/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter addict ??

AnonymousPoster
11-01-2009, 07:58 PM
:sl:
Can I read Harry Potter novels, because i once got so addicted to them. Is it haram if read some fiction books, if it is I will stay far away from it.:exhausted
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ژاله
11-02-2009, 09:43 AM
May you get over your harry potter addiction lol. i have got over it finally Alhamdulillah.:D
i think reading fiction is not haram. its laghw (idle/useless task) though, and we are encouraged to refrain from such addictions, for at the end of the day they are harmful to your religion.

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Malaak is correct. Fiction is NOT haram. Your addiction to Harry Potter is. Also, do not pretend to be Harry Potter or any other character, or pretend to cast spells, as magic is Haram in Islam.

Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2009, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Can I read Harry Potter novels, because i once got so addicted to them. Is it haram if read some fiction books, if it is I will stay far away from it.:exhausted
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, there was a similar questioned asked on Islamonline and this was the answer:

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, we commend your pursuit of knowledge and your keenness to seek what is lawful and avoid what is not. We earnestly implore Allah to bless your efforts in this honorable way.

‘Harry Potter’ books and movies are all about magic and mythology, and that is why reading or watching them is to be avoided. There is almost a consensus among Muslim scholars that learning magic is haram. For sure, there are many useful books and movies to read and watch other than ‘Harry Potter’. The issue becomes more dangerous when parents allow their children to watch or read such stories as it may affect their creed in their earliest years.

Responding to the question, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Mukhtar Al-Shinqiti, Director of the Islamic Center of South Plains, Lubbock, Texas, states the following:

"Traditionally, there is almost consensus among Muslim scholars that learning magic is haram. They base their argument on the verse mentioning people who learn magic: “And they learn what harms them, not what profits them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew.” (Al-Baqarah: 102)

According to the trustworthy people who read the works of “Harry Potter” it is all about magic and mythology. Therefore, I would not advise young people to read it or parents to give it to their children.

The attractive way in which these works are done is very dangerous and might negatively affect the basic concept of `aqeedah or Islamic creed and values of our youth. People of knowledge recognize the impact such artistic works might have on the mind and soul. The late well-known Muslim poet, Muhammad Iqbal, is quoted to have said: “Aridity of logic cannot overwhelm the beauty of poetry.”

Therefore, a Muslim is advised to stay away from these attractive but poisonous works."

Source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

There is SO much knowledge for us to learn about our beautiful deen. Harry Potter and other fiction books are not reality, we need to be learning more about reality and what is to come. There are countless subjects to learn about in Islam and i can guarantee once you get into learning about Islam then you will find it more amazing and satisfying than any fiction book you can imagine. On top of that learning about our beautiful deen is GREAT rewards and we should also try our best to act upon what we learn and convey it to others because spreading knolwedge is also reward and anyone who acts upon what we convey then we will also recieve their reward.

So let us get the hunger and cravings to learn as much as possible about our beautiful deen and shun ALL these fiction books which speak about nothing beneficial but pure fantasy. We need to concentrate on reality because the reality is that we can go at ANY second and we need to make the best use of EVERY second before we go and we need to please Allah as much as we can. Let us go towards him and learn as much as possible about Islam beginning with the foundations and basics.

Try to attend classes leanring about Aqaaid and fiqh and other aspects of Islam. You will feel the benefits and amazing feeling in your heart straight away and will want to learn more and more inshallah.

The Prophet (Pbuh) said that seeking knowledge is a way leading to Paradise. He said: "Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allaah will make a path to Paradise easy for him." (Al-Bukhaari

The Prophet said: "When a man dies, all his deeds come to an end except for three — an ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge or a righteous child who will pray for him." (Muslim)

So there is NO time for us to waste let us learn as much as we can and try our best to act upon what we learn until our death comes which could be ANY second!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IAmZamzam
11-10-2009, 04:23 AM
If a story in which people cast spells by saying "Riddikulus!" which make monsters turn into Alan Rickman clones dressed up as old women and other goofy things "diverts the development of a child's creed", it's the child's own fault. Really, people, this is the kind of thing that keeps giving religion a bad name. When will they learn?

