/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Living with a non-Muslim

Abdul Qadir
11-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Salam,

I am a muslim, my sister married a christian. my parents did not attend the wedding. then, she came back, and she is now supporting my family. i just started working, so im contributing nowdays too. her husband is also living with us. as far as i know, its haram for a kafir to stay in a muslims house and i can see why. everything in my house is in haywire. i nowdays go pray in the mosque for the 5 fard prayers as i find it difficult to pray at home. i only sometimes pray fard at home. its really difficult for me. how to get him out of the house tactfully? i hate him nowdays to the core...and i have not talked to my sister about her coming back to islam as im too afraid. she keeps telling my parents and me of what she has done for us in the past and that we should remain grateful to her. any advice?

salam...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-03-2009, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Kadir
Salam,

I am a muslim, my sister married a christian. my parents did not attend the wedding. then, she came back, and she is now supporting my family. i just started working, so im contributing nowdays too. her husband is also living with us. as far as i know, its haram for a kafir to stay in a muslims house and i can see why. everything in my house is in haywire. i nowdays go pray in the mosque for the 5 fard prayers as i find it difficult to pray at home. i only sometimes pray fard at home. its really difficult for me. how to get him out of the house tactfully? i hate him nowdays to the core...and i have not talked to my sister about her coming back to islam as im too afraid. she keeps telling my parents and me of what she has done for us in the past and that we should remain grateful to her. any advice?

salam...
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazakallah my brother for having the confidence to come out with such a sensative issue.

This is a very sad situation my brother. Unfortunatley your sister is in a marriage that is void and therefore nullified and Muslim scholars agree that such marriages are NOT accepted in Islam so your sister is living like she is an adultress in the eyes of Allah.

This is a very unfortunate situation that your family is in where the non Muslim man has also moved in and your sister has in effect brain washed your parents into accepting her and her non Muslim partner into your home by telling them how much shes done for the family. This is totally unnacceptable and the non Muslim man living in your home is effectivley like your sister bringing in a non Muslim boyfriend into your home because the marriage is NOT accepted at all.

These situations are VERY difficult to deal with but i would recommend that you make you family aware of the Islamic perspective of the marriage between Muslim women and non Muslim men. I would also recommend you and them go to a reliable and experienced scholar of Islam who would be able to advise you and your parents more effectivley than us lay people in here.

Make sure you do that brother because it is crucial that you act quickly. Your parents must know that they cannot except this imposter into their home and you must also continue to talk to your sister about What Islam says about these marriages and give her dawah about coming back into Islam in a beautiful and gentle manner.

It is easy to get angry but that won't solve anything. Remember you are ONLY an informer and ONLY Allah guides so do the best you can but make sure that you find an experienced and reliable scholar as soon as possible and meet him with your parents and i ask Allah to reward you for your patience and may he bring a solution to this sensative issue. Ameen

Ramadhan
11-04-2009, 07:05 AM
and i have not talked to my sister about her coming back to islam as im too afraid. .
So your sister is kaafir now?
Astaghfirullaah.

You need to have a real good talk with your sister and communicate with her your grievances. Your sister must be made aware that she has transgressed the rights of her family.
if possible, give her da'wah and try give her understanding about afterlife implications of her leaving Islam. When you do your dailiy shalat, make du'a to Allah SWT to give hidayah to your sister, and ask your parents especially your mother to do the same. Sincere du'a from mother for her children are accepted by Allah.

zakirs
11-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Salaam bro,

Please try stay calm and give dawah by your actions and words.Since you can't force anybody into a religion gently talk to your sister.Remember never get mad or angry since that might complicate situations more.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
11-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Greetings,

as far as i know, its haram for a kafir to stay in a muslims house and i can see why. everything in my house is in haywire.
I'm not trying to cause an argument here, but what exactly is the problem? What has this non-Muslim man done wrong? I'm curious to find out why this is seen as such a big problem.

Peace

mariyyah
11-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Because as a muslims we are not allowed to marry a christian man until he becomes a muslim thats our religion and we are proud of our religion the islam
ALLAH IS GREAT, ALLAH IS GREAT,ALLAH IS GREAT,AALLAH IS GREAT,AND OUR PROPHET MOHAMMED SALLA ALLAHO ALAIHI WASSALLAM IS WONDERFUL

Ar-RaYYan
11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Salam,

salam...
brother we should be careful with our words and we cant say things are haraam unless we have evidence from the Qur'an, Sunnah or sources from scholars. Its not haraam for a non-muslim to live in a muslim household but it can create tension and problems like the ones you have mentioned. However what is haraam is your sister having a relationship with a non-muslim man. In Islam this relationship cannot be classified as 'marriage'. Like the other members said you need to give dawah to your family especially to your sister or you could ask the local imam step in and advise your family.
All the best brother.
May Allah guide your family to the right path.

ardianto
11-04-2009, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

I'm not trying to cause an argument here, but what exactly is the problem? What has this non-Muslim man done wrong? I'm curious to find out why this is seen as such a big problem.

Peace
I have no problem if a non-Muslim want to stay my home. As long as this non-Muslim respect to my religion.

However, if a non-Muslim converting my sister into his religion, marry her then want to stay in my home,..... I never doubt to say "Get lost !" to this man and my sister.

Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Salam,

salam...
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, i found similar question and answers to your situation on Islamonoine. I hope inshallah they help:

Question:

What should a Muslim father living in a Western country do, when his daughter marries a non-Muslim man against his will?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner! Thank you for your question and the confidence you place in our service, and we pray to Allah to enable us render this service purely for His Sake.

The problem of Muslim women going with non-Muslim men in the West and marrying them is really a serious problem that needs cautious handling. Unwise handling will only further complicate the matter. In fact, in the West, as anywhere else, from the very beginning, parents should pay due care to raising their children as Muslims, instructing them in the teachings of Islam, and bringing them up in an Islamic environment. This will help them avoid such things, for they will understand that a Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim man. It is important here to remember that prevention is better than cure. However, when a father is faced with his daughter coming with a non-Muslim man and saying “Hey, dad! This is my husband!' he has to be very cautious and never lose his temper.

The prominent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Hulail, Imam of Tariq ibn Ziad Mosque in Frankfort, Germany, tries to offer us some advice in this regard:

"In fact, the point raised in the question is one of the serious problems that many Muslim fathers do face in the Western countries. This problem should be tackled seriously from all sides. One of the main reasons behind this problem is the parents neglecting to bring up their children to be true Muslims.

It is against Islamic law for a Muslim woman marry a non-Muslim man. However, some Muslim women, unfortunately, do breach this Islamic principle and marry non-Muslim men.

If a Muslim father faces a problem of such kind with his daughter, he should not resort to violence with her. The European law would guarantee her and her husband protection and might even prevent the father from seeing his daughter for a long time. Prudence is the most appropriate way to follow in treating this problem; the father is to wisely try to convince his daughter of the wrongness of her action in the Islamic point of view and show her his concern for her sake in that regard.

Then, he is to try to take some further steps to solve such a problem. For example, he can attempt to convince his daughter's husband to accept Islam. Allah Almighty might will that the husband embrace Islam, in which case, the marriage would be lawful under the Islamic law. The father then would be pleased, first, for attracting a new person to Islam, and second, for guaranteeing that his daughter would lead a life according to the Islamic Law.

If the husband does not accept Islam, the father should not severe the relationship with his daughter on the pretext that the marriage is against Islamic Law. He should remain on good terms with her and keep exerting his utmost so as to persuade her to return to the right path of Islam. If he is already sincere in his attempts to do so, Almighty Allah will help him and may guide the man his daughter married to the right path."

Focusing more on this issue, the prominent Muslim scholar Dr. Jamal Badawi, professor at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and member of the Fiqh Council of North America, also states:

"The first thing a father is to do in that regard is to make it clear that he and his wife do not agree with the marriage, as this is something that is decisive and clear in Shar`iah. A Muslim woman should marry only a Muslim man.

Second, the father should not sever all relationship with his daughter because, given the setting in the Western world, it might even increase her intransigence, and a girl or woman who marries a non-Muslim obviously seems to have some problem with her understanding of and commitment to Islam. So, by severing all relationship, actually, it might push her towards intransigence. As a father—God forbid it that happens—of course, I could not justify to myself being a part of the wedding, for example. That might be hard on the parents, but they should do so [i.e., refuse to attend], for attending the wedding may appear as sanction and acceptance of the marriage. Rather, the parents are to make it clear that marriage is not acceptable and that it this is something that would hurt them. But, meanwhile, they are to indicate that their love for and relationship with their daughter is something that will continue, that the father's home would be open for her, and that should anything happen in the future to her, he would be there to help. In other words, the parents should have a balanced and careful relationship with their daughter. They should express their disapproval and displeasure, but they should also continue the relationship and the show of concern and love, because that may, it is hoped, soften her heart. She may by herself realize what she did and become more committed and want to have some changes in her life.

