/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LOsing faith?

AnonymousPoster
11-07-2009, 05:20 PM
:sl: I think i'm losing faith, i have somteimes doubts about Allah, thes thoughts often haunt me, if i have this thoughts, is this kufr. I am so afraid, it is affecting my health. I dont want to be a kaffir!:cry:
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlHoda
11-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Pleas make dua for me, thank you

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:00 PM
These thought are killing me, i need help,please. I barely ca't breath, due to these thoughts

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Is there anyone online i need your answers please.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Caller الداعي
11-07-2009, 06:02 PM
sis may Allah cure u spiritually and physically i think u should sit in circles of knwledge expose urself more to learning deen from knowlegd ppl and recite as much quran as possible

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caller
sis may Allah cure u spiritually and physically i think u should sit in circles of knwledge expose urself more to learning deen from knowlegd ppl and recite as much quran as possible
I try too , but when i read quran and i see the verses of the kaffirs burning in heel 4ever, i just get so afraid. I can't stop thinking about it, it has been going on for a month now.

GuestFellow
11-07-2009, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl: I think i'm losing faith, i have somteimes doubts about Allah, thes thoughts often haunt me, if i have this thoughts, is this kufr. I am so afraid, it is affecting my health. I dont want to be a kaffir!:cry:
:sl:

I'm glad your afraid. That means you do believe in Allah. If you truly didn't believe in Allah, you wouldn't care and you wouldn't have created this topic to seek advice.

I would continue to prayer and ignore those whispers.

Woodrow
11-07-2009, 06:11 PM
When used properly doubt can become a great gift as a faith builder and to teach us to pass through a trial with ease.

Doubt is natural, especially if you had never had any one question your beliefs. It is a lesson that we must always learn through reading and asking questions. Do not hold your doubts in and allow them to become hidden detractors. Read all you can to seek answers, ask people whose opinion you have verified as being knowledgable, any questions you have.

At one time nearly all if not all of us have had the same doubts you are now facing. Ask how we found the answers and do not let your doubts go unanswered.

Caller الداعي
11-07-2009, 06:12 PM
seek refuge in Allah and sit in the gatherings of the knowldged inshallah ull get better

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I'm glad your afraid. That means you do believe in Allah. If you truly didn't believe in Allah, you wouldn't care and you wouldn't have created this topic to seek advice.

I would continue to prayer and ignore those whispers.
That's it, cuz, this is not the first time it happened, and i am actually getting more comforatable with it. This is what fears me most, that i will give up one day, it is exhausting me mentally,physically and spirituality.

Fishman
11-07-2009, 06:13 PM
If all you are getting is those little doubts that flick into your mind when there is a difference between your head and your heart, then fight back. A cracked vase is more beautiful than a smashed one.

I try too , but when i read quran and i see the verses of the kaffirs burning in heel 4ever, i just get so afraid. I can't stop thinking about it, it has been going on for a month now.
It seems strange but try to take this as a positive sign, since one who fears Allah certainly can't be in danger of his wrath, in an Islamic perspective.

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:14 PM
seek refuge in Allah and sit in the gatherings of the knowldged inshallah ull get better
I don't know many gatherings and i always am at home.

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM
You see it is not he 1st time, and every time the doubts get greater, the fear of going to Hell become less, i can't face with reality, but I know Allah exist. Im so afraid that i will die one day while im am doubting and die as an kaffir.

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Sometimes i feel like giving up

Caller الداعي
11-07-2009, 06:24 PM
ok maybe u shud confrnt a scholar wid ur doubts and wat prblm do u have leavn ur home to sit n gathrngs?

glo
11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Times of doubt occur to most believers, I am sure.
Trust that God can carry you through this, and that he understands our moments of questioning and doubt.
Pray that he will protect you and guide you.

Perhaps you find this helpful:
One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him
he looked back, at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life
there was only one set of footprints.
He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it:
"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:
"My son, My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you,
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Author unknown

tresbien
11-07-2009, 06:34 PM
It is satan whisper .Do not busy uself thinking of it.Avoid sins and choose good friends
As u are Egyptian watch al nass tv.It is beneficial.moreover read quran and do adkar.try to fast also.

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:34 PM
ok maybe u shud confrnt a scholar wid ur doubts and wat prblm do u have leavn ur home to sit n gathrngs?
Actually, i dont; know where to find a gathering. I'm only 17 and my mother would allow me to go to the other side of the city for a gathering. So i'm stuck at home

Caller الداعي
11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
oh i see well i suggest u engage urslef in zhikr of Allah sit down after fajr and asar and do the zhikr of Allah and salat on the holy prophet alayhisalam!
its the shaytan thats playing with ur thoughts

AnonymousPoster
11-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Times of doubt occur to most believers, I am sure.But i thinl that concerning u Glo u doubt comes from satan whose goal is to distract u from the truth path.Whoever enters from it he is saved.

Asiyah3
11-07-2009, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
You see it is not he 1st time, and every time the doubts get greater, the fear of going to Hell become less, i can't face with reality, but I know Allah exist. Im so afraid that i will die one day while im am doubting and die as an kaffir.
Sister, I truly think you should seek knowledge of Islam. Especially about the Prophet(SAAS) and his companions. Religious programs in which they speak about the Prophets (SAAS) (meracles, faith etc.) help alot

May Allah increase your imaan

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I have also another question, am I going to be punished for my thoughts.?

glo
11-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Times of doubt occur to most believers, I am sure.But i thinl that concerning u Glo u doubt comes from satan whose goal is to distract u from the truth path.Whoever enters from it he is saved.

I agree.
That's why it's so important to keep focused on God and to pray and believe that he will continue to protect us from harm and guide us to the truth.

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I agree.
That's why it's so important to keep focused on God and to pray and believe that he will continue to protect us from harm and guide us to the truth.
Im glad you said that, but i do pray5x times a day( may Allah (swt) accept it)
Are these whispers really form the satan, because i say 3adubillahi minashaytanirajim every 3seconds, i know that i am avery volrunable victim of the shaytan, i spent most of my time thinking, i rararly talk a lot in a conversation, mostly think and sit by myself. I am not one of those people who can keep themselves busy without thinking, that why i doubt so much. I think like probably every sec of y life, i have been this way since i was a baby.:sl:

KNX
11-07-2009, 06:52 PM
:sl: My dear sister,

The thoughts that are appearing to your heads are shaytaan's whispers. Doubting is natural to humans. We are strong enough to ignore shaytaan's whispers. Remember Allah (SWT) is mighty.

My sister, other people's advice are right. Start research about Islam again. Go back to basic. Try to research until you are satisfied, until ur heart are contended. You need to start to look at yourself and think 'what am i doubting about?', 'which parts'. When you have finally reflect, you write down what ur doubting about. Ask here on this forum or a scholar who can answer you.

And remeber try to think positive. InshaAllah you are in my dua...

Wa alaykum asalam :D
peace KNX :peace:

glo
11-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Im glad you said that, but i do pray5x times a day( may Allah (swt) accept it)
Are these whispers really form the satan, because i say 3adubillahi minashaytanirajim every 3seconds, i know that i am avery volrunable victim of the shaytan, i spent most of my time thinking, i rararly talk a lot in a conversation, mostly think and sit by myself. I am not one of those people who can keep themselves busy without thinking, that why i doubt so much. I think like probably every sec of y life, i have been this way since i was a baby.:sl:
Dear AlHoda

We all think every moment of our waking day - that's how the human brain functions.

Please forgive me if I say anything that might be un-Islamic, but if you really spent every moment praying to protect yourself from Shaytan, then how can you actually function is life?
How do you work, talk, concentrate on daily life?

Sister, I don't want to say anything offensive, but have you sought advice on this from trained people?
I am all for praying and living for God - but not to extend that it prevents you from living a normal life. What you are doing sound almost obsessive-compulsive to me. That's a condition which may need the advice and/or treatment from a professional therapist or doctor.

Like I said, I don't want to say anything which is un-Islamic - but please seek advice from more knowledgeable people.

Iris
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Maybe you're letting yourself get obsessed with these thoughts for no reason. It's the work of Shaitan trying to misguide a believer yet again.
Rest assure sister that we all go through these phases in life. But YOU HAVE to make an effort in this case instead of feeling sorry for yourself. Just like a patient can get cured Once he is able to recognize his disease and accept it, you need to do the same. Seek help from Imams in masjids etc, learned friends, online info, anywhere. If life is going smoothly for you be thankful to Allah, else He might put you into great trouble, and that will only weaken your faith. Or what if life ends before you actually start working on your iman. Working on Iman requires hard work, just like you achieve anything else in life, like a college degree, you have to do this too. Plan out a timetable for religious activities, plan your day out in a way that you have time to meditate and reflect on Allah's blessings. May He bring you back to iman in full strength faster than lightening.

Sit and think about the signs of Allah that are mentioned in the Quran. Why DO the sun and moon go about in an orbit, is there an orbit visible to them heavenly bodies? No, it's a miracle of Allah's, just like everything else is. Man can't create matter out of nothing, we only convert one form of energy into another and create a limited supplyof electricity. Then what about the sun? It provides light and heat energy to the world every single day, for all the working hours before maghrib, for endless no. of years. THAT is nothing short of a miracle. The soil tastes like crap, and yummy fruits come out of it, How? It's all Allah's blessings dear sister. You are not alone. We, your Muslim brothers and sisters are here to help each other out and strengthen our Imans.

Do not lose hope. Think about poor people, who don't even get enough to eat. There are 1 billion people in the world currently who dont get enough to eat. In this injustice in the world striking to you? No, because Allah SWT created this world and its people imperfect and so all scores will be settled on the day of judgement. People have the willpower to harm others, so they do. Will they get away with it? No, everyone will be brought to account for his/her actions.

All these are signs of Allah for those who seek the truth and those who think. So read the Quran and hadith and REFLECT. And last and MOST importantly, make duaa to Allah SWT to strengthen your iman to an extent that nothing should be able to crush it. Make that dua day and night, and esp. in the last hour of friday before the sun sets. Even if the dua is devoid of feeling, He Will Listen, inshaAllah. Ameen.

Iris
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM
And yes your thoughts do sound a bit obsessive-compulsive to me. A visit to a doctor might be beneficial!

May Allah SWT help you.

