/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts regarding Social Networking Sites? (Facebook, Myspace, Digg, Twitter, etc)

OurIslamic
11-07-2009, 01:35 PM
:sl:
What do you think about these sites? And what is the Islamic perspective?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
11-07-2009, 01:38 PM

i think like the rest of the net it depends how you use it. im on facebook, i have my profile as private and have only family and female friends. if anyone told me its a fitna site, id say what am i doing on there thats fitna?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-07-2009, 02:10 PM
We had this bit of discussion in the fb thread...so same response.

tango92
11-08-2009, 12:39 PM
its a fitna for many brothers, especially ones in school/uni. because girls these days are posting very immodest pictures of themselves on the site.

even if you dont add any girls as freinds the recent activity page often shows these pictures as your other freinds comment on them etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
11-08-2009, 12:45 PM
The thread the sister mentioned above is here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-facebook.html

cat eyes
11-08-2009, 03:38 PM
its good if you like chasing and stalknig celebrities :giggling:

Al Ansari
11-09-2009, 06:53 PM
I personally stay away from all those sites. I guess it depends on the person. It is very easy to hack, even if you place your profile on private. However, many people like it.

BlissfullyJaded
11-09-2009, 07:37 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
The thread the sister mentioned above is here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-facebook.html
Jazakallah khair. :thumbs_up

Please continue in that thread with anything you may have to add.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.