Ali_slave of Allah
11-10-2009, 05:13 AM
[] The Evils of Harry Potter and the Kufr of Magic - by Abul 'Abbaas Musaa ibn John Richardson

https://www.troid.org/index.php?opti...ate=2009-01-01

ardianto
11-10-2009, 05:32 AM
I never heard any comment from Indonesian scholars regarding to Harry Potter.
That's because Indonesian kids know, Harry Potter books/movies is just a fiction, not real.
And also, from Islamic aqeedah perspective, Harry Potter movies is safer than Indonesian Mystery Movies.

ardianto
11-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Actually, from aqeedah perspective, Aladdin is more dangerous than Harry Potter.

Harry Potter is a magician, but Harry Potter story's setting is in Britain, a non-Muslim land. And no one thinking Harry Potter is a Muslim.

Aladdin is not a magician but he ask and get help from a jinn. Aladdin story's setting is in Arabia. Although Aladdin is a Pre-Islam story, many people assume Aladdin is a Muslim and this story is an Islamic story.

Kabeer
11-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Salaams,

Fiction is just that, these are innocent children's tales. It's rather amusing that one thinks it is haraam ;D .

Everyone body know they are just entertaining fantasy tales.

Peace.

Kabeer
11-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh yes I should mention, that ADDICTION is a problem though. Try not to get addicted to anything.
That could lead to possible haraam avenues.

Peace.

Woodrow
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
This is very similar to the Superman addiction we had when I as a kid. But most of us discovered real fast that if we tied a towel around our neck and jumped off the barn roof, we would not fly.

A broken leg ended my addiction.(or was it my arm, I was a bit rowdy as a kid and often broke bones.) May you overcome your addiction in a less painful manner.

cat eyes
11-10-2009, 03:37 PM
:sl: my sister reads those books and she got awful interested in magic don't read those harry pot head books:raging:

abu_musab461
11-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I personally found it quite shocking the similarities between jinn/ sihr and the magic that is described in Harry Potter.

It does make me wonder who "inspried" ms JK Rowling...

~Raindrop~
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Many of her ideas are spooky :skeleton:

That being said, im over my addiction now :D

Hamza Asadullah
11-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, please read this article it is VERY interesting:

History of Black Magic & Performers of today (David Copperfield, David Blaine etc)

The history or rather inception of the dark arts of Black Magic as we know it are rooted in the period of the Prophet Soloman (i.e. King Soloman). To learn more about the history of Magic in the West (i.e. Europe & North America) see “Witchcraft a history” by P.G. Maxwell Stuart.

Prophet Soloman was given a vast kingdom and this also included the dominion of the Jinn’s which he had control over (this is why Quranic recitation during exorcisms often refer to his name as it causes the jinn great agitation, see Surah Bukhara 2:102).

It was during this period that Allah sent two angels by the names of Harout & Marout to Beni Israel in the form of humans to try mankind by offering them scribes describing the performance of magic, but warning them of the evils and sinful pitfalls associated with its practise and now-how. One must look at this age in its context, during this period as during the period of the Prophet Moses, Magic was very much the science of the day, hence the offer of an A-Z guide to magic which was in effect what the two angels were offering was enormously tempting. Those that chose not to heed the words of the angels and refrain from learning the malevolent arts fell into great sin and failed the test of this life.

Such scribes (revealed to the people of Beni Israel) transferred from generation to generation into the hands of the Jews where it is still very much resides today. Hence it is no accident that Jews are the most adept practioners of magic today and their roles in this area are legendary, one need only look at the current most dazzling magicians, David Copperfield (he made the statute of liberty disappear, flew across the grand canyon, retrieved a ship from the Bermuda Triangle, passed through the Wall of China, and as voted by a panel of the worlds top magicians performed the greatest magic act to date when he had he’s body sawed in half in full view of the public and camera and not whilst in a box as is conventionally done, and then made to wiggle he’s toes whilst being completely separated from he’s lower half) , David Blaine (he is renowned for levitating and reading peoples mind), Ricky Jay and Mr. Electric, all Jews, performing all over the world and make headlines wherever they go.

Also Harry Houdini, who was born Erich Weiss in Hungary, and Max Malini, born in Poland in 1873, who practiced his art until his death in 1942, as well as Meyer Kessler, Ruth Iris Wachsman, Bamberg family (who comprised six generations of magicians spanning 200 years) and Horace Goldin (Hyman Golstein) who was considered the greatest magic performer of the 19th century. Nostradamus (famous soothsayer of the 16th Century) too was a Jew.

