/* */

PDA

View Full Version : travel prayer

AnonymousPoster
11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
:sl: Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Im a bit confused of how to pray when you go on a journey.

I will be travelling more than the 48miles to be considered a traveller.

How many rakats do i pray for each prayer

I will be away for two days, and when i return home , im i still a traveller

JazakAllah khayran in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-12-2009, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl: Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Im a bit confused of how to pray when you go on a journey.

I will be travelling more than the 48miles to be considered a traveller.

How many rakats do i pray for each prayer

I will be away for two days, and when i return home , im i still a traveller

JazakAllah khayran in advance.
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, One is considered a mufassir until one reaches the boundary of ones home town. If you travel and stop in one place for less than 15 days then you are a Musafir but if you stay for more than 15 days then you are Muqeem.

A Musaafir is required to read 2 Rakaats Fardh Salaat in Dhurh, Asr and Esha. He/she may read the Sunnat Salaats before and after the different Salaats.

If a Musaafir performs Salaat behind the Imaam in Dhuhr, Asr and Esha Salaats, the Musaafir will have to follow the Imaam and complete the full Salaat.

If you can perform Salaat with Jamaat, then you should do so. However, if you perform Salaat individually, then you will have to perform Qasr (two Rakaats) in Dhuhr, Asr and Esha Salaats.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

As a Musafir You can pray 2 fard of Zuhr upto 15-20 minutes before it ends and then wait another 10 minutes and pray 2 fard of Asr. Then you can pray 3 fard of Maghrib 15-20 minutes before Isha starts and then wait 10 minutes and pray 2 fard of Isha. You must also pray the 3 witr which you can pray anytime until Subho Sadiq (Dawn).

Rafeeq
11-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Very nice. U r very active Hamza

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.