/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I hate politicians

GuestFellow
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
:sl:

Does anyone here get annoyed with politicians? I get the feeling they make matters worse. Sometimes I wish I could stuff all the politicians around the world into a room and let them finish each other off.

So do you hate Politicians at times? Do they really help society progress or do they simply create more problems? -_-;;

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supreme
11-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Politicians are essentially pointless most of the time. All they can really do is make speeches on how they'd like to improve things but for some reason can't, and occasionally they'll use our tax money to go to war or pay for their moats, but other than that, they don't do a great deal to be honest.

mustafaisb
11-04-2009, 08:51 PM
:sl: I know what you mean Guestfellow. IMHO governments and politicians when first formed truly care about their citizens, but inevitably they become corrupt. Most people who run for political positions are usually doing it for the power that comes from the position and don't really care about their constituents. :wa:

Karl
11-04-2009, 10:09 PM
I hate politicians, I would rather have a dictator or king, at least that would be less people to hate but with Democracy I end up hating most people 'cos they vote in these awful politicians. As they say there are a lot of sheep but only one shepherd. Politicians are masters of pulling the wool over the sheeples eyes.
Sometimes I get so sick of all the rot in the world I think it would be best to have a full global nuclear war and the survivers if any could start again. Everything is so stale and corrupt and over populated right now.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Elizabeth
11-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Politicians do not speak for the people and that is the true problem! Even if one runs with promises of sticking up for the working class and rallying for the people, they will eventually betray them. Politicians have been the same since the beginning.

Mysterious Uk
11-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I dont particularly hate politicians, i just don't trust them. They talk in riddles and you never know what their true agenda is. A lie detector test on all of them would be helpful. But maybe talking normally (without all that political jargon) would be better for people like me to figure out what the heck they are offering.

ardianto
11-05-2009, 02:41 AM
What's different between comedian and politician ?.
Comedian makes people smile, politician makes people laugh.

Brother, sister, if you come to Indonesian and watch what Indonesian politicians did, I am sure you will die causes by laugh too much. ;D

Beardo
11-05-2009, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Does anyone here get annoyed with politicians? I get the feeling they make matters worse. Sometimes I wish I could stuff all the politicians around the world into a room and let them finish each other off.

So do you hate Politicians at times? Do they really help society progress or do they simply create more problems? -_-;;
It's not all of the politicians, you know.

When a candidate for congress, presidency, governor, etc is running for his/her office, they naturally require campaign funds. In U.S. for example, the money you put in from your own pocket as a candidate is restricted to a certain limit. Funds must come from donors, organizations, and corporations.

Some candidates take corporate money. So what's the problem? They're donations, right? Donations with a CATCH. Please visit opensecrets.org. Some candidates take corporate funds with an underhand deal that they'll cut taxes on them etc.

Perhaps we may be angry at politicians, but we should not be angry with politics in general. We complain, yet we do nothing about it.

This semester I was unable to take many necessary subjects due to the education fund cuts in the U.S. I now hear a rumor that summer sessions will be closed, holding me back another semester. Gradually, it's causing, or actually, already has caused a detriment to many of us American students.

I don't like to go into politics too much, but I am taking Political Science this semester, so I thought I'd shed some light in the subject.

Also, not to forget... MEDIA. I'll make a reference to a book called "How to Read a Book". Too lazy to get the author's name. Anyway, the author mentions how the radio is such an amazing innovation. While engaging ourselves in other tasks, we are able to follow up on the news.

HOWEVER, most of the media is owned by... CORPORATIONS. Hint hint. Corporations make propaganda. Big whoop.

There are two types of media processing in our minds. Active and Passive. Passive is accepting anything and everything we hear. ACTIVE is when we take our own personally developed ideology and try to relate it with what we just heard. We form our OWN opinions based on our understanding, with the light of Qur'aan and Sunnah. Then, and only then, do we form an opinion with Bismillah.

But if we just pick up from the television, newspapers, magazines, and the radio passively, it'll definitely influence us. Most probably in the negative, as well.

Karl
11-05-2009, 10:36 PM
If you vote for politicians you are a supporter of their sins and that pagan Athenian system, so your going burn in Hell. All they do is lie and steal your money, you would probably get a better deal selling your soul to the Devil. Muslims and Christians don't believe in Democracy only the false ones do.

Mysterious Uk
11-05-2009, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
If you vote for politicians you are a supporter of their sins and that pagan Athenian system, so your going burn in Hell. All they do is lie and steal your money, you would probably get a better deal selling your soul to the Devil. Muslims and Christians don't believe in Democracy only the false ones do.
Don't be so quick to make such wild statements brother, only Allah knows and decides who will go to hell.

Elizabeth
11-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Hmmm well I do support democracy..:hmm:

Politicians may be sneaky, but I would rather put up with greedy politicians than an oppressive ruler!

Karl
11-05-2009, 10:45 PM
To Muslims Allah is Lord to Christians Jesus is Lord so why do some misguided Muslims and Christians vote for politicians who usurp Gods word and are ruling your life, is your religion a joke? Democracy is now an Athiest system not pagan, it fell in Greece and it dosn't work now either.

Karl
11-05-2009, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Uk
Don't be so quick to make such wild statements brother, only Allah knows and decides who will go to hell.
True sister I am trying to open peoples minds a bit and make them think. I'm just sick of all that "freedom and democracy, freedom fries, freedom burger" nonsence. Allah is the best of plotters maybe all this evil democracy and politicians driving us crazy are there for His purposes?