Throughout history, Jews have performed the insidious arts of Black Magic going back to biblical times. Jewish magicians have graced the stages of worlds theatres, they have entertained the royalty of many countries, and performed from early times - in the pyramids of Egypt, on the backs of covered wagons, in famous music halls, and popular vaudeville shows. Such practitioner will often take the credit for all these alleged stunts/illusions, in reality they are simply in contact with the realm of the Jinn’s whom they perform in concert with together.

This also reminds me of a case of possession not so long ago in Saudi Arabia in which a young man under went an exorcism during which the Jinn emerged from within him and spoke mentioning several names of people within the United States that were very powerful in the dark art of magic and the control of Jinn’s (David Copperfield name was one of them). It was also a Jewish man called Lubaid Ben Al-Aasim who was responsible for performing Black Magic against the Prophet of Islam Muhammed (pbuh).

Source: http://dangerofchi.org/page2

AlHoda
11-10-2009, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Actually, from aqeedah perspective, Aladdin is more dangerous than Harry Potter.

Harry Potter is a magician, but Harry Potter story's setting is in Britain, a non-Muslim land. And no one thinking Harry Potter is a Muslim.

Aladdin is not a magician but he ask and get help from a jinn. Aladdin story's setting is in Arabia. Although Aladdin is a Pre-Islam story, many people assume Aladdin is a Muslim and this story is an Islamic story.
Very interesting you said that, because when I was younger I thought that Aladinn was an arab so I used to assume that Alladin was a muslim, alhamdullilah I know now better.:heated:

AlHoda
11-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Also I haven't read Any Harry Potter book, for a time now.

abu_musab461
11-11-2009, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
Many of her ideas are spooky :skeleton:

That being said, im over my addiction now :D
Not just spooky but suprisingly acurate.

Espcially the potions class and some of the spells they cast.

Obviously they glamourize it too much real magic is quite disgusting and frankly sickening.

To be a true magician you need to be able to do things that normal people would +o(x100

IAmZamzam
11-11-2009, 05:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, please read this article it is VERY interesting:

History of Black Magic & Performers of today (David Copperfield, David Blaine etc)

The history or rather inception of the dark arts of Black Magic as we know it are rooted in the period of the Prophet Soloman (i.e. King Soloman). To learn more about the history of Magic in the West (i.e. Europe & North America) see “Witchcraft a history” by P.G. Maxwell Stuart.

Prophet Soloman was given a vast kingdom and this also included the dominion of the Jinn’s which he had control over (this is why Quranic recitation during exorcisms often refer to his name as it causes the jinn great agitation, see Surah Bukhara 2:102).

It was during this period that Allah sent two angels by the names of Harout & Marout to Beni Israel in the form of humans to try mankind by offering them scribes describing the performance of magic, but warning them of the evils and sinful pitfalls associated with its practise and now-how. One must look at this age in its context, during this period as during the period of the Prophet Moses, Magic was very much the science of the day, hence the offer of an A-Z guide to magic which was in effect what the two angels were offering was enormously tempting. Those that chose not to heed the words of the angels and refrain from learning the malevolent arts fell into great sin and failed the test of this life.

Such scribes (revealed to the people of Beni Israel) transferred from generation to generation into the hands of the Jews where it is still very much resides today. Hence it is no accident that Jews are the most adept practioners of magic today and their roles in this area are legendary, one need only look at the current most dazzling magicians, David Copperfield (he made the statute of liberty disappear, flew across the grand canyon, retrieved a ship from the Bermuda Triangle, passed through the Wall of China, and as voted by a panel of the worlds top magicians performed the greatest magic act to date when he had he’s body sawed in half in full view of the public and camera and not whilst in a box as is conventionally done, and then made to wiggle he’s toes whilst being completely separated from he’s lower half) , David Blaine (he is renowned for levitating and reading peoples mind), Ricky Jay and Mr. Electric, all Jews, performing all over the world and make headlines wherever they go.