AlHoda
11-07-2009, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iris
Maybe you're letting yourself get obsessed with these thoughts for no reason. It's the work of Shaitan trying to misguide a believer yet again.
Rest assure sister that we all go through these phases in life. But YOU HAVE to make an effort in this case instead of feeling sorry for yourself. Just like a patient can get cured Once he is able to recognize his disease and accept it, you need to do the same. Seek help from Imams in masjids etc, learned friends, online info, anywhere. If life is going smoothly for you be thankful to Allah, else He might put you into great trouble, and that will only weaken your faith. Or what if life ends before you actually start working on your iman. Working on Iman requires hard work, just like you achieve anything else in life, like a college degree, you have to do this too. Plan out a timetable for religious activities, plan your day out in a way that you have time to meditate and reflect on Allah's blessings. May He bring you back to iman in full strength faster than lightening.

Sit and think about the signs of Allah that are mentioned in the Quran. Why DO the sun and moon go about in an orbit, is there an orbit visible to them heavenly bodies? No, it's a miracle of Allah's, just like everything else is. Man can't create matter out of nothing, we only convert one form of energy into another and create a limited supplyof electricity. Then what about the sun? It provides light and heat energy to the world every single day, for all the working hours before maghrib, for endless no. of years. THAT is nothing short of a miracle. The soil tastes like crap, and yummy fruits come out of it, How? It's all Allah's blessings dear sister. You are not alone. We, your Muslim brothers and sisters are here to help each other out and strengthen our Imans.

Do not lose hope. Think about poor people, who don't even get enough to eat. There are 1 billion people in the world currently who dont get enough to eat. In this injustice in the world striking to you? No, because Allah SWT created this world and its people imperfect and so all scores will be settled on the day of judgement. People have the willpower to harm others, so they do. Will they get away with it? No, everyone will be brought to account for his/her actions.

All these are signs of Allah for those who seek the truth and those who think. So read the Quran and hadith and REFLECT. And last and MOST importantly, make duaa to Allah SWT to strengthen your iman to an extent that nothing should be able to crush it. Make that dua day and night, and esp. in the last hour of friday before the sun sets. Even if the dua is devoid of feeling, He Will Listen, inshaAllah. Ameen.
:sl: Thank you very much for this advice, may Allah(swt) bless you, I didn't doubt my entire life, and I know it is a phase. i also think a lot about Allah (swt) and His signs and think about it, but sometimes these evil and so evil thoughts come into my head.
:wa::statisfie

Hamza Asadullah
11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister know that worrying about our imaan is a sign of faith and Allah is wanting to guide you to come towards Islam and closer to him that is why you are feeling inclined towards coming more into Islam and wanting to be closer to Allah and fearing for your imaan. But as with anything in life we have to work towards it and put our FULL effort into whatever we want in life.

Just like you had to study day and night to achieve good results for your degree. The sameway you have to put in FULL effort if you want to coming towards deen and closer to Allah.

Please rest assured that you are not the only person grappling with this problem. The Prophet, Allah bless him and give him peace, said, "Every son of Adam is a sinner, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Allah Most High created us and He knows our natures. He knows that we are weak and prone to error and sin. He knows that we are faced with temptations everyday of our lives.

Yet, He is the Most Merciful and the Most Clement. In the words of Allah the Most High, "Say: 'O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped." (Az-Zumar, 39:53-54)

Allah's mercy, compassion and forgiveness are all encompassing and his mercy is one of his most important and significant qualities of the almighty in the Qur’an, as well as in the saying and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

In a Hadith Qudsi Allah states: "My mercy prevails over My wrath."

The Prophet also once said:

Allah, the Almighty, says: Whosoever does a good deed, will have (reward) ten times like it and I add more; and whosoever does an evil, will have the punishment like it or I will forgive (him); and whosoever approaches Me by one span, I will approach him by one cubit; and whosoever approaches Me by one cubit, I approach him by one fathom, and whosoever comes to Me walking, I go to him running; and whosoever meets Me with an earth-load of sins without associating anything with Me, I meet him with forgiveness like that. (Sahih Muslim)

Approximately 113 chapters of the Holy Qur’an begin with: "In the name of Allah the Most-Compassionate; the Most-Merciful".

This is a constant reminder to all who read the Qur’an of the great mercy, compassion and forgiveness of almighty Allah. So do not despair my sister for whatever wrongs we have done if we repent sincerely with the intention to NEVER commit it again then Allah will forgive us.

Allah Most High gives us countless opportunities to repent. We must avail ourselves before it is too late. Alhamdulillah, you're fully aware of this fact. So why not do something good for your heart and your soul and turn to Allah in true repentance? None of us knows when we will be called back to our Creator. So don't let another minute pass.

Alhamdulillah, you have the gift of youth. So take advantage of it. According to a saying of the Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him peace, "Take advantage of five things before five others occur. Your youth before you grow old; your health before you become sick, your wealth before you become poor, your leisure before you become busy, and your life before you die."

A lot of people put off repentance until they are very old or very sick. But no time is better than the present. Every second of your youth is going by and being wasted, will you ever get this precious time back?

We should be truly repentant for our sins. True repentance is repentance that brings you closer to your Lord and further from the sin. True repentance means that you sincerely and diligently take the means to move away from this sin. You get to the point where even the idea of committing this sin is loathsome. That's what you should strive for. So we should constantly ask for forgiveness every single day.

My Sister if we don’t keep consistent with our deen then our imaan (faith) will decrease and we will be far from Allah and our deen.

Why have we worked so hard for our education, degree or job? Because we wanted the end result to be good, right? Sameway if we work hard to do as much good as possible and abide by Allah's commands then the end result in this world AND the hereafter will be good inshallah!

So we have to change our mindset and think in this way that i need to work hard towards the end result which is the hereafter, just like i worked hard towards a good end result for my education or degree or job that i do etc.

If we don’t let go of our love for this world and worldly things then how can our imaan (faith) remain high? So we have to forsake the love for this world and realise that this world is just temporary and our life in this world can end at ANY second!

My Sister we should thank Allah so much everyday because firstly out of BILLIONS of people that he's created he chose US and gave US imaan(faith)!

He didn’t have to, he could of created us non believers and he could have created us in ANY time period in history like in the dark ages or in the medieval times or some other terrible time uncivilised time period but he created us in a relatively safe environment in one of the richest countries in the world with luxury, food on a plate everyday, anything we want and all we have to do is look at the unfortunate people who have NOTHING and we will truly realise how lucky we really are and that Allah has given us EVERYTHING!

Many times I have been to Pakistan and seen the poor there and they're terrible condition and I just feel SO lucky of what Allah has given me compared to these people.

I saw a paralysed guy ROLLING around on the streets because he couldn’t walk or afford a wheel chair, that really got to me. When one sees these things that is when reality really hits us of how lucky we really are because living in this country we always seem to forget.

My Sister the amount of poverty that people are experiencing in this world and the position Allah has put us in we should constantly be in prostration to him and thank him SO SO much!

We are SO SO lucky my Sister and we still complain about this and that and minor things but we should be ever thankful to Allah night and day!

We take for granted what he has given us! He could have created us paralysed or with a terrible debilitating disease but no my Sister he has given us health, wealth and best of all imaan (faith) and now he is wanting to guide us that is why were want to go towards him!

The ONLY thing stopping us from going towards Allah is ourselves because know that shaythan can just whisper but it is our choice whether we listen or not. We are given free will to choose which path we want to take and we HAVE to make the effort to go towards him and get into our deen.

Every single day we should try to imagine and contemplate the favours Allah has done for us and the everything he has given us and only then we will ALWAYS remain so so thankful and appreciative of Allah because my Sister SO many people are suffering in this world and all around us but were not always aware. We may look at some people around us and think to ourselves they look happy and content but only Allah knows the most terrible hardships that they are going through.

We should ALWAYS look at people who have less than us and NEVER those who have more than us! We may look at a person who we think has more than us and is happier than us, but how do we know what they are going through in life? We don't because it is not always advertised what people are going through.

Look at our poor brothers and sisters in war torn countries and those who are being oppressed by their governments who don’t even allow them to practise their deen, yet where we are our governments do allow us to practise our deen properly without any problems.

Even though we sin day in and day out our almighty creator still provides for us, nourishes us, sustains us and gives us EVERYTHING we need EVERYDAY OF OUR LIVES! He remains patient waiting for us to go towards him everyday but our luck can run out ANY second!

My Sister we are so lucky if ONLY we knew and realised how much so. Even after our imaan (faith) goes down, Allah is still trying to guide us and that is why we feel inclined in our hearts to go towards him and be the closest to him!

All we have to Sister is to make the little effort in comparison with EVERYTHING Allah has given us! But yet we still fail to do the little required of us to change and go towards Allah!

He gave us life, health and working limbs when there are people out there who have limbs missing or are deformed and retarded and look at us! He has given us EVERY SINGLE THING and yet we still struggle to give even a little back and thank him by praying to him for just a few minutes a day.

Even if we were to spend eternity trying to imagine what Allah has given us and the amount of favours he has done for us, we would NEVER be able to even begin to imagine!

My Sister happiness and contentment of the heart ONLY lies with Allah! Whether we gain this happiness and true contentment really depends on how obedient we are to Allah's commandments and how much we really strive to do what he asks of us!

Remember everything that is good comes from Allah and everything bad that happens comes from us and our own wrong doings! Also Allah tests his creations in MANY different ways!

He may test us in any aspect of our lives! Almighty Allah says in the Qur'an as well that do you think that you will not be tested? What is the point and purpose of life if we are not to be tried and tested by Allah?

Allah just wants to see how we will react when we are tested! Will we go closer to shaythan? or closer to Allah?

Why should we let shaythan win? For Allah tests a person so that he may see if the person will go closer to him or further away!

Who were the people who were tested the most? They were the Ambiya(prophets)! Do you know why? Because they were the best of all creation! So the more Allah tests us the more he wants us to be closer to him and if we bare the tests with patience then know that Allah is with those who are patient and the reward for patience can only be jannah (Paradise)! Subhanallah

It is shaythan who wants us to become closer to him and will we let him? He ONLY wants our destruction!

He tries EVERYTHING in his power to try and keep us away from our deen by trying by distracting us with the deceptions of this world but will we let him?

He constantly tries to make us forget our purpose for It is shaythan who wants to make us lose faith in Allah and trying to make us give up hope and get depressed and confused!

He tries to mess with our minds and make us lose hope and self esteem and then tells us that our lives are pointless and worthless so why not give up?

It is shaythan who wants to see our destruction in this world and the next! Will we let him do this to us and let him win? Will we let him jeopardise our imaan(faith) and bring us to total destruction in this world and the next?

All shaythan can do is whisper in our ears and tell us to do something but it is upto us whether we will listen or not! we are beings with free will and free choice to do what we want. So will we follow our desires and the whispers of shaythan and be in loss forever? Or will we ONLY strive to listen to Allah and gain eternal success in this world and the next? Its logical who we should listen to but why don't we?

