/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and curse

AnonymousPoster
11-05-2009, 01:46 PM
My sister inlaws mail after learning about my conversion

:heated:

-part of her mail below-
Kinda sad how easily influenced you are. Don't really want to get into it with you--just gonna pray you come back to Christianity before you have to regret your eternal life after you die. Just be careful and please don't hurt your wife or dauter or bring curses into their lives.

-part of my response-
When you say curses what do you mean i really don't understand. Just because I follow God i bring a curse ?. so all the people from the old testament who followed God brought curse upon them selves :) any how i dont want to get into a argument either.

:nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmed_indian
11-07-2009, 01:34 PM
keep following the path of truth - the way of your Lord - Almighty Allah.

some will accept, some will not...we cant keep everybody happy. dont worry about curses. they are harmless as u did not do anything wrong.

Asiyah3
11-07-2009, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
My sister inlaws mail after learning about my conversion

:heated:

-part of her mail below-
Kinda sad how easily influenced you are. Don't really want to get into it with you--just gonna pray you come back to Christianity before you have to regret your eternal life after you die. Just be careful and please don't hurt your wife or dauter or bring curses into their lives.

-part of my response-
When you say curses what do you mean i really don't understand. Just because I follow God i bring a curse ?. so all the people from the old testament who followed God brought curse upon them selves :) any how i dont want to get into a argument either.

:nervous:
:sl:
She'll see who's gonna be the one who will regret his/her life :p. The way she spoke to you was very very rude I have to say. Al-hamdulilLah for guiding you. May Allah reward you and keep you steadfast

How did your wife or daughter react to your conversion?

AnonymousPoster
11-08-2009, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
:sl:
She'll see who's gonna be the one who will regret his/her life :p. The way she spoke to you was very very rude I have to say. Al-hamdulilLah for guiding you. May Allah reward you and keep you steadfast

How did your wife or daughter react to your conversion?
wife is not happy with it , dauter is still young 3 years old

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tresbien
11-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Every time a person wants to turn to Allaah in his heart, whispers of other matters come to him. The shaytaan is like a bandit; every time a person wants to travel towards Allaah, he wants to intercept him. Hence it was said to one of the salaf: The Jews and the Christians say, we don’t experience waswaas. WHISPERS He said: They are right! What would the shaytaan do with a ruined house?

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/608

Hence you should not pay any attention to this waswaas, WHISPERS and do not let it form an obstacle on your way towards Allaah.

AnonymousPoster
11-08-2009, 02:46 PM
ADVISE TO ANY NEWCONVERT
When a person believes in something, he will be prepared to make sacrifices for its sake, so how about if this thing is Tawheed or belief in Allaah Alone, worshipping Him alone, following His Messenger and obeying His commands? Undoubtedly in this case the sacrifices will be even greater. The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that Paradise is surrounded with obstacles, and what that means is that there is no way for us to reach Paradise except by overcoming obstacles and putting up with difficulties. For the reward of Allaah is precious and its blessings are immense and never-ending, and life there is eternal and its joys and pleasures will never cease. So the true Muslim will be prepared to sacrifice many things in this transient, passing world for the sake of that blessing; he will be prepared to put up with the insults and slander of people, with their criticism and mockery, for the sake of attaining that blessing. There is something else good about this matter, which is that the more a person is harassed and bears it with patience, the more his reward will increase and the higher he will rise in status before the Lord of the Worlds; indeed, his faith may increase and grow stronger, so that he will enjoy bearing this bitterness with patience for the sake of earning Allaah’s pleasure. The sweetness of striving to please the Lord cancels out the bitterness of people’s anger, insults and criticism. If the harm he faces is just some words of mockery or criticism that he heard, what is wrong with his putting up with that in order to earn the pleasure of the Lord and His reward? In all of that he believes in the promise of Allaah, as He said in his holy Book (interpretation of the meaning):

“So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[Hood 11:49]

He knows that patience can only be achieved by the help of Allaah, so he asks Him to help him and make him steadfast. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And endure you patiently (O Muhammad), your patience is not but from Allaah”

[al-Nahl 16:127]

He is prepared to announce the truth before people, regardless of who approves and who rejects that. If they reject it, he turns away from them and ignores them, as Allaah said to His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) (interpretation of the meanings):

“Therefore proclaim openly (Allaah’s Message Islamic Monotheism) that which you are commanded, and turn away from Al‑Mushrikoon (polytheists, idolaters, and disbelievers)”

[al-Hijr 15:94]

“and turn away from the foolish”

[al-A’raaf 7:199]

Hurtful words from relatives are difficult to bear, worse than a blow from a weapon, but that will become insignificant for one who bears in mind the greatness of Allaah and His reward, and he will continue on his path without turning away or hesitating.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.