Also Harry Houdini, who was born Erich Weiss in Hungary, and Max Malini, born in Poland in 1873, who practiced his art until his death in 1942, as well as Meyer Kessler, Ruth Iris Wachsman, Bamberg family (who comprised six generations of magicians spanning 200 years) and Horace Goldin (Hyman Golstein) who was considered the greatest magic performer of the 19th century. Nostradamus (famous soothsayer of the 16th Century) too was a Jew.

Throughout history, Jews have performed the insidious arts of Black Magic going back to biblical times. Jewish magicians have graced the stages of worlds theatres, they have entertained the royalty of many countries, and performed from early times - in the pyramids of Egypt, on the backs of covered wagons, in famous music halls, and popular vaudeville shows. Such practitioner will often take the credit for all these alleged stunts/illusions, in reality they are simply in contact with the realm of the Jinn’s whom they perform in concert with together.

This also reminds me of a case of possession not so long ago in Saudi Arabia in which a young man under went an exorcism during which the Jinn emerged from within him and spoke mentioning several names of people within the United States that were very powerful in the dark art of magic and the control of Jinn’s (David Copperfield name was one of them). It was also a Jewish man called Lubaid Ben Al-Aasim who was responsible for performing Black Magic against the Prophet of Islam Muhammed (pbuh).

Source: http://dangerofchi.org/page2
Please tell me you mean this as a joke. I mean, do you know anything about Harry Houdini at all?! The man spent half of his life debunking the claims of people who tried to pass of their so-called "magic" as real! Because he didn't believe in it either! Tricks are tricks!

People, I'm begging you, before you post in this thread, stop and think about how you're feeding stereotypes of nonbelievers with this nonsense, how ridiculous they think we are and act. You're giving them excuses for their prejudice. That is itself inexcusable.

ardianto
11-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Harry Houdini and other 'magicians' are illusionists, not witches !
You can learn their tricks !.

Khaldun
11-11-2009, 10:30 AM

It is one thing to agree or disagree with a book but to say this is halal and this is haram needs alot of knowledge and I would like to remind members that this should only be left for the experts in this field.

Hamza Asadullah
11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Please tell me you mean this as a joke. I mean, do you know anything about Harry Houdini at all?! The man spent half of his life debunking the claims of people who tried to pass of their so-called "magic" as real! Because he didn't believe in it either! Tricks are tricks!

People, I'm begging you, before you post in this thread, stop and think about how you're feeding stereotypes of nonbelievers with this nonsense, how ridiculous they think we are and act. You're giving them excuses for their prejudice. That is itself inexcusable.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, brother ive noticed that in a lot of your posts you seem to rant on about things you have no knowldge about. Why? Learn and then make your conclusion but if you do not know then how can you comment and make your conclusion abut it?
Oh i forgot you don't take knowledge from scholars. Then out of your arrogance and ignorance you will remain lost and confused and without knowledge therefore easily misled and misguided.
How will you learn anything without taking knowledge from scholars? Thats impossible!
If Allah tells us in the Qur'an that refer to those who know if you know not then is Allah wrong? Then you are going against the commands of Allah aswell as our Prophet (Pbuh) who clearly stated that the scholars are the successors of the Prophets.
You could say one thing incorrect and be taken out of the fold of Islam that is why its crucial that we take our knowledge from those who know because we CANNOT make our own interpretations. You don't even know Arabic so how can you even begin to critique widely known intepretations from certain verses in the Qur'an?
When one does not have substantive knowledge of the Qur’an and hadith corpus, and lacks the fiqh methodology to comprehensively join between it, the hadiths one has read are not even enough.
So one has to get over ones arrogance in these matters because arrogance is what led satan out of hell because he thought he knew better than Allah when Allah asked him to prostrate to Adam (As) he refused and said that he is made of clay and i of fire so why shuld i prostrate to him for i am better than him. Sameway we who lack knowledge should not think we know better than scholars who have been gifted knowledge from Allah and Allah has ordered us in the Qur'an to refer to them for knolwedge and so has Rasulallah (Pbuh) so if we do not follow what Allah and his rasul have said then we are only following our own desires and whims and then are surely misguided.