Insaanah
11-05-2009, 10:58 PM
with Democracy I end up hating most people 'cos they vote in these awful politicians.
I once came across the following quote:

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents,
more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and
glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's
desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright
moron."

Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Woodrow
11-05-2009, 11:02 PM
There are politicians and there are politicians and there are politicians. Each a seperate category of animal.

Politician-1 is the professional politician, the guy who is schooled only for the purpose of winning elections. That is what most of us are thinking when we think politician. (I won't state my views of them as I would have to ban myself if I did)

then there are other politicians but I have no idea what they are or how to separate them from the first group.

Karl
11-05-2009, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
I once came across the following quote:

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents,
more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and
glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's
desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright
moron."

Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Brilliant... and it has come to pass, Obamas in the house :p

ardianto
11-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Islam doesn't needs democracy, but democracy needs Islam.

I voted for my favorite Islamic party, PKS.

Muezzin
11-06-2009, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Isn't that the role of the UN?

GuestFellow
11-07-2009, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I don't even know anymore. :hmm:

OurIslamic
11-07-2009, 12:43 AM
...don't generalize. There are some politicians who truly believe in making the world a better place. DO NOT insult them by speaking like this, they're the people who are trying to make your life better.

OurIslamic
11-07-2009, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The UN is a silly security blanket, as was the League of Nations (it was replaced by the UN). In my opinion, more Muslims need to go into politics.

Karl
11-07-2009, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Islam doesn't needs democracy, but democracy needs Islam.

I voted for my favorite Islamic party, PKS.
Ok, but anyone who plays any part in the process of democracy are in actual fact aiding and abetting it, and by their very actions are acknowledging themselves to be state property. The only true way of Islam lies in the caliphate, NOT the pagan system of democracy. Democracy is all about MOB RULE and we all know that minorities rights are usually trampled by this dreadful system. And I am one living victimized example of it because my own civil rights have been trampled over by the kafir majority. Democracy is such a BAD and unjust system that even the Greeks themselves abandoned it thousands of years back! Not only is democracy iniquitous, but it is also the most cumbersome and costly of systems to maintain.

Certainly in countries which have their majority populations as Muslims, then there is simply no need for democracy because if they accept the sunna they will not feel any need in the first place to "vote" on things as they will be content in the ways of Islam itself and by the ruling of sharia law. The reason why some Muslim countries are now practicing the democratic farce is only because the West has arm twisted them into implementing that system. The West prefer democracy on foreign soil because it makes it the easiest for the Anglo-American empire to corrupt foreign politicians, most of whom are really just leaders of puppet governments funded by the West. These leaders' ostensible claim that they are representing the genuine interests of their own people is nothing but a thin veil disguising a huge corrupted sham. Why do you think the West are SO intensely obsessive in promoting democracy throughout the world? Add 2 + 2 here!

Indonesia used to have a sultanate and it was only in recent times that it switched over to a secular pluralist state. However, this was not instigated by Muslims, but was instead cleverly orchestrated by the West. Indonesia is really in dire need of an Islamic revolution to reinstate the sultanate.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch."

"Democracy is the government of the fools, for the fools and by the fools."

ardianto
11-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Ok, but anyone who plays any part in the process of democracy are in actual fact aiding and abetting it, and by their very actions are acknowledging themselves to be state property. The only true way of Islam lies in the caliphate, NOT the pagan system of democracy. Democracy is all about MOB RULE and we all know that minorities rights are usually trampled by this dreadful system. And I am one living victimized example of it because my own civil rights have been trampled over by the kafir majority. Democracy is such a BAD and unjust system that even the Greeks themselves abandoned it thousands of years back! Not only is democracy iniquitous, but it is also the most cumbersome and costly of systems to maintain.
I don't see anything wrong if citizens vote their leader. But I think different opinion between us causes by different place of living. Brother, you don't need to vote if you think vote for leader is against Islam.

Certainly in countries which have their majority populations as Muslims, then there is simply no need for democracy because if they accept the sunna they will not feel any need in the first place to "vote" on things as they will be content in the ways of Islam itself and by the ruling of sharia law. The reason why some Muslim countries are now practicing the democratic farce is only because the West has arm twisted them into implementing that system. The West prefer democracy on foreign soil because it makes it the easiest for the Anglo-American empire to corrupt foreign politicians, most of whom are really just leaders of puppet governments funded by the West. These leaders' ostensible claim that they are representing the genuine interests of their own people is nothing but a thin veil disguising a huge corrupted sham. Why do you think the West are SO intensely obsessive in promoting democracy throughout the world? Add 2 + 2 here!
Islam doesn't needs secular democracy, but Muslims need a right for vote their leader, vote their representatives.
Brother, I vote for an Islamic party because I cannot let secularists rule my country alone. During Soeharto era, before 'Real Islamic Parties' were established, I never voted because I disagreed with Soeharto's style democracy.

Indonesia used to have a sultanate and it was only in recent times that it switched over to a secular pluralist state. However, this was not instigated by Muslims, but was instead cleverly orchestrated by the West. Indonesia is really in dire need of an Islamic revolution to reinstate the sultanate.
Sultanate ?. There was no Indonesian sultanate.
Islamic revolution ?. Our program is Islamic reformation.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch."

"Democracy is the government of the fools, for the fools and by the fools."
That's why democracy needs Islam, for makes it better.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.