It is quite possible she married the person because she has had a strong emotional attraction to him, but she may then realize that things do not work as she had expected and the marriage may break down. In which case, there should be always a welcoming home for her to come back to. But more importantly, of course, is what led to that situation. It may be, in part, a lack of understanding why Islam does not allow a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man, while it allows Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women, and whether this is depriving a woman of any privilege.

One has to understand that there are specific reasons why it is permitted for Muslim men, but not Muslim women, to marry non-Muslims [but only Christians or Jews]. By the way, this is not recommended; it has been allowed by way of exception. This is not discrimination; there are good reasons for it. The Muslim woman should, after all, have the right to practice her faith and to raise her children without pressure from a husband who does not believe in her religion. A non-Muslim husband does not believe in Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), does not believe in the Qur'an, does not believe even in Islam as a legitimate religion.

On the other hand, when a Muslim man marries a woman of the Book, he guarantees her freedom to practice her religion, for he principally believes in the Heavenly Book she believes in, that is, in its original form. His religion teaches him that he is obligated not to oppress her. So, she can practice her religion freely, in the whole, not just in individual cases.

Furthermore, there is a very good reason why this permission was given to men from the early days of Islam. The early Muslims were the ones who carried the message of Islam to many places in the world and even resided there for good. If they had not been allowed to marry People of the Book, it would have been very difficult to them to maintain their chastity. And as a result of marrying from these countries, their wives, actually, accepted Islam and their children were raised as Muslims, and that was how Islam spread in the world.

So there were specific situations why that exception did serve the purpose for men. In the case of women, they need to have full protection in respect of their religious rights, and that can only be guaranteed by marrying not only a Muslim, but a good Allah-fearing Muslim who would not mistreat them or interfere in their religious practice."

Here, we'd like also to cite the words of Sheikh Ounis Guergah, Head of the Fatwa House, Paris, France:

"The Muslim father should not agree to that kind of marriage. He should try to persuade his daughter not to marry a non-Muslim man, for it is unlawful for the Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man. Such a relationship between the Muslim woman and the non-Muslim man is regarded in Islam as a kind of fornication. However, the parents should remain on good terms with their daughter, so that she may not turn away from Islam altogether. The parents also should be wise in dealing with their daughter's partner, so that he may one day accept Islam. If he embraced Islam, the contract of marriage would be rewritten, then, to be lawful in Islam."

Source:http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

Read also:

Question

Dear scholars, As-Salamu `alaykum. I would like to know how should a Muslim father act if his daughter (also Muslim) gets married to a non-Muslim man? Jazakum Allah khayran.

Answer

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

It goes without saying that it is not permissible for a Muslim woman to get married to a non-Muslim and doing so is a grave sin. Deeming this marriage as lawful by the woman is so serious that it can put her outside the pale of Islam. Rather, if she does so out of her ignorance of the ruling or without deeming it permissible, then still she is committing a very grave sin.

As Muslims we are commanded to forbid what is evil, enjoin what is good, and call to the path of Allah through wisdom and good admonition. Therefore, it is the duty of the Muslim father to exhaust all endeavors to communicate with his daughter so that she may respond to the sincere advice and stop the sin she is committing. In his endeavors, the father should not feel desperate as leaving her alone will mean that she will continue committing the sin and be far away from an Islamic environment.

In the meantime, the father should absolutely refuse what his daughter has done and show sheer condemnation to it. If he sees that boycotting his daughter will influence her and cause her to reconsider her mistake, then he can do so. All in all, it is not permissible to maintain relations with her without showing any disapproval of her action.

Highlighting the role of parents and their responsibility for such sorry state, the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Hanooti, member of the North American Fiqh Council, states:

"We should go back to earlier steps before getting of the age of marriage. In many cases, we do not provide our kids with the immune steps to protect them against these catastrophes. We do not give them good faith, good knowledge of Islam and self-respect. We leave them to admire everything of the non-Muslim way of life.

A father cannot do anything when his daughter gets married to a non-Muslim, he only should try to approach his daughter and others with da`wah and bringing her back to Islam."

Source:http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543382

Another question:

Question

What is the status of a woman who prays five times daily, fast during Ramadan, pay Zakah but remains married to a non-Muslim man? Can she be called a Muslim? Does the Qur'an have any injunction on Muslim women marrying non-Muslims?

Answer

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for showing keenness on learning the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. We hope our efforts meet your expectations, yet we apologize for the late reply.

First of all, it’s important for a Muslim woman to know the essence of the ruling that she should not marry a non-Muslim; she should know that it’s a great honor for her to be bared from doing so. According to the Qur'an, the husband is the head of a household, and as such his wife should obey him. Almighty Allah does not want to put the Muslim woman in a position that a non-Muslim becomes her head in her own private life. Allah has spared her from being under the authority of a non-Muslim husband. Please read first the following fatwa for more details:

Marrying a Non-Muslim Male

With regard to whether a woman who is already married to a non-Muslim man will be regarded as a Muslim or not, we would like to furnish you with the views of different scholars regarding the issue.

Sheikh Muhammad Iqbal Nadvi, Imam of Calgary Mosque, Canada, and Former Professor at King Saud Univ., Saudi Arabia, answers:

“Dear Brother, your question actually touches on the Islamic legal status of a Muslim woman married to a non-Muslim. First of all, I would like to explain two things before quoting the relevant verses regarding the main question:

1-Any effect in faith is decisive, and any practice of Islam will not benefit the person if he or she does not have sound belief.

2- The Qur’an and Sunnah are both the sources of Shari’ah, so we will follow the Sunnah the same way we follow the Qur’an. And the way to apply the text and to extract meanings from it is called Fiqh. So we need to seek the expert opinion of fiqh scholars for understanding the sure and exact meaning of the legal text.

Now let me quote for you two verses from the Qur’an concerning the Islamic ruling of a Muslim woman marrying a non-Muslim man. The first verse is mentioned in Surat Al-Baqarah, verse 221, where Allah, the Almighty, says:

“And do not give (believing women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe, and certainly a believing servant is better than an idolater, even though he should please you.”

The second verse is no. 10 in Surat Al-Mumtahinah, where Allah, the Almighty, says:

“O ye who believe! When there come to you believing women refugees, examine (and test) them: Allah knows best as to their Faith: if ye ascertain that they are Believers, then send them not back to the Unbelievers. They are not lawful (wives) for the Unbelievers, nor are the (Unbelievers) lawful (husbands) for them.”

In the light of the foregoing verses and according to the practice of Muslims, it is absolutely Haram (forbidden) for a Muslim woman to get married to a non-Muslim man. This is one of the basics of Islam, and any woman is not supposed to violate the ruling whatever the case maybe.

Now, we have some relevant cases: If a Muslim woman is married to a non-Muslim man believing that this is Halal (permissible) while being aware of the clear-cut proofs prohibiting this, then she has committed an act of disbelief by denying a ruling which has been established by Ijma’ (consensus of scholars).

Another case is that of a non-Muslim woman who has embraced Islam while her husband is still non-Muslim. In this case, it is not wise, as Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi and a number of prominent scholars have stated, to tell the lady to leave her husband the moment she embraces Islam especially if she has kids and her husband can be convinced to convert to Islam. So, in this case, I would say that the lady should work on her husband and try to give him time to consider Islam in an attempt to embrace Islam and resume their matrimonial life. If her husband accepts Islam, then marriage is to be resumed; otherwise she has to leave him. If she stays with him then she will be committing a huge sin which might result also to the stage of Riddah (apostasy) if she gets to know the ruling and still prefers to stay with her husband.

A Muslim lady must not take this ruling lightly for its violation might cause her to lose not only her acts of worships but her faith (Iman) too, if she insists on violating the Islamic ruling regarding this.”

Sheikh Hamed Al-Ali, instructor of Islamic Heritage at the Faculty of Education, Kuwait and Imam of Dahiat As-Sabahiyya Mosque, confirms:

"If a Muslim woman gets married to a non-Muslim, she will be committing a huge sin and will even be regarded as an adulteress. If she considers it Halal for her to stay in this marriage, denies the prohibition established by the Shari`ah in explicit and unequivocal words, and finds nothing wrong Islamically in keeping up this marriage, then she would be considered a Kafir (disbeliever) in this case."

The late prominent scholar Sheikh Mustafa Az-Zarqa, may Allah bless his soul, points out:

“As for the marriage of a Muslim woman to a non-Muslim man, there is no way to justify it. It has been categorically forbidden by the Qur’an: “And do not give (believing women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe.”

“O ye who believe! When there come to you believing women refugees, examine (and test) them: Allah knows best as to their Faith: if ye ascertain that they are Believers, then send them not back to the Unbelievers. They are not lawful (wives) for the Unbelievers, nor are the (Unbelievers) lawful (husbands) for them.”

All Muslim jurists have unanimously agreed that this kind of marriage is forbidden.

