/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Healthy diet and recipes

mariyyah
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Assalamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

I would like to know about what is a healthy diet for me because i eat only 2 times a day , I took my breakfast at 12 h00 and sometimes at 14h00 like bread tea and cooked meal like vegetables sometimes tuna thats all and my dinner at 7 h00 or 8h00 bread again and cooked vegetables thats all i drink only 2 cups of water a day thats all i know thats not a good diet and may be its one of my panic attacks problems please could you give me a programme and what to eat for a good healthy diet and i took everyday 1immunse system resistance tablets

Sisters please if you have good food recipes send it to me by my pm JAZAKOUM ALLAH KHAIRAN

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mariyyah
11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Please any advice

Asiyah3
11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariyyah

I would like to know about what is a healthy diet for me because i eat only 2 times a day , I took my breakfast at 12 h00 and sometimes at 14h00 like bread tea and cooked meal like vegetables sometimes tuna thats all and my dinner at 7 h00 or 8h00 bread again and cooked vegetables thats all i drink only 2 cups of water a day thats all i know thats not a good diet and may be its one of my panic attacks problems please could you give me a programme and what to eat for a good healthy diet and i took everyday 1immunse system resistance tablets

Sisters please if you have good food recipes send it to me by my pm JAZAKOUM ALLAH KHAIRAN
In my case, I've just been taught the so-called "platemodel", food routine, what is unhealthy/healthy food etc.

Hamza Asadullah
11-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Sister you should eat three times a day, When you wake up then the sunnah of the Prophet is to mix honey with warm water and drink that as it is good for the digestive system and eat a while later and have some porridge with honey which is really good start to the day because milk is also sunnah to drink and should be drunk everyday.

Or you could have fresh fruit and yoghurt mixed together with some honey.

It is sunnah to have 7 pressed dates to start the day and the person will be protected from magic and evil of shaythan throughout the day inshallah

Then at lunch time after Zuhr have a nice lunch of fish or chicken with rice or bread with potato and salad, put a some olive oil in the salad because it is sunnah and liked by our prophet (Pbuh) and is very beneficial and should have a spoon a day at least and is very good for massaging over body as is beneficial for skin.

Barley bread is sunnah and you can have it with Soup which is also good and healthy and is good at lunch times. Have soups like lentils or vegtable soup with multi grain brown bread or barley bread.

For dinner you can have red meat(2 or 3 times a week) or fish or chicken with vegtables and potato's. Have plenty of green leaf vegtables like cabbage,broccoli,spinach aswell as carrots,peas,cauliflower etc. Have variety of vegtables.

Carrots are very beneficial and Prophet (Pbuh) liked eating carrots aswell as dil and parsley.

Vinegar is very beneficial and the Prophet loved vinegar for he said " what a good food vinegar is".

Have Apple vinegar with Barley bread which is sunnah and very beneficial.

Fish is very good especially oily fish which has a lot of Omega 3 ils like Mackeral. Also salmon and tuna is good aswell but have whole variety of fish because it is a good source of protien.

Have plenty of fruit especially when you feel hungry like isntead of snacking on biscuits or crisps then have fruit or yoghurt.

Pomegranate is very beneficial for the stomach and should be eaten with the white fibre that surrounds it inshallah

Try to avoid fried foods and don't have too much sugar but do treat yourself to something sweet now and again as the Prophet (Pbuh) had a sweet tooth but not all the time.

Have plenty of dates preferrably medina dates.

Figs are a sunnah and were called the fruits of paradise by Rasulallah (Pbuh), they can be eaten dry or fresh inshallah

Have honey and blackseed oil which is very beneficial and sunnah

Also have cupping(Hijamah) done now and again because it was an emphasised sunnah of the Prophet (Pbuh) and is a cure for many diseases. It may help your anxiety problem if you have cupping done on the head or neck. Ask a Hijamah expert inshallah

Also drink plenty of water throughout the day. May Allah give us the best health. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Sister :sl:
(you are a full member now :) )
since you are having two meals only i would suggets to have a good diet in the morning and may be go a bit easy in the evening in the morning make sure you get enough of proteins and carbohydrates.. Don't forget to drink milk.My mom says most women suffer with problems related to bones after middle age , So it a must for you to drink milk. Also as brother suggested , have some dates.they are very nourishing:).Always prefer cooked to packed food.