For us it is easier to sin that to do good, but that is because were in the habit of sinning so much that were used to it. Were in the habit of missing namaz day in day out so its a normal thing for us. We hardly think about Allah and what is to come in the afterlife but continue to think about our life in this world and our future. How do we know we have a future? How do we know whether our time will come now or later? If it does come now what have we got to show for what we have done in our life to try and please Allah?

We need to get into the habit of doing good deeds and praying ALL of our salat and then it will be easier for us to do good deeds and when we get so used to doing good deeds and sinning less then when we do happened to do a sin we would be much more guilty about it and strive not to do it again.

We should NEVER give up hope and NEVER give in to shaythan! This is exactly what shaythan wants! He can only whisper but WE HAVE THE POWER OVER OURSELVES!

We have FULL control over our mind and body so let us take back control and use our mind and body and focus it towards bettering ourselves as Muslims and going towards our deen and Allah! Let us NEVER give up hope in Allah and NEVER give into shaythan because you are STRONGER than him and you can overcome him it is in you!

This life is a test and what kind of test would it be if there was'nt evil and temptation around us? Life is full of hurdles for the path to Jannah is not an easy one and why should it be?

We have to earn our place in Jannah just like we earnt our school education and degrees etc.

If we get closer to Allah then our journey to Jannah will be a very easy one because we would have Allah by our side and when we get tested we would bare it with patience and have full hope, reliance and trust in Allah! But if were far away from our deen and Allah then we will be on a very rocky road to knowhere and eventually destruction!

The problem is because were far away from our deen and Allah it is MUCH harder for us to do good deeds and pray to Allah with full commitment. That is why it is crucial that we get closer to our deen and Allah so that we find it easier to do good and feel more guilt when we do bad.

When one practices Islam and prays in the house then one brings noor(light) and blessings into the household by praying and reading the Qur'an then other members of the household will also benefit from it, so will you not pray and read Qur'an so that your house gets full with this noor and blessings?

My sister Allah ONLY created us for one purpose and that is to worship him! He created us to provide for ourselves in this world but it is him who has given us the ability to work! He has given us the mental ability and capacity and he has given us the health and energy in our muscles so that we may work! He is our employer and he is our wage giver!

He sustains and he has given us the ability to earn for ourselves. This does not mean that we should let this affect our actual purpose in this life! We should always keep a balance between what we do for this world and what we do for the hereafter.

When you get into the habit of praying my sister then everything will become easier for you. Itis just right now shaythan is trying to make you think its impossible for you and he is trying to make you think that you can't do it and that it is not in your capacity to do it but he is just trying to knock your confidence in yourself! You have the ability to do ANYTHING!

Once you get into the habit of praying you will NEVER look back again and you will think why did'nt i start earlier! I believe in you sister and know you can do this for you are MUCH stronger than shaythan and you can get into the habit of namaz without any problems but you have to act NOW and NEVER put this off again and say soon or tomorrow because tomorrow or soon NEVER comes but NOW is the time my sister for us to act!

If we have a daily routine of work, prayig remembrance of Allah, reading the Qur'an and learning about Islam then we are more likely to stick to it and implement it throughout our daily life.

My Sister Allah has not asked much from us in this life compared to what he's got on offer for us in the hereafter! Allah has just asked us for full obedience to him for such a short amount of time- (60-70 years to the most which is an average life) and in return for our obedience he has promised us ETERENITY of bliss!

So that's: Obedience to Allah for the duration of our short lives = Eternity of bliss in the hereafter

Is that not the most amazing offer one can EVER imagine or comprehend? On top of that Allah has given us everything we need, life, shelter, wealth, food, clothing I can go on and on on the favours of Allah FOREVER!

So not only has Allah provided us with everything we can imagine but he has asked us to do a little in return for an eternity of bliss and we still can't manage it? Were pathetic its as simple as that!

Allah just wants the best for us in this world and the next and he tells us in the Qur'an that righteousness and piety is the path to success in this world and the next!

Simply following Allah's commands wholeheartedly will lead to success in this world and the next!

This life for us can end at ANY second Sister as we have seen for ourselves and still see on the news and all around us people dying and those people are not old at all they are people of ALL ages, ethnicities, backgrounds and religions! No matter who we are and what our situation or position is in life when our time is up then death will take us for death does not wait a second more it will take us when our time is up and NO ONE knows when that will be but Allah!

We know too well how temporary our life is and we should realise that if we waste our lives away more than we have already done then surely we will surely regret all the time we wasted on the day of judgement because ONLY then will we realise the true value of the time we had and the amount of GREAT opportunities we missed out on to do good and go towards Allah!

There will be MANY on the day of Qiyamat that will ask Allah for just one more chance and opportunity to have another shot at life and another chance to do things right this time but NO ONE will be given another chance for THIS is our ONLY chance! If we waste this opportunity then we WILL regret it FOREVER! That's a guarantee!

Allah will say have i not given you enough chances in this world to change and be obedient to me?

We wouldn't want to die at this point in our lives right now because we know that we have prepared NOTHING! What have we prepared to show Allah when he asks us what we did with our lives? We have NOTHING to show! We should be VERY worried indeed!

One time the Prophet (Pbuh) saw some people laughing out aloud and they were laughing a lot and the Prophet (Pbuh) said that if these people knew what was to come then they would NOT laugh at all! This proves that the Prophet (Pbuh) knew what was to come and he knew that if we had the knowledge he did then we would be VERY worried indeed but we don't realise because were asleep and we by the time we wake up it will be too late!

So we HAVE to wake up now! Otherwise if we die and have nothing to show Allah of our lives then we are doomed and we would not be able to handle a second of punishment.

My Sister my dear friend died this Ramadan and and he was only 28 years of age. Just 4 days ago my first cousin sister also died and she was only 26 years of age. Just this morning my neighbours sisters husband died and he was only 34 years old. What is life but a few hours and then our chance to please Allah and go towards him is gone FOREVER! We CANNOT afford to waste a second!

My Sister life is just so uncertain. How do we know when our time is up? The thing is we don't know that is why we HAVE to prepare now! Otherwise there may not be a tomorrow!

If we CONSTANTLY remind ourselves of death then we will NEVER slack in our deen because we would know that the angel of death may take us ANY second! Just as i was writing this to you my friend text me and told me that his father has just died! What can i say my sister? How much more do we need until we change ourselves? How many more warnings do we need until all our warnings are up?

We get SOO many chances from Allah everyday but yet again and again we don't take those opportunities for we keep letting them pass but what if at ANY second our last chance is up?Then we will not get anymore!

So it’s best for us to try and change ourselves now! Lets do our best to abide by the commandments of Allah and go closer to him because he is our beloved creator and he knows what’s best for us we don't! Allah says in the Qur'an that we humans know not what is best for us but Allah does. We think we do but we clearly don't.

Surely our creator knows because he has created everything we see and imagine! So let us put our FULL trust in him and strive to get the closest to our beloved creator who gave us life!

We should NOT keep dwelling on our past now or the bad experiences we went through because our past has made us who we are today! Let us take lessons from our past and learn from it and do things better now and the future!

It will do us absolutely no good by being down about what has happened in the past! Being depressed or down about the past and life in general and losing hope and faith will NEVER benefit us but cause our doom and destruction because that is what shaythan wants! He wants to mess our heads up and distract us ANYWAY he can!

If we think to ourselves that life is too short to be down or lose hope and faith and that i should spend most of my time working for the next life then this is the best way to live our lives because what is the point of investing time and efforts in this world when those efforts are for something that is temporary and could end at ANYTIME!

Why not spend most of our time and efforts on the hereafter which is for ETERNITY? Any investment we put into the hereafter will benefit us forever and we will wreak the rewards for eternity! But if we put all of our efforts just into this world then how much will we really gain from it? Very little or nothing at all!

The person who chases this world will only get what is destined for him but the person who chases the hereafter will get more from this world and from the hereafter! So who is the winner?

We have all done mistakes in our lifetime and sometimes we wish that we can get hold of a time machine and do things differently! We wish we could go back into the past and change things so that things could have been different now but what is the point of thinking this way? whatever has happened has happened and will NEVER change! Even if the world was to be created again whatever will happen will keep happening!

We are wasting even more time thinking this way when we could be using this precious time in doing things better now and the future because that’s what really counts not what has already happened!

Let’s move on and NOT think and dwell about the past because our life experiences make us who we are and have made us wiser people when in the past we were inexperienced in life and naive!

Sometimes in life we have to learn the hard way because the hard way is the best way to learn at times and we have to just accept what’s happened and move on because life goes on but we don't know for how long! We have to realise how precious time is!

So lets forget the past now and move on and do the BEST we can now and the future in pleasing Allah and trying to be the closest to him and repenting our past sins because if we repent with full sincerity with the intention of NEVER doing it again then Allah almighty will forgive us inshallah that’s how merciful he is!

We can work our WHOLE lives 24/7 and build a wonderful life for ourselves here and then the next day we die before we can even enjoy the fruits of our hard labour! What was the point of all that investment just in this world when it can end at ANYTIME!

Let’s ONLY invest the very minimum into this world lets invest as much as we can to the next world which is our final and ultimate destination!

The Prophet (saw) says to that we should treat this life as if it were just on a journey! This life is not a very long stop until our final abode which is the hereafter!

When investors are looking to invest in a business venture do they look for short term gains or long term? Obviously long term my sister and that’s what we should be looking for because the cleverest person is the one who makes arrangements for the hereafter and not only for this world!

That’s not to say that we shouldn’t have our share in this world of course we should but we should invest most of our time in the next life which is for ETERNITY!

We would NOT be able to handle a single second in the hell fire my sister, we cannot even imagine how terrifying this will be so we should do our best in this life to seek protection from it and make our good deeds balance as heavy as possible!

Sometimes i find it very hard to imagine when i think of the concept of FOREVER! It’s hard to imagine something that will last forever! That it will never cease but will go on and on! It’s not hard to think of temporary because most of the things around us goes through a cycle of life and then ceases to exist!

We see people die all around us and everything will have to come to an end, but the concept of forever is just unimaginable because it will keep going and going and NEVER end.

We cannot imagine there hereafter that is why you may find it difficult to comprehend but if we believe in the hereafter then of course we must believe in the full descriptions of heaven and hell!

The disbelievers have nothing to live for! They go through life ONLY living for this world and are confused as to why they are here and they don't have a purpose in life but we know our purpose but what are we doing to achieve it?

Allah guides who he wants and he says in the Qur'an that if he wanted to he would guide all of mankind but that would go against the whole point of this creation and testing mankind!

