/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Religion

Beardo
11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Islam will eventually be divided in 73 sects, and we believe in that.

My professor said something quite interesting the other day...

"A religion is what it's followers make it out to be."

Any comments on that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-05-2009, 08:19 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I think , not Islam but the Muslims .

"A religion is what it's followers make it out to be."

Any comments on that?
ummm...nuh , I don't agree. I liked this observation : Islam is the best religion :D with worst followers imsad :cry:

So , does not matter how Muslims are divided in to how many sects , Islam is the Truth :)

Asiyah3
11-05-2009, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:

I think , not Islam but the Muslims .

True, I agree.

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 08:14 PM
A true religion is not what it's followers make it to be. A true religion which the people follow their Lord's teachings. People distort religions to make them their own, when infact they aren't even religions at all. Simply put, once someone has distorted their religion, they are now believing in fiction of their own concoctions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
11-18-2009, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Muslim ummah (not Islam) will eventually be divided in 73 sects (or groups). But only one that will go to heaven.

And which the one that will go to heaven ?.
Actually, no one know the right answer. But unfortunately I found one group that claim they are the only group that will go to heaven. Even they say some Muslim organizations are included in other 72 groups. In another word, they say follower of those organizations will go to hell. :exhausted

"A religion is what it's follower make it out to be."
I think this is not religion but sect or group.

Uthman
11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
:salamext:

I completely disagree with the statement. Islam is Islam and Muslims are Muslims. They are distinct and they are separate.

To me, it is like saying that "the law is what the citizens make it out to be". Any logical person can see the absurdity of this statement. The law is the law, regardless of what the citizens do. The same applies to Islam and Muslims.

czgibson
11-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
:salamext:

I completely disagree with the statement. Islam is Islam and Muslims are Muslims. They are distinct and they are separate.
I agree with the statement, mainly because I believe that all religions are man-made.

To me, it is like saying that "the law is what the citizens make it out to be". Any logical person can see the absurdity of this statement. The law is the law, regardless of what the citizens do. The same applies to Islam and Muslims.
In a sense, the citizens do make the law, since they will only respect laws that they endorse. If a law is regularly broken, then it becomes unenforceable and meaningless. Plus, there are many examples of citizens successfully campaigning for changes in the law.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.