Hamza Asadullah
11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

It is one thing to agree or disagree with a book but to say this is halal and this is haram needs alot of knowledge and I would like to remind members that this should only be left for the experts in this field.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, if you look at my first post in this thread i quoted a scholar's opinion and as you have correctly stated we as lay people cannot give fatwa's but soe people do anyway. That is why i feel this section should be moderated more. Especially from those who rant on without knowledge and refuse to take from those who have knowledge. This is pure ignorance and arrogance. May Allah save us from this. Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
11-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Harry Who?

An Islamic Analysis of the Harry Potter Phenomenon
By Um Noah

Harry Potter and friends as characterised in the recent film.

Magic is an old human practice. It is sometimes defined as deception by showing something to an audience, which is contrary to reality. Magic is listed as the third major sin after Shirk and Murder, according to Adh-Dhahabi in his book 'Al-Kaba'ir' The Major Sins.

In the light of the above definition, Islam considers magic to be an act of blasphemy. Allah says:

They followed what the Shayâtin (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaimân (Solomon). Sulaimân did not disbelieve, but the Shayâtin (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Hârût and Mârût, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said,

"We are only for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)." And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allâh's Leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their own selves, if they but knew. (Qur'an 2:102)

In my quest to get a better understanding of those that read or watch things related to magic, I was quite surprised to find more Christians addressing this issue than Muslims. In fact I couldn't find one article regarding this issue. And with the recent release of the Harry Potter film, I'm even more driven to find a clear answer. Oh, I've heard the argument: "Harry Potter is wonderful, it encourages kids to read!"

Certainly, reading is important. Allah says:

Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists)
Has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).
Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous,
Who has taught (the writing) by the pen.(Qur'an 96 1-4)

But do you really think that Harry Potter is the kind of reading Allah had in mind?

The Prophet tells us that witchcraft, sorcery, and magic are evil. He (peace be upon him) said, "There are three who will not enter paradise: one who is addicted to wine, one who breaks ties of relationship, and one who believes in magic." (Ahmad)

And Allah's Apostle said, "Avoid the Mubiqat, i.e., shirk and witchcraft." (Bukhari)

Imaginary (or virtual) experiences and well-written fantasies can affect the mind and memories as much, if not more, than actual experiences. Designed to stir feelings and produce strong emotional responses, a well-planned myth with likeable characters can be far more memorable than the less exciting daily reality, especially when reinforced through books, toys and games as well as movies. It is no wonder Harry Potter fans have been counting the days to see the sorcery, magic, potions and spells.

Our children need good, moral characters to identify with. When they have been accustomed to reading and now seeing this fantasy we must ask ourselves as their protectors and educators if these are the types of role models we want for them.

Allah says:

O you who believe! Ward off from yourselves and your families a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not, (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allâh, but do that which they are commanded. (Qur'an 66:6)

Allah reminds us of our short existence in this life and the need to choose good over evil:

The life of this world is but play and pastime, but if you believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism), and fear Allâh, and avoid evil, He will grant you your wages, and will not ask you your wealth. (Qur'an 47:36)

By overexposing our children to the Harry Potter kind of material we run the risk that they may lose their natural aversion for the devious spirits represented by the creatures and symbols in these stories. Caught up in the exciting story, they absorb the suggested values and store the fascinating images in their minds, making the forbidden world of the occult seem more normal.

Professor Snape, a teacher at Hogwarts Academy in the Harry Potter film.

Fun fantasies and strategic entertainment have a special way of altering values, compromising beliefs and changing behavior in adults as well as in children. This learning process has been named "edutainment" a favored way to educate and entertain at the same time, for example Sesame Street. Its power to influence beliefs and behavior is illustrated by today's marketing firms; which spend billions on entertaining ads that touch emotions, ignore the facts, and yet motivate people to buy the product.

This Harry Potter 'ideology' is a good example. It comes complete with trading cards, computer and other wizardly games, clothes, action figures and cuddly dolls as well as audio cassettes that could keep the child's minds focused on the occult all day and into night. What's next, a Ouiji Board?

Teach your children Allah's Truths and train them to see reality through the teachings of Allah and His Prophet (peace be upon him) and not through the world's perspective. To succeed, we must be ever-conscious of their surroundings. Is it possible to shield them from contrary values, I'm sure it's not, however it is possible to offer them clear understandings of these things in light of the Qur'an and Sunnah. Once they have learned to love what Allah loves and hate what Allah hates, and to see life from His Words, they will demonstrate their wisdom by choosing to say "no" to Harry Potter and the like.