Allah knows best who is worthy of having faith and guidance! But it is truly a sad life for those who have no purpose in this life! They live just for this world! This is their paradise! This is their bliss! But ours is in the next world for this world is the prison for the believer!

One of the main reasons why we lack in imaan Sister is also due to a lack of knowledge of Islam!

Knowledge always makes things clearer to us! If we constantly gain knowledge of Islam and especially the akhirah and at the same time contemplate and ponder over it then my sister our imaan will remain strong because we know what is to come.

My Sister our enemy shaythan wants our destruction and he will stop at NOTHING until we desire this world and live for this life but my sister this life is SO SO short that we cannot imagine.

A hadith to the nearest meaning says that when we will be in the akhirah we will be asked "How long were you on the earth for?" We will say " Only for a few hours" because the comparison of this world to the akhirah is NOTHING! So when we are in this next world this world will seem like a few hours!

My Sister we will regret every second we wasted! In the akhirah we will wish that we went back to the earth and done things better but this is our ONLY chance! My Sister we can't waste our one chance that we have in this world!

What is this world but an illusion and a deception? Allah says this in the Qur'an that this life is like a veil over your eyes its a deception! We have to wake up Sister and keep reminding ourselves EVERY day of our purpose!

My Sister Allah loves us 70 times more than a mother loves its baby! Look at how much love our almighty has for us! He looks after us, sustains us and cherishes us but what do we do? We run after this world! We are truly sad and we will be the losers on Qiyamat(Day of judgement)unless we change NOW!

My Sister Ramadan left us a couple of months ago and it was the month of mercy where we had the chance to get the closest to Allah and do as many good deeds as possible but as long as we have life and our soul is in us then the doors of mercy and forgiveness are open for us and Allah can forgive us for EVERY sin but we need to make the changes in our own heads first and change our mind set and the way we think! We have to think all the time that ANY second could be our last!

We need to make sincere vows to Allah that we will ONLY go towards him and we will ONLY put everything into the Akhirah to please him!

We need to only live for this world as much as we can survive comfortably but everything we do for this world we should also make the intention of doing it for Allah's pleasure so that we can survive in this world! The prophet (Pbuh) was given the chance to have all of the riches of this world but he rejected it all because he wanted the riches in the hereafter! Similarly we need to want the riches of the hereafter for how can one compare the riches of this world to that of the hereafter? There's NO comparison!

If we keep constantly reminding ourselves of this then we will constantly busy ourselves with Zikr (remembrance of Allah) and we will have no time for being down or depressed.

This life is our ONLY chance to please Allah and gain as many good deeds as we can so that we can build our eternity in the next world. We can't build our eternity once were dead so we HAVE to do as much as we can to please Allah and increase our good deeds now that we are alive before death overtakes us and death can overtake us at ANY second!

You really need to try and find good pious local sisters who are working for the akhirah. I'm sure you can get involved with local sister halaqa's,meetings and sisters circles because there are SO many Muslims in your area and there will DEFINATLY be good sisters doing good work in your area its just a matter of getting in touch with such a group.

You are who your friends are so if your friends are good and pious and of those who ONLY desire the hereafter then those are the right people to be with but if they are the opposite then you need to get away from them because whether we like it or not their bad influence and habits etc will rub off on us gradually.

The true friend is the one who takes us towards goodness and towards Allah and Islam and the bad friend is the one who will drag us towards hell and destruction.

My Sister our aim should be to do EVERY good act especially namaz with khushu (imaging we can see Allah when praying or doing good deeds). We need to imagine him watching us no matter what we do! If we imagine him watching us then surely we would automatically want to stay away from sin and do good actions with more sincerity and focus. For this we need to try and clear our minds of all thoughts and focus SOLELY on Allah when were doing any good action like namaz for example because it is easy for our minds to wander when were praying.

We need to try and gain more sincerity in our hearts in every action we do and clean out the love of this world from our hearts and replace it with the love for the hereafter and wanting to be the closest to Allah!

All this is certainly not an over night process, but my sister our imaan (faith) can remain strong and high if we consistently remember Allah ALL the time and keep in mind our purpose in this world that were ONLY here for such a short period and that we will have to go one day which can be ANY second. We should glorify Allah throughout the day and remember him no matter what were doing in our lives and this way our imaan (faith) will remain high all the time inshallah!

We should imagine him watching us glorify him and think of him and we should do lots of duas throughout the day and gain a close relationship with Allah!

We should read much of the Qur'an and its meanings and contemplate and ponder over its meanings. We should try and spend a little time each day trying to memorise bits of the Qur'an and even make intention that we want to memorise all of it because We will get our reward depending on our intention!

We should try and learn and implement as MANY Sunnahs (Actions and sayings) of our beloved Rasulallah (Pbuh) as possible who is our role model and we should learn the masnoon duas and implement them EVERYDAY in our lives!

We should learn the life story of our beloved Rasul (Pbuh) and learn about every aspect of his most amazing life! This will surely soften our hearts!

We should learn about the stories of the pious predecessors and the hero's of Islam and take them as our hero's because they are the true hero's of this world like the many hero women of Islam which i will paste you the web link at the bottom so that you can read about their amazing lives!

We should constantly remind ourselves of death and read about it all the time my Sister and read about what will happen to us after death in the grave and in the hereafter! We should learn about our possible rewards in Jannah and our demise in Jahannam if we fail and die without imaan May Allah save us all!

We should try and gain a thirst for knowledge my Sister because it is said that the ones with knowledge and the ones without knowledge is like the distance from here to the star that you can see shining and learning knowledge of Islam will opens up our eyes wider than they currently are.

We need to acquire a taste and a desire to gain knowledge and try our best to act upon it and implement it in our daily lives and share it with others! My brother we need to try and gain the closeness to Allah by reading MANY nafil salah's.

My Sister we need to try and constantly occupy ourselves with the Zikr(Remembrance) of Allah and glorify him day and night!

Allah says in the Qur'an "Remember Allah abundantly, in order that you become successful"

Quran (Surah 8: Verse 45)

"Only in the remembrance of Allah (swt) will your heart find peace"

Quran (Surah 13: Verse 28)

"Those men and women who engage much in Allah's praise. for them Allah has prepared forgiveness and a Great Reward"

Quran (Surah 33: Verse 35)

"When any group of men remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquillity descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Muslim)

We also know that remembering Allah is of the greatest deed:

"The remembrance of Allah (swt) is the greatest (deed)" Quran (Surah 29: Verse 45)

and of the the worst things we can do is not to remember Allah:

"Satan has mastered them and caused them to forget the Remembrance of Allah. Those are Satan's party; and Satan's party shall assuredly be the losers" Quran (Surah 58: Verse 19)

"Whosoever turns away from the Remembrance of Allah, He will hurl him into a stern punishment".

Quran (Surah 72: Verse 17)

"Whosoever turns away from My remembrance, his life will be made tight and narrow on the Day of Resurrection We shall raise him blind" Quran (Surah 20: Verse 124)

Allah tells us to remember him no matter what we do whether that be lying or sitting down:

"They are the most wise who remember Allah, standing sitting and lying down"

Quran (Surah 4: Verse 190)

We should remember Allah no matter what we are doing and we should ALWAYS try to keep our tongues moist with his remembrance and glorification.

Here are some VERY quick, easy and rewarding ways of earning good deeds everyday especially easy zikr's:

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50628

In the morning when waking up for tahajjud even if its 20 mins before start of Fajr and then wait until Fajr and pray that and then do ibaadah (worship) until ishraaq(Sunrise) and then pray that Salah and then the breakfast salah(Salaatul Duhaa) and then pray Zuhr with all the sunnah and Nafil and same with Asr and make some time to do ibaadah until Maghrib and read the nafils after that (Salaatul Awabeen) and read isha and all the sunnah and nafil and do zikr (remembrance of Allah) throughout the day, So my Sister if we do all of these things then were are implementing Islam FULLY in our lives and we will be SO SO close to Allah and feel the best feeling in our hearts that we can EVER imagine! We will feel the sweetness of imaan!Oh what a beautiful feeling it is!

My Sister we should try and cry to Allah everyday on our duas and feel him close to us in our hearts!

Please click on the link for a more detailed explanation of the many Nafil Salah which we can pray everyday so we can be the closest to Allah!

VERY Rewarding Nafl Salaahs we can Pray Everyday

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49289

We should cry over our sins and ask of Allah for guidance and help in our lives. We should ALWAYS be in the habit of asking of Allah for EVERYTHING we want in life and the hereafter and always remember others especially our family and parents in our dua's!

We should try to make dua especially in this last portion of the night where duas are more readily accepted. Just like how a mother runs to its baby when its crying then will Allah not swiftly attend to us when we cry to him in dua?

We should have hope of his mercy after sincere repentance and make intention not to repeat the sin again but if we do then we should continue to ask for repentance my Sister because Allah is most merciful and his mercy overcomes his wrath! Allah gets angry at those who do not ask of him and don't hardly make dua to him!

We should ALWAYS make dua for our parents and all of the Muslims. If we make dua for EVERY Muslim person who’s ever lived and every Muslim from now until the last Muslim then we will get the reward for EVERY Muslim we pray for. So that's BILLIONS of good deeds every time we do dua for every Muslim that's ever lived! We need to make a habit of doing this!

Dua is the BEST weapon for a believer but shaythan always tries to make us forget to do dua and makes us lazy in dua. Imagine if we prayed to Allah all the time how much better off we would be in our lives? Dua is a VERY powerful tool if only we knew the value of it!

There are SO many good deeds that if we knew the true value of them we would literally crawl towards them! Just because we do not know the true value that is why we are complacent and lacking in the ability to do good deeds.

We should from now on have FULL hope in him and him ONLY! We should have FULL reliance in him and accept the fact that if he tests us then he is wanting us to be the closest to him and we should bare the test with patience! He ONLY tests those he wants closest to him!

My Sister can you feel in your heart how much you desire to be the closest to Allah? It is because Allah is wanting you to be the closest to him and he is wanting you to desire meeting with him in the next world and he does not want you to waste your life and energies in this world because this world is NOTHING but a deception! This life is a proto-type of the akhirah.

My Sister lets get the hunger for good deeds and making Allah the happiest.

My Sister people spend their whole lives looking for peace and contentment in their hearts and ALL the worldly goods and money have NEVER given them that! Allah says that ONLY with my remembrance will hearts find contentment! So my Sister we have to CONSTANTLY remember him and glorify him!

We need to constantly keep our lips moist from his glorification. Keep a tasbih near to you in your hands ALWAYS because a tasbih is the best reminder for one to do zikr. I find that a metal clicking tasbih is really good and practical to carry ANYWHERE.