And in general , eat till you are full and don't feel too scared to have a desert or you fav icecream once a week :).

Allah hafiz.

AbdullahSyed
11-09-2009, 08:58 PM

My little sister is exactly like you she barely eats anything. You have a problem. First you need to realize you should be eating atleast 3 meals a day with snacks in between each meal. You should be drinking a min of 2litres water a day. Your calories for each day should be from anywhere 1800-2000. As for eating I would suggest eating lean protein foods (lean ground chicken, Lean ground beef, Chicken breast, beans, tofu, eggs, dairy, fish). For your carbs keep them complex (oats, brown rice, vegetables,) simple carbs (fruits). You need fat aswell healthy fats are (fish oli, olive oli).

1immunse system resistance tablets
Dont take these instead take multi vitamins and minerals Flora is a good brand that comes Iron free. But consult your physician before you taking anything.

Like i said my sister does not eat much like yourself. She suffers from panic attacks and lost some hair in the process. She gets sick often atleast 3 times a year or more. You should avoid salt, sugar, and caffeine these will destory you immune system and make you more vunerable for diseases and flu.

Your eating disorder maybe related to your past. Maybe, you were brought up in an abusive environment, bullied, negligence from parents etc.. Learn to cope with your past. Remeber to do as much zikr as possible. Try to block out negative thoughts and do some research yourself to figure out the underlining cause. But dont forget to eat healthy this can actually cure depression or bring it down a lot. Also, excerise lifts weights and cardio (run, skip rope, Jog, etc..). Read more avoid things that delude you from your path (television, music, surfing internet, Any addiction).

Hopefully this will help

Pray to allah as much as possible

Allah knows best.

AbdullahSyed
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
My mom says most women suffer with problems related to bones after middle age
Its actually because most women avoid meat.

eat till you are full and don't feel too scared to have a desert or you fav icecream once a week
You should never eat until you are full. You should eat enough that you are hungry again in 3 hours. Try to avoid things such as ice cream or other sugary products. You would not treat yourself with a cigarette once in a while. Then why should you treat yourself with sugar? Sugar is just as or more addictive then cigarettes.

http://www.healingcancernaturally.co...cts-risks.html

mariyyah
11-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Asslamou Alaikoum Warahmatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

I agree that sugar is not good for our health and i read about the 146 reason of sugar but me i dont take so much sugar a day , I put only 1 table spoon of sugar in one cup of tea a day thats all 1tbsp sugar and 1 cup of tea a day

I eat rice and tuna sometimes i cook vegetable with olive oil because i like it i eat banana , I eat chicken and meat and fish fingers is not only me who eat 2 times a day but also my husband and all his family because thats their lifestlye and it was strange and difficult for me in the beginning because i came from a family who eat 7 times a day then my diet change and i follow my husband and his family , I have a large appetite ALHAMDOLLIALLAH but i need to see other people eating so much that i can eat plus if i eat all the time i will put more weight which is catastrophe .

An other problem is when you change from country to country so is not easy to like their food and i couldnt find the food that i used to eat it in my country and for that i will need time to like the new food

PLease could you tell me what is the best time for eating ?

Jazakoum ALLAH SWT khairan

mariyyah
11-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Brother Abdullahsyed

Could you tell me please what was your sister problem and is she ok now ? does she eat good now ?

Jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan

mariyyah
11-10-2009, 04:18 PM
I would like to know if Brussels Sprouts are healthy or not ?

Hamza Asadullah
11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I would like to know if Brussels Sprouts are healthy or not ?
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, the best times to eat my sister are to have breakfast when you first wake up, then lunch after Zuhr and then finally evening meal around 6 or 7 as it is not good to eat too late because ones metabolism decreases at the end of the day.

Cruciferous vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and kale help prevent cancer so are highly recommended as are all vegtables and fruit.

We should try and decrease the amount of processed foods we eat because of the chemically processed additions it contains and increase the amount of fresh food we eat which retains much of its vitamins and nutrients.

Whatever happens we should try and stick to the best diet of all. No it is not aitkins and no it is not weightwatchers diet, but it is the Prophet (Pbuh) diet which was to eat so that no more than a third of ones stomach is full and the rest for breathing and water.

