/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sheikh Zayed Passed away today five years ago

brotherubaid
11-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Assalam O Alikum

Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Aal Nahyan the president and founder of United Arab Emirates passed away on this day about 5 years ago.

He was a great leader , spent his life for the people for UAE and Muslims around the world , and this could be seen through all the work that he has done all over the Muslim lands n even non muslim lands for the Muslims , liek his school in new zealand for girls and many more. He was a very very generous and visionary man. He has got unlimited support and projects in palestine n lebanon n afghanistan n bosnia and all over the world , pakistan , bangladesh i mean its hard to even count.

Just saw it on the news paper today and missed him a lot, Reminded me of soo many incidents and things over the years. i was born n raised in UAE even though im not an emarati , and i really appreciate all that he has done for the nationals and the expatriates and everyone who has lived in this country. He has always helped poor muslim countries a lot , has lots of hospitals , schools , mosques all over the world , He used all his resources in helping others n gave literally everything back to the community and the Muslim Ummah in general. I dont know why just the thought of him can easily make me cry , We love him like a father and ask Allah to reward him.

I remmeber once he asked how many peopel were in the main jail , he was told about 8000 , so he asked them to let everyone out and frgive everybody, except a few very serious cases. Very merciful , humble and caring man.

I ask Allah to have mercy on him and forgive him and to accept all his good deeds and make his scales heavy and to over look and forgive all his bad deeds. May Allah help and guide his sons and other rulers of the emirates to all that is good and righteous and protect them.

Assalam O Alikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-02-2009, 08:03 PM

Cabdullahi
11-02-2009, 08:09 PM
he was a great man ...may allah grant him jannah and guide his sons

Danah
11-02-2009, 08:40 PM
May Allah have mercy on him, yeah it was on Nov 2004, as if it happened yesterday subhanAllah!!

He was the greatest leader I have ever know in the latest centuary, I have never seen any one talked about him badly. He had done alot for his people and muslims in general. I still recall the moments his death was announced in TV channels, it was an awful day for all Emaraties and non Emaraties in UAE

No one mentions that man without following the sentence "may Allah have mercy on him" afterwards

May Allah reward him abundantly for all his good deeds he had done and grant him jannal al ferdos.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Humbler_359
11-02-2009, 08:50 PM
:sl:

I have been living in Abu Dhabi pretty long time before moving to Canada. I know Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan, everywhere and remembered him in my high school. :cry:

Danah
11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
^ those pictures brings tears to my eyes :cry:

I remember when we were kids in school we used to call him "papa" Zayed instead of sheikh Zayed

The_Prince
11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
i remember he died in the month of ramadan, me and my friends were in sheesha, and then it came up in the breaking news and everyone went and stood around the tv. the next days everywhere was closed except a few sheesha places which was the only place to go.

Supreme
11-02-2009, 11:07 PM
May he rest in peace.

brotherubaid
11-03-2009, 05:44 PM
One of the greatest leaders, i mean if u dont know him u gotta read about his life, i mean he gave soo much back to the comunity , n not just his country , all over the world.

When the Bosnia war was going on he sent lots of aid with some troops as well to distribute them n the head of the group called him n said theer are also some non muslims that are suffering , so he send more supplies as well and said Muslim or non muslim , they are all creatures of the lord , and we will support them all and help them. I dont remmebtr his exact words but he said a lot more as well that made me cry when i heared it the first time. He realy was a human full of mercy and compassion.

Yes that was a sad day when he died, i remmber i was in Usa , at university when i heared it and i felt sick. Tears wont stop like it was a close relative or friend of mine.
All over the world peple made duaas for him n had funerals as well, even in our little city of Kalamazoo Michiagn.

N yes seeing his pictures really brings back all the memories and all that he has done , n it can easily make u cry just to look at him. People just dont really know who he was , if they did im sure they will feel the same as well.

In his last days he would look out of his window n look at abu dhabi city n Praise Alah and Thank him , He used to say a lot of AlhumdoLILLAH , He used to praise n thank Allah a lot n do lots of Istighfaar. He was happy that he had achieved for his nationals a good life, a home for everyone , great job and educational opportunities for all , great health care services.

May Allah shower His mercies on him.

I hope this day remonds us atleast to keep him in our Duaa

coz as u all know that only three things benefit a person after his death.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When a person dies all his deeds are cut off except three; an ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge, and a righteous child who prays for him” (the deceased). Narrated Muslim

AlhumdoLILLAH shekh zayed has lots of Ongoing cgarities all over the world in shapes of hospitals mosques n school n residential projects , and he taught his people beneficial knowledge n made ways for them to learn it , now its up to us all , to mae duaas for him , It will all increase his deeds n add up to his deeds InshahAllah.

So remmeber him in your prayers InshahAllah , That is the best thing that we can do for him now that he is gone.

Assalam O Alikum

Supreme
11-03-2009, 06:36 PM
I've just done a bit of research on him. A truly wonderful man, and a fantastic role model for Muslims and non Muslims alike. He introduced religious tolerance for Christians, unlike Saudi Arabia, and established the UAE as a regional power. He was pious and lived a traditional life, despite his huge wealth, and remains popular in UAE, the Arab world and the West. May God rest his soul.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.