/* */

PDA

View Full Version : urgent help please

mariyyah
11-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Asslamou alaikoum ,

I really dont know what to do everyday i feel sick or may be im thinking that iam sick i really dont know everyday im staying at home i feel that im not very well then my heart start beat and my teeth gave me pain and i feel no energy on me , i went to doctor he said thats only depression and stress he gave me medicine i didnt take it but my problem is now with my husband im complaining everytime of my health and my husband get up set and he doesnt like it and he told me that he does not need my complain and that im only wasswassa i really dont know how to control my self to not complain is like im enjoying sickness is like i start like to think im sick im very worry please any help and advice everyminutes i can complain from different illness and then im relax

PLease could you answer my question am i sick or just im thinking iam sick ?

Jazakoum ALLAH khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
11-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

:threadapp

zakirs
11-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Sister although i could not tell for sure ican give some pointers..

I really dont know what to do everyday i feel sick or may be im thinking that iam sick i really dont know everyday im staying at home i feel that im not very well then my heart start beat and my teeth gave me pain and i feel no energy on me , i went to doctor he said thats only depression and stress he gave me medicine i didnt take it but my problem is now with my husband im complaining everytime of my health and my husband get up set and he doesnt like it and he told me that he does not need my complain and that im only wasswassa i really dont know how to control my self to not complain is like im enjoying sickness is like i start like to think im sick im very worry please any help and advice everyminutes i can complain from different illness and then im relax

Sister Salaam,

Through out the post there is no serious symptom.. could this be due to your excessive thought ? look at the bold lines.Don't think too much.Why don't you take the meds by the doctor ?

mariyyah
11-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Alaikoum Assalam BROTHER,Thank you very much

i didnt take the medicine because they are medicine for depression and it will be difficult for me in the future if i take them to live without them but i think i have to take them otherwise i will get worse

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
11-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Hmm, may be somebody experienced with depression related drugs can help ? Any body to help with this thread please ?

tresbien
11-03-2009, 08:22 PM
read quran and do dikr before u sleep.

AnonyMouse~
11-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Asalamualaykum,
You should think of the countless blessings Allah has given you. Don't keep telling yourself your weak etc rather have faith in Allah and be happy for what you have. If you need to complain, don't complain to people as they get sick of it. Rather learn to communicate with Allah, who can actually DO something about it. You should keep yourself busy with gaining knowledge and reciting quran rather than contemplating over how boring and lonely life is. Bottom line, look at life more positively and always say alhamdulilah. :)

Caller الداعي
11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
may Allah cure you soon!

Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2009, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariyyah
Asslamou alaikoum ,

Jazakoum ALLAH khairan

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister may Allah give you shifa. It could well be the effects of waswasa. I would recommend that you follow the advice in these three articles about what to do about waswasa and even if it is'nt waswasa we should still follow these beneficial guidelines to avoid the effects of waswasa. If symptoms still persist then i do think you should refer yourself to reliable local Aalim.

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my sister fear not have FULL hope,trust and faith in Allah.

I have pasted these 3 articles which will help you and all others avoid the evil effects of magic and the influence of satan inshallah:

1) Praise be to Allaah

People who have had experience with such situations have related that the following are among the signs of a person who is possessed by jinn (or Satan):

Strong repulsion when hearing Qur’aan or Aathaan (call for prayers).
Episodes of losing consciousness and/or epileptic attacks, especially when Qur’aan is recited for the possessed person.

Frequent nightmares during sleep.

Tendency to avoid people accompanied by out-of-the-norm behavior.

The jinn who possesses him might speak when Qur’aan is recited for the possessed person.

Madness, as stated in the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): "Those who devour usury will not stand except as stands one whom Satan by his touch hath driven to [epileptic] madness…" 2:275

As for a person struck by magic he might experience the following:

Dislike of one’s spouse, as indicated in the Qur’aan by the following verse (interpretation of the meaning): "And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife..." (Al-Baqarah, 2:102).

Different attitude in the house from that which is outside the house. For example, a person will feel that he is missing his family when is outside the house but when he goes home, love changes quickly to extreme hatred.

Inability to have sexual intercourse with one’s spouse.

Frequent miscarriage for pregnant women.

Sudden change in behavior without obvious reason.

Complete loss of appetite for food.

Thinking or imagining one has done something when in reality one has not.

Sudden obedience and/or love for a particular person.

It should be noted that if a person experiences some of the above symptoms this does not necessarily mean that he is either possessed by a jinn or struck by black magic. It might be due to physiological or psychological reasons.

As for curing this condition the following steps are recommended:

Putting one’s trust in Allah with sincere belief that He is the only cure for everything.

Reading Qur’aan and known supplications expressing seeking refuge, the most important and effective of which is sura 113 and 114, Al-Falaq and Al-Naas, which were used to cure the Prophet himself. Surah 112, Al-Ikhlaas, is recommended along with them, as well as the opening chapter of the Qur’aan, Al-Fatihah.

To cure black magic some have successfully used seven lotus-tree leaves. The leaves should be crushed, then mixed them with water enough for taking a bath. The following verses from the Qur’aan are then recited: verse Al-Kursi (2:255), surah Al-Kafiroon (109), surah 112, 113, 114; the verses which mention magic, which are: in surah Al-Baqarah (2:102), Al-A’raaf (3:117-119), Yunus (10:79-82), and Taha (20:65-69). The possessed person drinks some of the water, and the rest is used to give him a bath.

Removing the elements of magic as was done by the Prophet when he was struck by black magic by a Jewish man called Lubaid Ben Al-‘Aasim.

Eating seven Aa’liya Al-Barniy dates (among the dates of Al-Madinah) first thing in the morning; if not possible, any dates will suffice, by the will of Allaah.

Cupping--removing excess blood.

Supplications.

And we ask Allaah to cure your brother and ease your hardship and his, as He is the One who cures and there is no one else who can cure.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Source:http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/240

Second article:

2) In his response to the question raised on black magic, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

The best protection and immunity against black magic is by empowering yourself through practicing Islam, reading the Qur’an and making constant dhikr and du`a’.

Allah has promised the faithful that devils cannot exercise permanent control over those servants of Allah who have submitted to Him; Satan can exercise permanent control only over those who acquiesce and surrender themselves to his authority.

Almighty Allah says: “Most certainly, My servants–you cannot exercise control over them except those who are deviant who follow you.” (Al-Hijr: 42) “Most certainly he (Satan) has no power over those who truly cherish faith and are trusting upon their Lord; rather his power is limited only to those who take him as a protector (besides God) and thus associate partners with Him.” (An-Nahl: 99-100)

The first and foremost requirement is to believe firmly that no one, however great his powers may be, can benefit or harm you except if Allah wills it. The Qur’an reminds us repeatedly that a true believer must believe firmly that Allah alone is the One Who can give us benefit or harm in an absolute sense; everything that befalls us from humans or other creatures is only secondary and is achieved only through the power derived from Allah; so the best remedy and cure is to continuously seek protection and refuge in Allah. Satan and all of his tricks and weapons could be defeated and rendered utterly ineffective if Allah wills.

I give below a number of selections of verses of the Qur’an and du`a’ which you can recite on a regular basis:

1) Al-Fatihah

2) Last three chapters of the Qur’an (i.e., Surahs 112, 113, 114)

3) Ayat al-Kursi (i.e., Al-Baqarah: 255)

Besides the above, repeat the following du`a’s on a regular basis both in the morning and evening three times or more:

1) Bismillahi alladhi la yadurru ma`a ismihi shay’un fi al-ardi wa la fi as-sama’i wa huwa as-sami`u al-`alim

(In the name of Allah; with His name, nothing whatsoever on earth or heaven can inflict any harm; He is All-Hearing and All-Knowing).

2) Hasbiya Allahu la ilaha illa huwa `alayhi tawakkaltu wahuwa rabbu al-`arshi al-`azhim

(Allah suffices me; there is no god but He; in Him I place my sole trust; He is the Lord of the mighty Throne).

3) Allaahumma ini a`duhu bika min hamazati ash-shayatin wa a`udhu bika rabbi an yahdurun

(O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the whisperings of Satan; my Lord, I seek refuge in You from their presence around me).

4) A`udhu bi `izzati Allahi wa qudratihi mimma ajidu wa uhadhiru

(I seek refuge in Allah’s glory and power from the affliction and pain I experience and suffer from).

It is important to remember that du`a’ and dhikr will only benefit when it comes from a heart that firmly believes in Allah, and thus cherishes firm conviction in Allah’s power and sovereignty.”

Source:http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503547054

Third Article

3) Black magic is an undeniable fact, yet this does not mean when we face any problem we think that it should necessarily be a black magic. The fact that your brother did not get married till now is not necessarily due to a black magic done against him. You should search for the real reasons behind this. In most cases, these are mere Satanic whispers which Satan make use of to spoil people’s life and harms their commitment to religion. To get rid of such Satanic whispers a Muslim should be keen to read the authentic supplications particularly ayat Al-Kursi and surat Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and An-Nas.

Generally speaking, it should be demonstrated that black magic is one of the well-established facts, and it is mentioned in the Qur’an and the Sunnah. As for the Islamic legal status on practicing black magic, it is forbidden, and this makes one’s prayer unaccepted for forty days, and believing in what magician or sorcerer says renders one a disbeliever.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Whoever blows on knots practices magic, and whoever practices magic is a mushrik (polytheist).” (Reported by At-Tabarani)

`Abdullah ibn Mas`ud reported, “Anyone who goes to a diviner, a practitioner of magic or a soothsayer, asking something and believing in what he says, denies what was revealed to Muhammad.” (Reported by Al-Bazzar and Abu Ya`la)

Magic can be dispelled through magicians themselves or sorcerers or through applying their methods. However, it is forbidden to go to a magician or a soothsayer or the like to dispel the magic as stated in the hadiths of the Prophet.

