/* */

PDA

View Full Version : CAIR-SFBA 15th Annual Banquet

MuslimAgorist
11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
My impression of CAIR has always been that they are the Muslim version of the Anti Defamation League. I am as skeptical of organizations that work closely with the government as I am skeptical of the government itself. It has always seemed to me that special interest groups are fundamentally designed to aim the guns of government at their enemies and utilize legislative intimidation against their detractors. But I'll admit they do some good. Again, I just don't know.

So, I thought what better way to get the scoop than to visit my own local chapter, CAIR-SFBA.

read more

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimAgorist
11-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Often rightwing pundits accuse Muslims of not only following a religion, but a political ideology. They claim that CAIR and similar organizations represent a covert conspiracy of radical Muslims who's only aim is to replace the American republic with a Saudi style tyranny. Further, the purveyors of the new McCarthyism claim that this is to be accomplished under the guise of civil rights. What irony! That the very weapon which will be used to destroy civil rights in America is civil rights itself! Or maybe it's all -------s. Those anti-Muslim talking heads who peddle this tripe would be surprised to find that the target audience of CAIR's message are Muslims who's political ideology is disappointingly indistinguishable from the American mainstream.

On Sunday, November 15th, I attended the CAIR SFBA 15th Annual Fundrasing Banquet to form my own opinion about the organization.

Read More

MuslimAgorist
12-02-2009, 02:45 AM
After the 15th Annual Banquet of the San Francisco Bay Area chapter I was invited to the 7th Annual Banquet of the Sacramento Valley chapter of CAIR. I attended not necessarily to support CAIR, but to form my opinion of them.
Here are my second impressions after the CAIR-SV dinner. I also transcribed Sheikh Alauddin's speech at CAIR-SV dinner which was the high point of both banquets in my opinion, and worth a read. Enjoy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.