However, I would like to take into consideration a public interest regarding some cases which result from this marriage. We should differentiate between a Muslim woman who marries someone from the People of the Book (Jews and Christians), not caring about the difference in religion between them, and a woman from the People of the Book who accepted Islam while her husband is still non-Muslim, and she has kids from him. In the latter case, the woman is not allowed to live with her non-Muslim husband unless he becomes a Muslim; however it is possible that the dissolution of marriage does not take place right away upon the husband’s refusal to embrace Islam.

It is reported that the Prophet’s daughter Zainab was married, before Islam, to a polytheistic man called Abul `As Ibn Ar-Rubayy`. The latter participated with the disbelievers in the Battle of Badr and he was taken captive by Muslims. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, released him on the condition that he would send Zainab free. Abul `As did what he promised the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, to do.

Then it happened that Abul `As went to Ash-Shaam (the Levant) with a caravan, and on his way back he was intercepted by the expedition of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. All the people in the caravan were arrested with the exception of Abu Abul `As, who ran away. When it was the night, Abul `As came to Zainab, may Allah be pleased with her, and sought her protection, and she did protect him. At the Fajr prayer, she, may Allah be pleased with her, went to the Masjid and announced that she had given refuge to Abul `As. Upon saying this, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said to her: “Make his stay honorable, but don’t let him have intercourse with you for you are no longer lawful for him.”

It is said that Abul `As returned to Makkah to give back the trusts to their rightful owners; then he went back to Madinah, embraced Islam, and then returned to his wife Zainab. It is not reported that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, did make a new Nikah (marriage contract) for his daughter.

The lesson we learn from this incident is that a wife’s patience towards her non-Muslim husband might guide his heart to Islam. So, a Muslim wife should try to give her husband some time, and invite him to Islam. However, in all case, she is not allowed to have sexual intercourse with him.

Thus, we conclude that it is completely Haram for a Muslim woman to get married to a non-Muslim man, and a Muslim woman must not violate this prohibition that has been established by clear-cut proofs from the Qur’an and Sunnah. If a Muslim woman does go against this ruling out of weakness in her faith, then she will still be considered a sinful Muslim committing a great sin that would even reach the stage of Zina if she knows the ruling and still denies it. However, if she violates the ruling out of stubbornness, denying the ruling of Allah, and considering this act to be permissible, while being aware of the proofs and evidence speaking against this forbidden act, then she will be considered as a Kafir and outside the fold of Islam.

Source:http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545554

cat eyes
11-04-2009, 12:55 PM
it sounds like your sister has left the path of islam totally if she is well aware this marriage is void and she probably dose not care. and when a person has left islam you cannot do anything. thats in the hands of Allah. Allah guides whom he wills and leads astray whom he wills. all you can do is warn her to go to a scholar but i doubt you will be heard. Allah puts a covering on there ears and there hearts

Eliphaz
11-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Salam,

salam...
Tough situation. I would agree 100% with zakirs that you can't force anyone into a religion. I take it your sis is basically just not practising any religion right now?

The best thing to do is speak to your sister. Try not to come from the whole "you married a kafir" angle. Find out why she left Islam, what are her reasons? If you think her reasons are based on misconceptions, then you should try to clarify these issues through yourself or through a scholar. Her husband is realisitically innocent as far as his own values go, so you shouldn't hate him.

P.S. I would like to point out to all those yelling "the marriage is haram!" "the marriage is null and void!", that if your sister is already outside Islam, then what difference would these arguments make to her? I would once again wish to emphasise that it is a bad idea to come from the whole "you are a bad Muslim" angle when she is probably not interested in Islamic arguments!

Abdul Qadir
11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omar_21:30
Tough situation. I would agree 100% with zakirs that you can't force anyone into a religion. I take it your sis is basically just not practising any religion right now?

The best thing to do is speak to your sister. Try not to come from the whole "you married a kafir" angle. Find out why she left Islam, what are her reasons? If you think her reasons are based on misconceptions, then you should try to clarify these issues through yourself or through a scholar. Her husband is realisitically innocent as far as his own values go, so you shouldn't hate him.

P.S. I would like to point out to all those yelling "the marriage is haram!" "the marriage is null and void!", that if your sister is already outside Islam, then what difference would these arguments make to her? I would once again wish to emphasise that it is a bad idea to come from the whole "you are a bad Muslim" angle when she is probably not interested in Islamic arguments!
Salam, and jazakullahu khair for all your answers. I am sure Allah will give his reward for all those who have helped me. Yes, my sister is a Kafir. She hates islam. well at least thats what i feel. Allahu A'alam. For those who thinks y we shouldn't live with a non-muslim, well, he sleeps with very short boxers, exposes himself, and my mum feels hurt...my mum, a muslim, has to go thru this. and when my mum telss my sister about this, my sister scolds her anyhow. when my mums confides to me her situation, i just tell her, "this is what happens when u let a Kafir to stay in the house, and depend on your daughter." but she says, "what to do? im sick..i need help.."

Now, the best thing is for them to leave the house. I am working now. My sister has been advised so much by my father and uncles. she still doesn't listen. so i will just tell them politely that its haram for a disbeliever to stay in the house of a muslim. If she keeps telling me that all through my life, she has done this and she has done that for me, she is the reason y im what i am today etc....I will just say, May Allah guide you. and if she says, "Allah has done nothing for you! you were all dependent on me!" i will say, "if thats what ur saying, then just like how we were dependent on you, you are dependent on us now." Coz she cannot live with her husband. they always fights and the house will be like..na'uzhubillah..and when they go out for a while, they will fight and come back....she is dependent on us in that manner...so, if we avoid her, im sure she has no where to run..she will definitely has to divorce that fella and come back...Its all done for the sake of Allah...Coz Allah says, dun severe your ties with ur belly button links...and he has said whoever does so, will be questioned...So, i will do this for the sake of Allah. I will ask her to leave, but pray that she comes back single and muslim...that fella, we had tried so much to explain to him but he wouldn't buldge..he won't leave his religion..he's a catholic...he says he is staunch...but when i see his behaviours, maybe thats what Allah wants me to see..so that i appreciate the religion of Allah...Which i will...Alhamdulillah...

Jaakullahu Khair...

convert
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
if your family has any shame you will expel them from your house. if you sister is even a muslim, she is committing zina every second she is with this kafir.

Hamza Asadullah
11-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Salam, and jazakullahu khair for all your answers. I am sure Allah will give his reward for all those who have helped me. Yes, my sister is a Kafir. She hates islam. well at least thats what i feel. Allahu A'alam. For those who thinks y we shouldn't live with a non-muslim, well, he sleeps with very short boxers, exposes himself, and my mum feels hurt...my mum, a muslim, has to go thru this. and when my mum telss my sister about this, my sister scolds her anyhow. when my mums confides to me her situation, i just tell her, "this is what happens when u let a Kafir to stay in the house, and depend on your daughter." but she says, "what to do? im sick..i need help.."

Now, the best thing is for them to leave the house. I am working now. My sister has been advised so much by my father and uncles. she still doesn't listen. so i will just tell them politely that its haram for a disbeliever to stay in the house of a muslim. If she keeps telling me that all through my life, she has done this and she has done that for me, she is the reason y im what i am today etc....I will just say, May Allah guide you. and if she says, "Allah has done nothing for you! you were all dependent on me!" i will say, "if thats what ur saying, then just like how we were dependent on you, you are dependent on us now." Coz she cannot live with her husband. they always fights and the house will be like..na'uzhubillah..and when they go out for a while, they will fight and come back....she is dependent on us in that manner...so, if we avoid her, im sure she has no where to run..she will definitely has to divorce that fella and come back...Its all done for the sake of Allah...Coz Allah says, dun severe your ties with ur belly button links...and he has said whoever does so, will be questioned...So, i will do this for the sake of Allah. I will ask her to leave, but pray that she comes back single and muslim...that fella, we had tried so much to explain to him but he wouldn't buldge..he won't leave his religion..he's a catholic...he says he is staunch...but when i see his behaviours, maybe thats what Allah wants me to see..so that i appreciate the religion of Allah...Which i will...Alhamdulillah...

Jaakullahu Khair...
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my brother know that Allah will reward you greatly for your patience in this VERY difficult and painful situation. My brother you and your family have tried your hardest. We cannot guide for we are just informers. Now it is upto Allah what their fate is to be but there is no other alternative than to get your sister and her partner out of the house as soon as possible because maybe then she may truly realise what a big mistake shes made by marrying this man and choosing him over her religion.

Ask all of your family to support you in this and to get them out of the house as soon as possible because it is a BIG sin on your family to let her and her partner stay any longer because their marriage is void therfore they are living in your house like adulterers committing adultery everyday in your house.

I pray inshallah that your sister will come back soon and realise her mistakes. Know that she will never realise her mistakes whilst her and her partner are living in your house right now. For it is clear that she lives in denial because she knows she will realise that she will live a miserable life with him if she remains with a non Muslim for these marriages are void and invalid and are therefore devoid of all blessings and peace.

