/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What makes a forum active?

OurIslamic
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd like to hear others' opinions on what makes a forum active. Is it the owner? Staff? Members?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fטлку
11-04-2009, 04:39 PM
The Members I think...nobody wants to join an empty forum :hmm:

Muslim Woman
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
I'd like to hear others' opinions on what makes a forum active. Is it the owner? Staff? Members?
Many participants and thier positive participations.

Beardo
11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
I'll go back into some history...

March of 2008, I opened an Islamic forum. By June 2009, it had over 2000 members.

How many were active?

Less than 20.

So going back to the question... If you really want to make a website that will benefit the people, you have to create something unique. You have to attract the audience, without using a preaching fashion (in the lack of better words).

Alhamdulillah Masha'Allah, never for a split second have I regretted acquiring this forum. Members definitely play the biggest role. A forum, after all, is what it's members make it out to be.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
11-04-2009, 05:29 PM
The brother above me pretty much said it. Members who post daily make a forum active, and the more members posting daily, the more active a forum becomes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.