/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Backbiting

Tiara B
11-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I've been having a doubt during the past few months and I didn't have a chance to clarify it till now, Alahamdulillah...(thanks to the Islamic Board)
Backbiting is a great sin, and the only way to repent is by first, asking forgiveness from the person whom you backbited about. Only then will Allah forgive you. As narrated in a hadeeth:

“Abu Huraira narrated: the prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم ) said: “ let who has unjust his brother to purify himself from this sin by asking the forgiveness of that person before he dies. If he did not do so then in Judgment day whereas no Dinar nor Dirham exist, If he has good deeds ( Hasanat) then whom he unjust will take from and if he has no good deeds (Hasanat) then whom he unjust will give him from his bad deeds ( Say’aat). [ Sahih Bukhari: 2317]

But, my question is, how are we ever going to ask forgiveness from those whom we have never met or even spoken to? What about those who live miles and miles away? What about actors, presidents, celebrities. etc, etc..???

I just can't imagine HOW???!!!!! Is asking forgiveness from Allah alone, enough?

It would be a great burden lifted off my shoulders if anyone can please reply and clarify it for me. (This question may have an obvious answer, but I just need to be sure about it)

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
:salamext:

Sheikh Yasir Qadhi was asked this question and he responded that, in such an instance, you should mention something good about the person you backbited in the presence of the person/people in front of whom you backbited them.

He answered it in his talk called The Power of Repentance - Be Courageous. It's on YouTube:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

I think you will probably find the answer in the fifth video but why don't you just watch all of them anyway! It's a brilliant, inspiring talk.

Tiara B
11-08-2009, 03:11 AM
great....thanks a lot!

Uthman
11-08-2009, 07:06 AM
No problem. I hope you watched all of the videos!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
11-08-2009, 10:05 AM
My mistake sister, I don't think it shows the Q&A session in the videos. Still, that is the answer he gave to to the question.

Tiara B
11-09-2009, 07:11 AM
I did watch the videos anyway and it's great! Allah is indeed the Most Merciful.

You said :
"you should mention something good about the person you backbited in the presence of the person/people in front of whom you backbited them"
But I didn't exactly understand it. should I mention it to the person I backbited, or the person to whom I was talking to when backbiting?

Uthman
11-09-2009, 07:15 AM
:salamext:
format_quote Originally Posted by Aathiqah M.
But I didn't exactly understand it. should I mention it to the person I backbited, or the person to whom I was talking to when backbiting?
You should mention it to the person to whom you were talking when backbiting, he said.

Tiara B
11-10-2009, 10:20 AM
ok, thanks, i got it...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.