May Allah May Allah unseal her heart and bring her back to Islam and may Allah solve your family's situation as soon as possible with a positive outcome. Ameen

Abdul Qadir
11-06-2009, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
if your family has any shame you will expel them from your house. if you sister is even a muslim, she is committing zina every second she is with this kafir.
I know bro, but its not as easy as that...=(..my situation is a bit more complicated..

Abdul Qadir
11-06-2009, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my brother know that Allah will reward you greatly for your patience in this VERY difficult and painful situation. My brother you and your family have tried your hardest. We cannot guide for we are just informers. Now it is upto Allah what their fate is to be but there is no other alternative than to get your sister and her partner out of the house as soon as possible because maybe then she may truly realise what a big mistake shes made by marrying this man and choosing him over her religion.

Ask your mother, father and uncles to all support you in this because it is a BIG sin on your family to let her and her partner stay any longer. You HAVE to make sure they are out of the house as soon as possible and i pray inshallah that your sister will come back soon and realise her mistakes. May Allah unseal her heart but know that she will never realise her mistakes whilst her and her partner are living in your house right now. It is clear that she lives in denial because she knows she will live a miserable life with him because these marriages are devoid of all blessings and peace.

May Allah solve your family's situation as soon as possible with a positive outcome. Ameen
Thanks for the advice bro...whenever i feel miserable, i think of Muhammad SAW...his situation when he was in Mecca in early islamic days...ppl will commit kufr around him but he won't say anything...he was patient till he moved to medina....thats the example i want to follow now...i can only be patient with my prayers in hope...=)...

Jazakumulllahu khair...

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Salam,

salam...
:wa:
You must let your sister know that it is haram for a Muslim woman to marry a Christian (although, she probably knows that already).

You are committing an act of sin by hating your sister's husband. Stop the hating! It is haram! Do not talk to your sister about coming back to Islam, she hasn't listened to your parents, and most likely will not listen to you. Ask her why she converted to Christianity. The reason is most likely so that she would be able to marry her husband. Pray to Allah to help your sistern and her husband see the truth in Islam.

As for praying in a masjid because you are afraid to pray at home, you may as well not pray at all. It is a sin to hide your religion (unless you are being oppressed). Pray at home, and pray openly. Show your love for Allah(SWT) to your sister and her husband. They will understand, and will realize how great Islam truly is.

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the advice bro...whenever i feel miserable, i think of Muhammad SAW...his situation when he was in Mecca in early islamic days...ppl will commit kufr around him but he won't say anything...he was patient till he moved to medina....thats the example i want to follow now...i can only be patient with my prayers in hope...=)...

Jazakumulllahu khair...
If you yearn to be as the Prophet(S), know that he never hated anyone, even his enemies.

mariyyah
11-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Assalamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

Brother Abdul Kadir I blame you as well and your family to allowed to your sister from the begininig to have freedom and to bring this christian chap to your house from the first day you should be clear with him and her , you should ask him if he will accept the islam or not and if he said no then noway he stayed in your house , your sister you should ask her if she will give up this christian chap or not if she said no then outside is her home there is no question about it its clear if she choose to become christian and to leave with christians then its up to her but without costing a damage to you and your parents and ALLAH SWT who knows

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariyyah

Brother Abdul Kadir I blame you as well and your family to allowed to your sister from the begininig to have freedom and to bring this christian chap to your house from the first day you should be clear with him and her , you should ask him if he will accept the islam or not and if he said no then noway he stayed in your house , your sister you should ask her if she will give up this christian chap or not if she said no then outside is her home there is no question about it its clear if she choose to become christian and to leave with christians then its up to her but without costing a damage to you and your parents and ALLAH SWT who knows
Sister, u talk more sense...the reason is that my sister is paying for the house..it is my mother's house, but she is the second owner and she is paying for the house..but from next year onwards, i will be paying for the house insyallah....then i can be more firm with both of them..they will be moving out soon anyway..migrating to Aussie blah blah...as long as they are out, especially this guy, Alhamdulillah...it not good for a non-muslim to stay in a muslim's house and behave like a whatever to my mother and father...i nowdays dun talk to him even though my father asked me to be friendly towards him..the only reason y i have not laid a finger on him is because of my father's words...ppl can talk about not hating etc etc..but no one knows how im feeling...whatever it is, this is haram...so what if that guy converts to islam? will that make their marriage valid? someone explain to me this please?

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 01:36 AM

wa'alaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakathu...

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 01:37 AM
"Do not talk to your sister about coming back to Islam, she hasn't listened to your parents, and most likely will not listen to you."

Brother ourislamic, this doesn't make sense...then won't Allah question me about my sister?

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sameera

The good news is that it is not *haram* to marry a Christian or a Jew as no where in the Quran does it state this (see the links below). Only polytheists (Mushrik) or total disbelievers can not marry Muslim women, until and until they believe in Allah as Allah Himself says in the Quran 2:221.
Sister Sameera,

Thanks for the explanation but u got it pathetically wrong there (refer to the quote)...

جوري
11-18-2009, 07:00 AM
What an unfortunate situation at home, may Allah swt grant you sabr, I don't know how your parents could tolerate this or even you.. nothing in this world is worth losing your soul.. financial or otherwise.. surely if you trust and carry out your duties toward Allah swt he'll find you a way out.. I think I'd throw your sister and her kaffir husband out, or try to find some sort of small flat to live with your parents with what you can afford until Allah swt improves your situation..

la 7wala wla qiwta illa billah

:w:

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
What an unfortunate situation at home, may Allah swt grant you sabr, I don't know how your parents could tolerate this or even you.. nothing in this world is worth losing your soul.. financial or otherwise.. surely if you trust and carry out your duties toward Allah swt he'll find you a way out.. I think I'd throw your sister and her kaffir husband out, or try to find some sort of small flat to live with your parents with what you can afford until Allah swt improves your situation..

la 7wala wla qiwta illa billah

:w:
Well said sister,

May Allah bless us and forgive us.....=)..

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Because as a muslims we are not allowed to marry a christian man until he becomes a muslim thats our religion and we are proud of our religion the islam
ALLAH IS GREAT, ALLAH IS GREAT,ALLAH IS GREAT,AALLAH IS GREAT,AND OUR PROPHET MOHAMMED SALLA ALLAHO ALAIHI WASSALLAM IS WONDERFUL
Sis, u speak nothing but the truth..bro, its not right for a Kafir to stay in a muslim's house..if that happens, its a defeat to islam...i cannot explain that now, if u want, i can do it...but the thing is, he wears shirts the kafir way..and my mum is staying in the house..how is a kafir let alone anyone allowed to look at a women's hair, neck etc apart from those which a mahram to them????

Abdul Qadir
11-18-2009, 07:15 AM
and he knows these...its just utter disrespect that he insists on staying at my house...

Sameera
11-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Salams,

Br Abdul Kadir, it is entirely up to you if you do not wish to follow my naseeha or the evidence in the links I posted, but there is no need for inflamatory language.

In any case I have spent time writing this for the sake of Allah and do not need your 'approval' it is up to you if you do not even wish to know or investigate the evidence I posted nor understand the arabic terminology for 'polytheists'.

As for "your house" if it is really *your house* and not your sister's then you can simply ask them both to leave, esp since she is now married and her husband is responsible to maintain her.

Ws

Abdul Qadir
11-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Salams,

Br Abdul Kadir, it is entirely up to you if you do not wish to follow my naseeha or the evidence in the links I posted, but there is no need for inflamatory language.

In any case I have spent time writing this for the sake of Allah and do not need your 'approval' it is up to you if you do not even wish to know or investigate the evidence I posted nor understand the arabic terminology for 'polytheists'.

As for "your house" if it is really *your house* and not your sister's then you can simply ask them both to leave, esp since she is now married and her husband is responsible to maintain her.

Ws
Sister Sameera,

Im sorry if i hurt you, i must admit i used strong words. please forgive me...I am not disapproving or anything like that. Yes, im happy to see you have tried to help me for Allah's sake...May Allah reward you for this..Jazakullahu khair...I will start paying for the house soon insyallah and will ask them to leave...Im just a frustrated man atm...:embarrass

Rabi'ya
11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
:sl:

bro, amshAllah I admire you for your patience.

May Allah bless you for this and reward you highly in this life and the next.

I can't really give you any practical advice as you already seem to have thigns in hand. I can only agree that you paying for the house and getting them out is the best way forward. I just pray that things will go smoothly for you and that Allah makes it easy for you.

Abdul Qadir
11-19-2009, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

bro, amshAllah I admire you for your patience.

May Allah bless you for this and reward you highly in this life and the next.

