/* */

PDA

View Full Version : EU reform treaty passes last test

Supreme
11-03-2009, 10:59 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8340664.stm

The president of the Czech Republic, Vaclav Klaus, has signed the EU's Lisbon Treaty, the final step in the charter's ratification.

The treaty was drawn up to streamline decision-making in the EU, and is a watered-down version of a draft EU constitution rejected four years ago.

Among its measures, it creates a European Council president and alters the way member states vote.
I'm divided on this. Even though I think some sort of all rich, all powerful European super state is the only way our small countries will be able to survive in a world that will soon by dominated by China, India, America and Russia, I'm not all too pleased with the powers that soveriegn states may loose as a result of this treaty.

Thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM

The_Prince
11-04-2009, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8340664.stm

I'm divided on this. Even though I think some sort of all rich, all powerful European super state is the only way our small countries will be able to survive in a world that will soon by dominated by China, India, America and Russia, I'm not all too pleased with the powers that soveriegn states may loose as a result of this treaty.

Thoughts?
lol some all super rich powerful elite will not care about the little man, its a good way of getting rid of the little man, what happens when you have an elite powerful rich group of people? do they look after the little man? nop, they use their nice small unified group to take advantage of the little man and screw him more.

furthermore, the USA is firmly behind this EU thing, the whole EU idea came from top elite men from north america and europe! they wont stop with an EU, next they want a north american union, as well as an asian union uniting india china and other states, eventually having such groups all over the world, then have an international currency and one main international bank (which is already being discussed and in the works). essentially this is all a step by step process by elite politicians from ALL over the world to move into a one government system, heck the politicians are all over the place now publicly calling for a new world order, what sounded like a theory just a few years ago is fast becomming into a reality, this EU treaty is nothing new, if you did your studying you would know it was well on its way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.