/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asking the Imam

catalzzy
11-01-2009, 11:26 PM
:sl:

I am planning to marry as soon as possible, but i havent found anyone yet.
So, if i ask the imam, would he let me go ahead and the imam would ask the women's family for me to marry?

I dont know how it may work, plus i am shy to ask :embarrass

Any advice will be needed.

May Allah Taala bless you

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
catalzzy
11-02-2009, 04:56 PM
:><: :hmm:

Brasco
11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Maybe, the Imam will mention it during the sermon or after the prayer! I'm not sure bro :D

catalzzy
11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
really? so all i can do is to talk to the imam after prayer?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brasco
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Insha'allah!! One bro told me, that this is a good way!! Ask him before prayer, in order that he can mention during the very sermon or afterwards :) Insha'allah, all will we okay! Insha'allah you'll find a righteous muslima!!

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 07:02 PM
The local Imaam is a good source. Typically the Imaam will know nearly everybody at te Masjid. Who knows possibly a sister has asked him to help her find a husband. Beside that he may know a family who has a daughter who is ideal for you.

catalzzy
11-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Mashallah. btw, is it a sin if i get married right now without letting my parents knowing?

May Allah bless u all. :D

cat eyes
11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
this post made me laugh a little dear bro the imam is not running a marriage site where he can pick out a girl for you at the drop of a hat lol Ask Allah to find you a girl as soon as possible. yeah sure you can ask imams an stuff but ive always believed don't depend on people because they would get your hopes up only to let you down like he could know of sisters but not know if they are married or not thats the problem lol

catalzzy
11-02-2009, 08:40 PM
lol.. well, i did ask Allah Taala for help, but if that is not possible say, i have trouble finding the girl whom i want to marry, but hey i could ask the imam to find me a spouse?

Brasco
11-02-2009, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
this post made me laugh a little dear bro the imam is not running a marriage site where he can pick out a girl for you at the drop of a hat lol Ask Allah to find you a girl as soon as possible. yeah sure you can ask imams an stuff but ive always believed don't depend on people because they would get your hopes up only to let you down like he could know of sisters but not know if they are married or not thats the problem lol

I think, it is easy for the imam, since he is like the shepherd of the community - our imam knows every one of us by name and also about our family!! he can make a public mention in the mosque!! :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-03-2009, 03:46 AM
:sl:

Do you have friends that are married? You can ask them to ask their wives to put the word out that you're looking for marriage. Usually works very well, especially if they have large networks.

catalzzy
11-03-2009, 09:15 AM
you guys havent answered my question :P

is it a sin if i get married right now without letting my parents knowing?

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.