Magic can also be dispelled by the power of the Glorious Qur’an, which was sent down as a cure and mercy for believers; doing so is highly commendable. This is based on what is known in the Sunnah that angel Gabriel used the Qur’an (Al-Mu`awwidhatayn, or the Two Protective Surahs, i.e. Al-Falaq and An-Nas) in dispelling the evil charm done to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) by the Jews. Moreover, surat Al-Baqarah is known to have the power of driving away evil spirits and dispelling magic.

Regarding Black magic and how to dispel it, the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Hanooti, member of the North American Fiqh Council, states:

“The Qur'an talks about black magic in surat Al-Baqarah: “And they followed what the Shaitans chanted of sorcery in the reign of Sulaiman, and Sulaiman was not an unbeliever, but the Shaitans disbelieved, they taught men sorcery and that was sent down to the two angels at Babel, Harut and Marut, yet these two taught no man until they had said, "Surely we are only a trial, therefore do not be a disbeliever." Even then men learned from these two, magic by which they might cause a separation between a man and his wife; and they cannot hurt with it any one except with Allah’s permission, and they learned what harmed them and did not profit them, and certainly they know that he who bought it should have no share of good in the hereafter and evil was the price for which they sold their souls, had they but known this.” (Al-Baqarah: 102 )‏

Another reference from the Qur’an is surat Al-Falaq: “Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of the dawn. From the evil of what He has created. And from the evil of the utterly dark night when it comes. And from the evil of those who blow on knots. And from the evil of the envious when he envies.” (Al-Falaq: 1-5)

There is another verse that is relevant to this issue from surat Al-Baqarah: “Those who swallow down usury cannot arise except as one whom Shaitan has prostrated by (his) touch does rise. That is because they say, trading is only like usury; and Allah has allowed trading and forbidden usury. To whomsoever then the admonition has come from his Lord, then he desists, he shall have what has already passed, and his affair is in the hands of Allah; and whoever returns (to it)-- these are the inmates of the fire; they shall abide in it.” (Al-Baqarah: 275)

These verses are very clear in reference to the power Allah made through these jinn in magic or possession. When you say, a`udhu billahi mina Ash-shaytani Ar-rajim (I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed), then certainly Allah accepts protecting you and giving you refuge against any evildoer. Reading the Qur’an and making dhikr will be helpful to overcome any shaytan’s plan. Allah says, “Verily, the plan of a shaytan is weak.” I advise you both to seek the help from Allah through practicing full Islam and avoiding any sinful arena or action.”

Sheikh `Atiyyah Saqr, former head of Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee, adds:

“The word "magic" is mentioned in the Qur'an 60 times. The verse 102 of surat Al-Baqarah has the following implications:

1- Magic has been known as a well-established fact regardless of it changing the forms of things.

2- Magic involves things that may be beneficial or harmful, as Allah says: “learned from these two, magic by which they might cause a separation between a man and his wife…”

3- Magic cannot have any effect save by the Will of Almighty Allah, as Allah says: “…and they cannot hurt with it any one except with Allah’s permission…”

4- Adhering to magic renders one a disbeliever, as Allah says: “…but the Shaitans disbelieved, they taught men sorcery…”

The views of Muslim scholars carry culminate in the following:

1-Attributing the effect of the magic to anything other than Allah renders one a disbeliever.

2-Practicing magic or sorcery for the sake of harming people is totally forbidden. Based on this, it is a form of disbelief to torture people with a magic spell or subject them to the evil of jinn.”

In brief, the first and foremost requirement as regards dispelling black magic is to believe firmly that no one, however great his powers may be, can benefit or harm one except if Allah wills it. Then every Muslim should empower his/herself through practicing Islam, reading the Qur’an and consistency in dhikr and du`a’. In particular, one may do the following:

1) perform prayers regularly;

2) recite morning and evening supplications;

3) start everything in Allah’s Name and seek Allah’s Protection and Refuge before taking a bath;

4) recite or listen to the recitation of surat Al-Baqarah daily for some days (a week for instance); and

5) put his/her trust in Allah, invoke Him always and keep away from sins.

Source:http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543818

Ramadhan
11-04-2009, 05:24 AM
apart from the obvious ones such as praying and dhikr, there are other practical steps that you can do:
Basically, try to reduce any free time you have as much as possible. Too much free time only enables you think about things that are not there.
- do household chores as much as you can or as much as you like
- do you have children? then maybe you can do more activities with your children
- take up hobby. you can channel your obsession (you may suffer from hypochondriac) into doing activities that you really like, whether planting flowers, painting, writing, etc.
- have healthy balanced diet and do regular physical exercises
- join womens organizations or any social organization so you can give help to others
- go on a holiday with you rhusband and family.

sevgi
11-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Sis...you need to email me more often...

mariyyah
11-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Assalamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

I would like to know if it is haram in the islam or not ?to go to a man doctor especially in a forign country that we have no choice to have a women doctor ?

I would like to know if it is haram or not to work and earn money from non muslims especially if you are in a foriegn country ?

I would like to know if it is haram to buy food from non muslims markets especially if you are in a foriegn country ?

I would like to know?.......

Jazakoum ALLAH khairan

zakirs
11-04-2009, 03:57 PM
ke to know if it is haram in the islam or not ?to go to a man doctor especially in a forign country that we have no choice to have a women doctor ?
Its completely accepted to be treated by a male doctor if you can't find a female one. Just take ur husband. http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20157/male%20doctor

[QUOTE]
I would like to know if it is haram or not to work and earn money from non muslims especially if you are in a foriegn country ?
I would like to know if it is haram to buy food from non muslims markets especially if you are in a foriegn country ?
Yes sister its ok ,Remember Allah is the most merciful.:)

What is permitted to us is to deal with the kuffaar in ways that are permissible. So we may engage in trade with them, import goods from them, trade benefits with them, benefit from their experience, and bring in those of them whom we employ to do different types of work such as engineering and other kinds of permissible work.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/67610...0non%20muslims

Muslim Woman
11-04-2009, 04:11 PM
:wa:

... go to a man doctor especially in a forign country that we have no choice to have a women doctor ?
It's allowed if necessary but as a bro suggested , don't go alone .

I read a story that says Hazrat Ali ra worked in a Jew's garden , took money from him and bought food. If the work is not haram itself and environment is safe , u are allowed to do a job . Be careful about maintaing hijab.

I see , you worry too much about unnecessary matters. If the food is halal , u can buy it from non-Muslims market . If the food item is haram , then u can't buy it even from Muslims.

Sis , offer your salat in time . Besides salat , recite Quran . What's your hobby ? Try to enjoy your time in a halal way . Do some volunteer works for poor and orphans . InshaAllah u will overcome the depression :statisfie

mariyyah
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Alaikoum Assalasm Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

Jazaki ALLAH khairan sister for your advice , At the moment im trying to use my skills and knowledge and i have a new invention product idea im working on it at the moment from home and hope to sell it to the biggest companies INSHALLAH

mariyyah
11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Assalamou Alaikoum Warhmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

I would like to know if any sister in this forum can help me to learn something to do at home to make my self busy like some decoration design or something and it could be as well helpful for other muslims people

JAZAKOUM ALLAH KHAIRAN

Hamza Asadullah
11-05-2009, 10:01 PM

I would like to know if any sister in this forum can help me to learn something to do at home to make my self busy like some decoration design or something and it could be as well helpful for other muslims people

JAZAKOUM ALLAH KHAIRAN
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, here are the best ways for ALL brothers and sisters to keep themselves busy EVERYDAY and these will certainly benefit all of us GREATLY in this world and the next inshallah!

Forty VERY easy, quick and rewarding Good Deeds for all of us to do Everyday!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50628

Nafl Salaahs we should Pray Everyday for Maximum Rewards!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49289

10 steps to help us increase our imaan(faith) everyday!

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40459

Muslim Woman
11-06-2009, 04:56 AM
:wa:

...learn something to do at home to make my self busy like some decoration design
Learn Interior Decorating for Free!

Create interiors like a professional.

Test your Interior Decorating Skills

then send in your score to be in the draw for 10 Mystery prizes, it's easy and fun. Start your Quiz here

http://www.interiordezine.com/index....rating_ecourse

Welcome to Madinaharabic.com - Free Arabic Language Course

We need volunteers (users of this website) to help us test the new website and new features and report any problems to us. Please help us by clicking the link below and submitting your details.

The help required from you is very simple, but very important for us so that we can understand your experience to improve the site and fix any bugs / problems in the new site. We would greatly appreciate any help in this stage of the project.

VOLUNTEER FORM (CLICK HERE)

http://www.madinaharabic.com/

The site offers islamic education through easy to understand free online courses on the sources and contents of Islam.

Study Islam through these online courses based on the Quran, Sunnah and Hadith.

All courses are self-study courses which have no time restriction. Evaluation is done online. Study Islam from the comfort of your home at your own convenience.

http://www.studying-islam.org/

Rafeeq
11-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Sister, you are Okey and do not have any sickness.

Try to keep you busy more and think less. Try to lough more and think you are healthy & comfortable.

Pray sala and recite Quran whenever you are free. Try to remain in the state of Wudhoo.

May Allah help you.

mariyyah
11-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Asslamou Alaikoum Warahamatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

Jazakoum ALLAH khairan and thank you very much sister muslim woman for the websites and help and i promise you i will join them INSHALLAH thank you very much

Brother Rafiq and hamza 81 thank you very much for your advice

mariyyah
11-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Asslamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

Alhamdolliallah im praying but only one problems is that im not praying at time i get very lazy and i pray late please is there anyway to correct my self to pray at time Jazakoum ALLAH KHAIRAN

I really cannot control my self of crying when i see people crying even i dont know him even what ever their religion even if they are crying on television i really dont know why ?