My Sister Allah is watching us in our prayers and EVERYTHING that we do so we need to imagine he is watching us because he ACTUALLY is! What an amazing feel that he is watching us pray and glorify him! So will you not desire to meet with him everytime you pray namaz? That is so sacred and the most amazing feeling to meet with ones lord EVERYTIME one prays! Subhanallah!

Let’s make the best of every second we have now and NOT waste it anymore! Let’s learn as much as we can about our beautiful way of life because it is truly amazing and has perfect wisdom in it!

Once we become closest to Allah we will feel more amazing than we have EVER imagined because Allah says that you will NOT find contentment and true happiness in money or anything else but you will ONLY find true contentment and happiness in me and NOTHING else!

So my Sister this is our chance to aim HIGH and gain the HIGHEST positions in paradise! Why settle for the lowest positions? Would you have been satisfied with a third class degree? Sameway why should we settle for the low positions of Jannah? Why not try to gain the high positions? It is possible my sister but we have to put in the effort and when we do i promise you, you will feel more amazing than you have EVER imagined and you will feel true peace and contentment in your heart!

Allah wants you to come closer to him so grab this opportunity and lets keep ourselves strong against the whispers from shaythan who wants our destruction by distracting us with worthless time wasting that will NEVER benefit us but cause our doom!

Allah is beauty itself for he is perfection and the almighty master of the universe and we are is lowly slaves who are insignificant like a speck of dust!

We should make the intention NOW that we will change our lives FOREVER and we go FULLY towards Allah and make our sole purpose and aim in this life to make him the happiest and shun this world which is deception and a jannah for the non believers for this is their temporary bliss and our bliss will be FOREVER in Jannah inshallah.

Life is so uncertain and we can be taken ANY second my dear Sister ands when it is gone then we can't do anything more to please Allah and add to our good deed accounts. We need Allah, he doesn’t need us so lets strive to go towards him FULLY!

We should desire to be the closest to Allah and Allah wants us to be the closest to him because he loves us MUCH MORE THAN WE CAN EVER IMAGINE!

So lets show him how much we love him with action and lets glorify him and thank him day and night because he loves those who thank him constantly and are appreciative of him SO SO much!

Let us make changes to ourselves NOW because we may not live tomorrow! Let's re-evaluate ourselves and realise that we only have ONE purpose and our destination is in the hereafter for our stay in this world is so so short.

Let us spend each day FULL of worship and obedience to him and a life where we will spend it making him the happiest and he will fulfil our needs and give us peace and contentment in our hearts which is the best feeling anyone can EVER imagine!

You have got it in you, just release the determination and give it your all! Don't waste a second more because you have to think to yourself what am i waiting for? You waiting for death to come? Before death comes we have to make preparations and death can arrive at our doorstep ANY second so let us start to make preperations NOW because there may NOT be a tomorrow!

Don't delay it any more sister because NOTHING should stop you now! There is NO time like the present to start! There is NO excuse for delaying it a second more!

The first thing you should do my sister without hesitation start reading namaz and focus totally on Allah as he is in front of you because namaz is a meeting with Allah.

Picture him in front of you ALL the time then your mind won't wonder! You will now start to feel more amazing than you have EVER imagined the closer you get towards Allah! You will feel tranquillity and peace in your heart that you have NEVER felt before and inshallah you will feel contentment which leads to true happiness!

Please ask me anything you want I'm here for you as your brother!

I have pasted some beneficial links for you on various aspects of Islam which i hope you will find VERY useful and beneficial!:

The translation of salat (namaz)- learn what your reading in namaz

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38303

Advice from a sister on hijaab

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39547

The Role of Women in Islamic Society-Very good article by revert sister

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39901

Hijaab and the Freedom of Women

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39857

Very Inspiring Experiences Of Recently Converted Woman

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40169

WOMEN IN ISLAM

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41377

The Best Role Models for All Muslim Women

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41302

[ Every Thing ] About .. " Woman Rights in Islam " ..

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58707

Overcoming tests from Allah

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61961

25 Ways to Deal with Stress and Anxiety VERY GOOD THREAD

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43179

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40459

Signs of Weak Iman and How to Increase It

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/weakimanfix.htm

A party in Paradise, A party in Hellfire

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39698

The Ultimate Motivation for Muslims

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49243

The State of the People of Paradise in this World

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49125

Everything about Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

http://www.mohammad-pbuh.com/

For those wanting to look more into Islam

http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?t=44392

Please remember me in your dua's and ask me ANYTHING you want and i will try my best to always help you as your brother in Islam. Allah Hafiz

Hamza Asadullah
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Also i love this short passage which is very touching, it is called:

Remembering the Destination of Mankind in the Hereafter – a Cure for Weak Iman

by Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

When one’s mind is clear, he will be able to see clearly, thus giving such a person a light in his heart that will allow him to almost witness the Warning and the Promise, Paradise and Hell, and what Allah has prepared in this (Paradise) For His Awliyaa` (loyal friends) and in that (Hell) for His enemies. He will then witness people rushing out of their graves following the call of the Truth (Resurrection). The angels in the heavens will the descend and will surround them (creation). Allah will then come to judge (between creation) and His Kursi (literally a footstool or chair) will be raised. The earth will shine with the Light of its Lord (Allah, when He comes to judge between His creation), the Book (of Records) will be opened and the Prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward. The Mizan (Scale) will then be established, the books of (individual) records will fly around and the foes will converge, each holding to its foe. Al-Houdh (the pool that runs outside the gates of Paradise from a river inside it) will then appear and its cups will appear close by. Thirst will intensify, but those who are allowed to drink are few. Al-Jisr (the bridge over Hell that everyone must pass over into Paradise) will then be laid (over Hell) so that (mankind and the Jinn) can pass over it (as for the disbelievers and those whose sins outweigh their good deeds, they will fall into Hell, where only the disbelievers will reside for eternity). People will then be gathered in its direction. The Fire (Hell) will appear, each part harshly consuming the other parts beneath it. Those who fall into it are far more than those who are saved from it. Then, an eye will be opened in his (the man who is thinking about these scenes) heart with which he will be able to see clearly. His heart will then witness some scenes of the Last Life, along with imagining the various stages of the Last Life which will last for eternity, as compared to this Dunya (the life of this world) and its briefness.

AnonymousPoster
11-08-2009, 02:04 PM
glo
TYPES OF HEART

Just as the heart may be described in terms of being
alive or dead, it may also be regarded as belonging to
one of three types; these are the healthy heart, the dead heart,
and the sick heart.

The Healthy Heart

On the Day of Resurrection, only those who come to Allah
with a healthy heart will be saved. Allah says:

"The day on which neither wealth nor sons will
be of any use,
except for whoever brings to Allah a sound
heart. (26:88-89)"

In defining the healthy heart, the following has been
said: "It is a heart cleansed from any passion that
challenges what Allah commands, or disputes what He forbids. It
is free from any impulses which contradict His good. As a
result, it is safeguarded against the worship of anything other
than Him, and seeks the judgement of no other except that of His
Messenger (saw). Its services are exclusively reserved for
Allah, willingly and lovingly, with total reliance, relating all
matters to Him, in fear, hope and sincere dedication. When it
loves, its love is in the way of Allah. If it detests, it
detests in the lght of what He detests. When it gives, it gives
for Allah. If it witoholds, it withholds for Allah.
Nevertheless, all this will not suffice for its salvation until
it is free from following, or taking as its guide, anyone other
than His Messenger (saw)."

A servant with a healthy heart must dedicate it to its
journey's end and not base his actions and speech on
those of any other person except Allah's Messenger (saw). He
must not give precedence to any other faith or words or deeds
over those of Allah and His Messenger, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace. Allah says:

"Oh you who believe, do not put yourselves above
Allah and His Messenger, but fear Allah, for
Allah is Hearing, Knowing. (49:1)"

The Dead Heart

This is the opposite of the healthy heart. It does not
know its Lord and does not worship Him as He commands,
in the way which He likes, and with which He is pleased. It
clings instead to its lusts and desires, even if these are
likely to incur Allah's displeasure and wrath. It worships
things other than Allah, and its loves and its hatreds, and its
giving and its withholding, arise from its whims, which are of
paramount importance to it and preferred above the pleasure of
Allah. Its whims are its imam. Its lust is its guide. Its
ignorance is its leader. Its crude impulses are its impetus. It
is immersed in its concern with worldly objectives. It is drunk
with its own fancies and its love for hasty, fleeting pleasures.
It is called to Allah and the akhira from a distance but it does
not respond to advice, and instead it follows any scheming,
cunning shayton. Life angers and pleases it, and passion makes
it deaf and blind (1) to anything except what is evil.

To associate and keep company with the owner of such a
heart is to tempt illness: living with him is like
taking poison, and befriending him means utter destruction.

The Sick Heart

Thisi s a heart with life in it, as well as illness. The
former sustains it at one moment, the latter at another,
and it follows whichever one of the two manages to dominate it.
It has love for Allah, faith in Him, sincerity towards Him, and
reliance upon Him, and these are what give it life. It also has
a craving for lust and pleasure, and prefers them and strives to
experience them. It is full of self-admiration, which can lead
to its own destruction. It listens to two callers: one calling
it to Allah and His Prophet (saw) and the akhira; and the other
calling it to the fleeting pleasures of this world. It responds
to whichever one of the two happens to have most influence over
it at the time.

The first heart is alive, submitted to Allah, humble,
sensitive and aware; the second is brittle and dead; the
third wavers between either its safety or its ruin.

Notes:

1. It has been related on the authority of Abu'd-Darda' that the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,
said, "Your love for something that makes you blind and deaf."
Abu Daw'ud, al-Adab, 14/38; Ahmad, al-Musnad, 5/194. The hadith
is classified as hasan.

tresbien
11-08-2009, 02:07 PM
May ALLAH GUIDE US

AnonymousPoster
11-08-2009, 02:08 PM
glo

(The hearts are four (types): polished as shiny as the radiating lamp, a sealed heart with a knot tied around its seal, a heart that is turned upside down and a wrapped heart. As for the polished heart, it is the heart of the believer and the lamp is the light of faith. The sealed heart is the heart of the disbeliever. The heart that is turned upside down is the heart of the pure hypocrite, because he had knowledge but denied it. As for the wrapped heart, it is a heart that contains belief and hypocrisy. The example of faith in this heart, is the example of the herb that is sustained by pure water. The example of hypocrisy in it, is the example of an ulcer that thrives on puss and blood. Whichever of the two substances has the upper hand, it will have the upper hand on that heart). This Hadith has a Jayid Hasan (good) chain of narration.