I can't really give you any practical advice as you already seem to have thigns in hand. I can only agree that you paying for the house and getting them out is the best way forward. I just pray that things will go smoothly for you and that Allah makes it easy for you.
Thanks sister, you are a gem...May Allah make us acquire the Whole Quran by heart and abide to it...Ameen..=)

Muslim Woman
11-19-2009, 03:41 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic

Pray at home, and pray openly..

It's recommended that men should offer Fard salat in Jammat at the mosque . Reward is 27 times more than offering Fard salat for them at home. Yes , Sunnat and nafal can be offered at home.

To the OP bro , I think , the one good thing came out from the horrible situation is - now u go to the mosque 5 times a day - that's really wonderful :)

Have patience , encourage ur parents to depend on Allah and not to tolerate the illegal relationship of ur sister . As already stated , he is not her legal husband . So , tell ur sis she can stay with u all but not that man. It's not because a non-Muslim can't stay with Muslims but because the marriage is not valid . Without having a relationship , he is allowed to stay as a paying guest but he must dress and act modestly.

May Allah help you all , Ameen.

Abdul Qadir
11-19-2009, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

It's recommended that men should offer Fard salat in Jammat at the mosque . Reward is 27 times more than offering Fard salat for them at home. Yes , Sunnat and nafal can be offered at home.

To the OP bro , I think , the one good thing came out from the horrible situation is - now u go to the mosque 5 times a day - that's really wonderful :)

Have patience , encourage ur parents to depend on Allah and not to tolerate the illegal relationship of ur sister . As already stated , he is not her legal husband . So , tell ur sis she can stay with u all but not that man. It's not because a non-Muslim can't stay with Muslims but because the marriage is not valid . Without having a relationship , he is allowed to stay as a paying guest but he must dress and act modestly.

May Allah help you all , Ameen.
Yes sis, I dun mind him coming to my house as a guest...but the reason i hate him is because of his inteference with my deen...I see this as a defeat...i pray to allah for victory and strength...such a musibah...

Hamza Asadullah
11-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Deleted Post
What are you saying? You have just gone against the consensus of scholars once again but this time you have gone against the consensus of ALL scholars of Islam!

No scholar has disputed the fact that a Muslim women CANNOT marry a non Muslim man. Allah Almighty says, “And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al Mushrikun (atheists) till they believe (in Allah Alone)” (Al-Baqarah: 221)
And “And never will Allah grant to the disbelievers a way (to triumph) over the believers” (An-Nisaa’: 141)

How can you make what is haraam as halaal? What you have done is a grave error which has taken you out of the fold of Islam!

Do you know the website which you have quoted? Al Mawrid Institute is run by Javed Ahmed Ghamdi who is the head of Al Mawrid Institute Lahore, Renaissance, Understanding Islam, Islamic Issues etc.

This guy and his affiliates are deviants to the extreme of rejecting the Nasoos of the Quran let alone the Hadith. He is a follower of Ghulam Ahmed Parvez who is a well known hadith rejector.

Javed Ahmad Ghamidi, together with his disciples Khalid Zaheer, Moiz Amjad and others is spreading ULTRA-MODERNIST & DANGEROUS ideas in Pakistan through Geo TV and AAJ Tv etc.

His disciple Khalid Zaheer depicts Ghulam Ahmed Ghamidi's Philosphy of Criticizing everything except Quran.

These people just reject Hadith for the sake of it without any reference. Khalid Zaheer categorizes a Saheeh Hadeeth as daeef (weak) and says that its Sanad (chain of narration) is not valid! He has no concept of what Sanad Means and Ilm ur Rijal (to distinguish authentic from unauthentic hadith)

They have also set up various 'institutes' to impart religious education to the masses.

Amongst the dangerous ideas that they believe in and promote are the following:

1. Questioning the validity and authenticity of hadiths, in imitation of goldziher and schacht & other orientalists.

2. Denying in the descent of Sayyidna 'Isa bin Maryam (alayhis salaam).

3. Denying the trial of the Dajjal.

4. Not believing in the following of the 4 Sunni schools of fiqh.

5. Denying the concept of hijab in Islam.

6. Music and Dancing of all sorts is permissible

Apart from this these gentlemen also hold the view that there is no concept of wirtr prayers in Islam.

These people get their support from three four places:

1. The Civil Bureacracy in Pakistan fully supports Ghamidi
2. Ghamidi is on the advisory panel of Qadiyanis led by IA Rehman, Asma Jahangir
3. Military Support from the existing president, Ghamidi is an advisor to President of Pakistan on Islamic Issues
4. The secular, apostate business class. ( I suggest that people take a look at the team members of the Al Mawrid Institute, this who live in Pakistan will know how much Islamic are the Team Members of Al Mawrid

He makes regular apprearances on GEO TV in Pakistan. Ghamidi has special interest in the Qadinyanis who are Kaafirs who claim that Ghulam Mirza Qaadiyani was a Prophet After Muhammed (Pbuh) and much of whose ideology is reflected in his articles.

Urdu Works of Javed Ahmed Ghamidi

1- Al Bayan
2. Al Mizan
3. Burhan (Criticism on Imams, Ijtihad, Ulema and Ahadith)
4. Ikhlaqiat etc.

Which are all complete mockerys of Islam.

At present he is being fully supported by the Qadiyani Lobby against the Hudood Ordinance. The next target given to GEO and Ghamidi is surely to fight against the 295-C Blasphemy Law, to accomodate Qadiyanis.

Ghamdi does not claim to refute the status of Hadith directly yet he takes it a stage further ahead and categorizes hadith as something from which Ahkaam (Rulings) cannot be drawn and only Quran is the orignal source.

He goes on to say that some Ahadith have been misinterpreted by ALL (yes ALL) the Imams, Mufasirs, Muhaditheen, Fuqah, Ulemas of 1500 years.

Ghamidi and his disciples also use the word Quran and Sunnah and separate Hadith from Sunnah.

Ghamadi enjoys special company with the enemies of Islam Robert Spencer and Daniel Pipes.

And Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz and his adherents (Parvezi's) - the Ulema(scholars) have declared them as Kafirs(disbelievers), on the basis of being rejectors of hadith.

My sister first you quote from a website which claims that Rasulallah (Pbuh) can hear us where ever we are and now you are quoting from the biggest shaythans in Pakistan claiming that Muslim women are allowed to marry non Muslim men which again has gone against the teachings of the Qur'an and sunnah and you are quoting from people who reject hadith altogether.

The consensus of the scholars have deemed these people kaafir and apostates for they reject hadith and they have made their own translation of the Qur'an which contradicts that of the sahaba, salaf us saaliheen, and all the mufasireen and greatest scholars of 1500 years.

Their aim is to create a modernist Islam and rid Islam of hadith and most fundamental aspects of Islam.

My sister I urge you to get yourself into Islamic sisters classes and learning about Islam,fiqh,tafsir,seerah etc properly from those who know and from learned and reliable teachers and not let yourself be misled by learning by yourself or off the internet and trying to gain knowledge from these big deviants who have been deemed kaafir for their beliefs which are against Islam.

Without the right knowledge we are all vulnerable to being misled and misguided!

May Allah Save Us All From Their evil and Fitna

Wassalam.

Abdul Qadir
11-19-2009, 11:54 PM
What are you saying? You have just gone against the consensus of scholars once again but this time you have gone against the consensus of ALL scholars of Islam!

No scholar has disputed the fact that a Muslim women CANNOT marry a non Muslim man. Allah Almighty says, “And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al Mushrikun (atheists) till they believe (in Allah Alone)” (Al-Baqarah: 221)
And “And never will Allah grant to the disbelievers a way (to triumph) over the believers” (An-Nisaa’: 141)

How can you make what is haraam as halaal? What you have done is a grave error which has taken you out of the fold of Islam!

Do you know the website which you have quoted? Al Mawrid Institute is run by Javed Ahmed Ghamdi who is the head of Al Mawrid Institute Lahore, Renaissance, Understanding Islam, Islamic Issues etc.

This guy and his affiliates are deviants to the extreme of rejecting the Nasoos of the Quran let alone the Hadith. He is a follower of Ghulam Ahmed Parvez who is a well known hadith rejector.

Javed Ahmad Ghamidi, together with his disciples Khalid Zaheer, Moiz Amjad and others is spreading ULTRA-MODERNIST & DANGEROUS ideas in Pakistan through Geo TV and AAJ Tv etc.

His disciple Khalid Zaheer depicts Ghulam Ahmed Ghamidi's Philosphy of Criticizing everything except Quran.

These people just reject Hadith for the sake of it without any reference. Khalid Zaheer categorizes a Saheeh Hadeeth as daeef (weak) and says that its Sanad (chain of narration) is not valid! He has no concept of what Sanad Means and Ilm ur Rijal (to distinguish authentic from unauthentic hadith)

They have also set up various 'institutes' to impart religious education to the masses.