Second if i watch anything on television like animals or insects i get depression and my heart beat so fast and i cannot sleep normal i really dont know why ?

AN other thing i cover my hair on the top only and i wear respect clothes but only one thing is that i put kohol is that haram ?

Im trying to practise but i see it difficult as there is no azan here and there is no family and friends who are praying and nothing to encourage me to practise more is like im fighting by my self to pray and to practise please any help

JAZAKOUM ALLAH KHAIRAN

cat eyes
11-06-2009, 03:07 PM
sister i might be able to answer that question for you when its getting closer to my period i become awful emotional i cry about everything one night i cryed for 5hours for no reason what so ever and i cry when i watch nature programs such as animals an stuff lol i just feel pity thats all it is sister

mariyyah
11-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Assalamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou ,

When i see the animals and insecets on the television i cannot sleep because iam afraid from animals and insects in the reality as well , about period me too i get very moody and stress and likes to cry so much so its a natural normal for women

But i cannot control my self to not cry when i see people crying you will see me crying too even i dont know them and what ever their religion even on the television i really dont know why

mariyyah
11-06-2009, 03:25 PM

Alhamdolliallah im praying but only one problems is that im not praying at time i get very lazy and i pray late please is there anyway to correct my self to pray at time Jazakoum ALLAH KHAIRAN

I really cannot control my self of crying when i see people crying even i dont know him even what ever their religion even if they are crying on television i really dont know why ?

Second if i watch anything on television like animals or insects i get depression and my heart beat so fast and i cannot sleep normal i really dont know why ?

AN other thing i cover my hair on the top only and i wear respect clothes but only one thing is that i put kohol is that haram ?

Im trying to practise but i see it difficult as there is no azan here and there is no family and friends who are praying and nothing to encourage me to practise more is like im fighting by my self to pray and to practise please any help

JAZAKOUM ALLAH KHAIRAN

Hamza Asadullah
11-07-2009, 12:08 AM

JAZAKOUM ALLAH KHAIRAN
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb my sister i hope you are well. Concerning prayer and being late for prayer:

Allah most High says: Then there succeeded them a generation which neglected prayers and followed lusts. They will meet with destruction (Ghayy), excepting the one who repents and believes and acts righteously. (Quran 19:59-60)

Ibn abbas (RAA) explained that it does not mean that they completely abandoned prayers, but that they delayed them to the end of their prescribed times. Sa'id bin Musayyab, a great Imam following the generation of the Companions, elaborated on this, saying: "A person neglects if he delays the noon prayer up to the afternoon prayer time, afternoon prayer up to almost sunset prayer time, sunset prayer up to evening prayer time, and evening prayer up to morning prayer time, while delaying morning prayer until just before sunrise. If anyone dies without repentance while continuing in this manner, Allah has promised Ghayy for him, and that is a valley in Hell which is very deep and has foul food."

Allah Most High says: Woe to the worshippers who are unmindful of their prayer. (Quran 107:4-5)

Saad bin Abi Waqqas said: "I asked Allah's Messenger (SAW) about the meaning of 'unmindful,' and he replied: 'It is delaying it (the prayer) up to the end of its prescribed time.'" (Bazar)

While Allah calls such people <, they are lazy and perform the prayer very late. He has promised them <> (Wayl), which signifies a great punishment.

Some say, "Wayl is a valley in Hell, exceedingly hot, and that is the place for those who delay or miss the prayer, excepting the ones who repent and correct their habits."

Allah Most High says: O you who believe, let neither your wealth nor your children distract you from the remembrance of Allah. And those who do so, they will be the losers (Quran 63:9)

The commentators say: "The 'remembrance of Allah' in this verse means the five daily prayers. If anyone is so busy in buying and selling, or with his daily work of earning a livelihood, or with his children, that he cannot perform prayers on time, he will be among the losers."

The Prophet (SAW) said in this regard: "The first thing which will be judged among a person's deeds on the Day of Resurrection is the prayer. If that is in good order, he will pass the test and prosper, and if that is defective, he will fail the test and be a loser." (Tirmidhi)

Informing us about the inhabitants of Hell, Allah Most High says: (The people in Hell will be asked): "What caused you to enter Hell-fire?" They will say: "We were not among those who prayed, nor did we feed the needy. We used to engage in vain discourse with the vain-talkers, and we used to deny the Day of Judgment, until there came to us that which is certain (i.e.. Allah's judgment)." Then no intercession by an intercessors will benefit them. (Quran 74:42-48)

The Prophet (SAW) said: "The covenant between us and them (that is, believers) is prayer, so if anyone abandons it he has become an infidel." (Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Abu Dawood, Nisai, Tirmidhi). He also said: "What lies between a man and infidelity is the abandonment of prayer." (Muslim)

Allah's Messenger (SAW) is reported to have said: "If anyone abandons the afternoon prayer, his deeds are of no avail." (Bukhari).

And he said: "If anyone abandons prayer deliberately he has no claim upon Allah" (Sunan).

Abdullah bin amr bin al-As (RAA) said that the Prophet (SAW) mentioned prayer one day saying, "If anyone keeps to it, it will be light, evidence, and salvation for him on the day of Resurrection; but if anyone does not keep to it, it will not be for him light, evidence, or salvation; and on the Day of Resurrection, he will be associated with Qaran, Pharoah, Haman, and Ubayy bin Khalaf (a great enemy of Islam from among the Quraish)." (Ahmad, Darimi and Baihaqi)

Some scholars have explained that the person who abandons prayer will be raised with such a foursome because his neglect of prayer may be due to his involvement with his property, his country, his administrative work, or his trade, Therefore, if he was involved with his property, he will be resurrected with Qarun; if with his country, then with Pharoah; if with his administrative work, then with Haman; and if with his trade, then with Ubayy bin Khalaf, the trader among the unbelievers of Mecca.

Mu'adh bin Jabal (RAA) reported Allah's Messenger (SAW) as saying: "If anyone abandons prayer intentionally he has no claim to Allah Most High." (Ahmad)

Umar ibn al-Khattab (RAA) reported that a man asked the Prophet (SAW): "Messenger of Allah, what action is dearest to Allah Most High?" The Prophet (SAW) replied: "Prayer at its proper time. The one who does not pray has no religion. Prayer is the main pillar of the religion (of Islam)." (Baihaqi)

After Umar had been stabbed, it was said to him, "As-salat, ya amir ul-mumineen!" (The prayer, Leader of the Believers!) He said, "Yes, truly! If anyone misses the prayer, he has no share in Islam," and thereupon he prayed while his wounds were bleeding.

Abdullah bin Shaqiq (RAA) said that the Companions of the Prophet (SAW) did not consider the abandonment of any good deeds to be unbelief excepting the abandonment of prayer.

When Ali (RAA) was asked about a woman who did not pray, he replied: "The one who does not pray is an unbeliever." Ibn Masood said that the one who does not pray has no religion, and Ibn Abbas said: "The one who leaves off a single prayer deliberately will find, when he meets Allah Most High, that He is angry with him."

Allah's Messenger (SAW) said: "When a person meets Allah after neglecting his prayer, he will meet him as if he had not worshipped him at all, nor done any good deeds." And Ibn Hazm said: "There is no greater sin after polytheism than missing a prayer [That is to say, if one deliberately delays a prayer until its time has passed, although he was able to pray it on time, without any valid reason which permits delaying it before its time.] and killing a believer without just cause."

Ibrahim Nakahi said: "The one who has left off the prayer has become a disbeliever." Awn bin Abdullah said: "When a person is buried, the first question which will be asked him will be concerning the prayer. If that is accepted from him, his other deeds will be looked at, but if that is not accepted form him, no other deeds will be looked at."

Abdullah bin al-As reported Allah's Messenger (SAW) as saying: "A person who combines two prayers without excuse, enters a gate among the major sins."

So my sister let us not be of those who are unmindful of prayer as Allah mentions in the Qur'an. Let us be of those are are mindful of our prayer and pray on time with full sincerety and khushoo.

In regards to your question on the application of kohl. It is a sunnah to apply kohl as it aids the growth of the eye lashes and is good for the eye sight.

However a women should be mindful of applying kohl and going out or wearing it when in front of non mahrams at home because it may bring undue attention because of the fact that it beautifies the eyes.

This would also go against the whole purpose of hijaab which is to take away undue attention from oneself.

So it is best to apply it at night or infront of mahrams and husband but be very careful when applying it and going out or when one is infront of non mahrams.

In regards to crying profusely there is nothing wrong with having a soft and tender heart and one should always cry in dua to Allah for Allah tends to one who cries in dua quickly just as a mother tends to her baby quickly when it cries. Allah loves us 70 times more than a mother loves its baby. Subhanallah!

In regards to having low imaan at times this is something we all go through my sister.

Here are 10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(faith:

The Prophet Muhammad (S) said: "Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allah to renew the faith in your hearts” (Mustadrak al-Haakim).

Our Iman is not always as sound and strong as we want it to be as it often fluctuates according to life circumstances. There are several causes for weakening Iman such as deficiencies in our prayers or the insinuating whispers from the Shaytan. Regardless of the cause, it is crucial for all of us to keep a check on our Iman and if we feel it is faltering in any way then we should take measures to restore it. It is our responsibility to know which things decrease our Iman and how to avoid them and those that increase our Iman and how to embrace them.

What are signs of a weak imaan?