This way one eats the right quantities which will mean one won't put on weight. Subhanallah if everyone followed rasulallah(Pbuh) diet then we would not have obesity problems in the west.

mariyyah
11-10-2009, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, the best times to eat my sister are to have breakfast when you first wake up, then lunch after Zuhr and then finally evening meal around 6 or 7 as it is not good to eat too late because ones metabolism decreases at the end of the day.

Cruciferous vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and kale help prevent cancer so are highly recommended as are all vegtables and fruit.

We should try and decrease the amount of processed foods we eat because of the chemically processed additions it contains and increase the amount of fresh food we eat which retains much of its vitamins and nutrients.

Whatever happens we should try and stick to the best diet of all. No it is not aitkins and no it is not weightwatchers diet, but it is the Prophet (Pbuh) diet which was to eat so that no more than a third of ones stomach is full and the rest for breathing and water.

This way one eats the right quantities which will mean one won't put on weight. Subhanallah if everyone followed rasulallah(Pbuh) diet then we would not have obesity problems in the west.

Thank you very much brother hamza

AbdullahSyed
11-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Brother Abdullahsyed

Could you tell me please what was your sister problem and is she ok now ? does she eat good now ?

Jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan
My sister has a eating disorder she barely eats. If she eats its one meal a day and it will be something very unhealthy. unfortunately, She is an adult and chooses not to change herself. I can only ask her so many times to change but if she wants to remain the way she is I cannot force it. She is okay but suffers from panic attack and gets sick quite often. I can actually see direct link between our past and her problems. But we can blame our problems on the past so much. Then after you realize you should change and if a person does not want to change well thats their life. Seems to me you are directed towards the right path Alhumdillah. Good luck

AbdullahSyed
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM

I agree that sugar is not good for our health and i read about the 146 reason of sugar but me i dont take so much sugar a day , I put only 1 table spoon of sugar in one cup of tea a day thats all 1tbsp sugar and 1 cup of tea a day
You think you dont eat too much sugar but when you start reading the labels you will be shocked the amount of sugar we eat a day.

I eat rice and tuna sometimes i cook vegetable with olive oil because i like it i eat banana , I eat chicken and meat and fish fingers is not only me who eat 2 times a day but also my husband and all his family because thats their lifestlye and it was strange and difficult for me in the beginning because i came from a family who eat 7 times a day then my diet change and i follow my husband and his family , I have a large appetite ALHAMDOLLIALLAH but i need to see other people eating so much that i can eat plus if i eat all the time i will put more weight which is catastrophe .
Eating two meals a day can damage your metabolism. You should encourage your husband's family and your husband to eat more frequently. But the key is SMALLER MEALS. Like I said above read the calories requirement for your body. Then plan your meals within the calorie amount. Therefore, you will not only get good nutritionist meals but also smaller meals.

An other problem is when you change from country to country so is not easy to like their food and i couldnt find the food that i used to eat it in my country and for that i will need time to like the new food
Common problem among alot of people. It usualy takes 2-3 trys of the same food for you to truly decide whether you like it or not. So don't just avoid it after first try. Try it couple times more before you make your judgement. I personally am not a picky eater I will practically eat anything as long as its halal.

PLease could you tell me what is the best time for eating ?

Best times depends when you wake up. I would suggest breakfast the first thing you wake up. Then after that eat every three hours a small meal. Stop two hours before you go to bed.

sherrylouz
11-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Eat fruits and vegetables rich in fibers, vitamins and antioxidants. They fill up your stomach fast and are also low in calories and help to keep your calorie count low.

mariyyah
11-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Assalamou Alaikoum Warahamatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

I heard that brown sugar is better than white sugar is that true ? If i dont take everyday 1 cup of green tea with 1 tbsp sugar and chocolate cakes i feel sick and i feel no energy on me and i cannot even walk so how can i be ok without them ?

mariyyah
11-11-2009, 01:29 PM

Brother hamza 81 mashallah you have so many knowledge about so many things could youtell us please how do you know all these things did you study the islamic studies ?

mariyyah
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM

What is your opinion about Immunace Tablets?

Hamza Asadullah
11-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Assalamou Alaikoum Warahamatou ALLAH Taala Wabarakatou,

I heard that brown sugar is better than white sugar is that true ? If i dont take everyday 1 cup of green tea with 1 tbsp sugar and chocolate cakes i feel sick and i feel no energy on me and i cannot even walk so how can i be ok without them ?

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, there is not much difference between white and brown sugar. Brown sugar is simply white sugar coated in molasses.