Amongst the dangerous ideas that they believe in and promote are the following:

1. Questioning the validity and authenticity of hadiths, in imitation of goldziher and schacht & other orientalists.

2. Denying in the descent of Sayyidna 'Isa bin Maryam (alayhis salaam).

3. Denying the trial of the Dajjal.

4. Not believing in the following of the 4 Sunni schools of fiqh.

5. Denying the concept of hijab in Islam.

6. Music and Dancing of all sorts is permissible

Apart from this these gentlemen also hold the view that there is no concept of wirtr prayers in Islam.

These people get their support from three four places:

1. The Civil Bureacracy in Pakistan fully supports Ghamidi
2. Ghamidi is on the advisory panel of Qadiyanis led by IA Rehman, Asma Jahangir
3. Military Support from the existing president, Ghamidi is an advisor to President of Pakistan on Islamic Issues
4. The secular, apostate business class. ( I suggest that people take a look at the team members of the Al Mawrid Institute, this who live in Pakistan will know how much Islamic are the Team Members of Al Mawrid

He makes regular apprearances on GEO TV in Pakistan. Ghamidi has special interest in the Qadinyanis who are Kaafirs who claim that Ghulam Mirza Qaadiyani was a Prophet After Muhammed (Pbuh) and much of whose ideology is reflected in his articles.

Urdu Works of Javed Ahmed Ghamidi

1- Al Bayan
2. Al Mizan
3. Burhan (Criticism on Imams, Ijtihad, Ulema and Ahadith)
4. Ikhlaqiat etc.

Which are all complete mockerys of Islam.

At present he is being fully supported by the Qadiyani Lobby against the Hudood Ordinance. The next target given to GEO and Ghamidi is surely to fight against the 295-C Blasphemy Law, to accomodate Qadiyanis.

Ghamdi does not claim to refute the status of Hadith directly yet he takes it a stage further ahead and categorizes hadith as something from which Ahkaam (Rulings) cannot be drawn and only Quran is the orignal source.

He goes on to say that some Ahadith have been misinterpreted by ALL (yes ALL) the Imams, Mufasirs, Muhaditheen, Fuqah, Ulemas of 1500 years.

Ghamidi and his disciples also use the word Quran and Sunnah and separate Hadith from Sunnah.

Ghamadi enjoys special company with the enemies of Islam Robert Spencer and Daniel Pipes.

And Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz and his adherents (Parvezi's) - the Ulema(scholars) have declared them as Kafirs(disbelievers), on the basis of being rejectors of hadith.

My sister first you quote from a website which claims that Rasulallah (Pbuh) can hear us where ever we are and now you are quoting from the biggest shaythans in Pakistan claiming that Muslim women are allowed to marry non Muslim men which again has gone against the teachings of the Qur'an and sunnah and you are quoting from people who reject hadith altogether.

The consensus of the scholars have deemed these people kaafir and apostates for they reject hadith and they have made their own translation of the Qur'an which contradicts that of the sahaba, salaf us saaliheen, and all the mufasireen and greatest scholars of 1500 years.

Their aim is to create a modernist Islam and rid Islam of hadith and most fundamental aspects of Islam.

My sister I urge you to get yourself into Islamic sisters classes and learning about Islam,fiqh,tafsir,seerah etc properly from those who know and from learned and reliable teachers and not let yourself be misled by learning by yourself or off the internet and trying to gain knowledge from these big deviants who have been deemed kaafir for their beliefs which are against Islam.

Without the right knowledge we are all vulnerable to being misled and misguided!

May Allah Save Us All From Their evil and Fitna

Wassalam.
Thanks brother Hamza...I hope sister sameera is more clear now as to y i couldn't agree with her...=)..Jazakumullahu Khair...

Sameera
11-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Re; Ghamdi does not claim to refute the status of Hadith directly yet he takes it a stage further ahead and categorizes hadith as something from which Ahkaam (Rulings) cannot be drawn and only Quran is the orignal source.

Brother no one is perfect. They do quote the hadiths, obviously we know the hadiths are not above the Quran. Halal and Haram, what is strictly prohibited are only from the source Quran and not just hadith. Although the hadiths give us insight, they are not in comparison to the Quran, as only the Quran is Allah's word, Insha Allah read the links I have given you carefully when you get the time.

Ws

kidcanman
11-20-2009, 03:13 PM
may allah bless you abdul.

but with all due respect i find your behavior inappropiate in light of quranic teachings and the example of the prophet.

one of the biggest problems with many religious people (and i consider myself to be one)
is that they feel like if somebody is commiting a sin then they must either change the person's behavior (by force if need be) or DISSOCIATE themselves from that person

the prophet was not as harsh as we are in his treatment of sinful people. even kufar. especially family. i never read that he gave people altimatums to either stop sinning or get out of his house or his life. rather he admonished kindly and turned to allah with patience. and some prophets lived with sinful people for many years and did not treat them unkindly.

futhermore it pained the prophet to have to carry out religious obligations when the re**** was hurting somebody; kufar or not.

you have to love your sister and be kind to her and cordial to her husband no matter what!!!
that is sunnah and if you dont follow it then shame on you.

and also if you dont like what is going on then how about you leave. and if you do then you are still obligated to treat your sister and her husband with kindness.

Muslim Woman
11-20-2009, 03:39 PM

Salams,

Moderators deleted a post of mine

It's very common here ; moderators are deleting our posts 24/7 :hmm:

sis , I did not visit ur link. Can u tell me if Prophet pbuh ever allowed
any Muslimah to marry any Jew or Christian man ?

Hamza Asadullah
11-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Re; Ghamdi does not claim to refute the status of Hadith directly yet he takes it a stage further ahead and categorizes hadith as something from which Ahkaam (Rulings) cannot be drawn and only Quran is the orignal source.

Brother no one is perfect. They do quote the hadiths, obviously we know the hadiths are not above the Quran. Halal and Haram, what is strictly prohibited are only from the source Quran and not just hadith. Although the hadiths give us insight, they are not in comparison to the Quran, as only the Quran is Allah's word, Insha Allah read the links I have given you carefully when you get the time.

Ws
You say no one is perfect yet you quote from a deviant who has been deemed a kaafir because he has gone against the very teachings of the Qur'an, sunnah , Rasulallah (Pbuh), all the sahaba, all the salaf us saaliheen and 1500 years of the greatest scholars and all scholars of Islam aswell as the teachings of the whole of Islam and you say he is not perfect?

I am very well aware of the teachings of this deviant who is trying to brain wash those who have little knowledge of Islam into his own false and evil ideology.

He has rejected and questioned the validity and authenticity of hadith without even knowing how they are authenticated in the first place. The authentication of hadith has been SO SO rigorous for 1500 years now by thousands upon thousands of scholars so who is he to question the validity of that which he has no knowledge of?

He rejects and denies the descent of Isa (alayhis salaam). He denies the trial of the Dajjal and rejects the following of the four imams and 4 schools of fiqh. He rejects the concept of hijaab and deems ALL music and dancing permissable and rejects witr prayers and countless other things.

Reading all of this do you conform to his beliefs and teachings?

Hamza Asadullah
11-20-2009, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

It's very common here ; moderators are deleting our posts 24/7 :hmm:

sis , I did not visit ur link. Can u tell me if Prophet pbuh ever allowed
any Muslimah to marry any Jew or Christian man ?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, i myself requested that the moderators delete her misleading post which quoted the website of the deviant "Javed Ahmed Ghamidi" who has gone against the very teachings of Islam and if you read my post carefully you will see why.

My sister the Qur'an and Rasulallah (Pbuh) have explicitly forbidden the marriage of a Muslim women to a non Muslim man. There is ONLY proof against this not for it. The group she referred to are the biggest kaafirs in Pakistan and enemies of Islam. Once you have looked into them propperly you will realise why.

cat eyes
11-21-2009, 12:55 AM
:sl: brother abdul i think you mentioned that he dose not dress modest in front of your mum? you need to address that and tell him to put clothes on i hope you don't have other sisters. have you thought about moving out then maybe you could visit on occassions and give him and your sis some type of dawah and wow brother hamza mashaAllah for spotting the sisters corrupted posts i hope inshaAllah people did not take note of the information she gave though i did not see her post that was deleted. its good it was deleted!! may Allah reward you because nobody might not have noticed. :heated:

Abdul Qadir
11-22-2009, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl: brother abdul i think you mentioned that he dose not dress modest in front of your mum? you need to address that and tell him to put clothes on i hope you don't have other sisters. have you thought about moving out then maybe you could visit on occassions and give him and your sis some type of dawah and wow brother hamza mashaAllah for spotting the sisters corrupted posts i hope inshaAllah people did not take note of the information she gave though i did not see her post that was deleted. its good it was deleted!! may Allah reward you because nobody might not have noticed. :heated:
Sister Cats eye, i have shouted at him and made a fuss but have not really sat down and talked. i dun talk to him nowdays and the only reason i talk to my sis is because of Allah..He will question me if i cut off kinship of any sort. but she is worst than him...she will leave the room door open purposely...my blood will just boil...once i take over the house im gonna tell them nicely to leave...if they persist in staying, i will just tell them that i will not tolerate them any more...Jazakullahu Khair...

