/* */

PDA

View Full Version : True Justice in Saudia, Pedophile gets hard punishment

The_Prince
11-04-2009, 11:32 PM
from the daily mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ie-desert.html

the pedo is going to be beheaded and publicly crucified for raping children including one 3 year old in the desert, the 3 year old was then left alone in the desert and died of thirst.

be sure to check out the comments, this is a popular right wing newspaper, and the comments are very interesting, the majority of the people support this punishment, and you can see the high thumbs up sign beside their comments which support this punishment! whats more interesting is many of the comments are saying when it comes to such things as this, then Sharia isnt so bad and they like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maryan0
11-05-2009, 04:56 AM
crucified? what?
crimes like this deserve harsh punishment but why would they crucify him?
salam

The_Prince
11-05-2009, 05:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
crucified? what?
salam
they will behead him, and then crucify his body in public :D

this is REAL JUSTICE people, not sending such freaks to jail where they get treated nicely, and sometimes even get freed early and then go do this again!

in america recently a rapist got freed after 15 years struck again raping and killing as many as 11 people, all of them rotting and decomposed in his backyard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with such ppl there is only one option, and its the sharia option! :hiding:

KAding
11-05-2009, 11:08 AM
I disapprove of the death penalty, so I cannot agree with this.

I also have my doubts about the wisdom of turning this into a public spectacle.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
11-05-2009, 11:22 AM
What an animal!!!!! How can he did such thing to a 3 years old kid!!

I wonder for those who think that the punishment was hard or barbaric what they will do if they were the parent of that 3 years old kid who was left in desert till he died!!

Interesting comments though, thanks for sharing

KAding
11-05-2009, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

I wonder for those who think that the punishment was hard or barbaric what they will do if they were the parent of that 3 years old kid who was left in desert till he died!!
I do not have a problem with harsh punishment or even the death penalty per se. What I do not trust is human judgment and legal systems, who simply do not always catch the right guy.

Especially in emotional cases like this the pressure to catch the perpetrator and convict who ever is suspected is very strong. The metaphorical angry mob can definitely as much undermine justice as they can serve it.

Uthman
11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
This is a horrible crime and he definitely deserves a very harsh punishment. However, beheading and crucifixion are not punishments prescribed by the Islamic Sharee'ah, are they?

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
What I do not trust is human judgment and legal systems
Same here. I only trust God's judgement and legal system. :)

Supreme
11-05-2009, 12:53 PM
For once, I can sympathize with the Saudi authorities for their decision.

cat eyes
11-05-2009, 01:19 PM
id prefer that they would torture him first then behead him:hmm: why give him a quick dead that little boy suffered for we don't know how long anyway at least they are going to kill him. at least there is some bit of justice left in this twisted world

S_87
11-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Alhumdulillah one paedo less

Caller الداعي
11-05-2009, 01:50 PM
lol dats da way

muslimah_81
11-05-2009, 02:15 PM
InshaAllah this mans punishment in the hereafter will be far more worse.

Uthman
11-05-2009, 02:24 PM
What can possibly motivate a person to do such a thing? He must have some kind of mental condition?

Sampharo
11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
The punishment is completely orthodox and correct in Shariah:
{ إنما جزاء الذين يحاربون الله ورسوله ويسعون في الأرض فسادا أن يقتلوا أو يصلبوا أو تقطع أيديهم وأرجلهم من خلاف أو ينفوا من الأرض }
"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter"[5:33]

Crucifixion is described as beheading the person and then holding the body on stilts to be deterring example of those who do hideous crimes above murder. Mischief through the land is creating fear and worry amongst the civility or community over their safety, money, or well-being.

As per Imam Ahmed he summed it up: "Whomever caused fear and worry on a public place without theft or killing, should be exiled. Whomever caused fear and worry and killed without theft or other transgression, should be killed as a murderer, whomever caused fear and worry and killed while robbing or causing other transgressions, should be beheaded and crucified." And God knows best.

It is indeed a just end to a disgusting criminal, may God reward the children families for their calamity and inspire them with patience and fortitude.

OurIslamic
11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
That pedophile just got owned. Hopefully he has repented for his sins.

Too bad they don't do that to pedos in other countries.