AlHoda
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
glo
TYPES OF HEART

Just as the heart may be described in terms of being
alive or dead, it may also be regarded as belonging to
one of three types; these are the healthy heart, the dead heart,
and the sick heart.

The Healthy Heart

On the Day of Resurrection, only those who come to Allah
with a healthy heart will be saved. Allah says:

"The day on which neither wealth nor sons will
be of any use,
except for whoever brings to Allah a sound
heart. (26:88-89)"

In defining the healthy heart, the following has been
said: "It is a heart cleansed from any passion that
challenges what Allah commands, or disputes what He forbids. It
is free from any impulses which contradict His good. As a
result, it is safeguarded against the worship of anything other
than Him, and seeks the judgement of no other except that of His
Messenger (saw). Its services are exclusively reserved for
Allah, willingly and lovingly, with total reliance, relating all
matters to Him, in fear, hope and sincere dedication. When it
loves, its love is in the way of Allah. If it detests, it
detests in the lght of what He detests. When it gives, it gives
for Allah. If it witoholds, it withholds for Allah.
Nevertheless, all this will not suffice for its salvation until
it is free from following, or taking as its guide, anyone other
than His Messenger (saw)."

A servant with a healthy heart must dedicate it to its
journey's end and not base his actions and speech on
those of any other person except Allah's Messenger (saw). He
must not give precedence to any other faith or words or deeds
over those of Allah and His Messenger, may Allah bless him and
grant him peace. Allah says:

"Oh you who believe, do not put yourselves above
Allah and His Messenger, but fear Allah, for
Allah is Hearing, Knowing. (49:1)"

The Dead Heart

This is the opposite of the healthy heart. It does not
know its Lord and does not worship Him as He commands,
in the way which He likes, and with which He is pleased. It
clings instead to its lusts and desires, even if these are
likely to incur Allah's displeasure and wrath. It worships
things other than Allah, and its loves and its hatreds, and its
giving and its withholding, arise from its whims, which are of
paramount importance to it and preferred above the pleasure of
Allah. Its whims are its imam. Its lust is its guide. Its
ignorance is its leader. Its crude impulses are its impetus. It
is immersed in its concern with worldly objectives. It is drunk
with its own fancies and its love for hasty, fleeting pleasures.
It is called to Allah and the akhira from a distance but it does
not respond to advice, and instead it follows any scheming,
cunning shayton. Life angers and pleases it, and passion makes
it deaf and blind (1) to anything except what is evil.

To associate and keep company with the owner of such a
heart is to tempt illness: living with him is like
taking poison, and befriending him means utter destruction.

The Sick Heart

Thisi s a heart with life in it, as well as illness. The
former sustains it at one moment, the latter at another,
and it follows whichever one of the two manages to dominate it.
It has love for Allah, faith in Him, sincerity towards Him, and
reliance upon Him, and these are what give it life. It also has
a craving for lust and pleasure, and prefers them and strives to
experience them. It is full of self-admiration, which can lead
to its own destruction. It listens to two callers: one calling
it to Allah and His Prophet (saw) and the akhira; and the other
calling it to the fleeting pleasures of this world. It responds
to whichever one of the two happens to have most influence over
it at the time.

The first heart is alive, submitted to Allah, humble,
sensitive and aware; the second is brittle and dead; the
third wavers between either its safety or its ruin.

Notes:

1. It has been related on the authority of Abu'd-Darda' that the
Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,
said, "Your love for something that makes you blind and deaf."
Abu Daw'ud, al-Adab, 14/38; Ahmad, al-Musnad, 5/194. The hadith
is classified as hasan.
How do I heal a sick heart?

Woodrow
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Ask your self as to what is the reason you have not given up? If you had truly succumbed to your doubts, you would never even question them. Something is keeping you from letting your doubts control you. That little something just may be a spark of faith, seek to fan the spark and it will grow into a warming blaze.

Woodrow
11-09-2009, 02:52 PM
How do I heal a sick heart?
Through exercise. Make Du'a for others. begin all things with Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem. Do and think and speak all things with a concentrated effort to Please and serve Allaah(swt)

MuslimCONVERT
11-09-2009, 03:01 PM
What is there to doubt in this religion? Just make a lot of Dhikr and astaghfar. Remember that there is nothing to doubt. Rasulullah [saas] said in a hadith, "This religion is indeed sound. Examine it as you like, but gently, you will find no crookedness therein."

Is there a reason to doubt Islam? If there are actual reasons causing you to doubt then it probably relates to a musinderstanding. so research and ask people of knowledge, and if you cant leave your house then email a sheikh, or there are some shows that are like, "ask the scholar" where we can call in and ask them questions...

But if it is non-specific doubt, just doubt, then just remember there is no reason to doubt and you are probably just giving a minor thought a little too much power!

:-)

Salaam, and may Allah [swt] give you yaqeen.

zircon
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Salam,
never despair from Allah's mercy..this is only a trial and Allah will test every one of us to see whether or not our faith for him is true and genuine:) let's frustrate syaitan (devil) lol. And hang on, sis. There's big reward for those who are patient in striving in His way:)

On how to heal with the sick heart.. purify it with Qur'an.. Even if you don't read it, listen to it. There's wallahi a lot of wonderful audio for Qur'anic recitation available on the internet and you can find recitation from Qari that you would enjoy listening to. Other than that, read some good articles related to iman etc, there's a lot of them on the internet. Maybe i can recommend you lectures/articles by Amr Khaled? Here's the link: http://amrkhaled.net/intro/

There's one hadith i'd like to share:

إن للشيطان لمة بابن آدم, وللملك لمة: فأما لمة الشيطان فايْعاد بالشر, وتكذيب بالحق, وأما لمة الملك فايْعاد بالخير وتصديق بالحق, فمن وجد من ذلك شيئا فليعلم أنه من الله, ومن وجد الأخرى فليتعوذ من الشيطان, ثم قرأ: الشَّيْطَانُ يَعِدُكُمُ الْفَقْرَ وَيَأْمُرُكُم بِالْفَحْشَاء وَاللّهُ يَعِدُكُم مَّغْفِرَةً مِّنْهُ وَفَضْلاً وَاللّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ." (سورة البقرة - اية 268)

اللمة هي الخطرة بالقلب, وتكون لمة الشيطان بوسوسته للإنسان بالسؤ, ولمة الملك بايحائه بالخير.
.والحديث أخرجه الترميذي وقال عنه: حسن غريب, والنسائي وابن حبان عن ابن مسعود - انظر: فيض القدير للمناوي ج. 2 ص. 449

Last but not least, know that all these doubts in you are nothing more than Syaitan's game/whisper. Read the last 3 Surah from Qur'an a lot (صورة الإخلاص, صورة الفلق, صورة الناس). May Allah be with you dear^^

OurIslamic
11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Perservere through your troubles sister! Keep it up!:D

Muslim Woman
11-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I dont want to be a kaffir!:cry:

that's good. Don't take other deity besides God and InshaAllah u will be safe :)

IAmZamzam
11-10-2009, 04:04 AM
AlHoda, I'm a da'i (only a few years, relatively little knowledge compared to some as yet, but I've got by like Rocky with raw skill). My father is also a top notch psychiatrist and I could ask him the odd question too if necessary. My e-mail address is fadetoyellow@graffiti.net. You may also, of course, talk to me here.

To start with: remember, AlHoda, when you're going through the Koran seeing the descriptions of hell you speak of, that you might want to flip through to those passages describing how those in Paradise are those who feared hellfire in life. Maybe you could follow that up, feeling rightly justified, by reading the descriptions of Paradise.

Hamza Asadullah
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
The State of the People of Paradise in this World

The Beautiful Lives of Believers in this World

The Qur'an promises believers the joy of an endless reward and eternal happiness. But one point often escapes attention: This good news, extending in endless time and into endless beauty, has already started for believers in this world, for since they have been promised Paradise in the world to come, they will be blessed in this world by Allah's grace and generosity. The Qur'an also says that believers who do good works will be given a good life in this world as well:

Anyone who acts rightly, male or female, being a believer, We will give them a good life and We will recompense them according to the best of what they did. (Surat an-Nahl: 97)

In several places, the Qur'an proclaims that the good news announced in the verse above will be enjoyed by all sincere believers, the Prophets being the foremost among believers. For example, our Prophet (saas), who was given the good tidings of the highest ranks of Paradise in the Qur'an, was someone whom Allah made rich in this life: "Did He not find you impoverished and enrich you?" (Surat ad-Duha, 8). In addition, the Qur'an mentions the riches and possessions given to Prophets Dawud (as), Sulayman (as), Ibrahim (as), and Dhu'l Qarnayn (as) several times.

Giving blessings and beauty in this world as a reward and encouragement, as well as an indication to sincere believers of our Lord's grace and favor, is one of Allah's unchanging laws. Since wealth, splendor, and beauty are Paradise's most basic characteristics, Allah creates similar blessings here to remind His chosen servants of Paradise and to increase their ardor and desire to attain it. Therefore, just as unbelievers already begin their eternal anguish in this world, sincere believers begin to see the eternal beauty promised to them.

Believers live far from every spiritual anxiety and sorrow, because they remain in the awareness of Allah, Who created them, and so conform to His commands and prohibitions; because they live according to Islam, the religion that Allah was pleased to choose for humanity; and, most importantly, because they nurture hope and great expectations for the life to come. Above all, our Lord's assistance and support is with them, for: "Allah sent down His serenity on His Messenger and on the believers" (Surat at-Tawba, 26). Believers find a sense of comfort in the knowledge that Allah sees them in every prayer they observe, in every faithful work they perform, and in everything they do, both great and small, to gain His good pleasure. In addition, they also know that angels record their deeds in books and that they will be rewarded in the afterlife for what they have done. This is the sense of security that comes from their knowledge that Allah supports them with unseen hosts and angels, that they have a "succession of angels in front of them and behind them, in order to "guard them by Allah's command" (Surat ar-Ra'd, 11), that they will overcome the challenges they will face in Allah's way, and that they always have the joyful promise of Paradise. So, sincere believers, according to what Allah revealed to the angels, will never be overcome with fear or excitement, for: "I am with you, so make those who have faith firm" (Surat an-Anfal, 12).

The Qur'an says that believers are "those who say: 'Our Lord is Allah,' and then go straight" (Surah Fussilat, 30). The angels descend on them and say: "Do not fear and do not grieve, but receive the glad tidings of Paradise you have been promised" (Surah Fussilat, 30). It also says that believers know that Allah "imposes on no self any more than it can bear" (Surat al-A'raf, 42).