Signs of weak imaan:

• Committing sins and not feeling any guilt.
• Having a hard heart and no desire to read the Quran.
• Feeling too lazy to do good deeds, e.g. being late for salat
• Neglecting the Sunnah.
• Having mood swings, for instance being upset about petty things and bothered and irritated most of the time.
• Not feeling anything when hearing verses from the Quran, for example when Allah warns us of punishments and His promise of glad tidings.
• Finding difficulty in remembering Allah and making dhikr.
• Not feeling bad when things are done against the Shariah.
• Desiring status and wealth.
• Being mean and miserly, i.e. not wanting to part with wealth.
• Ordering others to do good deeds when not practising them ourselves.
• Feeling pleased when things are not progressing for others.
• Being concerned with whether something is haram or halal only; and not avoiding makroo (not recommended) things.
• Making fun of people who do simple good deeds, like cleaning the mosque.
• Not feeling concerned about the situation of Muslims.
• Not feeling the responsibility to do something to promote Islam.
• Being unable to deal with calamities, for instance crying and yelling in funerals.
• Liking to argue just for the sake of arguing without any proof.
• Becoming engrossed and very involved with dunya, worldly things, i.e. feeling bad only when losing something in terms of material wealth.
• Becoming engrossed and obsessive about ourselves.

Here are 10 ways that we can brighten up our Iman starting from today!

1. Recognise and Repent

As humans we all commit sins no matter how hard we try to avoid them because were created to be imperfect. Engaging in evil deeds decreases our Iman. Actions like lying, cheating and stealing, to name only a few, take a toll on the human heart and soul which makes us more susceptible to being lead astray from the Path of Allah. It is important for us to reflect upon our deeds and weed out the ones that are contrary to the teachings of the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (S). Allah has gifted us with an innate sense of justice and the ability to reason and make sound judgements. Our fitrah (natural disposition) necessitates that we all know when we are committing a sin. And if we don't know, we certainly have a bevy of resources to find out from!

Conditions for the acceptance of repentance

The word tauba which is rendered as repentance in English, is not a simple term as most people believe. It is very rich in meaning and implication, and is not simply a word of mouth after which the sinner continues in his sins. Says Allah, Glorified be He: "Seek forgiveness of your Lord and then turn to Him in repentance." (Hud: 3). Do you notice how turning to the Lord in repentance has been added to the search for His forgiveness?

It is quite in keeping with its importance, therefore, that repentance should have, as the scholars have stated, conditions attached to it for its acceptance.

They are as follows:

First: Giving up of the sin itself.
Second: Remorse over what has been committed.
Third: A resolve not to repeat it, and, Fourth: Compensating those who have been wronged or obtaining their forgiveness.

2. Perform Salah Regularly

Completing the five daily prayers, on time and according to the Sunnah, is an excellent way to increase our Iman. Not only are we performing an obligatory deed when praying, but by doing so we have a standing audience with the Creator of this world where we can ask for help and mercy. The effect of the salah on the human soul is cooling as Muhammad (S) once said that it cooled his eyes. The salah connects us with our Creator and, along with obedience to Allah, helps us to enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil.

Allah Almighty says in the Holy Qur’an:

"The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses -this Qur’an- are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone); Who perform salah and spend out of that We have provided them. It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity with their Lord, and Forgiveness and a generous provision (Paradise)” (Al-Anfal: 2-4).

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah (RAA) Rasulullah (SAW) said: The similitude of five prayers is like an overflowing river passing by the gate of one of you in which he washes five times daily. Hasan said: No filthiness can remain on him. (Sahih Muslim Book 4, Hadith # 1411)

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RAA) Rasualullah (SAW) said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." And then he added, "If the people knew the Reward for the Zuhr prayer in its early time, they would race for it. If they knew the reward for the 'Isha' and the Fajr prayers in congregation, they would join them even if they had to crawl. If they knew the reward for the first row, they would draw lots for it." (Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Hadith # 688)

For the people who don’t pray:

Informing us about the inhabitants of Hell, Allaah (SWT) says "(The people in Hell will be asked:) What has caused you to enter Hell? They will say: "We were not of those who used to offer their Salât (prayers). Nor did we feed the poor. And we used to talk falsehood (all that which Allaah hated) with vain-talkers. And we used to belie thc Day of Recompense. Until there came to us that which is certain (i.e., death). So no Intercession of intercessors will benefit them. (Sura Al-Muddaththir, ayah 42-48)

Rasulullah (SAW) said "The covenant between us and them is prayer, so if anyone abandons it he has become a disbeliever." (Agreed upon by Ahmad, Tirmidhee and Nasaa'ee to be authentic)

In an other Hadith of Rasulullah (SAW) said "What lies between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer."( Agreed upon by Muslim, Abu Dawood and Nasaa'ee as sahih authentic)

3. Qur’anic Recitations

Medical studies have shown that simply listening to a recitation of the Holy Qur’an has a physiological effect on our bodies. Research has also proven that the Qur’an has healing qualities on the body, mind and spirit. What better way to increase our Iman than to listen to the recitation of the Holy Qur’an on an audio device! Listen to the melodious rhythm of the Qur’an and while doing so try to reflect upon the meanings of what you are listening to.We should always strive to read as much of the Qur’an as possible as reading the word of allah especially with the meanings will significantly increase our imaan and elevate us in this world and the next!

Hazrat Abdullah bin Masud radhiyallahu anhu narrates that The Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wasallam said: "Whoever reads one letter of the Quran receives the reward of one good deed. And one good deed is multiplied ten times.

Hazrat Abu Huraira radhiyallahu anhu reports that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam said: "Whoever listens to one verse of the Book of Allah, a good deed that multiplies continuously is recorded. And one who reads a verse of the Quran, that verse will be a Noor for him on the Day of Judgement."

Hazrat Anas radhiyallahu anhu reports that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam said:"Whoever reads the Quran, Allah grants that person ten good deeds for every letter. And for one who hears the Quran being recited, Allah grants a good deed for every letter, and such a person will be resurrected among those who will recite and ascend the stages of Jannat."Hazrat Ibni Abbas radhiyallahu anhu narrates that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam said: "He who listens to one letter of the Quran, ten good deeds are recorded for him, ten sins are forgiven, and his status is elevated by ten stages."

4. Engage in Dhikr

"…Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." (13:28)

Remembrance of Allah indeed is the greatest virtue.(29:46).

O ye who believe let not your wealth and your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah . (63:10)

O ye who believe, remember Allah much. And glorify Him morning and evening (33:42-43)

When the signs of the Gracious Allah are recited unto them, they fall down, prostrating themselves before Allah weeping.(19:59)

According to these verses the attitude of those who truly remember Allah is the following:

1. Their hearts are filled with the fear of Allah because they are reminded of the status and the Glory of their God.
2. Their skins creep, i.e., the hair on their bodies rise due to their state of fear.
3. Their bodies are softened, their hearts become tender.
4. They prostrate, i.e., they start worshiping Allah .
5. They cry or weep.

Remembering Allah much through acts of dhikr brings much peace and tranquility to the heart. It also gives us a sense of taqwa(fear of allah), a consciousness that makes us realise that Allah Almighty is ever near and that we should always strive to please Him.

Some beneficial dhikr include:

Subhan'Allah- 'Praise be to Allah'
Al-Hamdullilah- 'Thanks be to Allah'
Allahu Akbar – 'Allah is the Greatest.'
La ila ha illallah- There is no worthy of worship except allah

Abu haraira(ra) Narrates: Prophet(saw) said: whoever says: Subhanallahi Wa Bihamdihi – (I deem Allah free of any resemblances to anything whatever in any repeat, and I glorify his praises) one hundred times a day will have his sins forgiven even though they may be as much as the foam of the sea – (Bukhari,b73:c19)

Read much of this zikr:

Subhaan-Allahi walhamdu-lillaahi, wa laa ilaa-ha illa-la ill-lal-lahu wallahu Akbar, walaa haula wala quoow-wata illa billa hil-Aliyyil-azeem.

"Glory is for Allaah and all Praise is due to Allah. There is none worthy of worship except Allaah. Allaah is the greatest. There is no power and no strength except with Allaah the Most High, the Great."

5.Voluntary Fasting

Fasting can be thought of as a prescription for us, which cures the maladies of the human soul. There are innumerable benefits to fasting nawafil fasts. Fasting helps us be thankful to Allah for His Bounty, control unlawful desires, have compassion for the less fortunate and it weakens the effects of waswas, the insinuating whispers from the Shaytan.

Here is an explanation of the spiritual meaning of the Islamic Fasting:

1. It teaches man the principle of sincere Love: because when he observes Fasting he does it out of deep love for God. And the man who loves God truly is a man who really knows what love is.

2. It equips man with a creative sense of hope and an optimistic outlook on life; because when he fasts he is hoping to please God and is seeking His Grace.

3. It imbues in man the genuine virtue of effective devotion, honest dedication and closeness to God; because when he fasts he does so for God and for His sake alone.

4. It cultivates in man a vigilant and sound conscience; because the fasting person keeps his fast in secret as well as in public. In fasting, especially, there is no mundane authority to check man's behavior or compel him to observe fasting. He keeps it to please God and satisfy his own conscience by being faithful in secret and in public. There is no better way to cultivate a sound conscience in man.

5. It indoctrinates man in patience and selflessness, as through fasting, he feels the pains of deprivation but he endures them patiently.

6. It is an effective lesson in applied moderation and willpower.

7. Fasting also provides man with a transparent soul, a clear mind and a light body.

8. It shows man a new way of wise savings and sound budgeting.

9. It enables man to master the art of Mature Adaptability. We can easily understand the point once we realize that fasting makes man change the entire course of his daily life.

10. It grounds man in discipline and healthy survival.

11. It originates in man the real spirit of social belonging, unity and brotherhood, of equality before God as well as before the law.

12. It is a Godly prescription for self-reassurance and self-control.

6.Carrying out Good Deeds

Doing good deeds for others can be like switching on a light bulb in a darkened room. No matter how awful we are feeling there is just something about offering a helping hand to someone in need that lifts our spirits and brightens our Iman. We should get to the stage where we crave to do good deeds! Because our good deeds are our eternal investment which will benefit us for the rest of eternity rather than investment into this life which is very temporary indeed! So what investment sounds better? Eternal investment which will give us eternal bliss or temporary investment which has a chance of failing even though we spend our whole lives investing in it! You choose!