All right, so you've finished reading this editorial and you see things differently. All this time you've allowed your kids to read and view material related to magic, what do you do now to stop it?

Every family is different and therefore our approach to this matter will differ. You may need to cut it out completely and sit with your children to explain the situation in detail. We can only be accountable for what we know and our intentional acts. Being a Muslim means always learning. We are always growing and changing our views in order to meet the needs of our Faith at any age.

May Allah guide me and forgive me for anything that was said unintentionally, and in any respect not in accordance with Allah and His teachings. He is The All-Knower, and The Merciful.

Source:http://www.missionislam.com/family/harrywho.htm

ardianto
11-11-2009, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I never heard any comment from Indonesian scholars regarding to Harry Potter.
That's because Indonesian kids know, Harry Potter books/movies is just a fiction, not real.
And also, from Islamic aqeedah perspective, Harry Potter movies is safer than Indonesian Mystery Movies.
I laughed when I wrote this post because I thought Harry Potter is same as other witch or fairy tales. Just tale for children.

However, posts from brother abu_musab461 made me wonder. Then I seek some references about magic in web and I found brother abu_musab461 is right. Magics in Harry Potter books are based on real magics.

AlHoda
11-12-2009, 07:57 PM

Well, I thank you all, for your opininions, but I think in final conclusion my question was directed to the fact that it was a simple book that turned into a dangerous addiction,and led me astray. I suppose this books are the tools of the shaytan, and we don't even notice. It's shocking how many tools the shaytan uses to distract us from the remembrance of Allah (swt), so in the end I suppose the books are haram, they bring nothing but the shaytan to your house. I think absolutlely the Creator of all things would not approve of this, so I guess the discussion ends here. Thank you

May Allah have mercy with us all.

IAmZamzam
11-13-2009, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, brother ive noticed that in a lot of your posts you seem to rant on about things you have no knowldge about. Why? Learn and then make your conclusion but if you do not know then how can you comment and make your conclusion abut it?
Oh i forgot you don't take knowledge from scholars. Then out of your arrogance and ignorance you will remain lost and confused and without knowledge therefore easily misled and misguided.
How will you learn anything without taking knowledge from scholars? Thats impossible!
If Allah tells us in the Qur'an that refer to those who know if you know not then is Allah wrong? Then you are going against the commands of Allah aswell as our Prophet (Pbuh) who clearly stated that the scholars are the successors of the Prophets.
You could say one thing incorrect and be taken out of the fold of Islam that is why its crucial that we take our knowledge from those who know because we CANNOT make our own interpretations. You don't even know Arabic so how can you even begin to critique widely known intepretations from certain verses in the Qur'an?
When one does not have substantive knowledge of the Qur’an and hadith corpus, and lacks the fiqh methodology to comprehensively join between it, the hadiths one has read are not even enough.
So one has to get over ones arrogance in these matters because arrogance is what led satan out of hell because he thought he knew better than Allah when Allah asked him to prostrate to Adam (As) he refused and said that he is made of clay and i of fire so why shuld i prostrate to him for i am better than him. Sameway we who lack knowledge should not think we know better than scholars who have been gifted knowledge from Allah and Allah has ordered us in the Qur'an to refer to them for knolwedge and so has Rasulallah (Pbuh) so if we do not follow what Allah and his rasul have said then we are only following our own desires and whims and then are surely misguided.
Who's the ranter?

All this hypocritical anti-ranting ranting, all these false, overblown allegations, all these words put in my mouth, all these insulting comparisons to Satan himself--all because I corrected some terribly mistaken (and apparently possibly anti-Semitic) allegations of black magic on the likes of black magic skeptic and debunker Harry Houdini, and begged people to consider that their behavior was feeding negative stereotypes, and pointed out that books in which things like shouting "Riddikulus!" to make a monster based on your worst fear turn into a silly thing that no longer scares you hardly poses a Satanic threat based on real magic.

I feel like the judge in the Monty Python sketch who hears the long, impassioned, tangential speech pleading for freedom from the defendant which approaches Wordsworth in style, length, and intensity, only to reply in a bored, annoyed tone, "It's only a [expletive] parking offense!"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.