/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you value your reputation power/points?

Beardo
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Comments welcome below :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
11-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Yes Benevolent General Rashad sir! Yes Sir!

Insaanah
11-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Hmmm...our true reputation, is the one we have in the eyes of Allah. Our true rep power and influencing power is that of giving da'wah to people, should we choose to use it. :)

Beardo
11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insane Insaan
Hmmm...our true reputation, is the one we have in the eyes of Allah. Our true rep power and influencing power is that of giving da'wah to people, should we choose to use it. :)
I take the reputations as an evaluator. If I put up a quality post, I receive some reps. If I put up a quality post that is hollow of benefits, I receive no or negative reps. It's my way of evaluating myself on IslamicBoard as to how I should approach people while giving Da'wah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
11-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Not the number of points but the comments I got itself
some are really appreciated by those who made them. A good way of positive criticism.

so I can't vote since the poll is all about the power not the comments

Amadeus85
11-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes I value, I got negative point just two times during my time on LI and I couldnt sleep a night then.

Insaanah
11-08-2009, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I take the reputations as an evaluator. If I put up a quality post, I receive some reps. If I put up a quality post that is hollow of benefits, I receive no or negative reps. It's my way of evaluating myself on IslamicBoard as to how I should approach people while giving Da'wah.
:sl:

Sorry I should have said that better. What I understood from the question (probably wrongly), was whether I valued my reputation/rep power points (as in yes I'm really concerned to increase my points at all costs). Even if I don't get reps on a post, that doesn't bother me too much as I'm not really looking for them, as to me it's not about the points which are a number, but the replies you get and how that contributes to the discussion. It's nice if I get them, but I don't get upset if I don't.

However yes, if they were negative then that would bother me cos thats telling you something you've said has been seriously disliked.

Although I'm not too bothered about my own, I do value other peoples reputation, as it gives you a rough idea of how good a poster they are. E.g. someone who's been on the forum a long time, lots of posts but relatively low reputation perhaps means that their posts aren't reliable or don't contribute to the issue at hand. So I can use other people's reputation as a guide. And yes, before you say it, I know, that means someone can use mine as a guide too! :D

'Abd-al Latif
11-08-2009, 10:59 PM
No. What will rep points do for you in aakhira?

Danah
11-09-2009, 01:45 AM
^ indeed!!!....

Afg
11-09-2009, 02:37 AM
^Because you are still new. You will get rep points InshaAllah. Keep posting :)

Ramadhan
11-09-2009, 02:43 AM
I think the reps system is a very good way to measure the worthiness of one's contributions to these boards.
And since IB has so many members already with an expansive variety of background, it is safe to say that the reps that one received is not just a measure of their popularity but also a rough idea about the average quality of one's postings.

Hayaa
11-09-2009, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad

^ True that it's a good way to encourage quality posts, but you can't really judge a member merely by their reps. I've seen members who are always contributing valuable posts, yet their rep count isn't as high as I would expect it to be - yet, I always look forward to their threads/posts.

'Abdul Rahmaan
11-09-2009, 06:15 AM
I can't rely on reputation points to determine my positive or negative contribution to the forum.

noorseeker
11-09-2009, 07:41 AM
i got a lot of lols, or how i said something funny, so its nice to put a smile on someones face

'Abdul Rahmaan
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I use reps just to communite with my buddies. Very few times I've given reps to posts I was impressed with. :p

Ramadhan
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
One of the main benefits of the reps system is that we can show our appreciation to the poster

Ansariyah
11-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Its not so much reps itself, but I do appreciate the nice comments people leave me, the duas..the masha'Allah's...the lols.

OurIslamic
11-09-2009, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa

^ True that it's a good way to encourage quality posts, but you can't really judge a member merely by their reps. I've seen members who are always contributing valuable posts, yet their rep count isn't as high as I would expect it to be - yet, I always look forward to their threads/posts.
Btw, your sig isn't showing because of the text's color.

And no, I don't value rep, it means nothing.

KiWi
11-09-2009, 05:00 PM
the points...no, they're just numbers to me...nothing more
i dont understand y ppl make it such a big deal about it :hmm:

the comments though, r appreciated

Fטлку
11-13-2009, 07:58 AM
I voted yes coz I hardly have any rep points :p

Insecured soul
11-30-2009, 02:36 AM
salaam alaikum

Yes i do

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.