Allah Almighty says in the Holy Qur’an: "For those who believe and work righteous deeds is a reward that will never fail”(Fussilat: 8).

Time in Islam is more than gold or any precious material thing in this world. Of all religions, only Islam guides mankind not only to the importance of time but also how to value it. Allah I the Almighty and His Messenger, the Prophet Muhammad r, very clearly tell us the value of time, why we must not waste it and how we can make use of our time wisely to increase our iman (faith) and thus attain success, especially eternal success in the life Hereafter.

Bin ‘Abbas narrated t that Allâh’s Messenger r said,“There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) health and free time for doing good.” (Bukhari 8/421)

Abdullah Bin Mas’ud t narrated: “I asked the Prophet, ‘Which deed is the dearest to Allah?’ He replied, “To offer salaat (the prayers) at their early fixed times.” I asked, “What is the next (in goodness)?” He replied, “To be good and dutiful to your parents.” I' again asked, “What is the next (in goodness)? “He replied, “To participate in jihad (religious fighting) in Allah’s Cause.” (Bukhari 1/ 505)

Abu Qatada, Bin Rab’i t narrated that the Prophet , said, "Allâh the Exalted said: ‘I made five times (daily) prayers obligatory on your people. And I took a guarantee that if anyone observes them regularly at their times, I shall admit him to Paradise. If anyone does not offer them regularly, there is no such guarantee of Mine for him." (Abu Dawood 430)

If we fear Allah for His wrath and hope for His rewards in the eternal world to come, time has come for us to give due value to the importance of time. We should try not to waste most of our time seeking worldly pleasures. It is for our guidance that we must take admonition from the following authentic hadîth:

Abu Hurairah t narrated that Allâh’s Messenger r said, Be prompt in doing good deeds (before you are overtaken) by turbulence which would be like a part of the dark night. During (that stormy period) a man would be a Muslim in the morning and an unbeliever in the evening or he would be a believer in the evening and an unbeliever in the morning, and would sell his faith for worldly goods.” (Muslim 213)

Abu Hurairah t narrated that Allâh’s Messenger r said,“Hasten to do good deeds before six things happen: the rising of the sun from the west, the smoke, the Dajjal, the beast and (the death) of one you or the general turmoil.” (Muslim 7039)

“Call then upon Allâh with sincere devotion to Him even though the Unbelievers may detest it.” Qur'an 40:14

Verily, time is very important for our success both in this temporary world and the eternal world to come. If we waste time, if we abuse it, then we waste and abuse our lives. In the Life Hereafter we will be among the losers, who will suffer the torments in the Hell-Fire, if Allah I the Almighty will not forgive us. Therefore, if we really give value to our lives then, we must give due value to the importance of time.

7.Remembering Death

Every soul shall taste death

Allah has said in the Qur’aan:"Every soul will taste death.”

From this verse we know that death is such a thing that you can’t escape from even if you are in a house, which is built with metal walls, and has a massive padlock. Death will not only come when hair and the beard turn white, but it can come at any time, even when you are a baby, or an old person or a teenager or of middle age. Even if you are a king, a Prime Minister or a leader of one of the tribes.

Merits of the Remembrance of Death

Know that the person, who is engrossed in the world and cheated by its charming coquetries, is unmindful of the remembrance of death. They do not remember death and when they are reminded of it, they do not like it. Allah has said regarding such a man:“The deaths from which you flee away will meet you. Thereafter you will be led to the Knower of the world seen and unseen. You will then be informed of what you did.”

Hazrat Bilal bin Masood and Umar bin Abdul Aziz Radiallaho Anho said, “O People! You are not created for being destroyed”. You will travel from one home to another home. For a believer, death is a gift.

Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam has said, “The gift for a believer is death".

Due to the hardship which the believer goes through in this world, death becomes easy for him and all of his anxieties disappear. Therefore, it is described as a gift in the Hadith.

Hazrat Mahmood bin Labeed says that the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam said, “Mankind likes two things very much. One of these things is life, though death is much better for him, and the second is wealth though poverty makes accounting easy.

Hazrat ibn Umar Radiallaho Anho says, “This world is paradise for the non-believers (they are engaged in their worldly desires and aspirations). This world is a jail or prison for the faithful (momins). They are bound by the laws of Shari at in every matter. Therefore, when the soul of a momin leaves his body (at the time of death), it is as if a captive has been freed from the cell. He cleans himself by turning in the dust.

8.Gaining knowledge

To seek knowledge is a sacred duty, it is obligatory on every Muslim, male and female. The first word revealed of the Qur’an was "Iqra" READ! Seek knowledge! Educate yourselves! Be educated.

Surah Al-Zumr, ayah 9 reveals: "Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know?"

Surah Al-Baqarah, ayah 269 reveals: "Allah grants wisdom to whom He pleases and to whom wisdom is granted indeed he receives an overflowing benefit."

Ibn Mas’ud (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (S) said: The position of only two persons is enviable; the person whom Allah bestowed wealth empowering him to spend it in the way of righteousness, and the person whom Allah gave wisdom with which he adjudges and which he teaches to others

According to Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah, Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (S) said: A single scholar of religion is more formidable against shaytaan than a thousand devout persons.

Islam is our greatest gift. We have to be thankful for this gift. We have to render to Allah His due. Allah has given us so much by making us a part of the Ummah of the Prophet Muhammad (S) so we must totally commit ourselves as followers of the Prophet (S). We must become true Muslims.

A person without knowledge is like someone walking along a track in complete darkness. Most likely his steps will wander aside and he easily can be deceived by shaytaan. This shows that our greatest danger lies in our ignorance of Islamic teachings and in our unawareness of what the Qur’an teaches and what guidance has been given by the Prophet (S). But if we are blessed with the light of knowledge we will be able to see plainly the clear path of Islam at every step of our lives. We shall also be able to identify and avoid the dangerous paths of Kufr, Shirk and immorality, which may cross it. And, whenever a false guide meets us on the way, a few words with him will quickly establish that he is not a guide who should be followed.

Every one of us, young or old, man or woman, should at least acquire sufficient knowledge to enable ourselves to understand the essence of the teachings of the Qur’an and the purpose for which it has been sent down. We should also be able to understand clearly the mission, which our beloved Prophet (S) came into this world to fulfil. We should also recognize the corrupt order and system, which he came to destroy. We should acquaint ourselves, too, with the way of life which Allah has ordained for us.

No great amount of time is required to acquire this simple knowledge. If we truly value Iman, it cannot be too difficult to find one hour every day to devote for our Iman.

Hadith states:

"He who acquires knowledge acquires a vast portion." AND "If anyone going on his way in search of knowledge, God will, thereby make easy for him the way to Paradise."

May Allah (SWT) give us strength to behave and act just as He likes us to do and be pleased with us, and that should be the purpose of our lives. Rabbi zidnee ilma (O Lord, increase us in knowledge). Aameen.

9.Making much dua(supplication)

Dua is defined as any invocation or prayer addressed to Allah (SWT). In our times, we find many reasons why people do not make Dua; we forget, don't know how, or just do not think it will be answered. Fundamental to this is the loss of dependence and trust upon Allah. As Muslims there is something very wrong when we believe our Duas won't be answered.We do not turn to Allah in our times of need and instead put our trust, dependence and hopes on worldly things that we think willhelp us. Although these temporal things are the means through which our Duas can be answered, the root of our being should be trained automatically to turn to Allah and not anything or anyone else. Through Dua, we strengthen our Imaan and our relationship with Allah, as well as heighten our awareness of cause and effect that can help inspire and motivate us to be closer to Islam in our lives.

We find many reassurances throughout the Quran for those who make Dua. Allah the Exalted, has said: "And your Lord says: Pray unto me: and I will hear your prayer" (Quran 40:60), "Call upon your Lord Humbly and in secret" (Quran 7:55),
"When My servants question thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me" (Quran 2:186), "Is not He (best) who listens to the (soul) distressed when it calls on Him, and who relieves its suffering." (Quran 27:62)

Aisha radhiallaahu anha said, "No believer makes Dua and it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get frustrated."

In fact, it is even wrong to never make Dua, "Whosoever does not supplicate to Allah, He will be angry with Him."[Saheeh Jaami`as-Sagheer #2414]

We can and should make Dua in every condition, i.e. in hardship and in prosperity.

There are also some special times to make Dua where it is more likely to be accepted:

1. When one is oppressed
2. Between the time of Athan and Iqama
3. At the time of the call for prayer
4. At the time of fighting when warriors are engaged with each other
5. When it is raining
6. When one is sick
7. The last third of the night
8. Ramadan (especially Lailatul Qadr)
9. After the Fard part of prayer
10. When traveling
11. When breaking fast
12. In Sujood
13. Fridays, some say on Friday after Asr prayer
14. While drinking the water from the well of Zamzam
15. At the start of prayer (Dua of Istiftah)
16. When one begins the prayer, i.e. with "all praise be to
Allah, the Pure and the Blessed one"
17. While one recites al-Fatiha (which is a Dua)
18. When Ameen is said in the prayer (also relating to Fatiha)
19. At the time of raising the head after the Rukoo
20. In the last part of the prayer after conveying blessings unto the Prophet (SAW)
21. Before finishing the prayer (before Tasleem (saying the Salaam to the angels))
22. At the end of Wudu
23. On the day of Arafah
24. On waking up from sleep
25. At times of adversity
26. Prayer after the death of a person
27. Dua when someone's heart is filled with sincerity and when it is focused on Allah
28. Dua of the parent against or for his children
29. When the sun moves from its meridian but before the Dhuhr prayer
30. The Dua of a Muslim for his brother without the latter's knowledge
31. At the time the army advances to fight in the way of Allah.

