How do you know if your a hypocrite? are there types or something? :exhausted

By the way; how long does it take me to be a fullmember, and to post a thread
Sorry, I'm a newbie:statisfie
I would like to know about hypocricy too :(. i fear i might be one :(

Btw sis it takes around 50 posts to become a full member

Insaanah
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
:sl:

I don't know much on this topic. I hope that others more learned than us will enlighten us.

What I have heard, however, is the following:

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:

Allah's Messenger (may peace and blessings be upon him) said: Three are the signs of a hypocrite: when he speaks he tells a lie, when he makes a promise he acts treacherously, and when he is trusted he betrays.

Hadith number in Sahih Muslim [Arabic only]: 89

:sl:

GuestFellow
11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Well I used to be a hypocrite when it came to food. I told everyone not to drink Pesi because it is bad for you...but I ended up drinking the Pesi myself. :/

Meh I love Pesi lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brasco
11-01-2009, 07:59 PM
To wonder if one is a hypocrite is a really good sign of iman! :)

Al-Hasan al-Basri said of hypocrisy: No one fears it but a believer, and no one feels safe from it but a hypocrite.

AlHoda
11-01-2009, 08:10 PM
One thing I noticed in this forum is that there are very smart people, like really smart subhannallah, would anyone like to share is his wisedom :p

Insaanah
11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Sister, I did answer with what limited knowledge I had, but I guess Coke and Pepsi was more interesting for you :(

AlHoda
11-01-2009, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Sister, I did answer with what limited knowledge I had, but I guess Coke and Pepsi was more interesting for you :(
I am so sorry:phew just got lost in conversation, thank you very much for your information.:statisfie:sl:

cat eyes
11-01-2009, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

cute little sis you have to reach 50posts as far as i know to become a full member:)

Hamza Asadullah
11-01-2009, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, this short article explains very well the ruling of hypocrites according to the Qur'an.

Ruling on Hypocrites in the Qur'an

Inhabitants of the Lowest Pits of the Fire

by Lamyaa Hashim

The Qur'an devotes many passages to the subject of hypocrites due to their propensity to cause much fitna (strife), including treason on the larger scale.

Many people waste a lot of energy stressing over the hypocrites they come across. This can cause much angst personally and strife within the larger community. Allah has cleared this matter in the following Ayah (verse):

"What is it wrong with you that you should be divided into two parties over the hypocrites? Allah has upset them for what they did. Do you wish to guide whom Allah has left astray? Because those who Allah has cast aside will never find a way." (4:88)

What is a Hypocrite?

The Arabic word for hypocrite in the Qur'an is munafiq, which shares the same root as "tunnel". A munafiq is someone who, like a tunnel, has two sides from which they may choose to go out of depending on which side is more advantageous. Mostly they just hang out in the tunnel until they see which way the tide has turned.

It's of no avail to argue about exposing them because no one knows what is in the hearts of another. Sometimes things aren't as they seem - another reason to leave the matter to Allah.

Exceptions to Non-Involvement

Matters of the state would be an exception to the rule. This is when the hypocrisy involves playing both sides in times of political dissension or war - the equivalent of treason. Regarding such people, Allah says in the next Ayah:

"They wish that you reject Faith as they have so that you will be on equal footing. So do not take friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of God (from what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them and (again) do not take them for allies nor recruit their aid."

The order to kill such people refers only to those who commit treason - the same punishment issued in the United States and almost every civilized nation.

A traitor of national secrets can not be trusted as they carry vital information on both sides which could be used to inflict great harm to the national security of both sides, resulting in an escalation of conflict and war.

There are two exceptions to this in the Qur'an, as well:

"Except those who join a group with whom you share a (treaty of peace) or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. If Allah had pleased, He could have given them power over you. Therefore, if they withdraw from you and do not fight you, but instead send you (guarantees of) peace, then Allah does not give you a way (permission to fight them)." (4:90)

The next Ayah refers to the most treacherous who gain the confidence of both sides and every time they are sent back they succumb to temptation again. For them is also a penalty of death.

Social Hypocrites

"Give glad tidings to the hypocrites of a grievous punishment." (4:138)

In Ayah 4:140 the Believers themselves are cautioned about getting caught in the lure of the hypocrites when they are commanded not even to sit in the same room where Allah's signs or verses are held in defiance or ridicule unless they change the subject. To sit silently among them is no better than being one of them.

For instance, there are many Muslim women that don't wear hijab - most know they should, but apologetically don't. However, others speak out in defiance of this obligation and ridicule those who observe proper Islamic attire and encourage it. To sit among such women is forbidden by proof of this Ayah.

The Ayah ends chillingly with, "For Allah will collect the Hypocrites and those who defy Faith - all in Hell."

Hypocrites are described in Qur'an as being lazy about their prayers, using it only for show while their mind wanders, only barely remembering Allah, neither for one group or another.

The Fate of the Hypocrites

"The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire; and you will not be able to find for them a helper." (Qur'an 4:145)

Most people may have assumed that the disbelievers would occupy that spot. As has been illustrated, hypocrites, by far, are the most harmful of the two. They not only deceive themselves, but they fuel the flames of discord in this world among believers and non-believers both.

Read more: http://quran-hadith-studies.suite101...#ixzz0VecCc7IB

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.