I think it has been explained extensively in previous posts why marriage during pregnancy is haram

Maryan0
11-13-2009, 05:57 AM
well one of the posters posted a hadith stating that it is okay before the first six months because this verifies the paternity of the father while somebody else is saying that they should get married because a zaani has to repent and the womb has to be "clean".
Is there a definite answer? the many answers just bring about confusion
salam

Hamza Asadullah
11-13-2009, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
well one of the posters posted a hadith stating that it is okay before the first six months because this verifies the paternity of the father while somebody else is saying that they should get married because a zaani has to repent and the womb has to be "clean".
Is there a definite answer? the many answers just bring about confusion
salam
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister this is the danger of sections of the forums like this where lay people are issuing fatwas of whats halal and haram without any knowledge of the subject matter. Here is scholarly take on the subject matter with referance:

....Marriage to a pregnant woman is permissible and also sexual intercourse if the impregnator himself is marrying. (Radd al-Muhtar, 3/48-49), provided the woman is a Muslim or a genuine Kitabi (from the people of the book).

Secondly, as far as the child is concerned, if the child is born six months or more after the time of marriage (nikah), paternity will be established and the child will be attributed to the husband. However, if the child is born before six months have elapsed, it will not be attributed to the husband. (Radd al-Muhtar, 3/49)

Therefore, I suggest that the brother should get the non-Muslim girl converted to Islam. She should be educated with the fundamental beliefs of Islam, and her conversion should not merely be a solution to the problem. After she genuinely and truly accepts Islam, he should marry her as soon as possible. You sate that she is less than three weeks pregnant; hence there is still time for the child to be considered legitimate. If the child is born six months or more after the time of marriage, the brother will be considered a legitimate father. In this way, he will also be able to ensure that the child has an Islamic upbringing.

And Allah knows best

Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK.

Kabeer
11-13-2009, 02:42 PM
It seems there are differing opinions as to whether one can marry.
The main reason though is in case of the paternaty of the baby. So if you are sure of the paternity, there are scholars who say you can marry.
So do so. Don't mess up your situation for rigidity.

Peace

Maryan0
11-13-2009, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister this is the danger of sections of the forums like this where lay people are issuing fatwas of whats halal and haram without any knowledge of the subject matter. Here is scholarly take on the subject matter with referance:

....Marriage to a pregnant woman is permissible and also sexual intercourse if the impregnator himself is marrying. (Radd al-Muhtar, 3/48-49), provided the woman is a Muslim or a genuine Kitabi (from the people of the book).

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK.

JazzakAllah bro for the clarification
salam

Iris
11-13-2009, 09:52 PM
I agree with Skye. If you can get the Nikah done right now (Islamically speaking) then go for it, asap.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.