Dua can be beautified and perfected by certain actions:

1. Have Wudu, face Qibla, be neat and clean
2. Raise both hands up to the shoulder with palms open facing up
3. Use words of Allah and Muhammad (SAW)-i.e. Duas found in Quran and Hadith
4. Ask by Asma alHusna- Allah's Beautiful Names
5. Ask Allah by your good deeds
6. Be insistent-repeat (i.e. 3x's)
7. Glorify Allah and recite Durud for the Prophet (SAW) at both the beginning and end
8. Show humility, entreaty, desire and fear while making Dua
9. Repent and try to make amends where one has wronged
10. Confess mistakes, shortcomings, and sins
11. Keep voice between a whisper and speaking aloud
12. Show the need for Allah's help and implore Him for release from weakness, hardship and tribulation.
13. Seize the opportunity of time, situation and circumstance in which prayers are answered
14. Avoid rhymed prose to keep concentration
15. Crying when making Dua
16. The Dua of Dhun-Nun (Yunus) by which he invoked Allah from within the belly of the whale was: "LAa ilaha illa Anta, Subhanaka innee kuntu min aDH-DHaalimeen."

No Muslim ever makes Dua with it but Allah answers it." [at tirmidhi in his sunan, ahmad and hakim reported it and hakim declared it authentic and adh dhahabee agreed]

17. End with "Alhamdulillah rabbil alameen"

Allah Almighty says in the Qur'an:

"When my servants ask you concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on me." [2:186] The place of duaa is so high to Allah, that the Prophet had said: "Nothing is more honourable to Allah the Most High than du`a."
[Sahih al-Jami` no.5268].

He also said: "The most excellent worship is du`a."
[Sahih Al-Jami` no. 1133];

In order to warn those who are arogant, or careless in making duaa, the Prophet said: "The most incapable person is the one who does not make du`a, and the most miserly person is the one who does not give salaam."
[Sahih Al-Jami` no. 1055],

And let not there be anyone who says: "... my Lord won't answer my prayer, because of this and that.. or because of so and so..". No! Indeed Allah is the Most Generous King. Is there anyone who met a king, and praised and glorified him, and then asked, yet the request was not granted? So what about Allah, the King of the Heavens and the Earth - who has total control over your life, your wealth and your future. Why would He not grant you your request? I

Indeed, our beloved Prophet had said: "Verily your Lord is the One modest and Generous, and when His servant raises his hands to Him in supplication, He is diffident (in some wordings, shy or hesitant) from returning them empty."
[Ahmad, Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi - Hasan]

10.Having Trust in Allah

The best way for us to increase our Iman is to completely submit our will to Allah and have full trust in him and we can do this by doing out utmost to follow every command in the Qur’an and Sunnah. We should live our life according to them and we will find success around every corner of our lives inshallah. If we turn to Allah in happy times then he will help us in times of distress and anguish. We should have patience in Allah's Decree and accept it that it is for the best and is meant to happen because he is the knower of all things and the almighty and always remember that no matter what trials or tribulations we do face in this World, one day we will be called to account for our deeds which were hopefully sent forth with much goodness and patience.I pray that inshallah on qiyamah we be given our good deeds in our right hands and allah has mercy on us and gives us Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen

In Surah At-Tauba: 51, Allah (SWT) says "Say: 'Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our protector': And on Allah let the Believers put their trust."

In Surah Ash-Shu'araa:217 Allah (SWT) says "And put thy trust on the exalted in Might, The Merciful."

In Surah Al-Imran:159, Allah (SWT) says "...Then, when thou hast taken a decision, put thy trust in Allah. For Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: If He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? In Allah, then, Let believers put their trust. 3:160

It does not matter what you do, obey or disobey, the result will be that you will receive what Allah has ordained for you. You can not add to it or subtract from it. What you do is either benefit yourself with the blessings of obedience or harm yourself with the fruits of your disobedience. We have been told that what is for us can't miss us and what is not for us can't hit us.

We have to learn to trust that Allah will take care of us when we obey Him and that He wills withdrawal His Great Mercy when we disobey. Every morning the bird goes out to seek the provision Allah has given him, and every night he comes home with it. Allah has promised us our provision.

Umar Ibin Al Khattab narrated that he heard Allah's Messenger say, "If you were to trust in Allah genuinely, He would give you provision as He does for the birds which go out hungry in the morning and come back full in the evening. Tirmidhi and Ibin Majah (sahih).

Trusting in Allah means that when we hear a command, we obey it. We recognize that we are limited and that Allah has no limits. He knows what we do not know. We do not try to explain away the commands of Allah by saying that it is for another time or another people. We don not say that what Allah has commanded for us is oppressive. We accept and obey. This is faith and trust.

There is much reward in trusting Allah, paradise. There is sin in distrusting Him. We need to stop relying on our desires our minds our version of logic and realize that Allah is the one who knows while we know not. Allah is the Wise, and His judgements are wise by default. Allah is the Just and His verdicts are Just by default. We can not see everything in every issue as Allah can, so why do we insist on believing that our minds can be trusted before or instead of Allah?

I pray to You, O Allah, to make us trust you and only you. May you make us of the Trusting and keep us from trusting or worshipping our minds before you. Ameen.

Finally let’s have full hope in Allah, for verily Allah the All Mighty says:
“Be not deceived by the [uninhibited] movement of the disbelievers throughout the land. [It is but] a small enjoyment; then their [final] refuge is Hell, and wretched is the resting place.” [Aal-Imraan 196-197]

Remembering the Hereafter is also a cure for weak iman. When one is one hundred percent certain of the Last Day, Paradise, and Hellfire and feels fear of the mere thought of standing before the All-Powerful Creator and be questioned and judged for each of his thoughts, sayings and deeds, he is bound to think twice before committing an act of disobedience. One should remember the Day of Judgement often, which is repeatedly mentioned in the Quran to remind mankind that he will surely be returned to his Lord.

When we look at the night, full of bright glittery stars, the shining moon and the sunset, as well as the mountains standing firm and the flowers blooming, we should feel Allahs Power and Majesty and contemplate over His creation. It is absolutely amazing and unimaginable as to how Allah created every single thing in existence and how the universe runs so smoothly by the will and control of its Creator. Contemplating over the creation is another way a person can increase his iman and grow closer to Allah.

Such as remember Allah, standing, sitting, and reclining, and consider the creation of the heavens and the earth, (and say): Our Lord! You created not this in vain. Glory be to You! Preserve us from the doom of Fire. (Surah Ali Imran 3:191)

Abu Hurairah (radiyallahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallahu alaiyhi wa sallam) said, Allah, the All-Mighty says, I treat my slave according to his expectations from Me and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him in My heart. If he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a better and more noble gathering (i.e. of the angels). If he comes close to Me by one span, I go towards him a cubits length. If he comes toward Me a cubits length, I go towards him an arms length. And if he walks toward Me, I run toward him.

One of the most important things a person should be aware of when trying to increase his iman and at all times, is the vastness of Allahs mercy, compassion, and love. One should put hope and trust in Him. Remembrance of Allah is a key factor in increasing the iman, as are increasing ones Islamic knowledge and good deeds. Allah says:

Then, as for those who have faith and do good deeds, He will pay them fully their rewards and give them more out of His grace and as for those who disdain and are proud, He will punish them with a painful doom. And they shall not find for themselves besides Allah any guardian or helper. (Surat an-Nisaa 4:173)

In the following verse, Allah emphasizes the importance of iman and doing good deeds along with ones belief:

There shall be no sin unto those who believe and do good deeds for what they may have eaten (in the past); so be mindful of your duty (to Allah) and do good deeds and again be mindful of your duty and believe and once again, be mindful of your duty and do good deeds. Allah loves the good! (Surat al-Maidah 5:93)

The life of the dunya is only a test for the creation and one day this test will end. It is the responsibility of each human and jinn to prepare oneself for the final scoring of the test by being mindful of ones duty towards Allah by following the guidance of the Quran and the Sunnah and keeping ones iman high. A weak iman will lead one to the Hellfire, while a strong one will lead one to the Gardens of Delight. The reason is because it is the iman that determines the actions of a person. A person with weak or even no iman will commit sin and cause Allah to be displeased, causing him to be thrown into the Hellfire to be punished. But a person with a strong faith will refrain from sins and perform good deeds, which will be the cause of Allahs pleasure and his entrance into Paradise.

Hamza Asadullah
11-07-2009, 12:09 AM

JAZAKOUM ALLAH KHAIRAN
Also i love this short passage which is called:

Remembering the Destination of Mankind in the Hereafter – a Cure for Weak Iman

by Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

When one’s mind is clear, he will be able to see clearly, thus giving such a person a light in his heart that will allow him to almost witness the Warning and the Promise, Paradise and Hell, and what Allah has prepared in this (Paradise) For His Awliyaa` (loyal friends) and in that (Hell) for His enemies. He will then witness people rushing out of their graves following the call of the Truth (Resurrection). The angels in the heavens will the descend and will surround them (creation). Allah will then come to judge (between creation) and His Kursi (literally a footstool or chair) will be raised. The earth will shine with the Light of its Lord (Allah, when He comes to judge between His creation), the Book (of Records) will be opened and the Prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward. The Mizan (Scale) will then be established, the books of (individual) records will fly around and the foes will converge, each holding to its foe. Al-Houdh (the pool that runs outside the gates of Paradise from a river inside it) will then appear and its cups will appear close by. Thirst will intensify, but those who are allowed to drink are few. Al-Jisr (the bridge over Hell that everyone must pass over into Paradise) will then be laid (over Hell) so that (mankind and the Jinn) can pass over it (as for the disbelievers and those whose sins outweigh their good deeds, they will fall into Hell, where only the disbelievers will reside for eternity). People will then be gathered in its direction. The Fire (Hell) will appear, each part harshly consuming the other parts beneath it. Those who fall into it are far more than those who are saved from it. Then, an eye will be opened in his (the man who is thinking about these scenes) heart with which he will be able to see clearly. His heart will then witness some scenes of the Last Life, along with imagining the various stages of the Last Life which will last for eternity, as compared to this Dunya (the life of this world) and its briefness.

