/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shall I land him Money???

obedient-muslim
11-03-2009, 10:47 PM
:sl::sl:

Dear brothers and sisters one of my work collegue(muslim) is asking me for landing him some money which he is going to use either to buy a house(in UK) or use it for a loan which is not Halal.

my qustion is what I should do now? Land him money or say No I cant.jazakallahu khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
11-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Say no you can't. It is not your responsibility if he uses the money for non-halal purposes (since he didn't say and you don't know for sure, otherwise if you do, you MUST deny him), but if you don't know what he's using it for and suspect he doesn't care about non-halal loan, then you don't know him that well. I don't think you should lend an amount so large to someone you don't know that well. He might either reneg on the debt and leave you in disappointment and frustration, or will be a burden on him to repay to you and be under pressure for a long time till he does. Debts need to manageable, and that seems too much money for someone you're not that close to and/or you don't know that well.

Personal opinion only of course.

aamirsaab
11-04-2009, 09:53 AM
:sl:
If he's buying a house and you do loan him any money, make sure you both sign a contract otherwise he has no legal or islamic obligation to pay you back nor any legal reason to use that money on purchasing of said house. And if he doesn't, you can't do jack (islamically or legally) as there is no contract.

Alternatively, you could give him the money as a gift (which is allowed Islamically).

If, however, you think this money will go to haram cause, then you are under no obligation to loan him any money at all (In such case, I'd recommend you don't loan him the money due to moral hazzard). Simple as.

zakirs
11-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Salam ,

If you know he is using for halal purposes and you are sure he can give it back to you .. lend him.

or else you can gently reject.Remember helping those in need is also a good cause :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tresbien
11-04-2009, 11:19 AM
before u lend him money, u should make sure he does not spend them on haram.moreover he give u a signed writing paper along with two witnesses , that he she takes from such an amount.All of u sisters should do it.Do not be attracted by nice words and appearance

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.