OurIslamic
11-05-2009, 04:29 PM
And I find it revolting for someone to do such things to ANYONE, let alone children.

Woodrow
11-05-2009, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lisa0
crucified? what?
salam
going back to at least Roman times if not earlier, crucifixion has been seen as the final statement that the person committed such horrible crimes that they did not deserve to be treated as humans, not even in death. Crucifixion is quite nasty not just painful. Very undignified when you stop and think the person is going to become incontinent and be quite dirty in public. It was considered to be a very nasty end for a very nasty person.

Uthman
11-05-2009, 05:13 PM
:salamext:
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
The punishment is completely orthodox and correct in Shariah
I stand corrected. JazaakAllah Khayr.

Alphadude
11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

Interesting comments though, thanks for sharing
i gree and i wish i had some power i would have given a punishment:raging: that no one ever gave to these kinda people the world would remember it and no one would dare to do such a thing again and why some people disagree with the punishment i dont get it ?

crayon
11-05-2009, 06:43 PM
I do not have a problem with harsh punishment or even the death penalty per se. What I do not trust is human judgment and legal systems, who simply do not always catch the right guy.
Since you're an atheist, that definitely makes sense. For us muslims (and theists in general), there's always the belief that due justice will be served, whether in this life or the next. So if by any chance someone innocent was punished/executed/etc., his pain and suffering would not be lost, gone for nothing- he will be rewarded in the next life. From an atheist's perspective, though, since you don't believe in the after life, you simply see it as someone being punished for something he didn't do, so its understandable that you would have your doubts about the taking of a potentially innocent life.

I'm curious though- if you knew without a doubt that the convicted person was guilty, of whatever the crime was- this one for example- would you still be against the death penalty?

cat eyes
11-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I disapprove of the death penalty, so I cannot agree with this.

I also have my doubts about the wisdom of turning this into a public spectacle.
you don't believe on the death penalty so you believe that the government should waste there money on building extra prison sells for these sicko's?? when they should invest that money in cancer hospitals think about it for a second. the amount of people who carry out crimes in the world you are talking billions.. evil people have to be exterminated from this planet it would not make sense at all to keep these people alive for them to possibly murder or rape again. for those people who think that a person like this can be cured why take that risk?? we have to protect our children

aadil77
11-05-2009, 07:53 PM
why are they beheading him first then crucifying him? :raging: it should be the other way round, he's only gonna feel pain for a milli second unlike the child who died in burning heat

The_Prince
11-05-2009, 08:30 PM
has anyone been reading the newspapers in england recently? its stunning, rape case after case, whats going on here? and most of the rapists were already in prison and then released! seems like the 'civilized' system aint working too well.

Joe98
11-05-2009, 09:34 PM
For this crime I am in favour of execution. I note that in Saudi, the punishment for this crime is execution.

The Saudis have good hospitals. The head could be removed in a surgical ward.

Removing the head with a sword is barbaric.

Placing the body on a cross in a public place is barbaric.

It is not nescessary for the Saudis to change their laws, I ask that they change the punishment.

-

aadil77
11-05-2009, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
has anyone been reading the newspapers in england recently? its stunning, rape case after case, whats going on here? and most of the rapists were already in prison and then released! seems like the 'civilized' system aint working too well.
yh the truth is coming out, we have pedo; doctors, preists, nursery workers, teachers.

capital punishment here would be alot more effective than in saudi, here theres less corruption with cops and you're much more likely to get caught: big population - small island.

The_Prince
11-05-2009, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
For this crime I am in favour of execution. I note that in Saudi, the punishment for this crime is execution.

It is not nescessary for the Saudis to change their laws, I ask that they change the punishment.

-
lol what?! surgically removing the head is better than cutting it off in one quick go? are you some freak! lol surgically removing a head, now THATS NASTY and could be used in horror films.

theres nothing wrong with using the sword or displaying this sickos body on a cross for the public to see.

aadil77
11-05-2009, 09:54 PM

-
Maybe they should use the old medievil guillotine, probably alot more civilised

that pic is actually a fitness machine, guess how it works

rpwelton
11-05-2009, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
going back to at least Roman times if not earlier, crucifixion has been seen as the final statement that the person committed such horrible crimes that they did not deserve to be treated as humans, not even in death. Crucifixion is quite nasty not just painful. Very undignified when you stop and think the person is going to become incontinent and be quite dirty in public. It was considered to be a very nasty end for a very nasty person.
But I believe this type of crucifixion is different than Roman times, correct? Here they are going to kill him and then hang him up in public, whereas in Roman times the person actually died on the cross. So the punishment itself will be swift, but he will still be a warning for those to see.

