/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unfair?!

AnonymousPoster
11-02-2009, 03:26 AM
On the Internet, I do not play games or do anything "bad". Nor do I do anything that wastes time.

I research, read, web design, web develop, etc.

Alhamdulillah, I've also been able to keep up with school alongside.

I do read Qur'aan, but by myself. My parents expect me to say it to them all the time. I'm in my mid-teenage years.

And if I do not say a juz of the Qur'aan from memory to them, they strip away my rights to the computer.

Is that fair? :raging:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Humbler_359
11-02-2009, 03:39 AM
:sl: brother Guest :D,

Just don't be angry, always respect your parents..They want the best for you and discipline you harder. :D

Be patient and learn to memorize verses. Allah (subhana wa Taala) reward for their actions and your memory.

YusufNoor
11-02-2009, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
On the Internet, I do not play games or do anything "bad". Nor do I do anything that wastes time.

I do read Qur'aan, but by myself. My parents expect me to say it to them all the time. I'm in my mid-teenage years.

And if I do not say a juz of the Qur'aan from memory to them, they strip away my rights to the computer.

:sl:

FAIR? are you kidding?

say Alhumdulillah that Allah blessed you with such parents!

how would you like to be a 50 year old revert who sucks at languages, even English. so much so that if i EVER memorize 1 whole Juz, i'll be so grateful and happy!

now, can i kick your....

:omg:

:wa:

Woodrow
11-02-2009, 04:11 AM
I join Bro YusufNoor. You are blessed to have such parents. You are now in the years for the best time of memorising. Be happy you are pressured to do so while you still have the ability.

As strong as my desire is to memorize the Qur'an the harder is the ability to remember. At my age I am very much aware I only have limited years to memorize anything and I have much fear that my years will end long before I memorize even one Juz.

You will be surprised at how few years you have in front of you before memorizing becomes almost impossible.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
11-02-2009, 04:20 AM
It's for your own good bro. Unless you recite Qur'an to someone else, it will be very difficult to maintain it.

A Hafiz of Qur'an is a Distinguished student.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2009, 05:20 AM
im totally with your parents on this one. there seems to be some kind of "virus" going around these days where teenagers-yes teenagers!- think they are grown up and mature and therefore done need to listen to their parents and/or think their parents are backwards...come on, how responsible can a teenager be...how much can you trust a teenager who insists that they are mature and grown up :-\ (no offense)

zakirs
11-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Lol bro you are lucky to have such parents.. :)

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 01:47 PM
You should be thankful that your parents care for you, instead of letting you do whatever you want.

IbnAbdulHakim
11-02-2009, 02:03 PM
lol your parents sound amazing :D

Sampharo
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Wish my parents did that! God bless them.

Look I know what you're saying is based on you being a mid-teen and you want to do things and not have pressures and all that. (I have one of you in my house! :D hahaha)

Just be patient and yes accept that pressure and work with it rather than fighting. Your outlook soon will change so much and you will be like us saying "Oh my God, thank God they did that!"

If you can just stop for a second to study the unequaled rewards and status given to Hafiz, and learn later how much harder it is to do so as an adult than it is as a child or teenager, you will be praying for them in every prayer.

May God help you in your memorizations.

Asiyah3
11-02-2009, 03:59 PM

I agree with the others, lucky you :shade:. I would just like to add here and remind that one should try to learn the Qur'an al-hakeem not for one's parents but for Allah, may he be Exalted and Glorified.
So that you may be rewarded for it.
Allah accepts only deeds that are 100% for him. (Though don't get me wrong, I am not critisizing YOUR motives. )

May Allah reward you and your parents

Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, when a person is young then a lot of the times we may rebel against what our parents want us to do whether thats education, reading the Qur'an or doing namaz etc. But i can and a lot of us can tell you from experience that NOW is the time to learn and memorize as much of the Qur'an as you can. Now is the time to gain education and to learn as much about Islam as you can because the older you get the harder it gets. It is because over the years one is shackled by ones own sins so it becomes MUCH harder to remember the Qur'an and learn new things.

Right now your brain is like a sponge so soak up that knowledge even if you have to force yourself because let me tell you one thing you will thank your parents SO much one day for pushing you like this. Trust me! A lot of us have already stated that you are so lucky to have parents to push you in this way because my parents did'nt and so have many of our parents. So count yourself lucky and learn as much of the Qur'an and Islam as you can and become a hafiz for the pleasure of Allah and enjoy countless and abundant rewards and success in this world and the next!

THE REWARDS OF ONE WHO BECOMES A HAFIZ

IN THE DUNYA

The Hafiz of the Quran has such a rank in this world that he is one of only two types of people considered worthy of envy.