Sugar consists entirely of carbohydrate - mainly sucrose, and 100 grams provides about 395 calories.

Sugar can be thought of as 'empty calories' as it does not provide any vitamins or minerals - only calories, which is why it is bad news for those of us watching our weight.

Sugar should be no more than 10% of our daily energy.

I usually use honey to sweeten things but only use a little because it is still calorific but is also sunnah as the Prophet (Pbuh) recommend honey as a cure for many illnesses.

It is better to use proper sugar than articficial sweeteners. It is always best to read labels on products properly to be sure how much sugar it really contains because one would be suprised how much sugar is contained in products that one would not expect to find much sugar in.

Whatever happens we should try and keep a a balance in whatever we eat. Too much of anything is never good.

Hamza Asadullah
11-11-2009, 03:48 PM

Brother hamza 81 mashallah you have so many knowledge about so many things could youtell us please how do you know all these things did you study the islamic studies ?
Jazakallah my sister but know that i have very little knowledge as there is SO much to learn about our deen. We are all students until our last breathe.
We should always be trying to learn but it is important to learn from the right sources.
Read reliable books which have good reviews, take from reliable scholars, listen to talks and read material from reliable scholars and also take part in classes where one can learn from those who have knowledge.
We should all have a craving for knowledge because the Prophet (Pbuh) said to the nearest meaning that how can those who not know be better than those who know?
May Allah give us the ability to learn as much as we can and implement it in our daily lives aswell as spread it to others so that they may benefit to. Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
11-11-2009, 03:54 PM

What is your opinion about Immunace Tablets?
My sister we should always get our vitamins and minerals naturally but there are cases when doctors recommend supplements but it is always best we try to keep our immune system healthy and active naturally as Allah has put these benefits in many foods and here are examples of many immune strengthening foods:

Whole grains: Brown rice, millet, quinoa, buckwheat (kasha), oats, barley, and other whole grains are a valuable source of the vitamins, minerals and fiber that are an essential part of keeping the immune system healthy. Fiber helps cleanse the colon of toxins and helps prevent intestinal infections. Intact whole grains, not the flour products made from them are what really strengthen the digestive system. Cooked grains make a great breakfast or a substitute for pasta, white rice or white potatoes.

Vegetables: Eat as many vegetables as you can. These are really the immune-boosting heavyweights. They are the best source of the vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that are known to protect the body against many diseases, including cancer. Especially try to have dark leafy greens, such as kale and collard greens. And include as many of the yellow and orange vegetables as possible for beta carotene, an important anti-oxidant. Carrots, winter squash, and sweet potatoes are also great for satisfying the sweet tooth in a healthy way. If you are prone to diarrhea, then avoid raw vegetables (and fruit). Lightly steam or saute them instead.

Fresh fruit:Providing the same benefits as vegetables, fruits can be eaten as snacks, separate from protein for better digestion. Berries are particularly noted for their cancer preventative abilities. Fruit though is very high in sugar, so large quantities should be avoided, especially tropical fruits such as bananas, mangoes, etc. If you are prone to yeast infections (thrush, candida), avoid fruit juices, since the high concentration of sugar promotes the growth of yeast in the digestive system.

Protein: Generous amounts of high quality protein are important for maintaining rapid production of cells to support the immune system, preventing loss of lean muscle mass and boosting energy.
As much as possible, look for organic meat and poultry, have plenty of fish, especially those high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for building the body's immune response. These include salmon, sardines, mackerel, trout and tuna; flax seeds are another good source of this important nutrient. Dairy products may not be the best protein source since they create digestive problems for many people, such as excess gas, loose stools, mucous and congestion. Yeast infections and thrush also thrive on dairy. Vegetarian sources of protein include soy products such as tofu and tempeh, and beans and legumes, having the added benefit of fiber, which animal foods do not provide.

Other helpful foods include onions, garlic (unless you are having liver problems), ginger, and turmeric (a spice that is a good anti-inflammatory). Mushrooms such as shi-take, oyster, and other Asian varieties, are noted for their immune-enhancing abilities. Sea vegetables are rich in minerals such as immune-boosting zinc, as well as calcium. Small quantities of fresh almonds, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds are also good sources for zinc and healthy fats.