Joe98
11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
The punishment is completely orthodox and correct in Shariah:
{ إنما جزاء الذين يحاربون الله ورسوله ويسعون في الأرض فسادا أن يقتلوا أو يصلبوا أو تقطع أيديهم وأرجلهم من خلاف أو ينفوا من الأرض }
"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter"[5:33]
I thought it was jut the Saudis being Saudi. This is a very big claim to make about Islam.

Can you give list and or give links to Islamic rulings?

-

KAding
11-05-2009, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
you don't believe on the death penalty so you believe that the government should waste there money on building extra prison sells for these sicko's??
I would probably agree with you if I would be convinced that the government is actually capable of always catching the 'sickos'. But in reality mistakes can be made in any law enforcement operation or in the trial that follows, especially in emotional cases like this one.

This issue at hand for me is not whether I think these acts are not worthy of death. They probably are. The issue at hand is our own fallibility and emotions getting the better of us. Therefore, I do not approve of punishments that cannot be to an extend reversed. So that includes chopping of hands, poking out eyes or, indeed, cutting off heads.

So yes, I would be in favor of spending a bit more money to keep prisoners locked up, rather than killing them.

when they should invest that money in cancer hospitals think about it for a second. the amount of people who carry out crimes in the world you are talking billions.. evil people have to be exterminated from this planet it would not make sense at all to keep these people alive for them to possibly murder or rape again. for those people who think that a person like this can be cured why take that risk?? we have to protect our children
None of those arguments alleviate my fears of the government overextending itself and convicting the wrong people. "Protecting the children" is as possible by life in prison as it is by the death penalty.

Quite frankly, what people are demanding here seems to me to be first and foremost about revenge and providing a brutal outlet for their anger. Understandable, yes, but satisfying such 'bloodlust' is not my first concern.

GuestFellow
11-05-2009, 11:44 PM

-
I think it's because to use it as a form of deterrence. I've heard some people actually faint when they went to see these public executions...

KAding
11-06-2009, 12:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
To be honest, I'm not at all convinced punishment is all that important in the end. If you look at something like murder statistics, I don't really see much of a relation to the severity of the punishment. I don't see why rape would be any different. Rape in particular is a cultural phenomenon and defined dependent on that culture. IMHO rape being fairly common, but also very loosely defined, is very much a by-product of lax sexual mores in Western countries. If you are serious about combating it you need to change these underlying attitudes first and foremost.

Mind you, severe punishment might well make a dent, but that also comes at a price. Longer sentences means higher costs and ever more ex-inmates that are harder to integrate into society again, death penalties cannot be reversed when you make a mistake and I'm not at all convinced if more brutality in law enforcement actually benefits society. I believe we should be sending out the message that violence and revenge are not good traits within society. Brutal punishments undermine that message, which can have nasty side effects. I can imagine police brutality becoming more common, for example. After all, it serves the same purpose: teaching thugs a lesson. No?

I'm also not so sure about the morality of inflicting corporal punishment. There are pro's and con's I suppose. In a way corporal punishment might well be a better solution than prison, since prison usually has a negative effect on someones development making it harder to integrate them back into society. I also saw a documentary about Northern Nigeria not so long ago. It was explained most of those suspected of certain crimes actually preferred a Sharia court, since flogging was considered less severe of a punishment than going to prison. I'm a bit torn on corporal punishment. Such brutality just doesn't 'feel' right, but that is hardly a valid argument ;).