Under the Chapter of the Blessedness of the Holy Quran's keeper in Sahih Bukhari is the following hadith:

"Abu Huraira (Ra)rated that Rasulullah (Pbuh) There is no jealousy but of two men: A man whom Allah has taught the Quran and he recites is during the hours of the night and during the hours of the day, and his neighbor listens to him and says: "I wish I had been given what has been given to so-and-so, in order that I might do what he does; and a man whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it on what is just and right, whereupon another man may say: "I wish I had been given what so-and-so has been given, for then I would do what he does" (Sahih Bukhari).

In a riwaayah from Tirmidhi listed in Muntakhab Ahadith is the following detail of the reward for reciting each letter of the Quran:

Abdullah ibn Masud (Ra) rated that Rasulullah (Pbuh) said: He who reads one letter of the Quran it (becomes) for him a good deed, and a single good deed is rewarded (by Allah) by ten times the like thereof. I am not saying that Alif-Lam-Mim is (just) one word, but that Alif is a (separate) letter (word), Lam is a (separate) letter (word), and Mim is a (separate) letter (word). (Tirmidhi)

Mufti Ebrahim Desai (db) writes:

“For every alphabet of the Quran he had recited, he earned a minimum of ten rewards. The maximum reward is best known by Allah U. The Quran has 6666 verses. Every verse has many alphabets. Imagine the number of alphabets a Hafiz recites. On an average of 3 alphabets per verse a Hafiz will recite approximately, 20,000 (twenty thousand) alphabets in the entire Quran. That multiplied by ten rewards per alphabet is 200,000 (two hundred thousand). In the course of memorising the Quran, a Hafiz makes great sacrifices. He recites one verse many times. If he had recited one verse at least 10 times, the reward of completing the Quran only once will be two million. Imagine how many times thereafter, a Hafiz recites the Quran, how many Taraweehs he performs, the rewards of all that is far beyond our very limited comprehension. Probably, mathematical figures will be exhausted but not the infinite rewards of Allah U for a Hafiz-ul-Quran.”

In addition to the rewards one accrues for the hereafter there are also benefits which are become manifest in the dunya also:

“Hadrat Abu Hurairah (Pbuh) In the house where the Quran is read, the household members increase, virtues and blessings multiply, angels descend upon the house and Shaytaan quits the home.” (Fazail-e-Quran)

ON THE DAY OF QIYAMAH

Mufti Ebrahim Desai (db) has written:

“Mu'aadh al-Juhani narrates that Rasulullah r said, 'Whosoever recites the Quran and practices upon its injunctions, the reciter's parents will be given a crown on the day of Qiyaamat. The brightness of that crown will be more intense than the brightness of the sun in your actual house.'

Rasulullah (Pbuh) further said, 'What do you think will be given to the Hafiz (reciter) of the Quran himself?'” (Mishkaat Vol I.)

Shaykh ul Hadith writes in Fazail-e-Quran that Hadhrat Umar t reports that Rasulullah (Ra) “Three persons are such as will have no fear of the horrors on the Day of Judgement, nor will they be required to render any account. They will stroll merrily on mounds of musk until the people are relieved of rendering their account. One is a person who learnt the Quran, merely seeking Allah’s U pleasure and therewith leads people in salaat in a manner that they are pleased with him…”

He writes further: “The severity, the horror, the dread and the miseries of the Day of Judgement are so great that a true Muslim is neither mindful nor unaware of them. To be relieved of those worries in any way on the Day of Judgement is a favor that surpasses thousands of blessings and millions of pleasures. The narrator of this hadith, Hadrat Abdullah Ibn Umar t is quoted as saying: “If I had not heard this hadith from Rasulullah r once, once again, and once again (he repeated it seven times), I would never have reported it."

TOWARDS JANNAH

Maulana Ashiq Ilahi (rah) writes that Hadrat Ali(Pbuh) reports that Rasulullah r said:

“Anyone who knows the Quran by heart and follows the lawful and the prohibited according to it, he will be sent to Heaven by Allah U.” (Tirmidhi).

He continues: “One who knows the Holy Quran by heart will be allowed to intercede for ten persons with success. But one should mention that the intercessor must be practicing the laws mentioned in the Quran and fulfilling all the demands of the Book of Allah U. (What Happens After Death)

It is narrated from Hadhrat Abdullah ibn Amr(Ra) that Rasulullah (Pbuh) said: Allah U will say to a Hafiz (upon his death and on the day of Qiyaamat) 'Recite the Quran and (upon reciting each Verse) climb (a stage in Jannah) and continue reciting as you used to in the world as your abode in Jannah is upon the last verse you recite.' (Mishkaat vol.1 pg.186; Me'raaj)

Mufti Ebrahim Desai (db) commenting on this hadith states: “Obviously, the Hafiz will stop at the last verse of the Quran. The commentators of [this] Hadith have stated that the highest abode in Jannah is equivalent to the number of verses in the Qur'aan. Therefore, upon completing the recitation of the Quran, a Hafiz will be in highest abode of Jannah."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.