They have a firm belief in destiny and that Allah makes and accomplishes everything. Thus they accept everything that happens to them as being from Allah, as the following verse says: "Nothing can happen to us except what Allah has ordained for us" (Surat at-Tawba, 51). Since they seek to please Allah, saying: "Allah is enough for us and the Best of Guardians" (Surah Al 'Imran, 173-174), no evil thing will touch them.

But because this world is a place of testing, believers will face difficulties, such as hunger, illness, and sleeplessness, an accident or material loss. They may go through even more difficulties and trials, such as those of poverty and constraint, as indicated in the following verse:

Or did you suppose that you would enter Paradise without facing the same as those who came before you? Poverty and illness afflicted them, and they were shaken to the point that the Messenger and those who had faith with him said: "When is Allah's help coming?" Be assured that Allah's help is very near. (Surat al-Baqara, 214)

Such trials did not sway the Prophets and the believers from their firm faith in our Lord, or from their determination to put the Qur'an's verses into practice. At the end of the verse, Allah promises believers that His assistance is already very near to them. In another verse, He states that:

Allah will give security, in their victorious Safe Haven, to those who had fear. No evil will touch them, and they will know no sorrow. (Surat az-Zumar, 61)

All believers know that difficulties are created to test their faith, and that if they are patient and submissive, these difficulties will be great opportunities for them to mature spiritually. In addition, these trials will become the source of their eternal reward in the afterlife. For this reason, they will submit to these difficulties and retain their well-being, happiness, or joy. These anxieties will not upset their spiritual balance or adversely affect their perception or determination. In fact, their enthusiasm will continue to grow, because they know that they will receive the reward for their patience and submission in His Presence.

For unbelievers, the situation is just the opposite. Those who deny the Qur'an suffer spiritual anguish in addition to the physical pain that they endure in this earthly life. The fear, sorrow, hopelessness, tension, pessimism, and other negative feelings that they experience here are just the beginning of the anguish they will suffer in Hell. Allah describes these people in the following verse:

When Allah desires to guide someone, He expands his breast to Islam. When He desires to misguide someone, He makes his breast narrow and constricted, as if he were climbing up into the sky. That is how Allah defiles those who do not believe. (Surat al-An'am, 125)

Allah reveals that He wills to forgive the sins and errors of those who stand in awe and reverence of His Glory, that He will reward His faithful and repentant servants with the finest blessings in this earthly life, and that they will find favor with Him. As we read in the Qur'an:

Ask your Lord for forgiveness, and then turn toward Him in repentance. He will let you enjoy a good life until a specified time, and will give His Favor to all who merit it. But if you turn your backs, I fear for you the punishment of a Mighty Day. (Surah Hud, 3)

In other words, seeking Allah's forgiveness and turning to Him in repentance are duties enjoined upon all faithful Muslims. These attitudes show that believers are aware of how helpless and weak they are before Allah, for they know their errors and shortcomings and are aware that they can make mistakes. Therefore, they desire Allah's mercy. As our Lord has said, He rewards such people here for their fine morality and gives them a good life until they die. In another verse, He describes the believers' earthly life in this way:

When those who have fear of Allah are asked, "What has your Lord sent down?" their reply is, "Good!" There is good in this world for those who do good, and the abode of the hereafter is even better. How wonderful is the abode of those who guard against evil. (Surat an-Nahl, 30)

When all of this life's beauties are compared with the land to come, they become completely valueless. Therefore, if a goal is to be chosen, it can only be the life of the world to come. Allah increases the blessings of those believers who, already in this world, have set their hearts on the life to come.

In their prayers, believers pray for the world to come and ask Allah for blessings and good in this life. Examples of such prayers are given in the following verses:

When you have completed your rites, remember Allah as you used to remember your forefathers - or even more. Some people say: "Our Lord, give us good in this world." They will have no share in the hereafter. Others say: "Our Lord, give us good in this world and good in the hereafter, and safeguard us from the punishment of the Fire." They will have a good share from what they have earned. Allah is swift at reckoning. (Surat al-Baqara, 200-202)

In the Qur'an, those faithful servants of Allah who sincerely believe in Him are said to be made heirs of this world. Surely His promise is true and will come to pass. One verse states:

Allah has promised those of you who believe and do right actions that He will make them successors in the land, as He made those before them successors; (that He) will firmly establish for them their religion (Islam), which He is pleased to give them; and, in place of their fear, security. "They worship Me, not associating anything with Me." As for those who do not believe after that, such people are deviators. (Surat an-Nur, 55)

Source: The State of the People of Paradise in this World - IslamCan.com[/QUOTE]

Flashdash
11-10-2009, 01:13 PM
i think u are letting the satan gets into u
in my opinin u should read Qur'an and pray more

CuteStuff
11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Im losing faith in islam too. I dont even understand the principals in certain things such as:

If Allah knows everythin - he knows if we will go to heaven / hell the day we are created even though it is based on our actions .. i think this is not fair.

Secondly, why do we have to fear allah - please dont say its the same principal as lovin and fearing our parents - becoz that defeats the whole object of their being a god.

finally i dont understand why we have to constantly beg in our duas for something to come true.

CuteStuff
11-11-2009, 03:41 PM
or then everything cannot be pre-destined - as dua can change quadr?

tresbien
11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
cute stuff
One must believe in two things:

1 – That Allaah, may He be exalted, is the Creator of all things, and nothing happens in the universe except by His will. He knows what is to come and He decreed all of that and wrote it in a Book fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth, as is stated in a saheeh report from our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He is Just and does not wrong anyone in the slightest, because He is independent of His creation and has no need of them. He is Kind and Gracious to them constantly, so how could He wrong them?

This principle is indicated by a great deal of evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, such as the verses in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, We have created all things with Qadar (Divine Preordainments of all things before their creation as written in the Book of Decrees ___ Al‑Lawh Al‑Mahfooz)”

[al-Qamar 54:49]

“No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al‑Lawh Al‑Mahfooz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allaah”

[al-Hadeed 57:22].

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah decided the decrees of creation fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth. He said: And His Throne is above the water.” Narrated by Muslim (2653).

2 – Man has free will and choice by means of which he does some things and refrains from others, and he believes or disbelieves, and he obeys or disobeys, for which he will be brought to account and rewarded or punished, although Allaah knows what he will do, what he will choose and what his ultimate destiny will be. But Allaah does not compel him to do evil, or to choose kufr, rather He clearly shows him the path and He has sent Messengers and revealed Books, and shown him the right way. Whoever goes astray does so to his own loss,.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And say: ‘The truth is from your Lord.’ Then whosoever wills, let him believe; and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve”

[al-Kahf 18:29]

“Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful”

[al-Insaan 76:3]

“So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant) shall see it.

8. And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant) shall see it”

[al-Zalzalah 99:7,8]

“And it will be cried out to them: ‘This is the Paradise which you have inherited for what you used to do’”

[al-A’raaf 7:43]

“so taste you the abiding torment for what you used to do”

[al-Sajdah 32:14]

Allaah tells us that man believes and does righteous deeds by his own choice and free will, then he enters Paradise, or he disbelieves and does evil deeds by his own choice and free will, then he enters Hell.

Every person knows in his own heart and by looking at those around him, that our deeds – good and evil, obedient and sinful – are done by our own choice, and we do not feel that there is any force compelling us to do them. You can curse, swear, lie and backbite, just as you can praise Allaah, glorify Him, pray for forgiveness, speak the truth and give sincere advice. You can walk to places of idle entertainment, falsehood and evil, just as you can walk to the mosques or places of goodness and obedience. A man can strike with his hand, steal, speak falsehood and betray, or he can help the needy, do good and do favours with his hands. Everyone does some of these deeds and he does not feel that he is compelled or forced, rather he does them by his own free will and then he will be called to account for them; if they were good, then the consequences will be good, and if they were bad then the consequences will be bad.

What Allaah has decreed is something that man cannot know and he cannot base his deeds on it or use it as an excuse. It is also not valid for him to object to his Lord by questioning why He has caused someone to be among the doomed or the blessed. Allaah has not wronged the one who is doomed, rather He gave him time and ability and freedom of choice, and He sent to him Messengers and revealed Books to them, and He reminded him and warned him with all kinds of reminders, such as calamities and tests, so that he would repent to Him and turn to Him. If he chose the path of misguidance, and followed the way of criminals, he only harmed himself, and he is the one who has caused his own doom, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Indeed he succeeds who purifies his ownself (i.e. obeys and performs all that Allaah ordered, by following the true Faith of Islamic Monotheism and by doing righteous good deeds).

10. And indeed he fails who corrupts his ownself (i.e. disobeys what Allaah has ordered by rejecting the true Faith of Islamic Monotheism or by following polytheism, or by doing every kind of evil wicked deeds)”

[al-Shams 91:9, 10]

“Allaah wronged them not, but they wronged themselves”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:117]

“Has not the story reached them of those before them? — The people of Nooh (Noah), ‘Aad, and Thamood, the people of Ibraaheem (Abraham), the dwellers of Madyan (Midian) and the cities overthrown [i.e. the people to whom Loot (Lot) preached]; to them came their Messengers with clear proofs. So it was not Allaah Who wronged them, but they used to wrong themselves”

[al-Tawbah 9:70]

To sum up: the belief that Allaah is the Creator Who has decreed all things and has distinguished those who are blessed from those who are doomed, does not mean that Allaah forces His slaves to obey or disobey. Rather He has given them the ability to choose and free will, which is what they act upon, and for which they will be brought to account. Your Lord does not wrong His slaves.

tresbien
11-11-2009, 08:44 PM
raise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Knowledge of the purpose for which Allaah created mankind may answer many questions that the atheists raise in order to confuse people, and by which some Muslims may be influenced. These issues include the idea that Allaah created mankind in order to put some of them in Paradise and the others in Hell! This is a mistaken notion. It is not for this purpose that Allaah created mankind and brought them into being.

The brother who asked this question – and whoever wants to know the truth – should realize that the purpose behind the creation of man and the creation of heaven and earth, is that Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, may be known and that His Oneness (Tawheed) may be affirmed and that He may be obeyed.

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

i.e., I have only created them so that I might command them to worship Me, not because I am in need of them.

‘Ali ibn Abi Talhah said, narrating from Ibn ‘Abbaas: “except that they should worship Me (Alone)” means: except that they should affirm their servitude to Me, willingly or unwillingly.

This was the view favoured by Ibn Jareer.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer (4/239).

Many people are confused about what is wanted from the slaves of Allaah, which is adhering to His religion which He has chosen for them, and what is wanted for them, which is rewarding the obedient and punishing the disobedient. This is part of Allaah’s decree which will never be altered or changed.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

As for the truth which is the purpose for which He created them – i.e., the heavens and the earth and everything in between them – it is a twofold aim: what is wanted from His slaves and what is wanted for them.