OurIslamic
11-22-2009, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
"Do not talk to your sister about coming back to Islam, she hasn't listened to your parents, and most likely will not listen to you."

Brother ourislamic, this doesn't make sense...then won't Allah question me about my sister?
What I meant was, to not preach to her. If you do, she will simply shut down her mind. Try to understand why she left Islam in the first place. By doing so, you will find out what turns her away from Islam, and can change that.

Abdul Qadir
11-22-2009, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
What I meant was, to not preach to her. If you do, she will simply shut down her mind. Try to understand why she left Islam in the first place. By doing so, you will find out what turns her away from Islam, and can change that.
well she was alone without her parents all the while...my parents were in india and she claims she was abused. then, my parents realised about her affair and they came back...to advice her and her boyfriend...but she refused to listen..then, we din attend her wedding..and she says she hates us because of that....and hates islam..my family isn't the best islamic example i know...

cat eyes
11-22-2009, 09:39 PM
well she was alone without her parents all the while...my parents were in india and she claims she was abused. then, my parents realised about her affair and they came back...to advice her and her boyfriend...but she refused to listen..then, we din attend her wedding..and she says she hates us because of that....and hates islam..my family isn't the best islamic example i know...
:sl: Claimed to be abused by who bro? was she practicing the deen before all this happened? awww poor girl what she needs is support. what you need to do is sit down with her and tell her you will always be there for her and tell her that you love her dearly! lovers come and go but family will always remain. you need to let her know this bro. i really feel for you also as i know its not easy because of the fact i am a revert i cannot stay with my own family longer then a week. my brothers drink alcohol in the home and bring there mates over, music is blaring, fighting arguing sometimes so i completely understand your situation.

Abdul Qadir
11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl: Claimed to be abused by who bro? was she practicing the deen before all this happened? awww poor girl what she needs is support. what you need to do is sit down with her and tell her you will always be there for her and tell her that you love her dearly! lovers come and go but family will always remain. you need to let her know this bro. i really feel for you also as i know its not easy because of the fact i am a revert i cannot stay with my own family longer then a week. my brothers drink alcohol in the home and bring there mates over, music is blaring, fighting arguing sometimes so i completely understand your situation.
Nice to hear from someone who is experiencing a slice of my life..Thanks sis...im trying to be as diplomatic as i can...

Hamza Asadullah
11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Nice to hear from someone who is experiencing a slice of my life..Thanks sis...im trying to be as diplomatic as i can...
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Brother have you recieved any scholarly advice about this issue? I really think you should get a scholarly perspective on this.

I will paste some similar questions that were asked to the problem your experiencing right now but i would still ask you to go to a reliable scholar and speak to him about this very sensative issue:

Question:

What should a Muslim father living in a Western country do, when his daughter marries a non-Muslim man against his will?

Answer

Dear questioner! Thank you for your question and the confidence you place in our service, and we pray to Allah to enable us render this service purely for His Sake.

The problem of Muslim women going with non-Muslim men in the West and marrying them is really a serious problem that needs cautious handling. Unwise handling will only further complicate the matter. In fact, in the West, as anywhere else, from the very beginning, parents should pay due care to raising their children as Muslims, instructing them in the teachings of Islam, and bringing them up in an Islamic environment. This will help them avoid such things, for they will understand that a Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim man. It is important here to remember that prevention is better than cure. However, when a father is faced with his daughter coming with a non-Muslim man and saying “Hey, dad! This is my husband!' he has to be very cautious and never lose his temper.

The prominent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Hulail, Imam of Tariq ibn Ziad Mosque in Frankfort, Germany, tries to offer us some advice in this regard:

"In fact, the point raised in the question is one of the serious problems that many Muslim fathers do face in the Western countries. This problem should be tackled seriously from all sides. One of the main reasons behind this problem is the parents neglecting to bring up their children to be true Muslims.

It is against Islamic law for a Muslim woman marry a non-Muslim man. However, some Muslim women, unfortunately, do breach this Islamic principle and marry non-Muslim men.

If a Muslim father faces a problem of such kind with his daughter, he should not resort to violence with her. The European law would guarantee her and her husband protection and might even prevent the father from seeing his daughter for a long time. Prudence is the most appropriate way to follow in treating this problem; the father is to wisely try to convince his daughter of the wrongness of her action in the Islamic point of view and show her his concern for her sake in that regard.

Then, he is to try to take some further steps to solve such a problem. For example, he can attempt to convince his daughter's husband to accept Islam. Allah Almighty might will that the husband embrace Islam, in which case, the marriage would be lawful under the Islamic law. The father then would be pleased, first, for attracting a new person to Islam, and second, for guaranteeing that his daughter would lead a life according to the Islamic Law.

If the husband does not accept Islam, the father should not severe the relationship with his daughter on the pretext that the marriage is against Islamic Law. He should remain on good terms with her and keep exerting his utmost so as to persuade her to return to the right path of Islam. If he is already sincere in his attempts to do so, Almighty Allah will help him and may guide the man his daughter married to the right path."

Focusing more on this issue, the prominent Muslim scholar Dr. Jamal Badawi, professor at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and member of the Fiqh Council of North America, also states:

"The first thing a father is to do in that regard is to make it clear that he and his wife do not agree with the marriage, as this is something that is decisive and clear in Shar`iah. A Muslim woman should marry only a Muslim man.

Second, the father should not sever all relationship with his daughter because, given the setting in the Western world, it might even increase her intransigence, and a girl or woman who marries a non-Muslim obviously seems to have some problem with her understanding of and commitment to Islam. So, by severing all relationship, actually, it might push her towards intransigence. As a father—God forbid it that happens—of course, I could not justify to myself being a part of the wedding, for example. That might be hard on the parents, but they should do so [i.e., refuse to attend], for attending the wedding may appear as sanction and acceptance of the marriage. Rather, the parents are to make it clear that marriage is not acceptable and that it this is something that would hurt them. But, meanwhile, they are to indicate that their love for and relationship with their daughter is something that will continue, that the father's home would be open for her, and that should anything happen in the future to her, he would be there to help. In other words, the parents should have a balanced and careful relationship with their daughter. They should express their disapproval and displeasure, but they should also continue the relationship and the show of concern and love, because that may, it is hoped, soften her heart. She may by herself realize what she did and become more committed and want to have some changes in her life.

It is quite possible she married the person because she has had a strong emotional attraction to him, but she may then realize that things do not work as she had expected and the marriage may break down. In which case, there should be always a welcoming home for her to come back to. But more importantly, of course, is what led to that situation. It may be, in part, a lack of understanding why Islam does not allow a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man, while it allows Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women, and whether this is depriving a woman of any privilege.

One has to understand that there are specific reasons why it is permitted for Muslim men, but not Muslim women, to marry non-Muslims [but only Christians or Jews]. By the way, this is not recommended; it has been allowed by way of exception. This is not discrimination; there are good reasons for it. The Muslim woman should, after all, have the right to practice her faith and to raise her children without pressure from a husband who does not believe in her religion. A non-Muslim husband does not believe in Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), does not believe in the Qur'an, does not believe even in Islam as a legitimate religion.

On the other hand, when a Muslim man marries a woman of the Book, he guarantees her freedom to practice her religion, for he principally believes in the Heavenly Book she believes in, that is, in its original form. His religion teaches him that he is obligated not to oppress her. So, she can practice her religion freely, in the whole, not just in individual cases.

Furthermore, there is a very good reason why this permission was given to men from the early days of Islam. The early Muslims were the ones who carried the message of Islam to many places in the world and even resided there for good. If they had not been allowed to marry People of the Book, it would have been very difficult to them to maintain their chastity. And as a result of marrying from these countries, their wives, actually, accepted Islam and their children were raised as Muslims, and that was how Islam spread in the world.

So there were specific situations why that exception did serve the purpose for men. In the case of women, they need to have full protection in respect of their religious rights, and that can only be guaranteed by marrying not only a Muslim, but a good Allah-fearing Muslim who would not mistreat them or interfere in their religious practice."

Here, we'd like also to cite the words of Sheikh Ounis Guergah, Head of the Fatwa House, Paris, France:

"The Muslim father should not agree to that kind of marriage. He should try to persuade his daughter not to marry a non-Muslim man, for it is unlawful for the Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man. Such a relationship between the Muslim woman and the non-Muslim man is regarded in Islam as a kind of fornication. However, the parents should remain on good terms with their daughter, so that she may not turn away from Islam altogether. The parents also should be wise in dealing with their daughter's partner, so that he may one day accept Islam. If he embraced Islam, the contract of marriage would be rewritten, then, to be lawful in Islam."