Maryan0
11-06-2009, 02:20 AM
:sl:
so now that he has recieved punishment in this life will he be absolved of his crime in the hereafter or will he be punished again?
salam

OurIslamic
11-06-2009, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Maybe they should use the old medievil guillotine, probably alot more civilised

that pic is actually a fitness machine, guess how it works
No one is trying to be civilized while giving the filth of the earth punishment. They're enforcing what is stated in the Shari'ah. Crucifixion is meant to be painful, however, a guillotine was designed to provide a quick and painless death.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Interesting... I like the death penalty or similar for such crimes as I strongly belive that it sends a powerful message which deters anyone who has the same intentions from committing the same crime. I don't think prisons sentences always work... U only have to look to look at the number of years- or should I say lack of- crimnals of this nature get. Not only is it a joke to the justice system but also quite painful for the family of the victim to see the perptrator getting away with a slap on the wrist.

On the side... Why is he getting beheaded AND crucified? I would have thought it would have been one way or the other:?

Ramadhan
11-06-2009, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
On the side... Why is he getting beheaded AND crucified? I would have thought it would have been one way or the other:?
Maybe to set (real) example for the society of what would happen to them if anyone is even thinking of doing the same crime.

mahi
11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Crucifiction here is not the Jesus sort, its sticking the body on a stick after its been beheaded.

I too, like some people here disagree with any sort of death penalty. It's simply inhumane. But at the same time, there is the point that giving these sort of punishments sends out a message and with that protects the little innocent kids rather than the these people.

I<3Bush
11-06-2009, 09:58 PM
What benefit is it to us or even the criminal for that matter if he just sits in prison for the rest of his life? For the people who don't agree with death sentences, wouldn't you consider life in prison to be a death sentence? Either way, they die in prison so its a lose/lose situation for them.

aadil77
11-07-2009, 09:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
No one is trying to be civilized while giving the filth of the earth punishment. They're enforcing what is stated in the Shari'ah. Crucifixion is meant to be painful, however, a guillotine was designed to provide a quick and painless death.
yh I know that bruv, I was being sarcastic

KAding
11-07-2009, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by I<3Bush
What benefit is it to us or even the criminal for that matter if he just sits in prison for the rest of his life? For the people who don't agree with death sentences, wouldn't you consider life in prison to be a death sentence? Either way, they die in prison so its a lose/lose situation for them.
Exactly my point actually. Life in prison is hardly a soft and mild sentence.

Yet, it has the benefit that you can can release someone when they (in retrospect) turn out to be innocent.

So why choose the death penalty over life in prison?

KAding
11-07-2009, 11:14 AM
I wonder about such punishments as beheading, crucifixion, lashing and stoning in Islam. Are those actually 'minimum sentences' prescribed by God? Whereby the judge needs to do it that way when someone is found guilty? Or are those maximum sentences, where the judge still has leeway for alternative punishment?

In the Dutch legal system, for example, we only have maximum sentences, not minimum ones. So the judge can never punish more severely than stated, but can always choose a sentence that is more lenient than what is stated in the law. In the US, on the other hand, there are also often minimum sentences for certain crimes.

I suppose that is also true for Shari'ah courts, right? Adulters need to be stoned when convicted?

KAding
11-07-2009, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
Interesting... I like the death penalty or similar for such crimes as I strongly belive that it sends a powerful message which deters anyone who has the same intentions from committing the same crime. I don't think prisons sentences always work... U only have to look to look at the number of years- or should I say lack of- crimnals of this nature get. Not only is it a joke to the justice system but also quite painful for the family of the victim to see the perptrator getting away with a slap on the wrist.
Nobody gets away with a 'slap of the wrist' when committing serious crimes like murder in the supposedly 'civilized' judicial systems though.

You might get away with fines or suspended prison sentences for some crimes. But then, it is not as if you Shari'ah courts behead people for not paying their parking tickets either.

Brasco
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Allahu Akbar!! This is what he deserves! Even a much more terrible punishment!!

GuestFellow
11-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I wonder about such punishments as beheading, crucifixion, lashing and stoning in Islam. Are those actually 'minimum sentences' prescribed by God? Whereby the judge needs to do it that way when someone is found guilty? Or are those maximum sentences, where the judge still has leeway for alternative punishment?
Maybe reading this article could give you a good introduction to Islam criminal law.

http://muslim-canada.org/Islam_myths.htm

I suppose that is also true for Shari'ah courts, right? Adulters need to be stoned when convicted?
Yes. If there is strong evidence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.