/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Myth of "Eurabia"

Argamemnon
11-02-2009, 06:27 PM
The Eurabia authors are concerned about declining European fertility, but in reality the Muslim decline is much sharper.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/1f4cf7c4-a...0779e2340.html

Also,

BBC NEWS Muslim Demographics: The Truth:

Millions of people have watched a YouTube video which claims that Europe is fast becoming dominated by a growing Muslim population.

The claims the video called 'Muslim Demographics' makes are rather startling. But are they true?

BBC Radio 4's More or Less programme crunches the numbers.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ss/8190033.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Argamemnon
11-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Aside from the issue of declining fertility, it is extremely sad (if true) that according to the above article, Muslims in France are losing their religion.

Supreme
11-02-2009, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Aside from the issue of declining fertility, it is extremely sad (if true) that according to the above article, Muslims in France are losing their religion.
Such a thing is bound to happen in secular Europe. It happened to Christianity, and unfortunately it will happen to every religion where people have a right to choose. Unfortunately, given the choice in a secular state, most people will choose to do what they want instead of abiding by their religion's rules. (That's not to say people will stop to be Muslims or Christians, and millions of people still are. It just means people will take religion a lot less seriously.)

Anyway, I think the video pretty much destroyed every case the British Facist/Nationalist Party is putting across about Muslims immigration. Very interesting video.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I suspect that Europe will follow a trend similat to what happens here in the USA, The Muslim population Increases, but at the same time the Population inreases overall by large immigration of non-Muslims. The percentages stay fairly near unchanged. Any real change resulting in increase of Muslims will not come from migration, but from Non-Muslim Americans reverting to Islam.

Sampharo
11-03-2009, 06:36 AM
The article is well written and has taken an alternate view to the trend, which can be said as sad. I believe there is a lot of truth in this one actually over the former views that European muslim population was exploding, one that I admit I was personally adopting.

However, I have an argument against one idea, perhaps personified by this sentence:
The other problem with forecasting numbers of European Muslims in 2100 is the presumption that sixth-generation European Muslims will still be a foreign body here: Islam as a bacillus that even secular former *Muslims carry around, forever dangerous. This ignores the transition affecting many nominal Muslims in France.
While this was basically true for a long while, no one can downplay the recent surge in the return to Islamic values ALL OVER the World. In Egypt if someone was wearing a veil in the 70's, they would be stared at like an outer space alien. Ardianto I believe was the one recently telling us that Indonesia until recently had a strong secularist government, and today Islamic notions are rising everywhere. Turkey was as secularist and even more unislamic than European countries (veiled women were forbidden) except the last period: veiled women came into office, ties with Israel are being broken, and attention to their Islamic identity is resurfacing. I heard of 20 friends of univeristy and old times, who either started practicing, growing a beard, or got involved in scholarly work rather than having been just wasteful youth.

There is a definite trend that cannot be controlled, where it seems the information spread and societal norms have revived the Islamic message and practice amongst its people, and no matter how many generations a muslim family is in Europe, if new reverts are practicing, then a vast number of those muslims will maintain their identity and religion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.