Read also:

Question

Dear scholars, As-Salamu `alaykum. I would like to know how should a Muslim father act if his daughter (also Muslim) gets married to a non-Muslim man? Jazakum Allah khayran.

Answer

Dear questioner, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

It goes without saying that it is not permissible for a Muslim woman to get married to a non-Muslim and doing so is a grave sin. Deeming this marriage as lawful by the woman is so serious that it can put her outside the pale of Islam. Rather, if she does so out of her ignorance of the ruling or without deeming it permissible, then still she is committing a very grave sin.

As Muslims we are commanded to forbid what is evil, enjoin what is good, and call to the path of Allah through wisdom and good admonition. Therefore, it is the duty of the Muslim father to exhaust all endeavors to communicate with his daughter so that she may respond to the sincere advice and stop the sin she is committing. In his endeavors, the father should not feel desperate as leaving her alone will mean that she will continue committing the sin and be far away from an Islamic environment.

In the meantime, the father should absolutely refuse what his daughter has done and show sheer condemnation to it. If he sees that boycotting his daughter will influence her and cause her to reconsider her mistake, then he can do so. All in all, it is not permissible to maintain relations with her without showing any disapproval of her action.

Highlighting the role of parents and their responsibility for such sorry state, the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Hanooti, member of the North American Fiqh Council, states:

"We should go back to earlier steps before getting of the age of marriage. In many cases, we do not provide our kids with the immune steps to protect them against these catastrophes. We do not give them good faith, good knowledge of Islam and self-respect. We leave them to admire everything of the non-Muslim way of life.

A father cannot do anything when his daughter gets married to a non-Muslim, he only should try to approach his daughter and others with da`wah and bringing her back to Islam."

Another question:

Question

What is the status of a woman who prays five times daily, fast during Ramadan, pay Zakah but remains married to a non-Muslim man? Can she be called a Muslim? Does the Qur'an have any injunction on Muslim women marrying non-Muslims?

Answer

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for showing keenness on learning the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. We hope our efforts meet your expectations, yet we apologize for the late reply.

First of all, it’s important for a Muslim woman to know the essence of the ruling that she should not marry a non-Muslim; she should know that it’s a great honor for her to be bared from doing so. According to the Qur'an, the husband is the head of a household, and as such his wife should obey him. Almighty Allah does not want to put the Muslim woman in a position that a non-Muslim becomes her head in her own private life. Allah has spared her from being under the authority of a non-Muslim husband. Please read first the following fatwa for more details:

With regard to whether a woman who is already married to a non-Muslim man will be regarded as a Muslim or not, we would like to furnish you with the views of different scholars regarding the issue.

Sheikh Muhammad Iqbal Nadvi, Imam of Calgary Mosque, Canada, and Former Professor at King Saud Univ., Saudi Arabia, answers:

“Dear Brother, your question actually touches on the Islamic legal status of a Muslim woman married to a non-Muslim. First of all, I would like to explain two things before quoting the relevant verses regarding the main question:

1-Any effect in faith is decisive, and any practice of Islam will not benefit the person if he or she does not have sound belief.

2- The Qur’an and Sunnah are both the sources of Shari’ah, so we will follow the Sunnah the same way we follow the Qur’an. And the way to apply the text and to extract meanings from it is called Fiqh. So we need to seek the expert opinion of fiqh scholars for understanding the sure and exact meaning of the legal text.

Now let me quote for you two verses from the Qur’an concerning the Islamic ruling of a Muslim woman marrying a non-Muslim man. The first verse is mentioned in Surat Al-Baqarah, verse 221, where Allah, the Almighty, says:

“And do not give (believing women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe, and certainly a believing servant is better than an idolater, even though he should please you.”

The second verse is no. 10 in Surat Al-Mumtahinah, where Allah, the Almighty, says:

In the light of the foregoing verses and according to the practice of Muslims, it is absolutely Haram (forbidden) for a Muslim woman to get married to a non-Muslim man. This is one of the basics of Islam, and any woman is not supposed to violate the ruling whatever the case maybe.

Now, we have some relevant cases: If a Muslim woman is married to a non-Muslim man believing that this is Halal (permissible) while being aware of the clear-cut proofs prohibiting this, then she has committed an act of disbelief by denying a ruling which has been established by Ijma’ (consensus of scholars).

Another case is that of a non-Muslim woman who has embraced Islam while her husband is still non-Muslim. In this case, it is not wise, as Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi and a number of prominent scholars have stated, to tell the lady to leave her husband the moment she embraces Islam especially if she has kids and her husband can be convinced to convert to Islam. So, in this case, I would say that the lady should work on her husband and try to give him time to consider Islam in an attempt to embrace Islam and resume their matrimonial life. If her husband accepts Islam, then marriage is to be resumed; otherwise she has to leave him. If she stays with him then she will be committing a huge sin which might result also to the stage of Riddah (apostasy) if she gets to know the ruling and still prefers to stay with her husband.

A Muslim lady must not take this ruling lightly for its violation might cause her to lose not only her acts of worships but her faith (Iman) too, if she insists on violating the Islamic ruling regarding this.”

Sheikh Hamed Al-Ali, instructor of Islamic Heritage at the Faculty of Education, Kuwait and Imam of Dahiat As-Sabahiyya Mosque, confirms:

"If a Muslim woman gets married to a non-Muslim, she will be committing a huge sin and will even be regarded as an adulteress. If she considers it Halal for her to stay in this marriage, denies the prohibition established by the Shari`ah in explicit and unequivocal words, and finds nothing wrong Islamically in keeping up this marriage, then she would be considered a Kafir (disbeliever) in this case."

The late prominent scholar Sheikh Mustafa Az-Zarqa, may Allah bless his soul, points out:

“As for the marriage of a Muslim woman to a non-Muslim man, there is no way to justify it. It has been categorically forbidden by the Qur’an: “And do not give (believing women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe.”

All Muslim jurists have unanimously agreed that this kind of marriage is forbidden.

However, I would like to take into consideration a public interest regarding some cases which result from this marriage. We should differentiate between a Muslim woman who marries someone from the People of the Book (Jews and Christians), not caring about the difference in religion between them, and a woman from the People of the Book who accepted Islam while her husband is still non-Muslim, and she has kids from him. In the latter case, the woman is not allowed to live with her non-Muslim husband unless he becomes a Muslim; however it is possible that the dissolution of marriage does not take place right away upon the husband’s refusal to embrace Islam.

It is reported that the Prophet’s daughter Zainab was married, before Islam, to a polytheistic man called Abul `As Ibn Ar-Rubayy`. The latter participated with the disbelievers in the Battle of Badr and he was taken captive by Muslims. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, released him on the condition that he would send Zainab free. Abul `As did what he promised the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, to do.

Then it happened that Abul `As went to Ash-Shaam (the Levant) with a caravan, and on his way back he was intercepted by the expedition of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. All the people in the caravan were arrested with the exception of Abu Abul `As, who ran away. When it was the night, Abul `As came to Zainab, may Allah be pleased with her, and sought her protection, and she did protect him. At the Fajr prayer, she, may Allah be pleased with her, went to the Masjid and announced that she had given refuge to Abul `As. Upon saying this, the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said to her: “Make his stay honorable, but don’t let him have intercourse with you for you are no longer lawful for him.”

It is said that Abul `As returned to Makkah to give back the trusts to their rightful owners; then he went back to Madinah, embraced Islam, and then returned to his wife Zainab. It is not reported that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, did make a new Nikah (marriage contract) for his daughter.

The lesson we learn from this incident is that a wife’s patience towards her non-Muslim husband might guide his heart to Islam. So, a Muslim wife should try to give her husband some time, and invite him to Islam. However, in all case, she is not allowed to have sexual intercourse with him.

Thus, we conclude that it is completely Haram for a Muslim woman to get married to a non-Muslim man, and a Muslim woman must not violate this prohibition that has been established by clear-cut proofs from the Qur’an and Sunnah. If a Muslim woman does go against this ruling out of weakness in her faith, then she will still be considered a sinful Muslim committing a great sin that would even reach the stage of Zina if she knows the ruling and still denies it. However, if she violates the ruling out of stubbornness, denying the ruling of Allah, and considering this act to be permissible, while being aware of the proofs and evidence speaking against this forbidden act, then she will be considered as a Kafir and outside the fold of Islam.

Abdul Qadir
11-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Brother have you recieved any scholarly advice about this issue? I really think you should get a scholarly perspective on this.

I will paste some similar questions that were asked to the problem your experiencing right now but i would still ask you to go to a reliable scholar and speak to him about this very sensative issue:

Question:

Answer

Read also:

Question

Answer

Another question:

Question

Answer

Brother Hamza,

You have helped me so much with ur researches and multiple posts about this issue, i dun know how i can thank you...May Allah Guide us and forgive us my brother...i will try to get to a scholar on this one brother..Thank you so much..Jazakullahu Khair...

Salam..=)..I feel so much better now as i had alot of doubts myself previously....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.