OurIslamic
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Well, I'm not a sister...
but you could:

1) Read Quran

or if you want to do something artistic, you could do graphic design and create Islamic graphics (if you want some help with this, feel free to ask me).

mariyyah
11-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Assalamou ALAIKOUM Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

Brother Hamza81 jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan INSHALLAH , I really learn so many things from you about the ISLAM ALHAMDOLIALLAH thank you very much , Could you please tell us about the grave punishement for the non practise people and even the good practise people ?

You said we shouldnt necliting the sunnah what you mean please what part of sunnah do you mean ?

From today i start ALHAMDOLILLAH pray at time , IM praying , Im staying at home , I dont lie , i dont have friends , i dont go to parties or weddings , i dont do any haram things , im fasting but still im not satisfy that iam a good religious muslim and always i feel that i need more and that what iam doing is nothing because still i commit some mistakes like in the past i had a fasting loan from ramadan and i didnt fast it back and like i didnt pray in the past so how can i pray it back and iam still putting the kohol when iam outside , I really feel shame but i waste that time to not pray in the past and to not fast back my ramadan and i really dont know what to do and still iam watching TV

Jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan

Hamza Asadullah
11-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Assalamou ALAIKOUM Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

Brother Hamza81 jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan INSHALLAH , I really learn so many things from you about the ISLAM ALHAMDOLIALLAH thank you very much , Could you please tell us about the grave punishement for the non practise people and even the good practise people ?

You said we shouldnt necliting the sunnah what you mean please what part of sunnah do you mean ?

From today i start ALHAMDOLILLAH pray at time , IM praying , Im staying at home , I dont lie , i dont have friends , i dont go to parties or weddings , i dont do any haram things , im fasting but still im not satisfy that iam a good religious muslim and always i feel that i need more and that what iam doing is nothing because still i commit some mistakes like in the past i had a fasting loan from ramadan and i didnt fast it back and like i didnt pray in the past so how can i pray it back and iam still putting the kohol when iam outside , I really feel shame but i waste that time to not pray in the past and to not fast back my ramadan and i really dont know what to do and still iam watching TV

Jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan
Asalaamu laikum Wr Wb,

Allah Ta'ala discusses the punishment given to Fir'awn. He says, 'The fire is given to them in the morning and evening and on the Day of Judgment.' The fire before the Day of Judgment refers to the punishment in the grave. (Ibid)

Ibn Abbas (Allah be pleased with him) narrates: ' The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) once passed by two graves and said: 'They (in the grave) are being punished not for a great thing to avoid' Then he added: 'Yes, (they are being punished for a great sin), for one of them used to go about with calumnies while the other never saved himself from the splashes of urine' Ibn Abbas said: 'Then he (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) took a green leaf and split it into two pieces, then placed one piece on each of the two graves and said: 'Their punishment may decrease until these two pieces become dry' (Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 1312).

Abu Said al-Khudri narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: 'The grave is either a garden from the gardens of Paradise or a pit from the pits of Hell' (Sunan Tirmizi).

Rasulullah said, 'When a person is buried and the people go away, two angels approach the deceased and ask three questions, a) Who is your lord? b) What is your religion? and c) Who is he (Rasulullah )?. A believer will answer all three questions and he will be honored with the clothing of Jannah. The window of Jannah will be opened for him and he will enjoy the sight of Jannah. On the contrary, a disbeliever will express regret at not being able to answer the questions. Upon that, an angel who is blind and deaf is appointed to punish him. Blind so that the angel does not see the punishment and feel mercy and deaf so that the punishment is not heard. The hammer used to punish a disbeliever is so heavy that it can reduce a mountain to dust. The disbeliever screams with pain and every creation can hear him besides human and Jinns.' (Mishkat)

It was narrated that al-Bara’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: We went out with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for the funeral of a man from among the Ansaar. We came to the grave and when (the deceased) was placed in the lahd, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sat down and we sat around him, as if there were birds on our heads (i.e., quiet and still). In his hand he had a stick with which he was scratching the ground. Then he raised his head and said, “Seek refuge with Allaah from the torment of the grave”, two or three times. Then he said, “When the believing slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him from heaven angels with white faces like the sun, and they sit around him as far as the eye can see. They bring with them shrouds from Paradise and perfumes from Paradise. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits by his head, and he says, ‘O good soul, come forth to forgiveness from Allaah and His pleasure.’ Then it comes out easily like a drop of water from the the mouth of a waterskin. When he seizes it, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant before they take it and put it in that shroud with that perfume, and there comes from it a fragrance like the finest musk on the face of the earth. Then they ascend and they do not pass by any group of angels but they say, ‘Who is this good soul?’ and they say, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so, calling him by the best names by which he was known in this world, until they reach the lowest heaven. They ask for it to be opened to them and it is opened, and (the soul) is welcomed and accompanied to the next heaven by those who are closest to Allaah, until they reach the seventh heaven. Then Allaah says: ‘Record the book of My slave in ‘Illiyoon in the seventh heaven, and return him to the earth, for from it I created them, to it I will return them and from it I will bring them forth once again.’ So his soul is returned to his body and there come to him two angels who make him sit up and they say to him, ‘Who is your Lord?’ He says, ‘Allaah.’ They say, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘My religion is Islam.’ They say, ‘Who is this man who was sent among you?’ He says, ‘He is the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ They say, ‘What did you do?’ He says, ‘I read the Book of Allaah and I believed in it.’ Then a voice calls out from heaven, ‘My slave has spoken the truth, so prepare for him a bed from Paradise and clothe him from Paradise, and open for him a gate to Paradise.’ Then there comes to him some of its fragrance, and his grave is made wide, as far as he can see. Then there comes to him a man with a handsome face and handsome clothes, and a good fragrance, who says, ‘Receive the glad tidings that will bring you joy this day.’ He says, ‘Who are you? Your face is a face which brings glad tidings.’ He says, ‘I am your righteous deeds.’ He says, ‘O Lord, hasten the Hour so that I may return to my family and my wealth.’ But when the disbelieving slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him from heaven angels with black faces, bringing sackcloth, and they sit around him as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits by his head, and he says, ‘O evil soul, come forth to the wrath of Allaah and His anger.’ Then his soul disperses inside his body, then comes out cutting the veins and nerves, like a skewer passing through wet wool. When he seizes it, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant before they take it and put it in that sackcloth, and there comes from it a stench like the foulest stench of a dead body on the face of the earth. Then they ascend and they do not pass by any group of angels but they say, ‘Who is this evil soul?’ and they say, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so, calling him by the worst names by which he was known in this world, until they reach the lowest heaven. They ask for it to be opened to them and it is not opened.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited (interpretation of the meaning):

“for them the gates of heaven will not be opened, and they will not enter Paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle”

[al-A’raaf 7:40]

He said: “Then Allaah says, ‘Record the book of My slave in Sijjeen in the lowest earth, and return him to the earth, for from it I created them, to it I will return them and from it I will bring them forth once again.’ So his soul is cast down.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“and whoever assigns partners to Allaah, it is as if he had fallen from the sky, and the birds had snatched him, or the wind had thrown him to a far off place”

[al-Hajj 22:31]

He said: “Then his soul is returned to his body, and there come to him two angels who make him sit up and they say to him, ‘Who is your Lord?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ They say, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ Then a voice calls out from heaven, ‘Prepare for him a bed from Hell and clothe him from Hell, and open for him a gate to Hell.’ Then there comes to him some of its heat and hot winds, and his grave is constricted and compresses him until his ribs interlock. Then there comes to him a man with an ugly face and ugly clothes, and a foul stench, who says, ‘Receive the bad news, this is the day that you were promised.’ He says, ‘Who are you? Your face is a face which forebodes evil.’ He says, ‘I am your evil deeds.’ He says, ‘O Lord, do not let the Hour come, do not let the Hour come.’”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4753; Ahmad, 18063

Rasulullah said, 'The grave is a garden of paradise or a pit of hell.' (Ibid)

Rasulullah said, 'It has been revealed to me that the trial in the grave is similar to the trial of Dajjaal.' (Tirmidhi)

Rasulullah said, 'If you are made to listen to the punishment in the grave, you will stop burying your deceased.' (Tirmidhi)

Rasulullah advised, 'Seek protection from the punishment of the grave.' (Ibid)

In one Hadith, two reasons have been cited for the punishment in the grave:
a) Not exercising precaution from the splashes of urine drops,
b) Gossiping.

It was the noble habit of Rasulullah to make du'a in Salat for protection from the punishment of the grave.

Recite Surah Mulk before sleeping for protection against grave punishment:

Ibn Abbas (radiAllahu anhu) said that one of the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)’s companions set up his tent over a grave without realising that it was a grave and it contained a man who was reciting the Surah Tabarakallahi Biyadihil Mulk up to the end. He went and told the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) who said, ‘It is The Defender; it is The Protector which safeguards from Allah Ta’ala’s punishment’ [at-Tirmidhi]

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave’ [Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]

Also reading Surah Sajda is very beneficial against the punishment of the grave.

Khalid bin Madam (tabie) said about surat Al Mulk and ‘As Sajda that these two surahs will fight for their reciter in the grave and will say, ‘O Allah! If we belong to your book, accept our intercession in his favour. In case we do not, get us obliterated. These surahs will spread their wings like birds and will save the person from the torment of the grave.’ [Mishkat al-Misbah]

In regards to neglecting sunnah, our beloved Rasulallah (Pbuh) has left us his sunnah which is his actions, sayings,attributes,morals, characteristics etc and we should try out best to follow all of this as much as is possible because he is our role model and whatever he did and said was not from his own doing but what Allah wanted so in effect whatever the Prophet (Pbuh) did or said then it is what Allah wanted.