What He wants from them: is that they should know Allaah and the attributes of His perfection, may He be glorified and exalted, and they should worship Him alone and not associate anything with Him, so He alone will be their God, the One Whom they worship and obey and love. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is Allaah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven). His Command descends between them (heavens and earth), that you may know that Allaah has power over all things, and that Allaah surrounds all things in (His) Knowledge”

[al-Talaaq 65:12].

He told us that he created the universe so that His slaves might know the perfection of His power, the all-encompassing nature of His knowledge, which requires knowing Him and His names and attributes, and affirming His oneness.

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”

[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56].

This purpose is what is wanted from His slaves, which is that they should know their Lord and worship Him alone.

As for what is wanted for them, it is recompense on the basis of justice and divine grace, reward and punishment. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And to Allaah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, that He may requite those who do evil with that which they have done (i.e. punish them in Hell), and reward those who do good, with what is best (i.e. Paradise)”

[al-Najm 5 :31]

“Verily, the Hour is coming __ and I am almost hiding it __that every person may be rewarded for that which he strives”

[Ta-Ha 20:15]

“In order that He may make manifest to them the truth of that wherein they differ, and that those who disbelieved (in Resurrection, and in the Oneness of Allaah) may know that they were liars”

[al-Nahl 16:39]

“Surely, your Lord is Allaah Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and then rose over (Istawâ) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty), disposing the affair of all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His Leave. That is Allaah, your Lord; so worship Him (Alone). Then, will you not remember? 4. To Him is the return of all of you. The Promise of Allaah is true. It is He Who begins the creation and then will repeat it, that He may reward with justice those who believed and did deeds of righteousness. But those who disbelieved will have a drink of boiling fluids and painful torment because they used to disbelieve”

[Yoonus 10:3, 4].

Badaa’i’ al-Fawaa’id (4/971).

For more information on the wisdom behind the creation of mankind, please see the answer to question no. 45529.

Secondly:

Allaah does not admit people to Paradise or Hell simply because He knows that they deserve that, rather He will admit them to Paradise or Hell on the basis of the deeds that they actually did in this world. If Allaah created mankind and put them in His Hell, they would soon argue that He did not test them or give them the chance to strive. Allaah wanted to refute this argument, so He created them in this world and gave them reason, and revealed His Books, and sent His Messengers; all of that is so that they will have no argument against Allaah on the Day of Resurrection.

“Messengers as bearers of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against Allaah after the (coming of) Messengers. And Allaah is Ever All‑Powerful, All‑Wise”

[al-Nisa’ 4:165].

Shaykh Muhammad al-Ameen al-Shanqeeti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In this aayah it clearly states that it is essential to leave no excuse for anyone, by sending the Messengers who give glad tidings of Paradise to those who obey them and give warning of Hell to those who disobey them.

This excuse is completely ruled out here by the sending of the Messengers with glad tidings and warnings, as is stated at the end of Soorah Ta-Ha where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And if We had destroyed them with a torment before this (i.e. Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and the Qur’aan), they would surely, have said: ‘Our Lord! If only You had sent us a Messenger, we should certainly have followed Your Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), before we were humiliated and disgraced’” [Ta-Ha 20:134].

It is also referred to in Soorah al-Qasas where Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if (We had) not (sent you to the people of Makkah) __ in case a calamity should seize them for (the deeds) that their hands have sent forth, they would have said: ‘Our Lord! Why did You not send us a Messenger? We would then have followed Your Ayaat (Verses of the Qur’aan) and would have been among the believers’”

[al-Qasas 28:47].

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“This is because your Lord would not destroy the (populations of) towns for their wrongdoing (i.e. associating others in worship along with Allaah) while their people were unaware (so the Messengers were sent)”

[al-An’aam 6:131]

“O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) making (things) clear unto you, after a break in (the series of) Messengers, lest you say: ‘There came unto us no bringer of glad tidings and no warner.’ But now has come unto you a bringer of glad tidings and a warner”

[al-Maa’idah 5:19]

“And this is a blessed Book (the Qur’aan) which We have sent down, so follow it and fear Allaah (i.e. do not disobey His Orders), that you may receive mercy (i.e. saved from the torment of Hell).

156. Lest you (pagan Arabs) should say: “The Book was sent down only to two sects before us (the Jews and the Christians), and for our part, we were in fact unaware of what they studied.”

157. Or lest you (pagan Arabs) should say: “If only the Book had been sent down to us, we would surely, have been better guided than they (Jews and Christians).” So now has come unto you a clear proof (the Qur’aan) from your Lord, and a guidance and a mercy”

[al-An’aam 6:155-157]

And there are other similar verses.

It is clear from these and other aayahs of the Qur’aan that Allaah does not punish anyone except after warning and leaving no excuse on the lips of the Messengers (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them). Allaah clearly states in many aayahs that he does not admit anyone to Hell except after leaving no excuse and warning on the lips of the Messengers, for example He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Every time a group is cast therein, its keeper will ask: ‘Did no warner come to you?’

9. They will say: ‘Yes, indeed a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: “‘Allaah never sent down anything (of Revelation)”’”

[al-Mulk 67:8]

It is well known that the words of Allaah “Every time a group is cast therein” includes all the groups who will be thrown into it.

Abu Hayyaan said in al-Bahr al-Muheet, commenting on the aayah under discussion: [The word] kullama (“every time”) indicates a general meaning encompassing every time throwing is done, so it includes all those who are thrown in.

Another example is the aayah in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups till when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened (suddenly like a prison at the arrival of the prisoners). And its keepers will say: ‘Did not the Messengers come to you from yourselves, reciting to you the Verses of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of this Day of yours?’ They will say: ‘Yes,’ but the Word of torment has been justified against the disbelievers!”

[al-Zumar 39:71].

The words “And those who disbelieved will be driven” are general in meaning and include all the kuffaar.

The words “And those who disbelieved will be driven… They will say: ‘Yes…’ ” are general in meaning and include all the kuffaar. This clearly shows that the all the people of Hell will have been warned by their Messengers in this world, but they disobeyed the command of their Lord, as is clear.

Adwa’ al-Bayaan (3/66, 67)

We believe that knowing the purpose for which Allaah created mankind, and knowing that Allaah will not punish anyone according to what He knows about them, rather it will be recompense for his deeds in this world, and therefore he will not have any excuse before Allaah – this is the answer to the confusion mentioned in the question.

Secondly:

With regard to the question of why Iblees was sent down to earth with Adam and his progeny, the difference between Adam’s coming down and that of Iblees is that when Adam (peace be upon him) was sent down to earth he had repented to Allaah, so Allaah accepted his repentance and guided him, and sent him down to this earth as an honoured Prophet who had been forgiven, and he was to remain in this world until the appointed time that Allaah has decreed for him.

As for the enemy of Allaah Iblees, he did not repent at all or regret his sin, or turn back; he has no hope of repentance and never tried to repent. Rather he was stubborn and arrogant, and he overstepped the mark and disbelieved. But he asked Allaah not to hasten his doom and punishment, but rather to delay that until the Day of the appointed time. He did not ask for that so that he would have the opportunity to repent, rather it was so that he could persist in following the path of doom, and take the misguided people to Hell with him. He came down as a leader of his party, the losing party of the shaytaan, so that Allaah’s wisdom concerning His creation might be fulfilled, and so that He might test them: will they obey Him or will they obey His enemy?, and so that the ultimate doom will be the share of this accursed enemy, because of his stubbornness and evildoing, and he deserves to be a loser.

And Allaah knows best.”

The one who turns away from the commands and prohibitions, promises and warnings, and focuses only on the divine decree has gone astray, and the one who strives to follow the commands and prohibitions and ignores the divine decree has gone astray. Rather the believer is as Allaah says: “You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)” [al-Faatihah 1:5], so we worship Him by following the command, and we seek His help on the basis our belief in the divine decree. End quote.

Muqtatafaat min Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (8/66 ff).
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/123973

tresbien
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Nothing exists except by the will and decree of Allaah, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“No calamity befalls on the earth or in yourselves but it is inscribed in the Book of Decrees (Al Lawh Al Mahfooz) before We bring it into existence. Verily, that is easy for Allaah”

[al-Hadeed 57:22]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.” Narrated and classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi (2516), from the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas.

Al-Mubaarakfoori said:

“The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried” means, What has been decreed has been written in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Book of Decrees), and nothing else will be written after that is finished.

Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 7/186

The writing is of two types: one kind which cannot be altered or changed, which is what is in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz, and a type which may be altered or changed, which is in the hands of the angels. And the ultimate outcome is what is written in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz. This is one of the meanings of the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills). And with Him is the Mother of the Book (Al Lawh Al Mahfooz)”

[al-Ra’d 13:39]

Hence we can understand what was narrated in the Sunnah, that upholding family ties increases one’s lifespan or increases one’s provision; or that du’aa’ can alter the divine decree. For Allaah knows whether His slave will uphold the ties of kinship or make du’aa’, so He writes in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz that this person will have more provision or a longer life span.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah was asked:

Can provision increase or decrease? Is provision what a person eats or possesses?

He replied:

Provision is of two types:

1 – That which Allaah knows He will provide, which cannot be changed.

2 – That which He has prescribed and told to the angels. This may increase or decrease depending on causes. If Allaah commands the angels to write provision for a person if he upholds the ties of kinship, Allaah will increase his provision because of that. It was proven in al-Saheeh that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever would like his provision to be increased and his life span to be extended, let him uphold the ties of kinship.” Similarly the life span of Dawood was extended by sixty years and Allaah made it one hundred years, after it was originally forty. This is as ‘Umar said: “O Allaah, if you have decreed that I am to be doomed, then erase that and make me one of those who are to be blessed, because You blot out whatever You will and confirm whatever You will.” Similarly Allaah said of Nooh (interpretation of the meaning):

“That you should worship Allaah (Alone), fear (be dutiful to) Him, and obey me,

He (Allaah) will forgive you of your sins and respite you to an appointed term”

[Nooh 71:3-4]

And there is a great deal of corroborating evidence. The means of acquiring provision comes under the heading of that which Allaah has decreed. If it has been decreed that a person will earn his provision by means of his work and efforts, then Allaah will cause him to work and strive, and that which is decreed for him by means of his work will not come to him without him working to earn it. And what has been decreed for him without his having to earn it, such as an inheritance, will come to him without him working for it.

Work or striving is of two types: striving in work for the sake of earning a living, such as industry, farming and business; and striving in du’a’, putting one's trust in Allaah, treating others kindly, and so on. Allaah will help His slave so long as His slave helps his brother.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 8/540, 541 .
Islam Q&A

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.