/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Replies to threads being approved by moderators before posting?

Insaanah
11-07-2009, 07:16 PM
:sl:

I posted on two threads today, the Leave Sectarianism one (under Methodology), and Question about prayer (under Discover Islam). A message came up saying that my reply would be posted after approval by one of the moderators. I've never seen that message come up before. The leave sectarianism reply was a few hours ago. But this does not happen with all my replies, some threads were fine. Just as a guide, are there certain threads for which replies must be approved by a moderator before posting, and roughly how long does it take for the replies to be posted?

Jazaakallah khair in advance for your help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
In some areas new threads have to be approved by the mods, in others every post.
It is just to ensure that nothing inappropriate is posted.

In some areas no approval is required.

Danah
11-07-2009, 07:27 PM
^ she said it all

it depends on the place
I wonder if we can have a list of where posts/threads most be approved and where they are not since the forum is getting bigger mashaAllah

Caller الداعي
11-07-2009, 07:29 PM
ive also experienced da same pwablam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Especially in the "new muslim" section or "learn about Islam" categories, replies and threads need to be moderated since those are very fragile topics.

Woodrow
11-08-2009, 01:17 AM
To be honest it is almost easier to list the sections that do not need mod approval. I will try to compile a list of those. There may already be a listing in the announcements.

We really do not like having to require approval, but as the forum grows, the more the need increases. Those who saw the troll attack the other day, can get some idea as to what happens if everybody had the ability to post everyplace without approval. The attack would have been much more visible to the members if some of the section did not need approval. While we do trust and have respect for our members, it only takes one outside person filled with hate to turn the forum into shambles in a matter of seconds. These moderated section minimize the possibility plus also assure that threads are in the most appropriate section.

Insaanah
11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
To be honest it is almost easier to list the sections that do not need mod approval. I will try to compile a list of those. There may already be a listing in the announcements.

We really do not like having to require approval, but as the forum grows, the more the need increases. Those who saw the troll attack the other day, can get some idea as to what happens if everybody had the ability to post everyplace without approval. The attack would have been much more visible to the members if some of the section did not need approval. While we do trust and have respect for our members, it only takes one outside person filled with hate to turn the forum into shambles in a matter of seconds. These moderated section minimize the possibility plus also assure that threads are in the most appropriate section.

Thank you for your reply. I had no idea what a troll attack is :embarrass so I've just been googling it! That's absolutely the right thing to do, so I won't worry about it in future. Jazaakallah khair.

OurIslamic
11-15-2009, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan

Thank you for your reply. I had no idea what a troll attack is :embarrass so I've just been googling it! That's absolutely the right thing to do, so I won't worry about it in future. Jazaakallah khair.

We had an attack in late october or early november...it wasn't good :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.