So we should try our best to follow the way our beloved Rasulallah (Pbuh) lead his life.In the way he ate, drank,slept,woke up,sunnah's of going to the toilet,sunnahs of jummah,masnoon dua's etc. There are so many and eevryday we should learn a new sunnah and implement it into our lives then we would be living Islam full time and not part time.

This also means we should not neglect sunnah and nafl prayers because if there is a deficiency in our fard salat then our sunnah and nafl salat that we did during our life time will make up for any deficiencies in our fard salats.

My sister it is a good thing that your not satisfied with your actions because we should NEVER be satisfied with the amount of good deeds were doing. We should ALWAYS do more and more good deeds all of the time and improve ourselves on a daily basis!

From time to time most certainly man becomes weak and de-railed. His Imaan power and actions are not strong enough to pull him towards his ultimate goal to become a true slave of Allah. At every slip he decides to make a change in his life... but seems to not reach any where due to the diluting effect of the deception and distractions of this World...

This time He wants to be different in his return to Allah. He decides to rise with great determination to fight but realises the shackles tied to a heavy pile of old habits and sins.

So he takes the 1st necessary step

He makes Du’a to Allah and repents sincerely... Asking Allah for His divine Help and Mercy

To Man his open enemy is shaitaan – who openly plots with a gradual and consistent approach. Shaitaan very cleverly works on man without him realising, eventually over powering him to the extent that he interferes in his thinking and decision making.

As for step 2

In order for Man to succeed, logically he would need a plan to be as good or better than his opponents. A good plan that is more likely to work is structured and organized. A plan that allows one to weigh and monitor. Always wise to be a step (or more) ahead of your enemy.

The shield for man is his Imaan & Ibaadah (worship of Allah)

In order for one to really develop on his Imaan he needs to increase in doing good actions (Ibaadah), likewise for ones Imaan to decrease then that is only due to the sins committed.

A simple plan has been put in place for one to keep himself in check on a daily basis.

I can't seem to attach a file to this post because this forum has only given a little bit of file space but i have a weblink below where you can download a plan which helps one to over come his weaknesses.

A device which can be used to monitor and actually see progress on things that need developing and worked on, on a daily basis. So one can check every single day ones progress and put it on a structured table so that one may monitor oneself and improve oneself every single day!

This may seem impossible to carry out but it really isn’t!

Don’t allow shaitaan to interfere anymore in your thinking, if you see an opportunity of doing something good then to hold back. This would only be your loss.

I hope this helps, and i am sure it will Insha Allah

My Daily Ibadah(worship) check

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...599#post427599

mariyyah
11-10-2009, 03:25 PM

I would like to know if it is possible to still pray if you are junub and you couldnt take a shower because your shower is broken so what to do please ? Jazakoum ALLAH khairan

Hamza Asadullah
11-10-2009, 06:52 PM

I would like to know if it is possible to still pray if you are junub and you couldnt take a shower because your shower is broken so what to do please ? Jazakoum ALLAH khairan
Wa Alaikum Asalaam Wr Wb, do you mean if you can pray if you are on your perioud?

If you are Junub because of marital relations then you must shower immediatley because we should not be in the state of Junub for longer than we have to be.

It is best to shower immediatley after relations as we as Muslims should always try to be in the state of wudu and not be in the state of junub.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No prayer is accepted without purification, and no charity (is accepted) that comes from stolen wealth .” Narrated by Muslim (224).

zakirs
11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Sister Salam alaikum..

you could do tayammum (link)

This is explained here ..http://islamqa.com/en/ref/101547.

If you become junub, you have to do ghusl so that you will be able to pray. It is not permissible for you to pray if you are junub, and wudoo’ cannot take the place of ghusl, but if you cannot find water or you find cold water, and you cannot find any means of heating it, and you fear that you may be harmed by using it, then you can do tayammum.

mariyyah
11-10-2009, 07:44 PM

Yes iam junub because of marital relations but my shower is broken and i cannot take a shower and thats why i didnt pray today and i feel very stress because i didnt pray thats why iam asking if it is possible to pray without shower or do i have to wait until we fix our shower then i repray my loan ?

Jazakaoum ALLAH SWT khaiaran

Hamza Asadullah
11-10-2009, 07:55 PM

Yes iam junub because of marital relations but my shower is broken and i cannot take a shower and thats why i didnt pray today and i feel very stress because i didnt pray thats why iam asking if it is possible to pray without shower or do i have to wait until we fix our shower then i repray my loan ?

Jazakaoum ALLAH SWT khaiaran
In that case you should do tayyamum(Dry wudu) until your shower is fixed, that will suffice inshallah. Just do the qaza of the salats you missed and inshallah Allah will forgive you as he understands all situations.

Faraaid (Compulsory Acts of) Tayammum

There are three FARAA'ID (Compulsory Acts) of TAYAMMUM:

1. NIYYAT (intention).
2. Striking both hands on earth and rubbing them on the face.
3. Striking both hands on earth and rubbing both forearms including the elbows.

MASNOON WAY OF TAYAMMUM

FIRST

RECITE: Bismillahirahmaniraheem

In the name of Allah most compassionate most merciful.

AND MAKE NIYYAT.

For GHUSL one should make the intention: "I am making TAYAMMUM for GHUSL".

For WUDHU one should make the intention: "I am making TAYAMMUM for WUDHU".

Make NIYYAT or intention in the following way:

"O Allah, 1 am making TAYAMMUM for WUDHU or GHUSL, to perform my NAMAAZ or recite the QURAAN SHARIF, etc."

SECOND

Strike both hands on clean earth or dust. Then dust the hands and blow off the excess dust or earth on the hands.

Rub both the hands over the complete face without leaving a hair's breadth of space.

THIRD

Strike both hands again on the ground.
Then dust the hands and blow off the excess dust.
Rub the left hand over the complete right hand including the elbow.
Rub the right hand over the complete left-hand including the elbow.
Then do KHILAAL of fingers. If one is wearing a ring it is necessary to remove it or at least revolve it.
It is SUNNAT to do KHILAL of the beard also.

TAYAMMUM IS ALLOWED FOR BOTH WUDHU AND GHUSL.

ITEMS ON WHICH TAYAMMUM IS PERMITTED

1. Taahir earth.
2. Sand.
3. Stone.
4. Limestone.
5. Baked earthen pots (Unglazed).
6. Walls of mud, stone or brick.
7. Clay.
8. All items which have thick dust on them.

ITEMS ON WHICH TAYAMMUM IS NOT PERMITTED

1. Wood.
2. Metal.
3. Glass.
4. Food items.
5. All items, which burn to ash, rot or melt.

Things on which TAYAMMUM is allowed need not be covered with dust.

If there is a stone, brick or clay pot, it can be used for TAYAMMUM even after it was washed clean and has no dust on it.

TAYAMMUM is permissible if one is on the point of missing the JANAZA NAMAAZ or EIDAIN NAMAAZ. THERE IS NO QAZA FOR THESE TWO NAMAAZ.

It will not be necessary to repeat the Namaaz already performed should water be found after the Namaaz.

The duration of TAYAMMUM, is as long as water is not available or the helplessness continues. This can last for years.

NAWAQISE (Breakers of) TAYAMMUM

NAWAAQISE TAYAMMUM

Things which break WUDHU also break TAYAMMUM.
TAYAMMUM for GHUSL breaks only after HADASE AKBAR.
TAYAMMUM done when water is not found breaks when water is found.
TAYAMMUM done due to a disease breaks when one is cured from that disease.
One can perform any number of Namaaz by one TAYAMMUM as long as it does not break.
TAYAMMUM done for FARZ Namaaz will be valid for NAFL, for reading the HOLY QURAAN, Janaza Namaaz, Sajda-E-Tilaawat and for all other kinds of Namaaz.

mariyyah
11-10-2009, 08:24 PM

Brother hamza81 Jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan to explain to me but the problem is in my case i have water but i cannot take a shower because the shower broken and is licking the water to downstairs people and they are complaining so if i open the shower the water will go to other people downstairs flat and i will be in a big trouble thats why iam asking for a sloution

i dont have earth or dust as you know in UK all wood but i will try to find INSHALLAH a stone from outside and use it as tayamum

It is haram to eat food while you are junub or not ?

JAzaka ALLAH SWT khairan

Hamza Asadullah
11-10-2009, 08:36 PM

Brother hamza81 Jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan to explain to me but the problem is in my case i have water but i cannot take a shower because the shower broken and is licking the water to downstairs people and they are complaining so if i open the shower the water will go to other people downstairs flat and i will be in a big trouble thats why iam asking for a sloution

i dont have earth or dust as you know in UK all wood but i will try to find INSHALLAH a stone from outside and use it as tayamum

It is haram to eat food while you are junub or not ?

JAzaka ALLAH SWT khairan
My sister the situation your in where you can't access the water because of the problems you face in doing so, then it is permissable to do Tayyamum.

As soon as the problem with your shower is fixed then your Tayamum is broken and you can do ghusl properly with water. Islam has solution to everything my sister do not worry.

It is not haram to eat while you are Junub. I am also from UK and it is very easy to do tayamum just do it on a brick or even a clay pot or any stone.

mariyyah
11-10-2009, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
My sister the situation your in where you can't access the water because of the problems you face in doing so, then it is permissable to do Tayyamum.

As soon as the problem with your shower is fixed then your Tayamum is broken and you can do ghusl properly with water. Islam has solution to everything my sister do not worry.

It is not haram to eat while you are Junub. I am also from UK and it is very easy to do tayamum just do it on a brick or even a clay pot or any stone.

I will INSHALLAH , JAZAKA ALLAH SWT khairan brother in the islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.