/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu Aleykum

Ummshareef
11-01-2009, 05:34 PM
:sl:

I am Umm Shareef. I am a revert living in London with my hubby and two boys. I have just joined here as I took a look around and it seems to be very friendly, mashallah, and also informative. I am hoping to make some new friends amongst the sisters and will strive to increase my knowledge, insha'allah.

Assalamu Aleykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
11-01-2009, 05:49 PM

Welcome to LI >> http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5766/welcomexu1.jpg

A.M.H.
11-01-2009, 05:56 PM

:welcome: to IB

:w:

Asiyah3
11-01-2009, 05:59 PM
As-salaamu aleykum,

Welcome sister :). I'm really glad you joined us. Insha'llah you will benifit from LI and gain more knowledge.

I would love to hear about your revertstory, if you want to you could tell us briefly. When did you revert?

Praise be to Allah for guiding you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummshareef
11-01-2009, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
As-salaamu aleykum,

Welcome sister :). I'm really glad you joined us. Insha'llah you will benifit from LI and gain more knowledge.

I would love to hear about your revertstory, if you want to you could tell us briefly. When did you revert?

Praise be to Allah for guiding you.
Assalamu Aleykum,
Jazak Allah Khayr for your kind welcome. It would give me great pleasure to answer your question about my reversion. I was a single young graduate trying to find my way in the world after uni. As a white English girl I had seen lots of so-called friends wasting away their lives on alcohol and loose behaviour and became increasingly convinced that there must be more to life than such shallow and immoral behaviour. I guess I began to look at other cultures and religions and soon realised that my life really lacked any sense ofesning or purpose. One of the religions that I considered was Islam, but I had been so indoctrinated by the western media that I couldn't at first see beyond the stereotypical view of Islam as a religion of cruelty and repression. I had heard about floggings, amputations, stonings, and the repression of women for example through forced veiling, all in a very negative light, with no attempt to explain their context and that in fact Islam is a religion of peace and humanity, with woman held in high esteem. Anyway, to cut a long story short a friend of mine had been travelling in Pakistan and when she returned she took her shahada and I spent many evenings talking with her about Islam, during which she corrected all my misconceptions about Islam. alHumdulillah. I soon realised that In Islam I had found what I was looking for in my life and eleven years ago I took my shahada and devoted myself to Allah subhana wa ta'alaa. alHumdulillah. I guess I had become her first da'wah success story. Since then, I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and two mashallah sons.

zakirs
11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummshareef
Assalamu Aleykum,
Jazak Allah Khayr for your kind welcome. It would give me great pleasure to answer your question about my reversion. I was a single young graduate trying to find my way in the world after uni. As a white English girl I had seen lots of so-called friends wasting away their lives on alcohol and loose behaviour and became increasingly convinced that there must be more to life than such shallow and immoral behaviour. I guess I began to look at other cultures and religions and soon realised that my life really lacked any sense ofesning or purpose. One of the religions that I considered was Islam, but I had been so indoctrinated by the western media that I couldn't at first see beyond the stereotypical view of Islam as a religion of cruelty and repression. I had heard about floggings, amputations, stonings, and the repression of women for example through forced veiling, all in a very negative light, with no attempt to explain their context and that in fact Islam is a religion of peace and humanity, with woman held in high esteem. Anyway, to cut a long story short a friend of mine had been travelling in Pakistan and when she returned she took her shahada and I spent many evenings talking with her about Islam, during which she corrected all my misconceptions about Islam. alHumdulillah. I soon realised that In Islam I had found what I was looking for in my life and eleven years ago I took my shahada and devoted myself to Allah subhana wa ta'alaa. alHumdulillah. I guess I had become her first da'wah success story. Since then, I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and two mashallah sons.
God bless you, your family and that friend sister :).

Welcome aboard..

~Raindrop~
11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
salaam
Welcome to LI sis :):):)
I hope you enjoy and benefit from your time here :)
wassalaam

Insaanah
11-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Assalaamu alaikum sister,

A very warm welcome to the forum, and a belated welcome to Islam! :statisfie

You're right it is very friendly here, I've recently joined too.

Hope you find it beneficial.

Strzelecki
11-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Wa 3alaikum salaam sister UmmShareef.
Welcome to the forums.

Insha'Allah you have a beneficial stay here.

May Allah (swt) protect you and us all. Ameen.

Ummshareef
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Jazak Allah for your kind welcome messages. I very much look forward to using the site to raise my knowledge of our Deen, insha'allah. :statisfie

Fטлку
11-04-2009, 08:27 AM
:sl: and welcome to the forum :D

Muslim Woman
11-04-2009, 08:42 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummshareef

. I am a revert
:D I am so happy for u .

Welcome to the forum sis :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.