Water: This is the essential "ground zero" for regulating all of the body's systems. It eases the job of the kidneys and liver to process and eliminate toxins from the blood. It helps keep mucous membranes moist enough to combat the viruses they encounter. And it is a little known tool for reducing sugar cravings. Sugar cravings are often a sign of dehydration. Try a big glass of water the next time you are craving sugar, then wait a few minutes and see if the need for the sugar is really still there. Water, as well as other beverages, really should not be ice cold. Your body will have to use a lot of energy to warm it up to that 98.6 degrees it tries so hard to maintain. Try to have 6 to 8 glasses of pure water every day.

mariyyah
11-11-2009, 09:15 PM

Brother hamza 81 thank you very much for your help and advice , Jazaka ALLAH khairan and Mashallah

mariyyah
11-12-2009, 12:55 PM

I had a problem with my eyes is like i see black flashes passing my eyes and i went to my optician yesterday and they checked my eyes and they did 2 test but nothing found wrong with my eyes and now they are giving me an other appointement for a floaters test next week they said they will put a product to make the eyes big and look at the back of my eyes but iam very worry if again nothing wrong with my eyes then may the product can damage my eyes yesterday after their test my eyes are become red and running like iam crying and i really dont know if i go for the test next week or not please any advice ?

Yesterday i had a dream i saw that there is a long hair on my hands fingers and i really dont know what is the meaning khair INSHALLAH jazakoum ALLAH SWT khairan

Hamza Asadullah
11-12-2009, 01:11 PM

I had a problem with my eyes is like i see black flashes passing my eyes and i went to my optician yesterday and they checked my eyes and they did 2 test but nothing found wrong with my eyes and now they are giving me an other appointement for a floaters test next week they said they will put a product to make the eyes big and look at the back of my eyes but iam very worry if again nothing wrong with my eyes then may the product can damage my eyes yesterday after their test my eyes are become red and running like iam crying and i really dont know if i go for the test next week or not please any advice ?

Yesterday i had a dream i saw that there is a long hair on my hands fingers and i really dont know what is the meaning khair INSHALLAH jazakoum ALLAH SWT khairan
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, sister i also have floaters and my doctor told me that they are harmless but if i wanted to that i could go and see an optician which i also will do inshallah.

Do not worry about the tests that they conduct on your eyes, they are safe and an optician would not do a test which is not safe for your eyes.

Let them do the tests because it is vital to know if your floaters is not serious and inshallah everything will be ok just have full hope,trust and faith in Allah.

In regards to your dream, hair represents goods or wealth. Finger represents the Nephews or brothers But in order to successfully interpret it, it is best to ask an aalim because only a learned person can interpret dreams properly.

mariyyah
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM

Brother hamza 81 thank you very much for your advice and explanation i will INSHALLAH JAZAKA ALLAH SWT Khairan

Please i have an other question i will launch very soon INSHALLAH a website and i was advised to put some music in the background of the website to make it more attractive but as iam aware that music is haram i really dont know what to do ?

Hamza Asadullah
11-12-2009, 01:31 PM

Brother hamza 81 thank you very much for your advice and explanation i will INSHALLAH JAZAKA ALLAH SWT Khairan

Please i have an other question i will launch very soon INSHALLAH a website and i was advised to put some music in the background of the website to make it more attractive but as iam aware that music is haram i really dont know what to do ?
The use of the drum is allowed on the occasion of a wedding, wedding feast (walimah) and both days of Eid. This is concerning the drum which has no tinkle. The drum which has the tinkle is not permitted to be used.

Playing of all other instruments is not allowed. Islam prohibits music and therefore music is haram (unlawful).

Its direct effect is exciting and leading people away from the right path, (the path of Allah SWT). It spoils morality and causes addiction. It is mentioned in the Holy Quran under “Lahwal Hadith” (idle talk):

“And among the people is the one who buys idle talk in order to lead (people) astray from the path of Allah without knowledge, holding it in mockery; for such there will be a humiliating punishment. (31:6)”. (Commentators of the Holy Quran have also included music in 'idle talk.')

Therefore sister it is better to refrain from using music because is it not better to be safe than sorry? We would rather please Allah than to anger or displease him and He is the ONLY one who will make your website a success. So do everything in the permissable way and Allah will make your website a true success inshallah.

May Allah lead us towards the right direction.Ameen

mariyyah
11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Brother hamza 81 Jazaka ALLAH SWT khairan for your excellent and wonderful explanation AMEEN

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.